AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 04:05   Link #16621
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ask yourself when have you seen one without the other, in some form or another?

Magic is a big umbrella term.
yep, i have seen some love comedy and gag mangas, with just youkais/spirits and no magic included,only one name come to my mind rigth now and its yamanko since i readed a chapter today.
Old 2012-03-02, 04:12   Link #16622
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
yep, i have seen some love comedy and gag mangas, with just youkais/spirits and no magic included,only one name come to my mind rigth now and its yamanko since i readed a chapter today.
That's a really good one.
Old 2012-03-02, 08:48   Link #16623
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll take your word for it because I don't want to go through the trouble of reading a whole new manga just to prove you wrong.
Old 2012-03-02, 15:22   Link #16624
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So I see Kamachi is doing ANOTHER novel. Why, does he do that? Do the plots sometimes seem similar to index. Like Heavy Object for example
Old 2012-03-02, 17:58   Link #16625
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well i can only assume he really enjoys writing, since i dont think he has to worry about money at this point.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:27   Link #16626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, when you write 30 volumes for a single story over the last 5+ years, you'll want to try your hand at something different eventually.

This allows him to try scenarios that he won't be able to do with Index.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:28   Link #16627
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
True, and I think this upcoming project will be great because I love Heavy Object and the Valkyrie romantic battle comedy shows promise.
Old 2012-03-03, 15:15   Link #16628
dannclark

Wait wait wait i might be wrong but according to my brief research touma isnt even in the new series and he died with gabriel? thats so stupid and dumb he practially made the series as its definite main protagonist i get killing him off if it was the end of the series but its not theres like a brand new sequel
Old 2012-03-03, 15:42   Link #16629
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Wait wait wait i might be wrong but according to my brief research touma isnt even in the new series and he died with gabriel? thats so stupid and dumb he practially made the series as its definite main protagonist i get killing him off if it was the end of the series but its not theres like a brand new sequel

This is why research should never be brief...
Old 2012-03-03, 15:43   Link #16630
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post

This is why research should never be brief...
If he is back is the min plot based around him again? its not going to be another crappy railgun thing is it?
Old 2012-03-03, 15:47   Link #16631
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
If he is back is the min plot based around him again?
There's an entire website devoted to this. I suggest you go there.

Quote:
its not going to be another crappy railgun thing is it?
Protip: Belligerent behavior isn't very conducive to getting your questions answered.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:29   Link #16632
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I would love to know where you get your To Aru research materials from 1 year and 2 books after the first New Testament volume was released... Cause by then you would think the news have spread to everywhere already...

Let me guess, 4ch? ANN? MAL? Anywhere but here and the Wikia?
Old 2012-03-03, 20:22   Link #16633
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Seriously? What time period are you from? I can't imagine what research you did, because what happened in NT should have spread everywhere by now...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-03-03, 20:36   Link #16634
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, when you write 30 volumes for a single story over the last 5+ years, you'll want to try your hand at something different eventually.

This allows him to try scenarios that he won't be able to do with Index.
But this affects his writing, i assume and so many at once is definitely overwork.
Old 2012-03-03, 21:07   Link #16635
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
But this affects his writing, i assume and so many at once is definitely overwork.
Heavy Object and this new Zashiki-Warashi isn't as content-intense as Index.

Between Kagami-sensei (DenYuuDen, ItsuTen) and Kawakami-sensei (Horizon, Chronicle etc.), Kamachi-sensei definitely isn't the craziest kid in the block.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-04 at 09:02. Reason: typo
Old 2012-03-04, 01:19   Link #16636
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Heavy Object and this new Zashiki-Warashi isn't as content-intense as Index.

Between Kagami-sensei (DenYuuDen, IsuTen) and Kawakami-sensei (Horizon, Chronicle etc.), Kamachi-sensei definitely isn't the craziest kid in the block.
i think that the thing is that these other authors not beign as popular here in the west as kamachi is, at least not have as much coverage in sites like ANN, for instance i dint know kawamaki did anything other than horizon.
Old 2012-03-04, 02:26   Link #16637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i think that the thing is that these other authors not beign as popular here in the west as kamachi is, at least not have as much coverage in sites like ANN, for instance i dint know kawamaki did anything other than horizon.
What does popularity have to do with it ? Let alone popularity in the English community? All I'm saying is that an author having multiple series at the same time isn't really such a crazy concept.

But on that topic of Author popularity the other two can be explained; Kagami has the bad luck of having his work adapted by geniuses at Zexcs, twice; that being said, he does have the tendency to fuck with his characters till they turn sore behind and then not respect them in the morning after so maybe that's doesn't sit well with alot of people.

Kawamaki has only just gotten his first Anime Adaptation which was a smashing success where it matters. Also, if Kamachi is infamous for writing fast, Kawamaki is infamous for writing ALOT- I heard he has plans for 6 major titles joint in one mega saga ever since highschool and he's writing them almost simultaneously.

But lets face the facts; Index's popularity as a whole didn't really take off until Railgun. No matter how much we want to deny it, this fame was built on evil- *cough* I mean, SOL.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-04 at 03:04.
Old 2012-03-04, 03:01   Link #16638
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ahh, ok, i didnt read you right, back there.
and going a little off topic, was denyuden really that bad adapted? i really enjoyed the anime a lot.
Old 2012-03-04, 03:10   Link #16639
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
ahh, ok, i didnt read you right, back there.
and going a little off topic, was denyuden really that bad adapted? i really enjoyed the anime a lot.
I wouldn't know, never read the LN. You got to ask someone like larethian though I heard they cut and squeeze alot (lol, like which adaptation doesn't?)

Plus it's Zexcs so...

I kinda like it too, but lets face it- It didn't do much for it's fame.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-04 at 04:03.
Old 2012-03-04, 10:05   Link #16640
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
What does popularity have to do with it ? Let alone popularity in the English community? All I'm saying is that an author having multiple series at the same time isn't really such a crazy concept.

But on that topic of Author popularity the other two can be explained; Kagami has the bad luck of having his work adapted by geniuses at Zexcs, twice; that being said, he does have the tendency to fuck with his characters till they turn sore behind and then not respect them in the morning after so maybe that's doesn't sit well with alot of people.

Kawamaki has only just gotten his first Anime Adaptation which was a smashing success where it matters. Also, if Kamachi is infamous for writing fast, Kawamaki is infamous for writing ALOT- I heard he has plans for 6 major titles joint in one mega saga ever since highschool and he's writing them almost simultaneously.

But lets face the facts; Index's popularity as a whole didn't really take off until Railgun. No matter how much we want to deny it, this fame was built on evil- *cough* I mean, SOL.
Japanese and their moe. rageface.jpg
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen