AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-12-29, 02:43   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not exceptional shock value though there are a few scenes...

Personally I loved the move, but I loved it for the same reasons that I loved Boogiepop Phantom. I love watching this weird shit wondering what the heck is going on, then, at the end, suddenly everything makes perfect sense. That moment of "Aha!" is what makes it all worthwhile.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 11:42   Link #22
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Not exceptional shock value though there are a few scenes...

Personally I loved the move, but I loved it for the same reasons that I loved Boogiepop Phantom. I love watching this weird shit wondering what the heck is going on, then, at the end, suddenly everything makes perfect sense. That moment of "Aha!" is what makes it all worthwhile.
Bullseye. It's also just as much fun trying to figure it out as you go along.
Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 16:01   Link #23
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Absolutely! My mind races as I watch, trying to figure out the puzzle and spotting clues to other episodes that were happening concurrently. I put together a piece here and there, but I never get the whole puzzle until the end. It isn't until mind-way into the very last episode of the series that finally the whole series makes sense. That was a mind-blowing "eureka" because I had been thinking about it for so long.

Lain was like that too. It gave great "Eureka."

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-30, 02:25   Link #24
i luv Kare Kano

ok i finally finished downloading this after like 10 hours and i cant seem to watch the video. What kind of software am i suppose to use? i tried to play it with windows media, but i can only hear the sound, the picture doesnt show. I know dat some videos, u need xvid to watch, so i downloaded that program but boogiepop still isnt viewable. Can anyone help?
i luv Kare Kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 03:31   Link #25
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This solution will fix your problem as well as many other problems that you might have in the future.

Uninstall all your codecs. Trust me. All of them:
Uninstall DivX.
Uninstall XviD.
Uninstall ffdshow.
Especially uninstall any Codec packs, They are Evil!

Download and install ffdshow. You'll find it listed as [Level 1] on the Media Configuration Guide.

If there are any additional questions, please post them to the Playback Help Forum.

Old 2003-12-30, 04:16   Link #26
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Just like NaSanninWa and Ballz, i just loved this movie. While it wasn't anything spectacular, it was a great prequel to Boogie Pop Phantom, a series i loved. It was just so cleverly thought out and kept you on the edge of your seat and the mind constantly going. I mean how many different scenarios and conclusions did you come up with until it was resolved in the end? At least 100 for me. It just went hand in hand with the anime and even helped resolved a few loose threads that the anime left you to ponder when it was all said and done.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 10:20   Link #27
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I'm a fan of the anime series. .:huggles her Boogiepop Phantom limited DVD set:. I really liked the movie too. I love trying to piece it all together. ^^ Now all I have left is to read the novels.. Anyone wanna translate or license? XD
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 12:27   Link #28
i luv Kare Kano

thx for ur input on the movie, and help with my problem everyone
i luv Kare Kano is offline   Reply With Quote