AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-12, 01:11   Link #221
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Did anyone else notice that Tsukiyo was skipped from the anime series this season?
They miscalculated when they made the first trailer. There's barely enough room for 4 captures in a 1-cour season. And that was with Ayumi and Mio's stories being real short. To cover up to Tsukiyo this season would mean covering five captures in a dozen episodes, all of them being 2 to 3 episodes each. Including the non-capture stories, that's mathematically impossible.
There's no chance she'll be a disc-only story, those are for stories the viewers can pass on if they don't buy the disc. Tsukiyo's story cannot be skipped. She'll either appear in S3, or not at all.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:09   Link #222
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Anyone have a list of the girls Keima captured in chronological order?

I'm not sure how accurate it is, and it also excludes Haqua who was technically captured by Elsea
Old 2011-04-12, 13:14   Link #223
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Minami's arc occurs between Tsukiyo's and Tenri's. It's pretty short; I can even see it fitting in a single episode.
Old 2011-04-12, 13:18   Link #224
Xacual

Minami I would see being 1.5 episodes. 1 episodes for the events that lead up to the Festival and then the festival being in a second.

So am I the only person that thinks Hakua's arc won't be next and will instead be moved to the end of the series or has their been spoilers I missed confirming Hakua next?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-20, 06:56   Link #225
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The official website got updated with the preview summary for episode 3

Spoiler for :
It'll be interesting how this will unfold. The staff are all regulars so it'll be the same old same old KamiNomi anime quality, but from the summery it doesn't sound like they will rewrok this episode into much of a romantic one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
This will be my last post here
And for those who keep posting about yaoi and yuri over and over again, I hate you guys.
Bye
Just saw this now

I'm really sad to see you go. You were really a great member around this sub-forum.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2011-04-20 at 14:42.
Old 2011-04-20, 08:22   Link #226
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
They miscalculated when they made the first trailer. There's barely enough room for 4 captures in a 1-cour season. And that was with Ayumi and Mio's stories being real short. To cover up to Tsukiyo this season would mean covering five captures in a dozen episodes, all of them being 2 to 3 episodes each. Including the non-capture stories, that's mathematically impossible.
There's no chance she'll be a disc-only story, those are for stories the viewers can pass on if they don't buy the disc. Tsukiyo's story cannot be skipped. She'll either appear in S3, or not at all.
They had tonnes of room to fit another capture arc into season one. Both Shiori's and Kanon's arcs were a episode longer than they needed to be and absolutely packed with filler.
Old 2011-04-20, 14:26   Link #227
Jimmy C

For season one, what's done is done. The result is, to fit Tsukiyo into season 2 would have required doing 5 captures in 12 episodes.
Since they were doing the girls in the manga order, putting 5 girls into season 1 would have meant starting season 2 with Haqua. As good as she is, I think that it's better to show a "conventional" capture than the outlier that is Haqua's story to start a season.
So, it's still season 3 if you want to see Tsukiyo and the more significant girls.
Old 2011-05-09, 14:31   Link #228
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malandro View Post
my guess for season 2...

Ep 01/02 - Kusunoki arc
Ep 03/04 - Hakua arc
Ep 05/06/07 - "Tea for three" chapter and Chihiro arc
Ep 08 - Ch. 33 / Ch. 34 (fillers about Keima relationship with Elsie and your mom)
Ep 09/10/11 - Jun arc
Ep 12 - Ch. 42 / Ch. 35 (fillers about Elsie and Keima, respectively)

If i'm right this will be better than first season (at least in the pace)
Man, since episode 5 took up Chihiro's arc that'll probably mean it'll use 3 episodes unless there's a good non-capture chapter to use for episode 7 but I doubt so considering episode 5's pace.
Old 2011-05-09, 16:04   Link #229
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I guess I really should have seen this coming, what's with them skipping the hug scene and the title given in the preview last episode, but why why WHY do they skip the Haqua's report chapter? Instead of that we got more of Keima being emo and the ecosystem on his door...Seriously, all of my rage. Sure it seems fillerish, but not only was it hilarious, it gives a set-up for the next episode (instead delivered by Elsie this episode) and it gave quite a development for Haqua's character. Dammit, Manglobe, dammit.

Well, do you suppose they can fit it in somewhere? Looking at the pacing so far, I think it's obvious they're going to go for 3 episodes each for Chihiro and Jun, In which case all we got is 2 free episodes.

Now, they can easily do the filler chapters like Elsie's or Keima's Mom story, but I got another theory. What if they really want to make this Haqua's season, and fit in both the report chapter and directly continuing it with Haqua's buddy arc? The continuity is scrambled, but I think they don't have something that's timeline specific so it could still work. If so, it's either 8-9 leaving Jun's arc to close the arc, or the last two episodes and have Jun's arc directly after Chihiro. The latter seems to close out the season better, but it'll be strange for Haqua to postpone her report for so long....yeah, this is just wishful thinking that won't work. Again, dammit.
Old 2011-05-09, 17:15   Link #230
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Instead of that we got more of Keima being emo and the ecosystem on his door...
Yeah, I agree with you. That part was funny, but too long. Their pacing and their narrative choices are really weird. They could fit the chapter 27 in the first part of this episode, but they don't. I don't understand.
That chapter was hilarious, important for the development of HaquaxKeima relation, and useful for the plot. In that chapter Haqua gives Keima the hint about the fact that love is not the only way to fill the gap in the heart. Overall, I think Manglobe is making a bad job.

Quote:
Now, they can easily do the filler chapters like Elsie's or Keima's Mom story, but I got another theory. What if they really want to make this Haqua's season, and fit in both the report chapter and directly continuing it with Haqua's buddy arc? The continuity is scrambled, but I think they don't have something that's timeline specific so it could still work.
It would be great, but I doubt they will do like that.
I would like also that they put the chapter 55 (that one where Chihiro, Ayumi, Kanon and Elsie take lessons from Keima) after Chihiro's arc, because it fits perfeclty to be placed at this point of the story.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:10   Link #231
tsunade666

what are they trying to do. They don't give time for a free episode for every capture. They go directly to chihiro route without haqua's report. And it's only 3 girls this season. Are they trying to squeeze out tenri? but tsukiyo was left out.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:27   Link #232
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Yeah, I'm peeved as well. Really wanted to see Hakua and Keima dolls making out and then Elsie's reaction.
Old 2011-05-10, 02:29   Link #233
Jimmy C

I always felt Hakua's report chapter was kind of redundant and was hoping they'd skip it, but I couldn't fingure out how to get the number of loose souls out otherwise. I'm glad they found a solution to that. As much as I can sympathize with those who want more Hakua appearances, that report chapter was not it.
Old 2011-05-10, 04:08   Link #234
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't mind Haqua's report chapter getting cut if it means a bit more time for the captures.

I will, however, raeg if we don't get the Elsie "date" chapter animated.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:29   Link #235
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't agree. I thought Hakua's report chapter (Tea for Three) is one of the episodes which show her cute dere side. Which we probably won't see for another 30+ chapters until the post-Tenri arc at Disneyland where she and Diana forced Keima to go on a date with them.

Honestly speaking, I don't find the capture arcs especially exciting until Hinoki's and Yui's captures (IMO, they had the most creative plotlines, though Yui's capture arc may serve as an unsightly Chekov's gun later in the story). The goddess arc was a beyond brilliant concept that deserves to be animated.

I demand Tanaka Rie to be Tenri.

Though I wonder how they are going animate the panel which Hakua calls Keima a pervert and Keima's doll did something explicit to Hakua's doll.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-10, 10:44   Link #236
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

In my oppinion I found every different chapter extremely interesting each time a different angle was taken and Elsie always does many hilarious things in the process, I think the Hinoki Arc was to show the impact a weiss can have on a person or at least the scale of damage a lost sole can cause and the introduction of Sensei as someone who knows about the demons.

I basically liked every capture but I think those that stand out would be Ayumi since she was the first. Chihiro cause the angle he went for really backfired and also it starts to show some character development in Keima. The Kasuga sisters, Yui, Tsukiyo and of cause Nagase Sensei what kind of romance story without a teacher getting involved -_-
Old 2011-05-10, 10:45   Link #237
Westlo
Lets be reality

They won't get to Tenri unless they've got rid of Tsukiyo's arc to get her in @ the end of the season (surprise!). Really haqua's arc should've been the end of s1 and Tenri's the end of s2.. I don't recall anything that would've prevented them putting Haqua before Kusunoki, you just change the figure from 5 to 4, also Tenri's isn't effected if you put it forward 3-4 captures...

Quote:
Uh Bakemonogatari's final 3 episodes are pretty much disc only and those events are the end of it and you have... like 8 novels that take place after it and will eventually be animated.

OreNo as well has extra episodes after the tv airing that are canon, the second season will ignore the made up tv ending and follow those episodes.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-05-11 at 04:38.
Old 2011-05-10, 14:01   Link #238
Jimmy C

Well, that's not good practice, which is why you don't see it happen too often.
Old 2011-05-11, 04:38   Link #239
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Well, that's not good practice, which is why you don't see it happen too often.
Bakemonogatari's the most successful tv anime aside from Eva and Mobile Suit Gundam. OreNo is one of the best sellers of recent years... didn't exactly hurt them.. if anything those volumes sold more... at least for Bake.. OreNo's hasn't been sold yet.
Old 2011-05-11, 04:56   Link #240
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Bakemonogatari's the most successful tv anime aside from Eva and Mobile Suit Gundam. OreNo is one of the best sellers of recent years... didn't exactly hurt them.. if anything those volumes sold more... at least for Bake.. OreNo's hasn't been sold yet.
I don't think Bakemonogatari sales (especially those eps that showed on TV) have anything to do with how they sell the final 3 episodes. It was success because it's good. In fact i think some hypes were lost due to how they did it

So I agree with Jimmy C, that's not a good practice. But i agree Haqua and Tenri arc should be the end of S1 and 2 respectively