AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 22:13   Link #2741
OmniDragon

Heres the right side of the color picture that was cut off in an earlier post.
Spoiler for :
OmniDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:49   Link #2742
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon
Its clearly stated in the novels that Yuji loves Shana. He said his only goal was to be together with her. I think Yuji did something similar with his hand in vol 16 but Shana din't understand and thought it was something bad but later realized that it was Yuji's love for her.

There won't be a release date for XXII for awhile.
I didn't know... In the anime he looks like he likes both Yoshida and Shana, and doesn't know who he really loves, specially in SnS II. Sometimes I thought he didn't really love any of them. I really hope SnS III is better than II,
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 22:58   Link #2743
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, in the Anime Original of the "Statue of Pride" Yuji did say that he wanted to protect Shana more, which made it quite obvious who he was "going" to choose that Christmas Eve till the event occurred. But mostly throughout the series, it was just the constant love fighting for Yuji's affection..
Old 2010-11-18, 00:26   Link #2744
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I didn't know... In the anime he looks like he likes both Yoshida and Shana, and doesn't know who he really loves, specially in SnS II. Sometimes I thought he didn't really love any of them. I really hope SnS III is better than II,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, in the Anime Original of the "Statue of Pride" Yuji did say that he wanted to protect Shana more, which made it quite obvious who he was "going" to choose that Christmas Eve till the event occurred. But mostly throughout the series, it was just the constant love fighting for Yuji's affection..
As I've mentioned before in this thread, Vol16 Ch3 stated Yuji has chosen Shana as the one he loves, and the one he wants to be with. It's partly the reason he kidnapped her in the 1st place, in addition to her being in contract with Alastor.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 05:44   Link #2745
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
In the Anime, I find it quite obvious that he is going to choose Shana.
The last scene is where you get to see Shana turning and smiling towards the camera, where we can guess that Yuji has arrived to meet her which is why she is so happy.
I don't know how people are going to put what happened in the novels into the anime. It seems that it is going to follow the novel more wholey now as well.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 16:17   Link #2746
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
In the Anime, I find it quite obvious that he is going to choose Shana.
The last scene is where you get to see Shana turning and smiling towards the camera, where we can guess that Yuji has arrived to meet her which is why she is so happy.
I don't know how people are going to put what happened in the novels into the anime. It seems that it is going to follow the novel more wholey now as well.
I'm still confused though.. The ending to Season II was just leaving me in questions, was it really Yuji that Shana saw? Or was it just her imagination, or something to spice up our opinions?
Old 2010-11-18, 17:37   Link #2747
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves:
I'm still confused though.. The ending to Season II was just leaving me in questions, was it really Yuji that Shana saw? Or was it just her imagination, or something to spice up our opinions?
Maybe was Yuji's imagination... maybe he thought how her reaction would be when he reached the Christmas tree... I don't know, but since the first time I saw the SnS II finale I was puzzled by the footsteps vanishing in the snow.
Old 2010-11-18, 19:26   Link #2748
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
As I've mentioned before in this thread, Vol16 Ch3 stated Yuji has chosen Shana as the one he loves, and the one he wants to be with. It's partly the reason he kidnapped her in the 1st place, in addition to her being in contract with Alastor.
Ain't it also the reason why Yuji merged with SoF in the first place? I think I remember something about Yuji saying that he hasn't found a way to truly protect Shana and thats when SoF appeared.
Old 2010-11-18, 21:11   Link #2749
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Ain't it also the reason why Yuji merged with SoF in the first place? I think I remember something about Yuji saying that he hasn't found a way to truly protect Shana and thats when SoF appeared.
Yuji technically didn't say that right in that part, but he did thought about ways to save Shana but not managing to find one in earlier parts. Yuji had even told Alastor once if what it takes to protect Shana is stopping the war between Flame Hazes and the denizens then he'll find a way to do it, even if Alastor treated it as a joke at the time. Alastor reacted in horror as Yuji's promise to save Shana ended up as foreshadowing of him allying with SoF and as their enemy in Vol16 Ch3.

Here's the Chinese version from Vol14 Ch3, where Yuji is taken by the SoF:

Spoiler:

SoF showed up and offered Yuji what desired the most, saying Yuji is the only human worthy to be his partner.

Yuji was taken without given a chance to refuse, but in Vol16 Ch3, Yuji stated he accepted SoF's offer to an alliance, so he can save Shana from the fate of all other Flame Hazes who live out their lives as nothing but tools of the Kings of Fuzes as they fight the denizens, and dying in the process with ultimately nothing changing as the world continues to be devoured.

SoF's convinced Yuji his revival as the Creator God and the creation of a new world are the best way to save Shana, and Yuji agreed.
Old 2010-11-18, 22:02   Link #2750
OmniDragon

If someone could translate the chinese that would be great.

What novel did Yuji say that to Alastor?

I wonder if Yuji knew SoF was the leader of Bal Masque when he agreed. Yuji really shouldn't agree to people who just pop up outta nowhere so easily. Especially when they take you away against your will. I guess when Shana finally reaches through to Yuji she will have to convince him that SoF's plans are not good.
Old 2010-11-19, 12:41   Link #2751
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally posted by OmniDragon:
I wonder if Yuji knew SoF was the leader of Bal Masque when he agreed. Yuji really shouldn't agree to people who just pop up outta nowhere so easily. Especially when they take you away against your will. I guess when Shana finally reaches through to Yuji she will have to convince him that SoF's plans are not good.
She will have to do that, but it won't easy... Yuji only wanted to help her, that's why he didn't think it was or wasn't a good idea. Anyway, everyone know playing with world is dangerous
Old 2010-11-19, 12:59   Link #2752
OmniDragon

Maybe even harder for Shana now that Pheles is around. Pheles could end up making things worse than they already are.
Old 2010-11-19, 18:57   Link #2753
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Either Yuji actually fulfill his plans and creates a peace between the denizens and the Flame Hazes, then it will all turn out just dandy. Even after having to fight all these other Flame Hazes (especially Shana) its just making Yuji blind on all other ways to stop this from happening. Isnt SoF just "using" Yuji, and promised him some stuff that he knew would make him accept? Or was he actually kinda nice to Yuji, since he was the "only" human worthy of being his partner, that fact alone made SoF actually want to help Yuji.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:15   Link #2754
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Snakey is more like Lelouch. He wants a world without the present conflict, however, he is not afraid to lose some lives in both sides just to fulfill what he wants.

Also, to note, Snake is a Crimson God, so he would be innately biased towards the Crimson Realm.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 19:57   Link #2755
Senshigeia

I was wondering... is there any reference to Shana's past in the novels, before Shiro and Carmel-san found her?
Old 2010-11-19, 20:00   Link #2756
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I was wondering... is there any reference to Shana's past in the novels, before Shiro and Carmel-san found her?
Not that I know of... They just completely left her past blank to us (or just me since I never read that in the novel's that were translated)
Old 2010-11-19, 20:24   Link #2757
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not sure if this is anime original, but she is shown to be with Wilhelmina since Shana is still little.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-11-19, 20:30   Link #2758
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not sure if this is anime original, but she is shown to be with Wilhelmina since Shana is still little.
The only Anime Originals that I know of are the endings for both seasons, and the arc where Hayate is a school-girl (or her alternative version... Or whatever that was...) and how Season 2 developed on that arc alone. So the thing with Wilhelmina, and Shana (before she got a contract with Alastor) was all part of the story, or thats what I think.
Old 2010-11-19, 22:50   Link #2759
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
If someone could translate the chinese that would be great.

What novel did Yuji say that to Alastor?

Translating into English from any language seems to be impossible. Whoever had the license asked BakaTsuki to stop and the project's been cancelled.

As for what novel... it's been ages since I've read that bit, so it'll take a while before I find it. Hope you can wait a day or two while I go flip through the novels again ^^;

And Yuji knew exactly who he was dealing with when he signed up. The Epilogue of Vol14 shows Bel Pore (the three eyed woman) welcoming back Yuji as SoF to their castle.
Old 2010-11-19, 23:02   Link #2760
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Shakugan no Shana Wiki's been suffering badly from Viz's licensing.
I really need someone who can help me fill up the info from the novels into the Wiki. Elf song's... I dunno what happened that has been stopping him from contributing, and well, I only have snippets of the entire novel.

I also want to read the entire effing thing, man.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen