AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-30, 05:02   Link #61
kaeli

I went through the sketches on the main page, and have see nothing that was not from the manga. All seiyuu so far have been credited with characters who were in the manga, too. In other words, so far I have seen nothing to suggest that it won't be an exact adaptation.
Only time will tell, of course.
Old 2006-10-02, 18:50   Link #62
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeli
I hope this isn't a case where the first episode has really good animation and the rest of the show never lives up to the first episode in terms of good animation.
Old 2006-10-04, 01:40   Link #63
coba

I am just curious: is it true that Busou Renkin manga isn't completed / the ending is rushed ?
Thank you
Old 2006-10-04, 01:52   Link #64
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coba
I am just curious: is it true that Busou Renkin manga isn't completed / the ending is rushed ?
Thank you
The ending wasn't complete in it's weekly serialization form, but it got an extra ending chapter in the last tankoubon/volume release that ended Busou Renkin...nicely, even if cliche.

Yes, BR was rushed because it's lack of popularity caused a need for the manga to be ended pre-maturely. Thankfully, it ended much better than what most pre-maturely ended mangas got. Much better than Waq Waq, Kain and Bullet, if I must say so myself.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-04, 07:21   Link #65
kaeli

It even got three special chapters, actually. Busou Renkin Final and Busou Renkin Period were released in Akamaru Jump issues, and Busou Renkin After (really just a small sidestory to explain a bit about Tokiko's past) was released in the tankoubon only.
The ending itself did not feel rushed to me, but the part directly before that, circa volumes 8 and 9, did feel a bit rushed - if only because there were characters that I'd liked to have got to know better.
Old 2006-10-04, 08:24   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

2 and a half hours till the show starts... o_o
Old 2006-10-04, 09:56   Link #67
kaeli

Oh, you're counting the hours, too? ^^
Old 2006-10-04, 16:46   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 1 raw

This is not a genre I watch, but I thought this was a good first episode. Liked the look. Liked the characters. Liked the weird weaponry. And loved Hirano Aya as the imouto. She's the reason I watched and I was glad she had a fairly prominent role. It's interesting to hear her doing a comparatively normal style of voice, but with the sharp energy that is all her own. Her "wakatta" around 5:20 was a classic. The brother-sister relationship (arms totally platonically around shoulders) and the hero-heroine relationship were well done, imho. Connoisseurs of this genre may have more basis for judgment, but I enjoyed the episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-10-04, 22:10   Link #69
Srin Tuar
無謀

Im not a fan of pseudo technological magic kind of shows either, but this one was surprisingly fun to watch.

The brother sister interaction was very well done. (Many shows club that by making sibilings on good terms seem either incestuous or saccharine)

My only complaint would be the rushing of everything (inevivitable in the first episode I guess) and the fact that the badguys seemed like totally nondescript blobs of miscellaneous bad-guy-stuff.
Old 2006-10-04, 22:30   Link #70
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
My only complaint would be the rushing of everything (inevivitable in the first episode I guess) and the fact that the badguys seemed like totally nondescript blobs of miscellaneous bad-guy-stuff.
You sure don't have to worry about that aspect of the series. Just wait a little; Busou Renkin has some really creative, in fact overall fantastic villains
Old 2006-10-04, 23:02   Link #71
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
You sure don't have to worry about that aspect of the series. Just wait a little; Busou Renkin has some really creative, in fact overall fantastic villains

Creative
is undeniable....but I wouldn't go so far to say fantastic. Most felt really shallow to me, with an exception or 2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-04, 23:11   Link #72
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And loved Hirano Aya as the imouto. She's the reason I watched and I was glad she had a fairly prominent role. It's interesting to hear her doing a comparatively normal style of voice, but with the sharp energy that is all her own. Her "wakatta" around 5:20 was a classic.
Personally the reason why I actually watched this episode instead of just skimming through it (shounen fighting isn't really my genre) was the "bu-haa~" at around 5:00.

"Oh, it looks like Haruhi just finished her drink... wait, WHAT?"
Old 2006-10-05, 01:02   Link #73
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

NOOO!!! No opening for first episode?
Old 2006-10-05, 02:16   Link #74
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

From the looks of the next episode, it seems they're gonna rush through the series pretty fast.
10 volumes of Shounen Jump battle manga in 26 episodes... I hope they do it well.

I couldn't help but think Haruhi when I hear Mahiro's voice.
I think it's gonna take a long time before we stop associating Hirano's voice with her.

It's pretty funny how a lot of people kept commenting "Otome-san's rip off!" in jikkyo threads... when in fact, it's the other way around. Tokiko san came first.

とっきゅん萌え(;´Д`)ハァハァ
Old 2006-10-05, 03:36   Link #75
kaeli

Quote:
Considering that they did put two chapters into one episode, a rushed feeling probably really could not be entirely avoided.
Although I did not experience it like that - I'm surprised about this, but most dialogue scenes were there, if rearranged... there aren't really any scenes I feel are missing.

But the first bad guys are nothing to go crazy over, right; there will be some who kind of make up for this. Without naming names... XD

As a mindless fan, I'm pleased.
Old 2006-10-05, 05:54   Link #76
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Just finished watching it. A great first episode. I got hooked immediately. I really like Kazuki's posing and 'cling' shining teeth. I guess 2 chapters as one episode is reasonable since the first chapter can't be made into an entire episode. But I really hope that Kazuki first uses his Busou Renkin when he fights the snake instead of gorilla. Overall, well done. Good ending song too
Old 2006-10-05, 18:11   Link #77
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Hmm...I don't like episode 1 much. It's too cliche and the characters are too bland.

Also,
Spoiler for ep 1:

I think I'll drop it.
Old 2006-10-10, 15:59   Link #78
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Kyuu released the first episode!

Now for the episode itself, hmmmm. Is it just me or is this series trying to be subtle in skewing the shounen action genre (I noticed after Kazuki charges and kills that monster, he comically crashes into the wall in the process )?

I was a bit surprised at the rather healthy relationship he and his sister Mahiro had; I don't think it was TOO incestuous. And is Tokiko going to be Kazuki's love interest?
Old 2006-10-10, 16:12   Link #79
Kisuke06
I see...

The first episode wasn't bad in my opinion. It wasn't anything amazing, but I liked. Kazuki looks like a good character, a very funny one.

But one thing I didn't like that much was the weapons. Tokiko's weapond is just weird, and Kazuki's weapon would be better if it was a sword, not a spear IMO.
Old 2006-10-10, 16:26   Link #80
kaeli

Kazuki's weapon fits his style. Simple, blunt, just charge.

Quote:
Is it just me or is this series trying to be subtle in skewing the shounen action genre (I noticed after Kazuki charges and kills that monster, he comically crashes into the wall in the process )?
There are a few moments like this in the manga, and I hope they'll make their way into the anime... It plays a bit with the conventions, and makes fun of a few things that Watsuki himself used to do a lot in Rurouni Kenshin, like yelling out attack names.

Quote:
I was a bit surprised at the rather healthy relationship he and his sister Mahiro had; I don't think it was TOO incestuous.
It's funny how when discussing anime, people seem to consider incest to be some sort of default situation for siblings... XD Not Kazuki and Mahiro, though.
We have the Hayasaka twins for that...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen