AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-05-10, 19:10   Link #661
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Which group?
I think he's talking about some Chinese group
Old 2008-05-11, 00:42   Link #662
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
this higurashi mystery, will unfortunately probably remain unsolved
besides getting "more screen time" as kingsky123 said ^__^ It's prolly for 2 reasons... 1) she's REALLY cute sitting there covering her head with her hands and 2) despite having lived over 100 smth years, she's still just a little girl and still does pretty childish things like sitting down and covering her head with her hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel
Which group?
dunno whether or not we can post links and such here but you can always google the words Gaku Gaku Animal Land Higurashi and see what you come up with -__^

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 01:38   Link #663
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
besides getting "more screen time" as kingsky123 said ^__^ It's prolly for 2 reasons... 1) she's REALLY cute sitting there covering her head with her hands and 2) despite having lived over 100 smth years, she's still just a little girl and still does pretty childish things like sitting down and covering her head with her hands.
Where would she go? Some of the Yamainu had already gone inside the compound so she'd risk getting captured an used as a hostage against Akasaka if she went there. Her best option was to stay near Akasaka who could guard her. And covering her head like that would provide some defense if someone got thrown at her for example.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 02:23   Link #664
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post

dunno whether or not we can post links and such here but you can always google the words Gaku Gaku Animal Land Higurashi and see what you come up with -__^
Gaku Gaku would have told us if it was them.... Their projects aren't some big secret....
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 04:49   Link #665
bratchaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Where would she go? Some of the Yamainu had already gone inside the compound so she'd risk getting captured an used as a hostage against Akasaka if she went there. Her best option was to stay near Akasaka who could guard her. And covering her head like that would provide some defense if someone got thrown at her for example.
Honestly, I had forgotten at this point that the Yamainu had taken her out of the compound after breaking into it. Actually makes alot more sense now. Thanks!
bratchaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 17:03   Link #666
FuzzyWuzzy

K so I just saw episode 7 of the first series which is Season 1. Who's the killer? My best guess is the yellow hair loli girl. I don't know, everything is confusing. Why is mion wearing a gun in episode 6 and how come no one noticed it? Geeze wth was that all about. The whole town seems to be in on it but there has to be a leader or some sort. Mion is too obvious, I'm going with yellow hair girl atm since I'm still at episode 7.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 17:09   Link #667
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
K so I just saw episode 7 of the first series which is Season 1. Who's the killer? My best guess is the yellow hair loli girl. I don't know, everything is confusing. Why is mion wearing a gun in episode 6 and how come no one noticed it? Geeze wth was that all about. The whole town seems to be in on it but there has to be a leader or some sort. Mion is too obvious, I'm going with yellow hair girl atm since I'm still at episode 7.
Mion's gun is a watergun, also........... You think Satako is the killer? That's an........... interesting guess My suggestion: Read the Higurashi Wiki article, and finish off season 1.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:34   Link #668
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Mion's gun is a watergun, also........... You think Satako is the killer? That's an........... interesting guess My suggestion: Read the Higurashi Wiki article, and finish off season 1.
I think he might mean Takano

Also Mion's gun is an airsoft gun. (K1's worse enemy )
Old 2008-05-15, 19:14   Link #669
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Please do not suggest wikipedia article: even the lead article has some uncalled for spoilers. Checking the characters or episodes pages will be overkill obviously.
Seriously, checking wikipedia articles for animes are NEVER safe.
Old 2008-05-15, 21:48   Link #670
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Please do not suggest wikipedia article: even the lead article has some uncalled for spoilers. Checking the characters or episodes pages will be overkill obviously.
Even this thread is not safe, but it was not intended for being safe.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 23:44   Link #671
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, when you start asking questions with out even bothering to finish off the season then you're obviously looking for spoilers.
Old 2008-05-15, 23:45   Link #672
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I think he might mean Takano

Also Mion's gun is an airsoft gun. (K1's worse enemy )
Oh , it was a water gun in one of the four-koma, I must have gotten confused. In any case, he said loli girl. Takano isn't exactly loli.....
Old 2008-05-18, 08:04   Link #673
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

So I have a bit of a question about Higurashi in the wider world beyond this little forum.

This blogpost indicates that the Higurashi franchise is catching a lot of flak in the Japanese domestic news media these days. This is a bit surprising to me, as I thought the game and show would still be far too 'niche' for media outlets to really care about. So for our members in Japan, what kind of criticisms are being leveled at the franchise and how widespread are they?

Also, I'm wondering what Animesuki's policy is concerning "abandoned" licenses. It seems as though volume 3 of the Geneon release saw some sort of limited release and is available on Amazon, but I haven't seen any copies in stores. The last two DVDs were solicited and are listed on RightStuf, but they have never been available for purchase. This is a sticky situation as it means that the purchasing public no longer has any reasonable means to obtain the series in English. If the series is not renewed by another company (ala Gurren-Lagann) within a reasonable time frame, will AS begin to host torrent links for the episodes not released?
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 09:57   Link #674
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
So I have a bit of a question about Higurashi in the wider world beyond this little forum.

This blogpost indicates that the Higurashi franchise is catching a lot of flak in the Japanese domestic news media these days. This is a bit surprising to me, as I thought the game and show would still be far too 'niche' for media outlets to really care about. So for our members in Japan, what kind of criticisms are being leveled at the franchise and how widespread are they?
Is there any evidence that Higurashi was blamed for that? The author of that blog entry was merely speculating that they could potentially do that and since it's over a month old, I doubt that anything has happened. The only connection between that guy and the franchise is that he had drawn some art of it at some point; it's not as if he played the visual novel and was inspired to go and molest a 15-year old as a result of that.

The only incident I'm aware of that was blamed on Higurashi was that hatchet murder last September. Has there been anything else since then that could substantiate the claim that 'everything' gets blamed on it?
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 11:45   Link #675
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Is there any evidence that Higurashi was blamed for that?
You misunderstand me. I was simply pointing out that someone was speculating on it and casually mentioned that Higurashi was getting a drubbing in the news media; the linked incident has nothing to do with Higurashi but this is the first I've heard of widescale criticism. I had previously had the impression that the game and associated media were little more than a doujin curiosity.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 18:22   Link #676
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Hey, can i ask something?
When the great disaster occur, the survivor(keiichi in Watanagashi, Satoko in KAI, etc) are killed in the hospital. But, Rena was still alive in Kai first ep. What happened?

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 20:35   Link #677
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
It was probably because unlike Kei and Satoko, she wasnt as much of a threat. She was already declared as insane because of the disease and how she said that there were aliens. It was probably thought that with her claims, it would divert the attention elsewhere (aliens) and may be benificial to them.

Or so I think : D
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 21:59   Link #678
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I thought than Keiichi died without help after Tatarigoroshi-hen ( the same way than he died in Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen) and than Rena did survive after Tsumihoroboshi-hen because they were more careful about her health or the fact than she recovered from her L5 state ( unlike Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi-hen)
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 22:17   Link #679
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
I'm pretty sure Keiichi was killed the same way as Satoko.
All three (2 of Kei and 1 of Satoko) were by heart attacks, which would be too much of a coincidence.
(Deen left how Keichii died in Tatarigoroshi, but in the game, it stated that he died of 'Acute Heart Failure"
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 22:21   Link #680
Rias

I think it's more along the lines of Rena might've went into hiding until they reopen the village after many years, rather than being hospitalized. We can see that Keiichi, Mion, and Satoko all had a sudden death in a hospital; it is probably part of cover up operations by Yamainu/Tokyo. As we have seen from Tatarigoroshi-hen, even the people (Kasai, Shion, Keiichi) who have survived the disaster dies shortly after.