AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 16:13   Link #1061
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
@serenade_beta : when did they say Luke was a part of Asch's soul ????
That weird voice he hears wasn't Asch...
First episode. The very mysterious voice that talked to him inside his head said something about that.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 16:20   Link #1062
yolin.shana

Ah? It just said he was a fragment of its own soul, it didn't talk about Asch at all.
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 16:22   Link #1063
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Ah? It just said it was a fragment of its own soul, it didn't talk about Asch at all.
I thought (still think) Asch was the voice.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-03, 16:28   Link #1064
yolin.shana

Nah, not the same seiyuu.
And not the same way of speech either (the voice speaks like a noble old man, in a kinda archaic way)
Old 2008-11-03, 16:39   Link #1065
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Nah, not the same seiyuu.
And not the same way of speech either (the voice speaks like a noble old man, in a kinda archaic way)
(´・ω・`)
I see. My mistake...

Old 2008-11-03, 16:57   Link #1066
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(´・ω・`)
I see. My mistake...
I think they forgot to mention it this episode but...
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-11-03, 17:47   Link #1067
Darkurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Amnesia can make certain behaviors of people seem different. But not to drastically as what we have seen in Luke. Remember your personality is genetic its who you are and even if you lose your memories your body will still remember certain things. If you hate peas and you get amnesia your body wont forget you hate peas. Natural behavior and emotional response behaviors are different. So even if Luke is the real Luke he personality would not have changed that drastically even with his amnesia. He just would not have remembered certain things as shown in the anime. But your personality is YOU you can forget how to be YOURSELF.
This is absolute bullshit and has no factual basis in real life. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, here are my thoughts on ep 6
Ooh there's so much that I want to say, but can't without spoiling. I just promise you this: Most of the thigns you find wrong with the story will be resolved. I promise.

And Tear will have a much more important part later on. Everyone in the party has at least one point where they are very important (although there is one I can't think of offhand, so I may be wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Theory? Occam's razor... It's actually very simple.

Luke is the son of Duke Fabre who had been kidnapped years ago. Upon his return, they discovered that he has no memories of his ordeal or of his life, from which he had to relearn everything... about himself, about his life and the people he's supposed to know. Others have noted how different he is now due to this, and he has been confined in the manor for years out of fear for another incident. Natalia in particular wants Luke to remember his words of proposal that he gave to her from long ago, and she tries to help him out.

And then, we have Asch who exactly resembles Luke, and who ambiguously looks towards Natalia's direction for some reason. Now something is missing in between, don't you think?

Here's another clue: other than Luke and Asch, Ion and Sync share the same voice actress.
ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT SONIC THE HEDGEHOG AND JET THE HAWK ARE REALLY THE SAME PERSON.

lol jk.

I love coming here and seeing all your theories. There's so much I want to say to all you guys. Wow.

And the anime has a lot of subtle foreshadowing that actually couldn't be done in the game even if they wanted to. After the anime is finished (or after playing the game, whichever you do first), go back and re-watch the anime. You'll notice very, very subtle hints at events to come. I specifically remember one example that was nothing more than showing someone's face for a second. Nothing out of the ordinary for a first-timer, but anyone who knows the course of the story will know exactly what it means.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:17   Link #1068
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
This is absolute bullshit and has no factual basis in real life. I'm sorry.

Sigh and we have another winner not like theres not enough of them floating around here but..................
Try providing facts before you rudely and ignorantly state something dont mind you disagreeing with me but a little tack is sometimes needed. There have been several theories on this subject and we all pretty much said we werent sure. So unless you are willing to explain your comment learn manners first then speak.
Old 2008-11-03, 18:22   Link #1069
Darkurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Sigh and we have another winner not like theres not enough of them floating around here but..................
Try providing facts before before you rudely and ignorantly state something.
I'm specifically studying this in school right now. There is no actual proof of a personality being genetic. Certain aspects may be genetic, such as if one has a personality disorder, or one's sexuality perhaps, but the entire personality? Higly doubtful.

However, regardless of the real world, this is not true in the game/anime. In the game/anime, personality is not genetic. That much is established in the game.

Anyway, I've just watched the episode. Very disappointed in Tear's portrayal. She's a hard-trained soldier. Why is she so afraid.

I'm also looking forward to the next episode.
Spoiler:

And Young Luke is so cute.

They never show Young Luke in the game. D:
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:30   Link #1070
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I'm specifically studying this in school right now. There is no actual proof of a personality being genetic. Certain aspects may be genetic, such as if one has a personality disorder, or one's sexuality perhaps, but the entire personality? Higly doubtful.

However, regardless of the real world, this is not true in the game/anime. In the game/anime, personality is not genetic. That much is established in the game.
I really do not care about the game because i have never played nor do i feel the need to atm. So anything pertaining to the game i would probably skip over since I am focusing on the anime only. If i want to learn about the game i would go to that particular thread and read up on it. Reason being is too many people let things slip out even in spoiler tags and its gets very annoying when the focus turns towards the game in the anime thread and it has a way of ruing the experience for the anime only viewer.

As for the your statment about personality and genetics. I did not know there was no conclusive proof on the subject my statements were based on several articles i have read here and there on the subject. But thanks for explaining yourself the matter is now squashed.
Old 2008-11-03, 18:55   Link #1071
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say one thing I'm really liking about the anime is how they are handling the conversations and flashbacks. Even if it comes at the expense of some minor boss fights and really cuts the reflection of travel time I think its still worth it. Hard to cut the feeling of having played the game. But if I was watching this first think I would have liked Natalia's character a lot earlier.

Put down some more Thoughts on the episode as usual.
Old 2008-11-03, 19:11   Link #1072
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to say one thing I'm really liking about the anime is how they are handling the conversations and flashbacks. Even if it comes at the expense of some minor boss fights and really cuts the reflection of travel time I think its still worth it. Hard to cut the feeling of having played the game. But if I was watching this first think I would have liked Natalia's character a lot earlier.

Put down some more Thoughts on the episode as usual.
That is true. Since I have played the game a few times, I was hoping for some scenes to make it but were not. I do not mind since the writers have been doing a great job on handling the material.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:21   Link #1073
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Yeah the boss got the shaft due to time constraints . Well if its between that fight and the conversations I'd probably put more into the conversations. Long as the major fights down the road get more attention.
I did not mind the boss fight getting cut short, just clarifying that it was not really a run of the mill monster. I liked that they input the flashbacks in the anime which were not in the game version, and if the boss fight was cut because of it then I could care less. I do agree though that some of the other major fights, especially with the God Generals should not be cut short.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 21:58   Link #1074
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I love coming here and seeing all your theories. There's so much I want to say to all you guys. Wow.

And the anime has a lot of subtle foreshadowing that actually couldn't be done in the game even if they wanted to. After the anime is finished (or after playing the game, whichever you do first), go back and re-watch the anime. You'll notice very, very subtle hints at events to come. I specifically remember one example that was nothing more than showing someone's face for a second. Nothing out of the ordinary for a first-timer, but anyone who knows the course of the story will know exactly what it means.
In a way, I'm wondering which version hides certain plot twists better. The game or the anime?

It's interesting to hear what other people think about these little mysteries, since I never got to discuss such things while playing the game. I guess as an anime, the weekly episode format helps keep up the suspense more effectively.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:07   Link #1075
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3

natalia sig...
freebie since it probably won't be on use until Saimoe 2009...
Saimoe Sig album here...

haven't really read the rest of the thread yet...
will probably start reading the rest of the thread soon...
but before that i have a question about the shipping in this series...

Spoiler for shipping:

PS: there might already be some claims for her but i'm also staking a claim for natalia...
(though i do find her voice not fitting at times, but still Natalia = )
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 23:10   Link #1076
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
In a way, I'm wondering which version hides certain plot twists better. The game or the anime?

It's interesting to hear what other people think about these little mysteries, since I never got to discuss such things while playing the game. I guess as an anime, the weekly episode format helps keep up the suspense more effectively.
True that watching the anime helps spread the mystery out more. I mean if your playing its just a manner of throwing everything out the window and playing until you get your answers . It is interesting to talk about it as the story unfolds unlike how it was when I was also playing the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post

natalia sig...
Saimoe Sig album here...

haven't really read the rest of the thread yet...
will probably start reading the rest of the thread soon...
but before that i have a question about the shipping in this series...

Spoiler for shipping:

PS: there might already be some claims for her but i'm also staking a claim for natalia...
(though i do find her voice not fitting at times, but still Natalia = )
Nice job on the Natalia sig. It has a look to it that really fits with the character.
Old 2008-11-04, 01:13   Link #1077
yolin.shana

0_o
That sig is... awesome. Seriously.

Anyway, what I found hilarous about Tear, is the way she was freaking out because of the ghosts, and then she's the first one who noticed the big spider and didn't seem afraid at all, just back in her usual "soldier mode" xD
Oh Tear...

Last edited by yolin.shana; 2008-11-04 at 06:34.
Old 2008-11-04, 01:53   Link #1078
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
True that watching the anime helps spread the mystery out more. I mean if your playing its just a manner of throwing everything out the window and playing until you get your answers .
Honestly, some parts weren't that hard to figure out. It does take some time of course, but you can't help but be suspicious until the crap hits the fan.

I think as an episodic series, some previous stuff easily get forgotten depending on what the most recent episode focuses on. Later on, when the mystery is revealed, we get that feeling wherein we start piecing together some of the details from before that we've unknowingly forgotten.

The funny part is, the OP and the intro are quite blatant already, and yet the series is able to carry on with the mystery.

A list of what we already know from the very beginning and the most recent episodes:

Spoiler for just in case:

I jumbled all of that up just so I could hide the mystery some more, but eventually a light just might click on in your head after all of that.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 02:43   Link #1079
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I did not mind the boss fight getting cut short, just clarifying that it was not really a run of the mill monster. I liked that they input the flashbacks in the anime which were not in the game version, and if the boss fight was cut because of it then I could care less. I do agree though that some of the other major fights, especially with the God Generals should not be cut short.
Same here. In the game, I must admit that I didn't like the Luke/Natalia couple at all because it seems like 'let's just have all 3 female chars have an interest in the hero' sake. However, in the anime, you can clearly see that Natalia really really cares for Luke. The flashback makes me want to just support Luke/Natalia even a little. But I'm too much of a Guy/Natalia fan. XD Hopefully, like you said, God General battles won't be cut short. I want a full-out battle soon. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post

natalia sig...
Saimoe Sig album here...
That is such a beautiful Natalia sig. Thank you very much for posting that. As for shippings, a lot of people can be really creative with this cast. I've pretty much seen any of the main six being paired together in some way or form. It won't even shock me anymore if there's a Guy/Anise supporter somewhere.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 03:48   Link #1080
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
So how about that club people? Should it be a general regarding all the characters of this anime/game. We should simply call it The Abyss Gang lol
Ok thats a terrible name, but it's a start to break the ice... maybe =)

Tags
fantasy