AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 21:59   Link #601
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Eco's name is...
Long name is long. As expected of a royalty.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:52   Link #602
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
This series also have some tsundere (e.g. Eco and that arrogant princess). Now i wonder how Kleyook capable of maintaining his sanity while summarizing this series. BTW, Thanks a lot for your summary!
Well, Eiko is really possessive on the same level as Louise...

Fuck! She reminds me of Louise the more I look into her (except Louise's inferiority complex which lead to always doing stupid things, treating others like trash attitude which are 10x worse). Her arrogant and jealousy yet dishonest about her feeling (required Ash to tell her he loves her almost every volume) attitude really annoys me. She's a mild version of Louise.

BTW, considering that Eiko hasn't been born for a year yet since the story begins. Think of Luke from Tales of the Abyss...

But Silvia is different. Silvia is actually a true tsundere imo.

Spoiler for Silvia:

BTW, I forgot about Rakuel and Penelope from Espada Church in vol. 9. It seems like Japanese wiki doesn't have them on their page yet.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 01:59   Link #603
n0m@n
C-Z

Volume 10 is coming out next month. Looks like we can finally see how the story arc will end.

Also for those who thinks this became a Harem LN..........I will be honest. Basically all the LN(not all but many of them) in MF Bunko turns like that. Its like their trademark, just like how most manga in weekly Jump turns into a battle manga.
Old 2012-09-28, 08:47   Link #604
XFire
150% done

I find it harder to blame Eiko for her tsundereness, because Ash is literally all she has. Call her a queen if you want, but Ash is her protector, knight, friend and companion. It isn't suprising she'd panic if he was taken from her.

Spoiler for questions:
Old 2012-09-28, 09:47   Link #605
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
I find it harder to blame Eiko for her tsundereness, because Ash is literally all she has. Call her a queen if you want, but Ash is her protector, knight, friend and companion. It isn't suprising she'd panic if he was taken from her.

Spoiler for questions:
Well, she was just born. I seriously can't think of her as a teenage girl. Man, she's more loli than Rakuel imo. And Ash is supposed to be her protecter. Of course it's gonna be a problem to her if some indecent girls try to get into Ash's pant.

And to add more insult to the injury is the fact that in the beginning, she's a dragon and Ash's a human. It had never happened before that human can mate with dragon. That's why the romance between Ash and Eiko is not supposed to develop.

And at the end of vol. 5, right when Ash told her that she has everything a human girl has and can bear children with human. Silvia did something that really pissed her off.

Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2012-09-28, 10:02   Link #606
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, she was just born. I seriously can't think of her as a teenage girl. Man, she's more loli than Rakuel imo. And Ash is supposed to be her protecter. Of course it's gonna be a problem to her if some indecent girls try to get into Ash's pant.

And to add more insult to the injury is the fact that in the beginning, she's a dragon and Ash's a human. It had never happened before that human can mate with dragon. That's why the romance between Ash and Eiko is not supposed to develop.

And at the end of vol. 5, right when Ash told her that she has everything a human girl has and can bear children with human. Silvia did something that really pissed her off.

Spoiler for Answers:
So Silvia isn't going to give up so easily, huh.
Old 2012-09-28, 13:21   Link #607
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
So Silvia isn't going to give up so easily, huh.
... I wonder what WOULD happen should the girls see Narvi in the reality plane...

if it happens, the thing I'd like to see is the battle of sexiness between Rebecca and her.
Old 2012-09-28, 13:33   Link #608
aswad

is there any summaries on any of the volumes from 3 onwards
aswad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:29   Link #609
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Navi can appear in real world though. I have no idea how.

I wish someone will provide summary for vol. 3 too. It seems like the translator will start translating LN from vol. 3 onwards since vol. 1-2 can be found in manga version, which follows LN faithfully.

Umm. I realized that Rebecca's dragon is named "Cúchulainn", not "Kuhurin" that the manga scanlators use, the same name as the Lancer from FSN since Rebecca's noble phantasm (arc weapon) is also named "Gáe Bolg".

It makes sense since Silvia's dragon is "Lancelot", her arc weapon is "Arondite", the very weapon Lancelot uses.

Glenn's dragon is "Fergus" and his arc weapon is "Caladbolg", the great sword Fergus uses.

It's a shame though. Oscar's maestro is "Tristan". In the film "King Arthur" we see Tristan as a cavalry archer using mongol-style composite bow, but the bow doesn't have name. So the author probably named it "Failnaught" which is the best translated name from its katakana version.

Now can you see my pain trying to translate things that make sense!?
Old 2012-09-28, 14:31   Link #610
whsie

Quote:
I just feel bad, honestly. This series started out very interesting with a bunch of premise. But.....if only the author were more "consistent" and not keep adding girls into Ash's sleeve, probably SnD would be a masterpiece. Well, you're right. It's not very bad, especially the politic parts that, in my opinion, even surpasses Madan no Ou.
I'm telling you, this is just average. It's ok for a light read, but that's it.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:49   Link #611
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I'm telling you, this is just average. It's ok for a light read, but that's it.
I want to tell everyone here that if they think something is bad, there's always worse.

This series is OK imo.

BTW, whsie, I want to ask you how you would name terms like

固有魔装(こゆうまそう) - I simply go with "Arc Weapon".

竜輝華晶(りゅうきかしょう)- I go with "Shining Draconic Crystalized Flower".

アンサリヴァン騎竜学院 - I go with "Ansarivan Dragonic Knight Academy".

フォーティーン - It's torturing me so hard. I think I should go with "Fourteen". But it's damn too weird for the name of a palace!

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-09-28 at 15:28.
Old 2012-09-28, 15:13   Link #612
whsie

Those translations pass the eye ball test. Personally, I don't think I can do much better. And, yeah, that's what I meant. It's ok. Do I cringe and beg for the next volume? No. But if it's out, I take a look.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 19:28   Link #613
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Finally, I think it should be enough for now. All the names and terminology I could list is done...

I'll fix this post to make it more reader friendly later. I think I'll also add Japanese original words from Japanese wiki later. Now I'll go to bed. That was a tiring job!

Spoiler for SnRK Names & Terminology:
Old 2012-09-28, 19:35   Link #614
XFire
150% done

Dang, Kleeyok. That thing is longer than a summary. Thanks for the hard work.

p.s. - You're a fan of Cosette, I see.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:27   Link #615
ZeKeR
Superbad

so... any chance Cosette is secretly liking Ash?
Old 2012-09-29, 02:43   Link #616
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Dang, Kleeyok. That thing is longer than a summary. Thanks for the hard work.

p.s. - You're a fan of Cosette, I see.
Each of my summary is actually longer than this. But the difficulty with this list is how to make especially how to choose the correct or most accurate names.

And of course, I'd love to have a ninja maid serving me!

Quote:
so... any chance Cosette is secretly liking Ash?
Sadly, none... She only loves teasing Ash and Silvia and basically any character in the series. She even pretends to be Ash and doing ecchi things to Rebecca in vol. 9 to measure Rebecca's proportion.

Quote:
Just wondering. Is there any "MC gains sudden power up out of nowhere just because there's someone he have to protect" kind of developments in this series?
I don't think there is something boring like that since Ash and Eiko already have the power all along. Or if it has, it's not that cliché like High School DxD.

BTW, I find using their own power to defeat enemy to be too much. There are things people can never accomplish by themselves no matter how, but they can just ask someone who can do it to finish the job.
Old 2012-09-29, 07:11   Link #617
Insane
Banned

Any chance a dragon get berserk and attack its own breeder? If any, can someone tell me who and when?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:37   Link #618
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Any chance a dragon get berserk and attack its own breeder? If any, can someone tell me who and when?
Well, it happened in the first volume with the young strider. Silvia tried to suppress it but she couldn't. Rebecca beat the dragon within one hit though.

Later, when Mordred took control of Eiko in vol. 4, vol. 7 when Tristan and Oscar were controlled by Pluto and vol. 8 when thousands of dragons were controlled by Kriemhild to attack Fourteen Palace.

^^ I won't really say that they go berserk for dragons being mind controlled though, but the dragons would beat their own dragonar if that happened.
Old 2012-09-29, 16:41   Link #619
XFire
150% done

How powerful is Ash, by himself? As in, wearing the arc and using Excalibur, but not using Eiko's giant true form.
Old 2012-09-29, 16:52   Link #620
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
How powerful is Ash, by himself? As in, wearing the arc and using Excalibur, but not using Eiko's giant true form.

Well, he at least need a dragon to ride since the advantage of riding a dragon will overwhelm anything. Dragonars are cheater.

Think of you having a cool sword standing on the ground trying to fight against someone on horseback who wields long lance or bow...

If anyone stupid enough to challenge Ash in close range, they'll lose. Rebecca had a huge advantage over Ash in the beginning of the match when she rode Cúchulainn flying in the sky throwing lance towards him (the arc weapon can be summon whenever the owner want as long as the dragon is nearby) while Ash was riding of Brigit who couldn't fly and could only fended off (the spear when thrown would never miss its target too, couldn't even dodge)...

Once he could fly though, Rebecca lost...

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy, harem, illustrator is a lolicon, romance, shounen, tentacles