AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-05, 15:45   Link #21
Shift_

I can't say KimiNozo deserves to be #1...it's certainly great, but I can think of better series than this
Old 2004-01-05, 16:53   Link #22
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
the only reason it is at # one is because people change user names and give other animes bad reviews its like some battle for #1 they shoulkdn't have that because people have different opinions on what is # one.
Old 2004-01-05, 17:14   Link #23
I-Am-The-Ghost

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien being #1 on AnimeNfo pretty much means nothing since the majority of members don't know how to review properly.

And just so you know giving all 10's is just as bad as giving all 1's. No anime is perfect.
Old 2004-01-05, 17:15   Link #24
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Unless I really love an anime I put 10's. But again it is perfect in my eyes but since its a review not everyone agrees. The top 100 is just a bunch of crap, That is so true that ppl don't know how to review people give 1's when they saw like 2 episodes of somthing. The only reviews worth redaing r the ones that make sense on what they wrote.
Old 2004-01-08, 04:59   Link #25
warmpi
Inactive Member

sorry but Kenshin Reminisce (first oav) deserves the top spot WAY more

kgne was def good, but it didnt have enough unique qualities to make it a real standout series
Old 2004-01-08, 11:34   Link #26
Dio-sama
Inactive Member

Kimi Nozo doesn't deserve #1 because of the screwed up ending.I wanted to see the Haruka ending damnit >.<
Old 2004-01-08, 15:00   Link #27
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Animenfo voting is too suspicious and did not really reflect the strength of the anime.
Old 2004-01-08, 15:11   Link #28
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

fanboys rule the day, whether it is naruto or last exile or kgne. anything that rises that fast to #1 is obviously a flavor of the month type show
Old 2004-01-08, 15:12   Link #29
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
fanboys rule the day, whether it is naruto or last exile or kgne. anything that rises that fast to #1 is obviously a flavor of the month type show
So true it hurts

edit: thats no slurr on KgNE's quality though - damned good show
Old 2004-01-12, 14:33   Link #30
Tboz

Hmm... I am not saying that the series are bad, but I think fanboism might have gotten too strong at Animenfo lately. The top three series are all aired in 2003.
Old 2004-01-12, 18:44   Link #31
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
God dammit, Doraemon should be on the first spot. Best anime ever made, with a multi-million fund for charity to boot.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:01   Link #32
tmm`
Soon To Be A Taka Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

KGNE and Naruto shouldn't even be mentioned in the same line. KGNE = pure quality, while Naruto = pure crap.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:29   Link #33
Shift_

KimiNozo is only the flava of the month, like most anime's that appear in the top 5 in animenfo.

Usually people on animenfo vote all straight 10s or all straight 1s.

But majority of the people will only vote for the series they acctually like and nothing else.
Old 2004-01-12, 22:55   Link #34
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

#1? That doesn't mean anything. Some people already said it why so I don't need to explain myself. Time to express my opinion on this one.

I watched this anime from first when it was released, to it's finish, an episode at a time. Frankly, I didn't like this anime all that much. I can't believe there's so many people who likes/loves this anime. It's hard to describe why I don't like it...I guess the best way to explain is maybe I didn't feel much emotional impact from this series. Why? I was apathetic to the characters. The characters were all so pathetic that I didn't care anymore. I found myself uttering "Please.../give me a break.../etc...". I found Ayu Daikuuji (not sure if that's her name, it's the blonde waitress) more interesting than the other characters. Another example: The end of episode 2. While everyone was saying "It was a shocker!/What a twist!". I was like "So?". Or maybe it's because I'm slightly schizophrenic...well, all in all, I felt I wasted my time on this one. May sound harsh, but that's how I feel.

Definitely not #1. Hell, I don't think this should be appearing in the top 100.
Old 2004-01-12, 23:10   Link #35
Nemrac

Send a message via ICQ to Nemrac Send a message via MSN to Nemrac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
the only reason it is at # one is because people change user names and give other animes bad reviews its like some battle for #1 they shoulkdn't have that because people have different opinions on what is # one.

Agree!!!
It's so cheap to rate something all 10s with multiple accounts. You could tell my the one word responses. like giving it all 10's and saying, very good. If it is a true all 10 anime, you could atleast describe why you like it so much!

I was 100% disapointed. I saw that it has such a high rating so I watched it. It didn't really have a romance theme in it like other shoujo has. From begining to end, there is no comedy.

It is nice to watch something depressing from time to time, but It certainly is not #1

I really hated the ending too. Hayase, the selfish slut got her way.
How could she betray her best friend like that?

I feel so sad for Haruka. If I put myself in her shoes, loving this guy so much and after one accident, the guys dumps her. Ouch.

But I'm glad that happened too. Cuz Narumi did not deserve Haruka. Who wants his pity?
Old 2004-01-12, 23:16   Link #36
Shift_

The ending was really really rushed, that's how I felt.

However, it's certainly not number one.

I believe the honors still go to Nadesico which was voted #1 anime of all time by the anime fans of japan. I COULD really see Nadesico being #1 (if you PLAY the games, and watch the movie as an option, but if you watch the movie you HAVE to play the games)

Nadesico is on my top 10 list easliy, but I don't think it is my personal #1, it's close...though
Old 2004-01-13, 01:08   Link #37
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemrac
Agree!!!
It's so cheap to rate something all 10s with multiple accounts. You could tell my the one word responses. like giving it all 10's and saying, very good. If it is a true all 10 anime, you could atleast describe why you like it so much!

I was 100% disapointed. I saw that it has such a high rating so I watched it. It didn't really have a romance theme in it like other shoujo has. From begining to end, there is no comedy.

It is nice to watch something depressing from time to time, but It certainly is not #1

I really hated the ending too. Hayase, the selfish slut got her way.
How could she betray her best friend like that?

I feel so sad for Haruka. If I put myself in her shoes, loving this guy so much and after one accident, the guys dumps her. Ouch.

But I'm glad that happened too. Cuz Narumi did not deserve Haruka. Who wants his pity?

um ah maybe because its a LOVE/DRAMA and not LOVE/COMEDY?
Old 2004-01-13, 01:25   Link #38
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
I thought Doraemon was proclaimed as the best anime ever made? =P
Old 2004-01-13, 01:38   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
I thought Doraemon was proclaimed as the best anime ever made? =P
Depends on sample size.

If you are talking about the Japanese populace as a whole, we would say "Doraemon." Hands down.

If you limit to the Japanese general otaku populace, it is more likely to be the original first "Gundam."

If you limit to the Japanese ero-game otaku community, it is likely to be "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" or "Kanon."

...but from a Japanese person's POV, "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" doesn't nearly deserve to be the best. I still say with utmost confidence that the World Masterpiece Theater animes made in the mid 1970s ("Dog of Flanders," "Alps no Shoujo Heidi," etc.) has a far better tear jerking storyline. Not that I am saying "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" was bad, KGNE had a really good storyline. It's just the fact that watching World Masterpiece Theater animes as a child had made a strong impact in me that they are memorialized within me to be one of the greatest animes ever made.

But if I were to be one of the Japanese populace to choose the greatest anime, I have no argument that Doraemon is number one...may the late Fujiko F. Fujio have my sincerest gratitude and honor for 25+ years of wonder and excitement.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:13   Link #40
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Doraemon? omg please dont tell me its the blue fat stupid cat, please
Closed Thread