AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 01:18   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What purpose served the handkerchief guy?

If you didn't pay attention in the last episode, someone pats Rin on the shoulder resulting a guy (with an ugly grin for obvious reasons), and Rin quizzically ask if he has met him before.

That guy actually was always seen after the Suki Suki Sia, Kitto Kitto Kaede, Ran Ran Nerine club guys failed in their attempts to annihilate Rin. He will unusually pop out from an unconventional place, holding a handkerchief and calling "idiots".

I cannot come up with any logical explanation for the animation staff to introduce that character contributing at least some funny purpose or comedy aspect to the series.
I just think that guy was too weird and unnecesary.

Don't tell me that guy also appears in the game too? or is he an anime-only character?
Old 2006-01-11, 02:20   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No one can figure him out .... he's not in the game... he's not in the manga (of course, nor are the "idol teams"). Just some stupid writer's idea that didn't really pan out .....
I had no idea he was supposed to be a student .... he looks 10 yrs older than the rest. Of course, a lot of the teams also looked like adults instead of teens .... I dunno, I just thought the whole thing was a waste of screen time that we *could* have had more screen time for the main characters.... idiot animators....
Old 2006-01-11, 02:24   Link #3
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I had no idea he was supposed to be a student .... he looks 10 yrs older than the rest. Of course, a lot of the teams also looked like adults instead of teens .... I dunno, I just thought the whole thing was a waste of screen time that we *could* have had more screen time for the main characters.... idiot animators....
I'm quite sure they were all pervy adults. They just dressed up as students (depending on the club and situation though).

I didn't like the Defence forces, they were a gimmick and a waste of time.
Old 2006-01-11, 03:39   Link #4
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

H-man was the one who orchestrated the pitiful Asa ending (for reasons still unknown). He shoved Asa's father into Ama's face in a moment of brilliant foresight, he then watched from afar as the characters grew developed, he did what he did with the defense groups, and in ep 24, it seems that he has accomplished what he was set on doing. Which of course we won't find out until the OVA "True Shuffle", a drama 2h movie which reveals H-man's plans and its implications upon the world while showing parts of Shuffle through his own twisted perspective.

Glory to the H-man

Old 2006-01-11, 04:37   Link #5
Apekatt
Monkeycat

I seriously think Hanky is in love with Rin!! I know we joked about that a lot in the HHH-thread but after having seen episode 24 I doubt it isn't the truth. The way Hanky aproached Rin while giggling in that perverted way... I shiver just thinking about it. >__>
I think Hanky started the fanclubs in order to keep Rin for himself!
Old 2006-01-11, 06:41   Link #6
wildarmsheero
Three Times As Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
H-man was the one who orchestrated the pitiful Asa ending (for reasons still unknown). He shoved Asa's father into Ama's face in a moment of brilliant foresight, he then watched from afar as the characters grew developed, he did what he did with the defense groups, and in ep 24, it seems that he has accomplished what he was set on doing.
That's pretty much my theory. Except in mine he was actually playing the game "Shuffle!" and controling the events on his own.

Also, I don't see what some of you guys have against the defence forces. They were hilarious. Grow a sense of humour, srsly.
Old 2006-01-11, 06:49   Link #7
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildarmsheero
Also, I don't see what some of you guys have against the defence forces. They were hilarious. Grow a sense of humour, srsly.
Agree with that to bad they didn't show up much at the end. Shuffle was Brilliant!! when they were on screen, I laughed so much more and the start of the show, come on.. I've never seen any other show do somthing like this. It's like the Two Kings in a way, from the poll there isn't much support for them, but they sure did make shuffle alot different for the better.

About handkerchief guy, man he was creppy but hey it attracted my attention and made me go WTF, so a nice touch to include him even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sence.

Now who could of predicted that we would see him like that, there..

@ wildarmsheero love! your avatar, works good as a still. The Background and detail is some of the best I've seen.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-01-11 at 07:25.
Old 2006-01-11, 06:55   Link #8
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
i think that the handy man's gonna say, "actually i love you <3" and gives Rin a love shaped handy -.-
Old 2006-01-11, 07:48   Link #9
Eclipze

Quote:
That's pretty much my theory. Except in mine he was actually playing the game "Shuffle!" and controling the events on his own.
This actually sounds reasonable...
Old 2006-01-11, 08:08   Link #10
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
i think he represents us beacuse we are all jelous of Rin that he used to have all the pretty girls..
Old 2006-01-11, 10:21   Link #11
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Kun
i think he represents us beacuse we are all jelous of Rin that he used to have all the pretty girls..
Come on, man, I may be a bit desperate, but I'm not THAT ugly
Old 2006-01-11, 11:23   Link #12
Asa-Fan
*~Sami the Pizza Girl~*

Send a message via ICQ to Asa-Fan Send a message via MSN to Asa-Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Asa-Fan
YATTA!!!
H-Man ~**~
I knew he had to be in the last ep x'DDD
Theres probably no answer to the question but he had to be there
I think you could have asked the question in the h-man club we would have saved a thred
Old 2006-01-11, 11:24   Link #13
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
so H-Man was truly after Rin...kinda creepy...but it was good to see him...
Old 2006-01-11, 13:14   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Seriously, I have a sense of humor - I watch PaniPoni Dash. I just thought the defense forces were over-used and took screen time away from better character development. Itsuki and Mayumi were a riot and fit into the show, Sensei's treatment of Rin - funny and in context. Nerine's cooking hell - funny and in context, Sia's puppy love and fantasies - funny and in context. Primula - very funny and in context. The two kings -- funny and mostly in context. Hanky and the defense forces were like escapees from Dokura-chan's world: lightly used --- very funny but they were overused.
Old 2006-02-11, 01:17   Link #15
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I always assumed he was a charicature of some staff member. Ususally when extra detail is put into a character that doesn't entirely follow the artistic fling of the rest of the show, that character is a parody of a real-life person.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:42   Link #16
willx
Nyaaan~~

Er, strange..

From my understanding, Hankerchief man was the leader of the KKK defense force, as he introduces himself like in the second episode, but gets interrupted..

And again, when the two new defense forces, SSS and RRR are formed, each of the new leaders introduces themselves, he starts introducing himself and then is cut off by the other people..

So, I always thought:
Hankerchief man = <3 Kaede
Hankerchief man != <3 Rin
Old 2006-02-14, 09:38   Link #17
Wrath88
Kissing...

If you look carefully, the guy who is introducing himself slowly has grey hair (and he did not say that he was the leader of the KKK by the way), while H-man has brown hair.
Old 2006-02-15, 14:53   Link #18
willx
Nyaaan~~

Aah, I see now!

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't notice that
Old 2006-02-15, 16:54   Link #19
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
hmm...but maybe it looked grey and was actually brown...or maybe not...it could be Handkerchief guy's gay twin....
Handkerchief guy served the purpose of making u go "is that a panty or a handkerchief in his hand...hmmm"
Closed Thread