AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-09, 18:48   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach 187 Episode Discussion Thread

Como esta usted, Bleach-fans? Yo vengo en paz. nadie comió todo el queso podrido? Yo lo hice. Yes, enough about me. Let's talk about the episode. This week's episode title has impressed on me since the last week. Hmph... So can Ichigo deliver? Critiques are ready I'm sure.

Enjoy the discussion. Ta!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-09-09, 20:22   Link #2
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

ICHIBAN!!!! haha!! first one but a little too early I guess.
Old 2008-09-09, 20:36   Link #3
Irkalla
I asked for this

niban XD
But yeah, I got back to Bleach fillers with the last epy. It finally looks something like bleach so I hope this ep won't be too much of a letdown
Fresh cheese plz.
Old 2008-09-09, 20:39   Link #4
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

sanban and yeah hopefully my trust in Amagai will be rewarded
Old 2008-09-09, 20:48   Link #5
Kankel

Why do I get the feeling that Amagai is Lurychiyo's father or maybe her long lost brother that has return.Hmm!! could be true
Old 2008-09-09, 21:35   Link #6
Ragingcroc

Ichigo rages, looks like bankai and hollow mask time.
Old 2008-09-09, 21:44   Link #7
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Ok, looks like we'll finally see the soap opera twist of the Bleach season once we see what the meeting between Amagai and Yamamoto is all about, Ichigo will be blasting "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)" before a battle with someone, and we'll be one step closer towards making a return to Hueco Mundo in this messed-up time-space convulsion...

Uhh...Oh, and uhh, anyone remember Enryuu and Kenryuu? Yeah, them...What's up with them? Will we finish this arc soon without even saying goodbye to them?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-09-10, 00:45   Link #8
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I pray the next episode preview has an espada in it...Til then lets atleast see a big-budget throwdown...Although I'm not entirely sure who fights...Kira saving the day in the end would seem to tie a perfect bow around this whateverish arc...
Old 2008-09-10, 02:20   Link #9
Casshern

So, is this like a wrap-up episode? Is it back to the original story next week?
Old 2008-09-10, 02:21   Link #10
Wych

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
So, is this like a wrap-up episode? Is it back to the original story next week?
Judging by episode titles it seems not.

188 looks to be in this arc, then we have a 2 week break and 189 seems to still be in this arc, I guess mid/late october it will start back on canon.
Old 2008-09-10, 08:42   Link #11
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Uhh...Oh, and uhh, anyone remember Enryuu and Kenryuu? Yeah, them...What's up with them? Will we finish this arc soon without even saying goodbye to them?
Uhh they were in ep 186...they were in a cell together talking
Old 2008-09-10, 10:06   Link #12
Kankel

OMG!!!! It's Yamamoto vs. Amagai (with super bakkutou and bankai)it's the battle of the fire zanpaktous, and it seems they do have a history behind them.Seems that Yamamoto had a duel with Amagai's father and killed him and Amagai swore to one day take revenge on Yamamoto.

Now Ichigo will fight Amagai fo involving Lurychiyo in all of this. Damn!! now I can't wait for next week.
Old 2008-09-10, 10:34   Link #13
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Just watched the raw,my hats off to Amagai...nothing wrong with avenging your Father...but we all know he can't win...so goodbye Amagai Shuusuke(next ep not this one yet lol), imho the best character Bleach ever created.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:32   Link #14
Kankel

There was nothing wrong to take revenge for his father, it was just the means he chose to try to achieve it that made him a villain.And that is why he can't win.

He was a good character, he looks cool with the super bakkutou on his right arm and his bankai on the left, definately a final boss for the closure of this arc.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:45   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Fresh cheese plz.
lol... No such thing.

One needs an effort, a true effort, to gain sympathy for a typical Shounen lead. Dude, why are you sticking your nose in a fight that doesn't concern you? Do you know how long we have yearned to see Yamaji to do something more other than igniting himself in flames with his portable gasoline can and the mysterious match? Yama-ji is stading there, listening to the exchange with Amagai (more like whining... wah wah wah... baby cry) about how he killed Amagai's father. Yama-ji acknowledges that he killed Amagi's father. He then looks at him, but falls short of saying, "yeah, what about it." That seems to irk Amagai a lot. Amagai launches a fire attack at Yama-ji. Yamaji is still standing nonchalantly.

And that's where I look at my screen dumbstruck.

This punk Ichigo gets right in the middle of the incoming attack toward Yama-ji, and nullifies the attack. What's worse, he gets into an argument with Amagi. This exchange of dialogue reads something like this:
Amagi: Looks like you don't understand. Get the f*** out.
Ichigo: No, YOU don't understand.
Then Ichigo powers up. Only if this twerp knew that Amagi can absorb the Shinigmai power, and has done the same thing just moments earlier to Yamaji. Amagai actually bragged about it earlier in Ichigo's presence on how Yama-ji can't use his power.

I don't think I need to elaborate further how agitated I was feeling toward this noble Shounen hero who typically is very clueless. Why, oh why, are you defending Yama-ji? Surely he isn't the ruling Captain class just because this old man looks ripped without his shirt? And then the worst happen: we ran out of time. Further development have to wait till the next episode.

I never cried watching an anime of any sort, but I tell you this.... I was very close in this occasion.

I think I need lunch, and then I'll hit the gym to do some punching. I'm also considering to stick Ichigo's face on the bag so I can go to work with extra motivation.

Just kidding. I'm not a dork.

Seriously, Ichigo ruined the episode for me. I don't think we will have another chance to see Yama-ji fight in a manga-adapted episode, so this anime-originial/filler episodes are the only chance we got. And this dum-dum shounen hero is being a poor sport and trying to steal the spotlight.

P.S. Some screens:
Old 2008-09-10, 12:10   Link #16
Kankel

I gotta say it but your right Monir.This is one fight Ichigo is out place and is certainly NOT NEEDED so go away Ichigo you are a nuisance

Still I can't wait for next week
Old 2008-09-10, 12:12   Link #17
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Meh, just watched the raw cause i thought it'd be a awesome ep. Can't say it totally isn't, but it was pretty lame. Amagai has a asthetically appealing release, but heck, its hax. And i'm betting 2 bucks that next episode ichigo overcomes it either by raw power, by using hollow or goes visit zangetsu ojii san.

As for raison d'etres, Bleach never had any convincing ones, tbh. Renji? "You made rukia get a death sentence, so i'm going to kill you! I know you're coming here to save her, but i'm still going to kill you anyway!" Byakuya? "cause central 46 said so" Tousen? "Because murder is righteous" Kenpachi? CAUSE I LIKE FIGHTING AND FIGHTING AND FIGHTING AND FIGH- Ichigo? "FRIENDS! PROTECT! RAWWRR BANKAI!!!" Who else did i miss out?

I get a feeling animes like bleach try to add a level of maturity by mixing in a grey area of good/bad by showing that the bad guys still have a screwed righteous reason for doing so, but the show itself has such a clear delineation between good and bad that you end up with this kind of stuff, 'hey, i think you sound kinda right. But the character profile says you're evil. So i'm gonna kill you ^_^' Bleh.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:22   Link #18
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Did anyone lol when Enryuu showed up?

Funniest shiz on Bleach right there.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:28   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
Kenpachi? CAUSE I LIKE FIGHTING AND FIGHTING AND FIGHTING AND FIGH- Ichigo?
lol... At least, the man is honest. I love him.

Quote:
"FRIENDS! PROTECT! RAWWRR BANKAI!!!"
He doesn't need any more friends. He needs to get laid. Rukia is in his closet dropping hints and looks. Orihime is all willing. Dude!!!

Quote:
I get a feeling animes like bleach try to add a level of maturity by mixing in a grey area of good/bad by showing that the bad guys still have a screwed righteous reason for doing so, but the show itself has such a clear delineation between good and bad that you end up with this kind of stuff, 'hey, i think you sound kinda right. But the character profile says you're evil. So i'm gonna kill you ^_^' Bleh.
Bleh, indeed. Welcome to pure Shounen genre.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:00   Link #20
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
He doesn't need any more friends. He needs to get laid. Rukia is in his closet dropping hints and looks. Orihime is all willing. Dude!!!
Even Rangiku was offering herself to him so she could sleep over at his place! How is any male anime watcher supposed to relate to this shonen hero when he turns down Rangiku?

Rukia sleeps in his closet... nothing happens.
Orihime worships the ground he walks on... nothing happens.
Rangiku tries to strip in front of him... nothing happens.

It's time we forget about this IchiHime/Ichiruki nonsense and put 2 & 2 together
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion