AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-07-23, 12:49   Link #57221
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's a work in progress. Will continue when I can stop farming mah shipgurlz and focus for like 5 minutes to channel my inner hormonal tween girl.
Old 2015-07-23, 17:40   Link #57222
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, Ichika as the Admiral and Chifuyu as Nagato... heh, that matchup was too easy. Maya as Mutsu (she wishes!), and...I don't know enough about the ship girls to make the comparisons. What I do know about them comes from the booru sites and those aren't good decision-making tools.
Old 2015-07-23, 18:07   Link #57223
demino_hellsin
That one guy

No no. Kancolle has nothing todo with what I'm writing other than being a major distraction.
Old 2015-07-23, 21:53   Link #57224
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Heh. That Ironbottom Collective joke faction I made for IS. Shudder.
Old 2015-07-23, 22:11   Link #57225
demino_hellsin
That one guy

tempted to do a mega-xover by adding kancolle to my old idea.

Ichika is a willing test subject for the Japanese Military's more exotic improvement to the conventional warfare. He tested the ENSI and COFFIN systems for aircrafts, giving him electronic neural implants. He also tested the electrosphere and went head to head with the ruling AI, NEMO, before emerging victorious and causing an error that resulted in a piece of the electrosphere taking residence in his brain. Post-release frm his secret duty, he stumbles upon the IS and gets sent to ISA where he exhibits the skills that made him the top test pilot/marmot of the military in the first place.

The military eventually wants Ichika back bad enough to expose his test pilot past to everyone within earshot as the cold war has heightened with alternative technologies to IS are coming into play. America has taken in the defector, Professor Kojima to develop the NEXT project. The Europeans have successfully created the first fully automated aeronautics engineering plant to reverse engineer IS technology and place it in conventional fghters. Japan and Asia are in short supply of superweapons to counter these threats so the lackluster RFI that sought to put IS tech into conventional tech through pure elbow grease and stubbornness was in need of something to support it, and Ichika was their best shot. However that could only go so far so they began developing a navy composed of humanoid weapon platforms, imprinted with the combat data and memories of the bloodiest naval battles in Japanese history. Thus were born the shipgirls.
Old 2015-07-23, 22:30   Link #57226
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Mine was just...

Princess Ai was ambushed by blacks ops from unidentified country while transporting a native core from a Catastrophe.

Catastrophe are explosive cancerous growths of IS core like material created by people attempting to grow their own cores which had always failed and eaten up their creators in the process. Native cores are the cores that fuel these growths, and have never been stable outside of a Catastrophe, until now.

She hides the core in a wreck she finds under water and holds out as long as she can while the rest of the uchikengers scramble to get to her.

In the end... A strange being, born from the core infused with the sapherium enriched wreck, rises from the sea bed and tears the black ops guys a new one.

"The prodigal daughter from Britain, has returned!!"

Old 2015-07-23, 22:41   Link #57227
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's pretty hilarious when I think about the whole scenario because the personal IS pilots like Cecilia and Rin and others think that they're some kind of elite. Ichika knows better and that they're nothing more than guinea pigs for their government to strap into experimental machines like expendable faff.

This whole thing comes full circle when Kei Nagase goes to recruit him back because she was one of the head military pilots for the Shinden II development under the RFI Ichika worked in. The shipgirls would be a passing mention unless there's a sea battle and Ichika just so happens to be handling the aerial side of things before spotting girls skating on water somehow.
Old 2015-07-23, 22:59   Link #57228
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It's pretty hilarious when I think about the whole scenario because the personal IS pilots like Cecilia and Rin and others think that they're some kind of elite. Ichika knows better and that they're nothing more than guinea pigs for their government to strap into experimental machines like expendable faff.

This whole thing comes full circle when Kei Nagase goes to recruit him back because she was one of the head military pilots for the Shinden II development under the RFI Ichika worked in. The shipgirls would be a passing mention unless there's a sea battle and Ichika just so happens to be handling the aerial side of things before spotting girls skating on water somehow.
I agree, if there was a time where the upper ranks at I.S.A (not sure if chifuyu is a part of them) would choose to save ichika or his IS unit, my opinion the upper ranks would choose his IS unit, I mean they weaponize kids for god sake
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 01:10   Link #57229
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

Please continue. We need more "weird science" takes on Infinite Stratos than the usual harem misadventures.

My narrative unfortunately limits me in this aspect. For me, I tried to go from the "no one apart from Tabane actually knows what they are doing" angle. By seeing what they can slowly over years do with the spaceframes and yet have no idea how or why the IS core works, let alone replicate it, my narrative has been everyone essentially poking the IS core with a variety of "sticks" or stimuli and documenting what happens. They know what the IS core 'eats', which I called sapherium which really is silicon dioxide enriched with another weird substance I'm handwaving as Stratovsky particles. They know that the IS core produces the frame from raw energy and that the core can be separated to produce Equalizers. And if matched to a guinea pig-- oops, I mean, a test pilot, the IS core can store the frame -- with the fanon theory that the IS core is storing the frame within the unused memory banks of the pilot it is matched with which would explain why this ability is almost exclusive to personal units.

I then felt that I could flip things around and say "let's try doing everything in reverse" and try and build an elaborate conspiracy theory from the way IS tech originates. We know the Shinonono were traditionally shrine maidens; what if, they were exactly that, for millenia? We know the Orimura were warriors bordering on superhuman ability; what if, they were exactly that, for eons as well? What if, whoever bred this ability, decided that the 2 branches must never mingle? Suddenly, Ichika's apprehension with regards to Houki and somewhat disinterest in the other ladies has some context.

What if, we stretch that even further? Let's involve the Imperial Japanese family! Descendents of divinity? Check. They had powers? Was it them having the powers, or they just had technology that is inexplicable? Check. What about these regala of theirs, only replicas available? Where are the real ones? Ooookay you're getting the picture now, aren't you?

Let's turn everything we hear about the Imperial Family Agency around; they are still retainers to the royal court. But the court is really the ones in control, with the Agency taking the fall to distract observers planted in Japan by the US when they conquered Japan. For years, this facade kept its veil, then, one of the shrine maidens sworn to guard a state secret decides to do things her way.

What were they guarding? Aliens. Well, or rather, fragments of ancient artefacts of great power, built from gems of sapherium and controlled by the divinity within the warrior bloodlines -- fanonically, the pilots blessed with IS Perception.

Where did they get their stockpile? I take glee in the fact that the Japanese were allies with the Nazis a billion miles away. Though it seemed more like 2 crime lords trying to have a share of pie. Anyway, the Nazis raided artefacts, destroying some and keeping the others. Later in the war, all that was carved up, and the IJN was tasked with shipping several of them. Even buying a useless outmoded Tiger tank (Tiger No. 6) of all things. Not all of them made it to Japan, like the Tiger for example, but quite a bit of material made it given what we do know.

Another point of the meisterworld is that the materials to build IS cores are all there. It is after all SILICON DIOXIDE, the stuff in SAND and computer chips, with weird science in them. So, why aren't every one making one? I thus dreamed up the Catastrophe, that while it is there, somehow building one either doesn't work, or it eats you.

Tabane instead steals the magatama guarded by her family and used that to produce the first IS core. That concentrated piece was enough to produce 461 IS cores. As you can imagine, the IJA suddenly losing a critical part of their ancient weaponry would ruffle quite some feathers. Especially the CIA who guessed quite accurately that the secret to the IS lay with the IJA.

That's where Princess Ai comes in. She grew up all her life protected by the Agency, all while having to deal with the gaijins in black also sticking their fingers into their pies. When her own family and friends become jeopardized by Tabane's betrayal, the kind and gentle lady for the first time takes control of both the royal family as the Crown Princess and the Agency as their commander in chief. She calls to her samurai and warriors sworn by bloodline, but half go unanswered -- namely Tatenashi and Ichika. Instead, Kaoru and Kanzashi are both recruited into the 5 member unit -- and thus there were Uchikengers.

This WHOLE BIG roundabout explanation ties into the Ironbottom Collective, or rather, the wrecked IJN ships, via the Japanese Tiger and the Hase, and that the Hase were inspired by the Tiger. Officially, the Hase IS was built esthetically like the Tiger, but unofficially, they were developed FROM that particular Tiger. Remember what I said about the raw material for IS being everywhere? And given what I theorized about the IJA in the Meisterverse, why that particular Tiger?

So, the metallurgists of the 1950s knew something about material enrichment with sapherium. The Japanese had to make do with whatever limited steel stocks they had, so naturally, they turned to their own secret recipes. This meant that IJN ships had much more enriched metal than other countries which in the end, didn't really mean a thing.

But, that is now lying at the bottom of the sea, the origin of life itself, for a good half of a century, baptised in the memories, blood and tears of brave men in the line of duty, coated in SAND, marinating a sapherium mix, under ridiculous pressures.

All that needed was a catalyst, and the Ironbottom Collective was born from that native core exploding.

...holy shit what the hell did I just write.
Old 2015-07-24, 01:33   Link #57230
demino_hellsin
That one guy

all I did was have some guy breathe life into some nanotech dolls that took their own specific forms as optimized for the combat data from each individual ship and allow for a specific set of traits to form to optimize the continual growth of said nanotech dolls that embody combat data from grand warships of past. They just never figured it would be in the form of little girls.
Old 2015-07-24, 01:36   Link #57231
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Even, the Ironbottom Collective is such a fun thought experiment. Like, YAY! I have cute girls with mecha parts built using rules I already precreated in order to shape the Uchikengers lore and hint at with the "Science" side via the SHOOTiNG ST@Rs.

What does it all mean? Firstly, the name. I've taken to calling them Aibo because it is a pun of the first sound of English transliteration of the original Japanese term, again, courtesy of Kongou's craziness.

The creation of Kongou and subsequently the resurrection of almost the entire IJN from sometimes nothing more than dust (Nagato, the Prime of the Aibo, was vaporized in a nuclear test) meant as long as they previously sank, they could be resurrected.

This sadly means that ships which were dismantled and never sank never came back. This is seen with the Destroyers, who are almost constantly searching for Hibiki and never finding her. But never say never, as demonstrated by Nagato barrelling out of nowhere to the rescue.

Next, the native core explosion had scattered material into almost all of earth's oceans. This technically classifies as a C-4 incident, with C-5 being a global Catastrophe.

This then leads to, rules being fair, a lot of Catastrophe forming from impure ship wrecks -- the Abyssal. And there you have it, the IJA gaining the world's most powerful army overnight but now having the Autobo-- I mean Aibo fight off the Decepti-- I mean, the Abyssal Fleet of Fog.

Lastly, every collective needs an Admiral, and so the only one fit for duty is of course...

...Orimura Ichika.

Ichika: ...

Meister: Please answer the next request with Yes or Hai.

Ichika: D:

*tosses Kongou into the harem mix*

*cackles with glee as Ichika is pounded by IS fire*
Old 2015-07-24, 01:53   Link #57232
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kongou will tank that and moreif it's for teitoku

So basically I was focusing less on technology of IS but the influences each superweapon will have in global warfare. You have America, who just bought out the guy who will make them realistic super robots. Europe just built a much much better version of the AGE builder(never saw the show but it's the closest thing). All while both fear Japan having control of the global IS collective because ISA is just off the shore. Unknowing and unbelieving that Japan is utterly screwed because their government is completely terrified that a superpower like ISA can literally take them over anytime by cutting off the head of state. I mean Odaiba is pretty much Tokyo right? That's why Japan was enforcing the Reverse Flow Initiative to improve the airforce with better aircraft and a control system that used the brain, possibly in a remote fashion if feasible. Also they added in a more powerful form of navy by putting the power of a whole battleship into the body of an infantry unit so they can swarm the sea without crowding it. Russia and China are mostly content with the fact they have conventional weaponry up the ass so they can just human wave tactics all over the place and maybe Macross Carnival the fuck out of everyone with nukes if it ever comes down to it.
Old 2015-07-24, 02:59   Link #57233
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All I can say is... dont underestimate the Russians and the Chinese.

Come to think of it, Kongou would be a breath of fresh air. She'd be throwing herself at him, openly, declaring all sorts of things, pissing Ichika off as well as everyone else.

Almost like a toned-down Nyaruko.

...actually, shall we add Eldritch Gods well? SANCHI PINCHI
Old 2015-07-24, 03:23   Link #57234
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You can actually put Kongou down for genki, seductive and narmingly woobie all at the same time which should be enough to win most anyone over. At least compared to the other girls. Sure Laura was a supersoldier engineered for war but Kongou was an actual piece of equipment manufactured for war and actually fought, and technically died in said actual war. The world war. The second one.
Old 2015-07-24, 04:53   Link #57235
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Don't worry. Over at Vietnam where I live, "Dao" could also means "knife", so you can try to drop a logic bomb to screw with the Rin's...
...Granted, knifes in your lungs are still lethal, BUT not as lethal as two freaking sabre-like weapon sticking out of your ribcage.
- ....are you actually encouraging him to have two Rinnys cutting me open like peking duck at dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*cackles gleefully at this one shot with two Rin*
- and with Char it'll be three times as fast, right? Yes, we heard that joke already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku
SO many sex jokes to be made...
- Don't you start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
2 Rin 1 Erojiji.
-OI!!!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 06:21   Link #57236
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- ....are you actually encouraging him to have two Rinnys cutting me open like peking duck at dinner?
I will be gentler. The 2nd Rin actually isn't interested in Ichika, but someone else. However, she didn't mean to serve you as peking duck, only by accident.

SWEET & SPICY, no?

Quote:
- and with Char it'll be three times as fast, right? Yes, we heard that joke already.
And... DONE!

Quote:
- Don't you start!

-OI!!!
I'm sure I can fit menage a trois in there.
Old 2015-07-24, 18:42   Link #57237
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Is it just me, or is it too easy to add a part or two on your personal IS? For example, in the Cannonball Fast, all it took was a phone call from Rin to get the high speed attachment. No paperwork, no committee, no guardian?

A personal IS is, after all, a nation's greatest asset.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2015-07-25 at 06:24.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 18:48   Link #57238
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What volume did that happen?
Old 2015-07-24, 20:48   Link #57239
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Is it just me, or is it too easy to add a part or two on your personal IS? For example, in the Mondo Grosso. all it took was a phone call from Rin to get the high speed attachment. No paperwork, no committee, no guardian?

A personal IS is, after all, a nation's greatest asset.
No no, that's not true. It only looks easy because Rin is the end user - she doesn't own nor maintain the IS. They probably already had the part available but they didn't ship it with her unit so it was back at home with the rest of the stuff that she didn't take.

Even if they didn't have it - Rin wouldn't have called the part manufacturer directly, unless she had the authority to do so (which she shouldn't). Whoever her superior is, that's who she'd call and they would take care of the rest. At least in the US, for race car drivers, they don't pay for the parts to the vehicle (usually). If they want something else, they talk to the owner of the vehicle, who decides if the money is there to get it and if it will actually improve performance.
Old 2015-07-24, 21:22   Link #57240
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Not to mention, the equalizer had to be tested beforehand to make sure actually worked with her IS before it could be considered. So it could be it was one of several parts that needed adjusting and Rin would have been even later to enrol at school had she not left the mod behind.

Though I'd say the author simply forgot he said that personal units can reject equalizers.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest