Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-14, 02:54   Link #28181
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That bolded line is subjective fantasy with no stats to back it up.

Sorry, Sumeragi, but rather than striking at the core, that bolded part tells me you are missing the entire page. Try that with a bunch of medical people around and see if you can get out of the room without being laughed out or scalped.
Sure, because they'll be laughing at you, or at least in East Asia. Why don't you try bringing up some numbers? Try reading this for starters for the situation in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They should catch horrible diseases or forcibly have children. No pills, no education, no exceptions if the condom breaks or the birth control pill has a statistical failure rate. Even ectopic pregnancies (almost certain death) or other risky medical conditions aren't acceptable. Even better the women should just shut up and do what the men demand. There's some old books that say so.
Contraceptives exist for a reason. There are the emergency pills. Thereare also the risky medical conditions which require abortion. The problem is, how many abortions are done because the first two haven't been done or done improperly and the third condition does not exist? As it turns out, that's the majority.

Basically, all I'm seeing is a biased view of the situation in order to slam those who disagree with you. I know you're intelligent enough to actually go out and research, so perhaps you should try it before insulting others without knowing what is going on.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:43   Link #28182
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm pretty sure that even the most flawless and perfect utopia cannot stop teenagers from being stupid, short of uploading a preset behavioral programming, and then we'd stop being humans and just be biological robots.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:46   Link #28183
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm pretty sure that even the most flawless and perfect utopia cannot stop teenagers from being stupid, short of uploading a preset behavioral programming, and then we'd stop being humans and just be biological robots.
That is nature too. To have a small bunch of people make mistakes and set an example for the rest of us to avoid.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:49   Link #28184
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
If you really want to reduce the necessity of abortion, improve education. Make science-based sex education mandatory for every student, not something they can be pulled out of for religious objections. Let the states know in no uncertain terms that "abstinence-only education" is not sufficient.

Then stop, stop, STOP trying to limit access to contraceptives.

Do that and I bet you'll see abortions go down sharply.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:51   Link #28185
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Here in the Philippines we're seeing a growing number of reproductive age women who have started taking contraceptive pills both as a form of maintenance and the typical morning after Levonorgestrel pills.

For patient information, I'd just point interested parties to the growing use of intramuscular depot injections of contraceptives done monthly to bimonthly. It's also worth noting that contraceptives have become much cheaper in the last 10 years, but sometimes still not cheap enough for developing countries.

What scares me personally is that some groups, not only here but worldwide, are actually demanding that doctors be legally compelled to perform abortions. Right now the ethical stand is that a doctor has the option to decline performing an abortion if it goes against his own personal code of ethics and thereby required to pass on the task to another willing doctor. If the time comes when, legally, a doctor HAS to perform an abortion whether he likes to or not... well...

I'm not an OB, and I'm not trained to perform abortions, but my personal stand as a practitioner is absolute NO to elective abortions. If I ever have to, only abortions with a real and legitimate medical indication to perform one. If they want to fuck 24/7 without the risk of pregnancy, they better handle for precautions rather than outcomes, because potential human lives are in the latter.

Of course they could always medically induce abortion by downing say a few tabs of Misoprostol, but hey their choice if they want to possibly bleed to death in the process.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:00   Link #28186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
If you really want to reduce the necessity of abortion, improve education. Make science-based sex education mandatory for every student, not something they can be pulled out of for religious objections. Let the states know in no uncertain terms that "abstinence-only education" is not sufficient.

Then stop, stop, STOP trying to limit access to contraceptives.

Do that and I bet you'll see abortions go down sharply.
Not all medication is complication proof, less being said for self-medication. There are people who screw up the process of even the most basic contraception, while some people have their bodies reject it (and in certain cases, violently).

If contraceptives is all about IUD and condoms, it would be dangerous to populations because STDs cannot be prevented by any contraception, which only provides a slowdown effect. It gives an incentive for people to return to their feral breeding practices without a fear of pregnancy.

In short, I would believe that there has to be something that is in between. Neither way is the way to go without some logic and understanding of usages and practices from both sides.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:03   Link #28187
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'll just point out that we had a 38-page debate on abortion some four years ago, and there are good reasons why the thread was eventually shut down.

In other news:

Wartime sex slaves were necessary, says Osaka mayor
Quote:
Tokyo (May 14, Tue): Outspoken nationalist mayor Toru Hashimoto said the Japanese military's forced prostitution of Asian women before and during World War II was necessary to "maintain discipline" in the ranks and provide rest for soldiers who risked their lives in battle.

The comments made yesterday (May 13) are already raising ire in neighboring countries that bore the brunt of Japan's wartime aggression and that have long complained that Japan has failed to fully atone for wartime atrocities.

The young, brash mayor of Osaka — who is also co-leader of an emerging conservative political party — also told reporters that there wasn't clear evidence that the Japanese military coerced women to become what are euphemistically called "comfort women".

"To maintain discipline in the military, it must have been necessary at that time," said Mr Hashimoto. "For soldiers who risked their lives in circumstances where bullets are flying around like rain and wind, if you want them to get some rest, a comfort women system was necessary. That's clear to anyone."

Historians say up to 200,000 women, mainly from the Korean Peninsula and China, were forced to provide sex for Japanese soldiers in military brothels.

AP
Old 2013-05-14, 04:06   Link #28188
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'll just point out that we had a 38-page debate on abortion some four years ago, and there are good reasons why the thread was eventually shut down.
Thanks for the heads-up about how some topics can result in people doing minelaying, whether they know about it or not.

Old 2013-05-14, 04:15   Link #28189
kyp275
Meh

Yea... maybe for an undisciplined as fuck army. To say that comfort women in ww2 is OK would be like saying it was also ok for those japanese women to be assaulted by US service members, but somehow I doubt you'll hear him say that.

People like him should be run over by semi trucks, repeatedly.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:16   Link #28190
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Yea... maybe for an undisciplined as fuck army. To say that comfort women in ww2 is OK would be like saying it was also ok for those japanese women to be assaulted by US service members, but somehow I doubt you'll hear him say that.

People like him should be run over by semi trucks, repeatedly.
Give him a break. He is probably those herbivores who never had the gut to serve.

Old 2013-05-14, 04:24   Link #28191
Seitsuki
Onee!

I can understand the Middle East, Koreas etc but why do so many SE Asian countries practice conscription/service? National character? In case of a fight?
Old 2013-05-14, 04:27   Link #28192
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I can understand the Middle East, Koreas etc but why do so many SE Asian countries practice conscription/service? National character? In case of a fight?
Most of their industries are moving towards service-types, which women have a greater advantage than men as charm and communication are more prevalent traits in females than males.

The conscription keep the men in "fighting form" so they don't relapse into a "herbivorous" state, which is bad for society in general.

Or at least that is what I observed anyway.

Old 2013-05-14, 04:33   Link #28193
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
China :P

well as you can see is only Mainline SE (Vietnam, Thailand, etc) that have conscription.(+ Philipnies since they have war and Singapore since they lack of manpower). while other is just selective based at most

Old 2013-05-14, 04:36   Link #28194
Seitsuki
Onee!

'China' + 'keep men in "fighting form" so they don't relapse...'

...you're coming over to ravish our women?? To arms!
Old 2013-05-14, 04:37   Link #28195
HasuMasu
*Artist

We have conscription in Philippines? I've not heard of that...
Old 2013-05-14, 04:38   Link #28196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Give him a break. He is probably those herbivores who never had the gut to serve.
I must have misplaced my standard issued comfort woman then.

Quote:
Otherwise we'll have more Saintess than we already do.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:40   Link #28197
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
'China' + 'keep men in "fighting form" so they don't relapse...'

...you're coming over to ravish our women?? To arms!
Taiwanese girls != & >>>>>>> PRC girls.

This is an opinion. Do not start some retarded flame war about Taiwan being part of PRC.

Old 2013-05-14, 04:41   Link #28198
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Otherwise we'll have more Saintess than we already do.
isnt that Conscription is what make Saintess is Saintess that we knew. if there is no conscription in SG. Saintess probably be successful bussinessman

Old 2013-05-14, 04:42   Link #28199
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
We have conscription in Philippines? I've not heard of that...
ROTC and CAT? Reserve Officers? Manny Pacquio is a Reserved General....
Old 2013-05-14, 04:43   Link #28200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
isnt that Conscription is what make Saintess is Saintess that we knew. if there is no conscription in SG. Saintess probably be successful bussinessman
Erm no I would probably be some emo kid with no self-esteem and confidence.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international