Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-13, 11:14   Link #121
Zenex
Banned

Ok so check this out and this is just me speculating

in these two pages sabo says

Quote:
either way ace's mera mera no mi will be mine, We will be the ones to inherit his will.
<snip>

Am I the only one ( and if i missed someone saying this i am sorry) who thinks this is a reference to the will of d. and not only that but am I the only one thinking that this makes the will of d sound like a collection of special devil fruit. Like the will of d. i smore of an abject that can be collected then a will power deal.

obviously this is far fetched and only a thought not some thing I feel strongly about but just wanted to bring this statement up to be discussed because it caught my attention.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-12-13 at 11:45. Reason: please don't hotlink to scan sites, use an image hosting site instead.
Old 2013-12-13, 11:29   Link #122
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
His intentions, his goal, his ambition...we'll be the ones to inherit it.
Old 2013-12-13, 13:22   Link #123
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I think you missed what I was trying to say, which was that Luffy was fairly close by when it all went down, Sabo could have been on the other side of the planet.
He may have tried, but could not have been physically able to get there on time. I don't think the One Piece world has international jet travel.
sabo was thought to be dead when they were kids and at that time he was like 8 or 9 since luffy was 7. Now after the time skip luffy is 19 meaning over 10 years have passed and you defending that in 10 years sabo could not have sent a letter or a carrier pigion or travelled or something to let them know he was alive. even knowing they were out there since ace was a well known new world pirate under the most famous yonkou in the time period and that luffy was out there causing massive rucus with a bounty of 300 000 thousand.

I do not doubt oda will explain as oda does not disappoint buuuuuut until I hear the explination I will continue to think of sabo as a punk.

Annnnnd now that he is back he seems to almost be against luffy by saying he will not get the mera mera no mi and he will have aces will.

My guess is he knows a fair bit since he is under dragon tho still not contacting them in 12 years of time needs an explination. It's much more then just not showing at the war
Old 2013-12-13, 13:34   Link #124
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

OH shit finally read this week's chapter!

Amazing!!!!
Old 2013-12-13, 15:00   Link #125
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
I do not doubt oda will explain as oda does not disappoint buuuuuut until I hear the explination I will continue to think of sabo as a punk.
Are you like 14?

Please understand that there are more important objectives out there then relief. Personal feelings are of no consequence in the grand scheme of things for some people. Have you ever heard of the greater good?

Besides, there may be other reasons why it was impossible for him to communicate. As a rebel, he is more wanted by the marines and the government than even pirates and the Yonkou. As such he may have been unable to communicate, for fear of endangering Luffy's life or revealing his own position.

And who uses words like punk to describe other people? Is this real life?
Old 2013-12-13, 17:11   Link #126
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
^ I think you're overestimating the importance of the tournament there. Sure there's a powerful logia fruit at stake, but that's nothing compared to the fate of Dressrosa and Doflamingo's seat of power being threatened.
Daflamingo’s point of view of the battle field

What he knows
-Daflamingo doesn’t know Sabo is Lucy he thinks Luffy is still at the tournament.
-He knows the Straw Hats have Ceaser
-There will be an attack on soon on the factory
-Zoro and Kiamon are trying to rescue Law (But he does not know Luffy is with them)
-Dillinger and Lao G were sent to reinforce the Factory
-Violet and Law are traitors
-Monet and Vergo are deceased
-Machvise, Diamante, and Senor Pink are representing Donquixote pirates at the tournament
-Sugar is the source of the factory and Trebol is protecting her.
-Admiral Fujitori is on his side for now
-That leaves Pica, Gladius, Baby 5, and Buffalo available.

I Agree and thats why I said he needs to keep more troops on standby for more pressing matters. I am merely pointing at the fact that the Donquixote pirates will be outnumbered at the tournament. It is out of character for Daflamingo. When he plans for things he always has the advantage. The tournament used to have five Donquixote Pirates, now it has only three. Looking at this, Daflamingo thinks Luffy is at the tournament and then you have Jesus Burgess. There are people in the forum that says Jesus Burgess is powerful. Why would you have 4 finalist (Luffy, Jesus Burgess, Rebecca, and Bartolomeo) compete against 3 of your own guys knowing two of the four finalist are very strong players? Now I believe his priorities is the factory itself, Daflamingo knows that because he pulled to of his guys (Dillinger and Lao G) from tournament to reinforce the factory. Does he intend to leave the tournament match that way? In my opinion I doubt it. He has other pressing matters but at the same time that tournament is keeping Luffy(What he thinks is Luffy) occupied. Second if he can't or does not want to commit to much resource to the tournament to destroy Luffy then making a deal with Black Beard to help take down Luffy an alternative.

Quote:
I think you missed what I was trying to say, which was that Luffy was fairly close by when it all went down, Sabo could have been on the other side of the planet.
He may have tried, but could not have been physically able to get there on time. I don't think the One Piece world has international jet travel.
Closure and Understanding (Update)
You are just defending Sabo’s action. With all that has happened don’t you think Luffy deserves some answers? When he was talking to Koala why do you think Sabo said “I thought he was going to punch me or something”?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-12-13 at 17:21. Reason: Update
Old 2013-12-13, 17:19   Link #127
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I don't think Sabo's grand entrance will be met with failure, he'll get the fruit and perhaps stomp on Burgess in the process to show where he stands on the power scale.
I don't think Burgess will get stomped, but he will lose to Sabo. And if Doflamingo by some chance actually gives the devil fruit to the winner, other members of the Blackbeard crew may be waiting in the shadows to steal it as a backup plan. I think it makes perfect sense for the devil fruit hoarding crew of Blackbeard to get their hands on the mera mera fruit and give readers a little extra incentive to be pissed off at them.
Old 2013-12-13, 20:58   Link #128
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Are you like 14?

Please understand that there are more important objectives out there then relief. Personal feelings are of no consequence in the grand scheme of things for some people. Have you ever heard of the greater good?

Besides, there may be other reasons why it was impossible for him to communicate. As a rebel, he is more wanted by the marines and the government than even pirates and the Yonkou. As such he may have been unable to communicate, for fear of endangering Luffy's life or revealing his own position.

And who uses words like punk to describe other people? Is this real life?
are you like 13 you cannot handle another persons opinon on an anime forum?

punk is a word that can be used in different context but for sabo it applies as of now until and proper explanation is given.

what would you call a man who lets his sworn brothers believe he is dead without so much as a letter in 12 years to inform them of his being alive when they clearly are not hard to find being some of the most notable names of the era.

I said this is my feeling until oda gives an explanation which if I find it acceptable then I may change my opinion. Until then punk fully fits a man who left his brothers to cry and mourn for 12 years and even die at the hand of the gov. Could he have reasons, he may but again until I hear them I will continue to assume he chose not to get in contact or help. Luffy went through hell to save ace and almost died on so many occasions.

- he broke into impel down
- went to the bottom and back to the top
- risked inprisionment and his own execution because they know who he is
- fought megallan and almost died from the poision and then did it again knowing the risks
- went to the war and fought everyone not knowing there was help
- took a direct hit from sengoku without hesitation

we all know but luffy did all that and in 12 years sabo cant send a letter,

If you cannot handle opinions without getting your panties in a bunch I suggest you leave the internet now.

All that being said sabo may have been under cover or he may know something we do not an be working towards it and many other coulda woulda shoulda but me personally I would let the world burn to save someone I love. I would never let them die if I could stop it. Could sabo have had faith in whitebeard maybe or could dragon have subdued him and locked him up maybe.

Which is why I said a proper explanation could change my feelings but it will take a good one to explain why in 12 years he did not send one piece of contact info to his family.
Old 2013-12-13, 21:39   Link #129
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Sabo will have amnesia.
Old 2013-12-13, 21:39   Link #130
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Daflamingo’s point of view of the battle field

What he knows
-Daflamingo doesn’t know Sabo is Lucy he thinks Luffy is still at the tournament.
-He knows the Straw Hats have Ceaser
-There will be an attack on soon on the factory
-Zoro and Kiamon are trying to rescue Law (But he does not know Luffy is with them)
-Dillinger and Lao G were sent to reinforce the Factory
-Violet and Law are traitors
-Monet and Vergo are deceased
-Machvise, Diamante, and Senor Pink are representing Donquixote pirates at the tournament
-Sugar is the source of the factory and Trebol is protecting her.
-Admiral Fujitori is on his side for now
-That leaves Pica, Gladius, Baby 5, and Buffalo available.
That's not right.. Machivise, Señor pink, Dellinger and Lao G was ordered to go protect the factory so Diamanté is the only guy representing Donquixote pirates in the tournament.
Old 2013-12-13, 22:11   Link #131
marvelB

On another note.... I wonder if we'll see ALL of the Straw-Hats make the Eneru "shock" face eventually? I mean, this chapter we saw it from Luffy, a few chapters back we got one from Robin (though hers wasn't as extreme since her eyes didn't pop out)..... Personally, I'd love to see one from Zoro next. I wonder if his left eye will still be closed when that moment comes?!
Old 2013-12-13, 22:47   Link #132
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
That's not right.. Machivise, Señor pink, Dellinger and Lao G was ordered to go protect the factory so Diamanté is the only guy representing Donquixote pirates in the tournament.
Nice Catch
I looked back and ya your right it is just Diamante doing the tournament. What is Daflamingo thinking this is even worse? It is now 4 vs. 1. Maybe Diamante is more then meets the eye. I am really now curious to see how Diamante will handle this. Is he really going to do this by himself or put one of the final contestants on his side? I can only see Jesus Burgess going on his side if he does. The Marines are right now on Daflamingo's side, but I doubt Admiral Fujitori would join or send a vice admiral in but who knows. This really makes the tournament interesting. If Diamante has a devil fruit will get to see him put it to use to.

Odd Teamup?
That would be a weird match up if Defending team is Vice Admiral Bastille, Jesus Burgess, and Diamante Vs. the finalist Luffy(who is really Sabo), Rebecca, and Bartolomeo at the tournament. It would be a sweet deal and win/win for everyone. Marines get Luffy and the other Straw Hats on silver platter like Daflamingo said, Jesus Burgess gets the Mera Mera No Mi, and Daflamingo gets rid of the Straw Hats. That would be a huge twist for the tournament. It would also be a smart move and Daflamingo would have a huge advantage at the tournament without having to commit anymore of his own resource. I could see that happening. I wonder if Admiral Fujitori would give his consent to Vice Admiral Bastille in joining the tournament?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-12-13 at 23:48.
Old 2013-12-14, 06:04   Link #133
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
On another note.... I wonder if we'll see ALL of the Straw-Hats make the Eneru "shock" face eventually? I mean, this chapter we saw it from Luffy, a few chapters back we got one from Robin (though hers wasn't as extreme since her eyes didn't pop out)..... Personally, I'd love to see one from Zoro next. I wonder if his left eye will still be closed when that moment comes?!

It's Showtime

Last edited by sasuke2007; 2013-12-14 at 06:09. Reason: added the quote that inspired this image
Old 2013-12-14, 07:44   Link #134
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
Going by this, the next one to make that face is Sabo.

Enel shocked about Luffy
Luffy shocked about Sabo
Sabo shocked about AAA
AAA shocked about BBB
etc.
Old 2013-12-14, 09:49   Link #135
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't think there are enough samples yet, to be able to speak of a pattern.^^
Old 2013-12-14, 09:56   Link #136
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Absolutely Sabo owes an explanation for disappearing from their lives like that.
But the criticism I was referring to was in regards to Sabo not making it to Marineford; which is stupid and premature because for all we know right now he may have tried as hard as he could.
Yea i though so, Sabo might have tried as hard as he could, but being one of the revolutionary army officer, things will get hard for personal issue, the organization purposes/goal comes first. Even Dragon couldn't give a chance for him selves to see or greet his child's when he has chances to do so in louge town.
Old 2013-12-14, 10:19   Link #137
Slayerx

Quote:
Absolutely Sabo owes an explanation for disappearing from their lives like that.
But the criticism I was referring to was in regards to Sabo not making it to Marineford; which is stupid and premature because for all we know right now he may have tried as hard as he could.
Eh, i'd be willing to accept the simple excuse that he was too far away to get to the execution in time. I mean even with Luffy he was on amazon lily and needed to use the government's private channel's just to get the execution on time. Easy to believe that Sabo could have heard the news of Ace's execution in a part of the world where it would have taken him weeks to get their.

As for not reentering their lives sooner? Ya he needs to explain for that... Though i do think its possible that he might not have been permitted to reveal himself; like being part of the revolutionary army means remaining in the shadows... atleast until they were ready to start moving as they have been more recently. or something along those lines
Old 2013-12-14, 10:24   Link #138
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Anyhow, I was reading a thread elsewhere and there was speculation that Doflamingo wants Momosuke because he's in line for the Shogunate.

I thought Momosuke was just trying to top Luffy's boast here, but maybe he's stating his claim.

Now I'm actually still somewhat skeptical on this theory, but Oda does have Luffy interact with royalty almost everywhere.
could be but I doubt dof. cares about wano country. I think he wants momo because the fruit he ate was the one vega punk created and was what ceaser used to make his art. DF. I also think ceaser DF is flawed and everyone knows it but kaido does not care because he does not care about his people. I think ceaser was usuing it to try and perfect his df and dof wants it back so ceaser can make a better art. DF and he can market it to more people.

The way it was in his special lab and in a special case when momo foud it seems odd when ceaser mass produces them. SO why keep just on so protected when there a dime a dozen. plus it was said vega punk did the df thing before.

Or

It could just be a special art. DF meaning most are generic but this one was special because it looks like a mythical zoan ( dragon ) obviously. and maybe it was made special for one of kaido top guyz and dof needs it back. Kaido seems unforgiving to mistakes and may wreck dof and dressrosa if told it was ready then its not. A man like kaido may take that as a lie and therefor disrepect.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:13   Link #139
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
could be but I doubt dof. cares about wano country. I think he wants momo because the fruit he ate was the one vega punk created and was what ceaser used to make his art. DF. I also think ceaser DF is flawed and everyone knows it but kaido does not care because he does not care about his people. I think ceaser was usuing it to try and perfect his df and dof wants it back so ceaser can make a better art. DF and he can market it to more people.

The way it was in his special lab and in a special case when momo foud it seems odd when ceaser mass produces them. SO why keep just on so protected when there a dime a dozen. plus it was said vega punk did the df thing before.

Or

It could just be a special art. DF meaning most are generic but this one was special because it looks like a mythical zoan ( dragon ) obviously. and maybe it was made special for one of kaido top guyz and dof needs it back. Kaido seems unforgiving to mistakes and may wreck dof and dressrosa if told it was ready then its not. A man like kaido may take that as a lie and therefor disrepect.
Then how does Dofla even know that Momonosuke ate it?
Only a few people know the truth and none of them are allied to Dofla.
Besides everything seems to point towards Dofla having an interest in Momonosuke prior to PH.

Also the anime made clear that Momonosuke was only making fun of Luffy by making a ridiculous boast of his own.
They were fighting like children remember, don't look too deeply in to it.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:46   Link #140
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Then how does Dofla even know that Momonosuke ate it?
Only a few people know the truth and none of them are allied to Dofla.
Besides everything seems to point towards Dofla having an interest in Momonosuke prior to PH.

Also the anime made clear that Momonosuke was only making fun of Luffy by making a ridiculous boast of his own.
They were fighting like children remember, don't look too deeply in to it.
Are you sure I thought ceaser knew it was momo who ate the df and if ceaser knows then dof knows.

This of course is all just guesses but if:

- momo is not to be sogun
- not about the df

then what else is special about momo. He is kinemons son so unless kinemon is shogun now then I doubt momo can be used to blackmail anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Where was it said, that Sabo is a revolutionary army officer? He could be a foot soldier for all we know.

BTW, did Sabo even know, that Ace and Luffy thought he was dead? Maybe he wasn't aware of this fact.
This i never thought of. Maybe sabo did not know they thought he was dead and that is something that could explain his actions. Then the not showing up to ace could be a simple case of not being able to make it in time.

if this is the case I can think of sabo as a good person and not a beotch.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion