AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 18:20   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes positrons, protons, photon etc are beam weapons. They are particle beams
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 18:39   Link #22
monster

I believe the decrease in number of DRAGOON units is also to help more people be able to use them effectively, in addition to the computer aid system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
It's got Mirror coating, which reflects beams. I haven't heard anything about it being any good against kinetic weapons like railguns.
But it also has that shield system which could protect from missiles. And if it's like the Destroy's shield system, it could also protect from rail guns.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 18:48   Link #23
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
I think it would've been better if Rey had piloted the Providence ZAKU instead of the Legend.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 20:18   Link #24
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I liked how Legend took out those Destroys, though (made it sooo easy).

With the two big dragoons that can easily pass through Destroy's shield.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 21:45   Link #25
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes positrons, protons, photon etc are beam weapons. They are particle beams
Correct me if I am wrong, because I probably am since I have not watched Seed in some time...
Were the members of the TSA not against a bombardment of GENESIS with their ship-based guns because it had multiple layers of PSA? If PSA is useless against beam weapons, then why would beam bombardment with capital ship arsenals be out of the question? I mean, if GENESIS was armoured UC-style with thick amounts of real armour ala The O, I would understand. PSA, on the other hand, does jacksquat against beams and positrons, so why not just shoot at it? I cannot remember the reason, please

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 22:07   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura
Correct me if I am wrong, because I probably am since I have not watched Seed in some time...
Were the members of the TSA not against a bombardment of GENESIS with their ship-based guns because it had multiple layers of PSA? If PSA is useless against beam weapons, then why would beam bombardment with capital ship arsenals be out of the question? I mean, if GENESIS was armoured UC-style with thick amounts of real armour ala The O, I would understand. PSA, on the other hand, does jacksquat against beams and positrons, so why not just shoot at it? I cannot remember the reason, please
There was no reason, it was plot armour lol

I think its been mentioned many times in this forum that Genesis's Phase Shift was so strong or at such large scales, it rendered even beam attacks useless.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 01:46   Link #27
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, like you said, it could've had multiple layers, thus multiplying the resisting strength of the Phase Shift. Or it just had a much larger power source to make it much stronger (which it must have)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 05:56   Link #28
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
If I'm not mistaken, weren't the beams defeated by the giant magnetic field on the GENESIS armor?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 18:52   Link #29
Strike Mk.II

Like some of the tech in CE we dont exactly know how Phase Shift armour works.
All we know is that depending on how much power Phase Shift Armour is given, its strength can vary from providing protection from shell-firing artillery or melee weapons, all the way to also providing protection from beam weapons and positron weapons.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 19:11   Link #30
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
cant underestimate legend though...I mean the idiot just stood there and took fire; before the war of the words SF and Legend was pretty even matched (with SF having the upper hand at times)
Strike Freedom had the upper hand at times...? All I saw the entire fight was:

1. Kira starting to punk out Shinn, Rey breaks off from Athrun and comes up.

2. Beam slashing, Rey reveals he's Rau's clone, SF dodging Legend's beams.

3. Kira picking off DRAGOONS left and right, then some more beam locking.

4. "You are yourself...not Rau."

5. GGPO RAINBOW GUNS V2.

Did they change something in Final Plus? I didn't actually watch that one. But the fight in the original ep. 50 was pretty one-sided...I mean, he didn't even take out any of Kira's DRAGOONS, let alone damage him in any way.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 19:26   Link #31
megakim
For a blue and pure world

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
If I'm not mistaken, weren't the beams defeated by the giant magnetic field on the GENESIS armor?

iirc a technician at Yachin said something about the absorbtion rate when the beams hit so that leads me to believe it hit directly. Speaking of which, just how did regular missiles destroy neo genesis? It didn't come with phase shift?
megakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 19:33   Link #32
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon
Strike Freedom had the upper hand at times...? All I saw the entire fight was:

5. GGPO RAINBOW GUNS V2.

Did they change something in Final Plus? I didn't actually watch that one. But the fight in the original ep. 50 was pretty one-sided...I mean, he didn't even take out any of Kira's DRAGOONS, let alone damage him in any way.
Spoiler:
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 21:10   Link #33
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon

5. GGPO RAINBOW GUNS V2.
first, 3 and 4 happened at the same time, second, that proves my point. until the magic words, SF wasnt really damaging Legend and its remote weapons.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 21:12   Link #34
kct

Not to mention Kira have a 'Raww phobia' happening at the same time.
Old 2006-06-13, 22:48   Link #35
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I don't understand why he couldn't even do this against Providence - why couldn't Kira just to the multiple lock-on on all the Dragoon pods? Were they just too fast?

If Kira was able to take them down with the beam rifle, why couldn't he just use all his guns and take them all down? (SF has at least 13 guns to take down each of Legend's 10 pods)
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 22:57   Link #36
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Both DRAGOONs weren't aiming for the other DRAGOONs; they were aiming at the MS. Kira's DRAGOONs aim at Legend, while Rey's DRAGOONs am at Kira.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:44   Link #37
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

SF>>freedom in terms of space combat. 8 more goons=very yes.

And if Kira took on Rau in SF instead of vanilla Freedom, Rau would have gotten his sorry ass kicked in three minutes tops. Providence was OMG COOL because Kira had one gun and Freedom's beamspammage to fight against dragoons. In SF, Kira had DRAGOONS to fight against dragoons. Instead of dodging and manually destroying every dragoon one by one, why not just whoops, do it right back in SF?

Legend got owned because Rey sucks as a pilot. And because there is absolutely nothing it has on SF. SF>Legend in every single way, except possibly semantics, but as far as we've seen, SF > legend, and that's that. In fact, has any other gundam ever gotten BEAMFRAGGED?
Old 2006-06-13, 23:58   Link #38
kct

It only got beamfragged AFTER Rey went 'ZOMG, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?!' that time, after Kira used the 'magic phrase'.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:48   Link #39
Master_Soldier

Legend, is a better mobile suit than Providence when it comes to maneuverabilty. Of course it loses in fire power but makes up for it in defensive purposes. The flight backpack makes angles for complex dodging manuevers possible instead of latteral movement on the Providence. It just came up against the wrong opponent. Aside from Kira not many pilots have what it takes to overcome the Dragoon System. Its really no mystery on how SF beat Legend flawlessly. How do you think Kira thought Rey was Rau in the first place. Surely, not the newtype flash. Rey use similar tactics with his dragoons that Rau use. Legend was very aggressive in that fight with SF, putting it on the defensive many times. Where Rey's focus is to take down the SF instead of its dragoons, Kira was taken down Legends dragoons while dodging and countering enemy fire. There's no pilot in the C.E. universe better at this than Kira. Taking full advantage of SF superior maneuverability, it would only be a matter of time, before Kira would take down a significant number of Legends Dragoons then look to take down the main unit itself. As, for Kira's magic phrase, let's just say its an eye for an eye, Rey wasn't really quiet during the fight himself. He just lost focus and Kira got the better of him. If you think Freedom and SF rainbow is called beam spammage what in the world do you call what Legend and Providence is doing? Super Spammage?

I believed Legend could have been dominant. But instead it was not a main character Gundam or really a proper boss gundam. Even though Legend is a better suit than its predecessor the competition to be the stongest is really stiff at the top.
Master_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 04:25   Link #40
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Legend is a superior suit compared to Providence, other than that Providence uses Nuclear Jammer Canceller. Legend is the second design after Providence and it makes up for Providence's weakness (which is close combat). First off Legend has dragoons which includes beam javalins, has a beam sword, an has a beam immited shield (Providence doesn't edven have a shield)

Actually i actually the Providence better because it looks better compared the the Legend. so i'm not taking any sides, but stating the fact.... -__________-|||
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote