Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 17:45   Link #4381
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
The wiki pages said that the story and script are Sumizawa (we can blame all retcons and bloopers on him... he really should know the story better then the fans. And if he wants to change it, don't contradict YOURSELF!!!) and art direction is Tomofumi Ogasawara (he gets partial blamed simply because it's his job to make sure that stuff like this doesn't happen. Step it up Mr. Director!).
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. But now I'm confused. How come GoL is pretty much on the sane and awesome side while FT has cross-dressing scientists and Disney Princess pilots when both stories are written by the same guy?
Are there multiple Sumizawas?

And now that you mention it, I read through the character sheets of the AC pilots on the wikia and man, the pages are full of bull. Someone should fix that mess.

Quote:
LOL! No silly! The bar isn't running through the lion's head at all! It's a visual cue that (for the most part) I've seen only happen in manga. You're supposed to assume that the bar goes all the way through and is there in front of the character (in this case, the lion). It 'disappears' like that simply because the character's expression/face is the main focus of the panel, and if you drew in the bar it would obscure said facial expression. I'm pretty sure that this has also appeared in Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin... I'd have to search for pages and panels later when I'm more awake.
I can't remember seeing it in Naruto and I have no idea if it's in Rurouni Kenshin cause I haven't read that (shame, I know) but hey, visual cue is definitely better than a holo lion or holo bars. xD The latter would be kinda dangerous...

Quote:
Can we just chuck all inconsistencies to magic?
Magic and drugs. Lots of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Glory Ch.20 is out now I'll take a crack at Frozen once I scoot the compilation volume of Crossbone Ghost out!
Well, I'll be... Thanks for the chap, Deacon! Suddenly GoL got insanely interesting.

I really wanna know what happens next now. Is Heero going to pull a Sylvia Noventa on Relena? Is Relena going to pull an Une on Heero? (probs not) Or will it be completely jumbled and Relena will be the one pointing the gun while Heero asks for a dance..?
Okay the last one is highly unlikely but I'd still pay good money to see that, if only for the lulz. I'm also surprised that Duo knows about it.

By the way, was anyone else laughing at Trowa and Wu Fei sitting around their campfire and being all depressed? Seriously, what's Trowa's problem? If he had wanted to kill Treize, he could've done it. Just ram the dang plane into the ship, no big. And how did he pick up Wu Fei anyway? Last time we saw him he was flying away from the battle.

This manga.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 20:39   Link #4382
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post

By the way, was anyone else laughing at Trowa and Wu Fei sitting around their campfire and being all depressed? Seriously, what's Trowa's problem? If he had wanted to kill Treize, he could've done it. Just ram the dang plane into the ship, no big. And how did he pick up Wu Fei anyway? Last time we saw him he was flying away from the battle.

This manga.
Sweetie, that scene's on the series, actually. And Katherine makes them soup, also. Remember?

The only difference is the Barton foundation part.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:22   Link #4383
Sommer
Hobbit

Call me a jerk but in the series when Mr.Darlian died I laughed my ass off, but this GOL chapter made me fell kinda bad for poor Relena( and Treize too)
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 00:15   Link #4384
FalsePrime

You're not alone.

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for either Relena or Darlin and was just thinking how I really hoped they didn't drag out his death to long.

Haven't read that section to see if it's done any better.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 04:42   Link #4385
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post
Sweetie, that scene's on the series, actually. And Katherine makes them soup, also. Remember?

There are more differences, actually. In the series Trowa participated in the battle during the Treize assassination and held off pretty much the entire army while Wu Fei was trying to take down Treize.
In the manga though he only snatched a plane and flew off. No ramming it into ships and busting out Heavyarms and blowing stuff up. The most he does is fly up to Wu Fei and ask him if he got Treize. When he doesn't answer, Trowa goes "I understand. Let's just drop it." And that's it.

I know the campfire scene is part of the series but I can't help but laugh. Trowa has no reason to mope. Had he wanted to, he could've done some damage. Or the least he could've done is say he was out of ammo and fuel or something, hence why he didn't attack Treize.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:29   Link #4386
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:49   Link #4387
Sommer
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
You're not alone.

I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for either Relena or Darlin and was just thinking how I really hoped they didn't drag out his death to long.

Haven't read that section to see if it's done any better.
But to be fair, without counting Episode Zero and Endless Waltz, the only character that make feel sympathy in the series was Wufei.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 12:37   Link #4388
FalsePrime

Quote:
Spoiler:
Not the worst chapter.

Some of it just feels off though, like the events that are happening are alright but the little details just aren't quite right.

Specifically some of the words that are used seem really odd given the situation.
Old 2012-06-01, 20:16   Link #4389
Ferhb

Quote:

I know the campfire scene is part of the series but I can't help but laugh. Trowa has no reason to mope. Had he wanted to, he could've done some damage. Or the least he could've done is say he was out of ammo and fuel or something, hence why he didn't attack Treize.
Maybe he was upset because OZ tricked them?

Spoiler for GoL:

Quote:
Not the worst chapter.

Some of it just feels off though, like the events that are happening are alright but the little details just aren't quite right.

Specifically some of the words that are used seem really odd given the situation.
I didn't quite get who said the last line in the end.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:23   Link #4390
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

It's Quatre, he's still talking. I stopped in the middle of a section since I was falling asleep (and probably why it reads so strangely haha)

Edit: I'm fixing some of that other stuff on my end but the more of this I do the more i'm like blaaaah make it stop.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-06-02 at 09:45.
Old 2012-06-02, 13:38   Link #4391
Eeni

Quote:
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. But now I'm confused. How come GoL is pretty much on the sane and awesome side while FT has cross-dressing scientists and Disney Princess pilots when both stories are written by the same guy?
Are there multiple Sumizawas?
There were 3 script writers for GundamWing, remember? GoL is (as we all know) a retelling of an already existing story... pretty hard to f-up, but Sumizawa has accepted that challenge XD
The other two writers were Akemi Omode (writer for Blind Target) and Katsuhiko Chiba (writer for Battle of Pacifist). And every now and then others (whom I don't know who they are) wrote scripts for the series. But anywho, Sumizawa, Omode, and Chiba seemed to keep one another in check. Sumizawa on his own is running a mock and writing strange stories...

Quote:
I can't remember seeing it in Naruto and I have no idea if it's in Rurouni Kenshin cause I haven't read that (shame, I know) but hey, visual cue is definitely better than a holo lion or holo bars. xD The latter would be kinda dangerous...
I tired to find them... but I guess I remembered things wrong. opps....

Quote:

LOL! This part cracked me up! "supplies from the foundation have stopped!"!?!?!? Seriously? How long did it take for the Barton Foundation to realize that things weren't going according to plan!?!?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-06-02 at 17:01.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 17:34   Link #4392
FalsePrime

Quote:
It's Quatre, he's still talking. I stopped in the middle of a section since I was falling asleep (and probably why it reads so strangely haha)

Edit: I'm fixing some of that other stuff on my end but the more of this I do the more i'm like blaaaah make it stop.
At this point I would say you should probably just drop it.

I really don't think it's that bad, given how many voices and different feels the series has had, at least GoL is doing a half decent job of trying to have everything happen in one timeline instead of having things be disjointed and so many things causing issues with one another.

That said, it just really seems like you aren't really enjoying either GoL or FT and while the selfish part of me wants it to keep going, I think you given up enough of your time for all of us losers who can't read it and you can finally stp torturing yourself.
Old 2012-06-02, 21:42   Link #4393
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
At this point I would say you should probably just drop it.

I really don't think it's that bad, given how many voices and different feels the series has had, at least GoL is doing a half decent job of trying to have everything happen in one timeline instead of having things be disjointed and so many things causing issues with one another.

That said, it just really seems like you aren't really enjoying either GoL or FT and while the selfish part of me wants it to keep going, I think you given up enough of your time for all of us losers who can't read it and you can finally stp torturing yourself.
Oh I don't mind Glory... Wing was my baby growing up haha. I have an obligation to do that manga. As for the novel, parts of the dialogue make me scratch my head and I'm not sure wtf he's talking about (yes, I'll admit it). I'll plug away somehow.

Old 2012-06-02, 21:47   Link #4394
FalsePrime

Got to say I'm happy that you will stick with it.

It just seems like at times you are so over the whole thing and I almost feel guilty when some of us get excited about it. Then again with lines like "But, we're rather busy on our side too ya know." coming from a Gov Body when talking to a terroritst/kidnapper I can't say I blame to overly much.

That is the kinda shit that just made me wish they would go cheese mecha and never try to do anything serious because it sounds so terrible.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:28   Link #4395
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Haha the comm is closed at that point... it's merely a thinking aloud line if you would :P That and, well... Sally isn't exactly using formal Japanese when dealing with the terrorists either (as indicated by discussing closing the wireless comm the way she did).

As for Glory, it's the first manga chapter I translate when I get Ace, so I guess that says something :P

Old 2012-06-05, 08:51   Link #4396
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
LOL! This part cracked me up! "supplies from the foundation have stopped!"!?!?!? Seriously? How long did it take for the Barton Foundation to realize that things weren't going according to plan!?!?
Maybe Trowa and Doktor S hid the real Trowa's body and the former launched in Heavyarms right after that.

At least Sumisawa has rectified this part of the story, somewhat. It never made much sense for the Barton Foundation to essentially allow Trowa and S to get away with the real Trowa's death like they did in the series. We never even saw the discussion Dekim and Trowa had to have had before Trowa was allowed to join Mariemaia's army.

The new chapters are much appreciated as always, Deacon.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:22   Link #4397
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Maybe Trowa and Doktor S hid the real Trowa's body and the former launched in Heavyarms right after that.

At least Sumisawa has rectified this part of the story, somewhat. It never made much sense for the Barton Foundation to essentially allow Trowa and S to get away with the real Trowa's death like they did in the series. We never even saw the discussion Dekim and Trowa had to have had before Trowa was allowed to join Mariemaia's army.

The new chapters are much appreciated as always, Deacon.
On that I agree. I didn't expect for either of them to escape Dekim's wrath scott free. And, like you, I would LOVE to know what Trowa said or did in order to be allowed to join Mariemaia's army later on.

Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..? Anyways, even if Dekim believed that his son Trowa was alive and carrying out the plan accordingly he would have had to realized that the other 4 pilots (and crew) mutinied. So why continue to send supplies to them? I always assumed that he had realized right off the bat that something went wrong and that's why he didn't go through with dropping the colony.

Now I wonder how Lady Une is going to get her hands on Dok S...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:42   Link #4398
Ferhb

Quote:
On that I agree. I didn't expect for either of them to escape Dekim's wrath scott free. And, like you, I would LOVE to know what Trowa said or did in order to be allowed to join Mariemaia's army later on.

Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..? Anyways, even if Dekim believed that his son Trowa was alive and carrying out the plan accordingly he would have had to realized that the other 4 pilots (and crew) mutinied. So why continue to send supplies to them? I always assumed that he had realized right off the bat that something went wrong and that's why he didn't go through with dropping the colony.

OMG, you're so right! This series have so many details that we forget about the most basic ones...

I never asked myself, anyway, how they payed for all the damage to the MS, and rebuilding and so on. How did they do that?
Heero hacked the systems, we know that, but you can't fool a mechanic!
Old 2012-06-05, 16:46   Link #4399
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Here you go.

Spoiler for EW manga:

Quote:
Getting back to why I found the suspension of supplies hilarious, wasn't the plan to have the gundams descend to earth and wreak havoc and then drop a colony? Or was it the other way around..?
The other way around lol.

Quote:
I never asked myself, anyway, how they payed for all the damage to the MS, and rebuilding and so on. How did they do that?
Heero hacked the systems, we know that, but you can't fool a mechanic!
Hmm, it's not as impossible as it seems. When Wing was first damaged, Heero was helped out by Duo (more or less). After that OZ repaired it every time it needed repairing. As far as ammo goes, he could've bought it easily seeing as his hacking skills allowed for any sum of money to surface out of nowhere.

Duo had Howard backing him and Quatre is filthy rich and had the Maguanacs, so no problem there either. Wu Fei's Gundam never took any significant damage while on Earth. The only thing he needed to worry about was fuel for his beloved flamethrower. xD Besides, I remember EZ showing him receiving a family heirloom to sell for ammo.

That leaves Trowa. He destroyed the Dover Base and attacked the Corsica Base before joining Quatre and getting his suit repaired and replenished. After that it was New Edwards and later the Treize assassination, which showed him fighting the Cancer MS with Heavyarms' knife (which could very well be taken as a sign that he was out of ammo). Assuming he needs ammo at that point, it's not implausible to think that he still has the money first given to him. After all, it would be kinda stupid to send soldiers to Earth without any cash. So that could cover his "self-destruct show." From then on he travels with Heero and gets involved in one battle (in Marseilles) before flying to Antarctica and getting likely resupplied there yet again. After that he returns to space, leaving his suit on Earth.

Well, you have to make up some stuff but it's possible.

By the way, does anyone know what happened in the chapter before the Preventer 5 stuff? You know, the one with Sabrina and Katrina with their masks on the cover. I can't find a summary for that one. Not that I'm blaming anyone. I think we all drew the line with Sorcière.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:22   Link #4400
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks for the scan, Ikuze. Well, Trowa and Dekim's chat went much smoother than I would have thought.

Quote:

To Dekim, even with him knowing Operation Meteor wasn't going to go according to plan, helping his son (according to his knowledge) and Heavyarms do as much damage as possible may have been good enough. Also, I think Trowa was the only pilot receiving supplies. As we saw in previous GoL chapters, the only major component Heero needed was buster rifle cartridges. Quatre had tons of support on Earth. Duo had Howard. And Shenlong appeared to be relatively low-maintenance.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2012-06-10 at 18:27.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing