AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-07, 12:54   Link #1
demon2004

Computer Help

Well my computer died on me it was an amd 64 3200+ 1gb pc3200 80GB hd and msi board, it served well, so i now had an reason to buy an new computer i went and god an vista premaid one compaq specs are

p4 631 3.0gz 2mb cache
1gb ddr2 pc 4200 pluse i added an extra 512ram
intell board with the ati radeon express 1100 chipset
160gb sata 2 hd
light scribe dl drive
now for some reason it seems slow is the cpu not strong enough for visat i mean the min requiment is 800mzh so hep please
demon2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:49   Link #2
shiro83

Here are the system requirements for Vista:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...uirements.mspx

Your specs are good enough for Vista.

Maybe something else is causing the slowness? Did you see any abnormalities in your Task Manager?
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:37   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

You're using an integrated graphics chip, right? Do you have Aero turned on? If so, try turning it off.
Old 2007-04-10, 01:16   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Something also simple to try --- defrag your system drive. Its amazing how often I'll look at a fresh install and find the drive totally fragged up.

Outside of that your basic specs look okay, but like Ledgem remarks, turn off the glittery crap (like Aero) and that'll help. After all, an OS is supposed just run your stuff, not interfere
Old 2007-04-11, 13:03   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Outside of that your basic specs look okay, but like Ledgem remarks, turn off the glittery crap (like Aero) and that'll help. After all, an OS is supposed just run your stuff, not interfere
Tell that to 800mb-idle-eating-monster Vista. I just had to do a fresh XP install <_<

Quote:
now for some reason it seems slow is the cpu not strong enough for visat i mean the min requiment is 800mzh so hep please
Remember that "minimum" requirements are always, well, minimum. You can run Vista at 800mhz, but even XP was hella slow at those speeds, I can't even imagine the pain of waiting 15 minutes for your OS to load on you.

But yeah, try turning Aero off. It eats a lot of memory and stresses your video card like crap.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:30   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
After all, an OS is supposed just run your stuff, not interfere
If only Micro$hit paid homage to that phrase...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:40   Link #7
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon2004 View Post
Well my computer died on me it was an amd 64 3200+ 1gb pc3200 80GB hd and msi board, it served well, so i now had an reason to buy an new computer i went and god an vista premaid one compaq specs are

p4 631 3.0gz 2mb cache
160gb sata 2 hd
light scribe dl drive
If you want the best pc get a voodoo pc (an omen) Those are all vista ready. I ordered one and I'm still waiting for it to come ^^;;
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 22:58   Link #8
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
No offense, but you really can't say it's the best if you haven't even gotten it to try it out yet, now can you...? o.O

As everyone said, turn off Aero. I never followed "minimum requirements" for anything. Why? Because it's the absolute minimum that it can run, which means it won't run as good as it was advertised at minimum. Always follow the recommended requirements.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 08:31   Link #9
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Unless your video card really isn't up to the task disabling aero doesn't do all that much for performance.

Edit: nevermind... didn't see the type of video card the original poster had...
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 08:02   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

Man... any onboard video chop sux. They are crappy for any 3D thing. They weren't made for it. Only suitable for office work.
Old 2007-04-17, 10:08   Link #11
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Actually, it's slowly becoming a standard for motherboards to have onboard video that can handle running some minimum 3D rendering. It's not an official standard yet, so give it some time. Maybe a few more months. Besides, with Vista out, the motherboard companies have no choice but to have decent onboard video on their motherboards now. So how many times did I say motherboards now? 3? Maybe more? I'm not even saying it and I still feel like I'm tripping over the word in my mind.
Old 2007-04-19, 03:50   Link #12
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon2004 View Post
p4 631 3.0gz 2mb cache
160gb sata 2 hd
light scribe dl drive
well that should be enough for vista... you proc and mem are quite good. The only thing sucks at you box was you graphic accellerator. Vista uses A HELL LOT of graphic resource especiall when using that aero stuff. Try buying some VGA card. If you have quite a bunch money try buying two radeon x1950xtx well if not just use any agp (pci-x more recommended) card with at least 128mb of gddr3 (vram).

or just dump that stupid vista and install some slackware and see the difference hahaha...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:39   Link #13
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
well if not just use any agp (pci-x more recommended) card with at least 128mb of gddr3 (vram).
AGP or PCI-E, PCI-E more recommended? Do most motherboards today come with both AGP and PCI-E slots? I was under the impression that your board either had AGP or PCI-E. Knowing that I can't reuse my AGP GeForce 4 on practically any new motherboard blocks a lot of my would-be upgrades.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but otherwise take note of what your motherboard supports. AGP is being phased out in favor of PCI-Express. There are cheap cards for AGP and PCI-E, but you'll most likely find the absolute lowest prices in the AGP lineup. Not that it matters - you're locked into whatever your motherboard supports.
Old 2007-04-19, 21:35   Link #14
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Some has both, though it's kind of pointless. Most boards are one or the other. PCI-E is starting to become the standard and a replacement for the AGP. If you wish to upgrade your video card in the future and you happened to have an AGP slot for your video card, the choices might be sparce years from now. Just a fair warning.
Old 2007-04-19, 21:36   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Most don't... so choose wisely. I took a fair $$$ hit a while back because for a small period no one was offering AGP/PCI-Ex combo boards.

There are a few boards that offer both. But I suspect they're plumber's nightmares at the circuit level. The AGP offers short term lower costs (as Ledgem says).... but at some point you're looking at changing the mobo when you upgrade your video card because you'll have to switch. Just pick a good moment. I'm always upgrading my system incrementally... recently started eliminating IDE for SATA (the drives are almost identical in price now).
Old 2007-04-20, 08:40   Link #16
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
No offense, but you really can't say it's the best if you haven't even gotten it to try it out yet, now can you...? o.O

As everyone said, turn off Aero. I never followed "minimum requirements" for anything. Why? Because it's the absolute minimum that it can run, which means it won't run as good as it was advertised at minimum. Always follow the recommended requirements.
well i heard it was the best, thats why i got it ^^;;. I said it as a fact not an opinion lol (seriously they got like a 10/10 and got rated the best computer for 2006 or 2007 cant remember which one but it was in games for windows)
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote