AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 123 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-30, 18:04   Link #41
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Let's be honest here, the instant the story will return to focus on Claire and Priscilla will be the instant where Claymore will return once again to do very well in the rankings,everyone know it,surely even Yagi.
Well of course but Yagi wants to extend the story as much as he can. he wants to delay the Clare v. Priscilla match because that is probably going to be the final battle of Claymore.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2012-01-30, 18:15   Link #42
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
.....Well, yeah - normal warriors don't have exponential growth like Priscilla did; they aren't going to automatically become the strongest they ever theoritically could be in one go - they are just going to awaken on par with how powerful they currently were as warriors; a weak warrior is going to be a weak Awakened; Awakened Clarice isn't gonna suddenly snap Priscilla's neck off.
Ok, you're taking my example beyond extreme just to disprove it. I said nothing about a weakling gaining tons of power but about 2 warriors even Miata called strong and whom are also partially awakened.

Yes, there is a limit to the growth of a warriors power but when you get down to it Miria was just slightly slower/weaker than Hysteria and Deneve and Helen where just slightly weaker than Miria. So following that logic awakened Deneve, Helen and Miria with awakened legs (in the spoiler we where referring to in the discussion) isn't out of the relm of impossibility of taking on an awakened Hysteria and standing at least a ghost of a chance if not a pretty decent chance of pulling off a win.

Quote:
Pff, Death has really lost alot of it's substance lately hasn't it?
Yeah...

Spoiler for @Malak... pretty long:
Old 2012-01-30, 18:16   Link #43
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I kind of expect a return of the former Priscilla more than a final battle ever happening. If Priscilla is killed, what gets solved? Claymore could still go on since it's just another casualty. To show humanity persevere and win is the way I see Claymore ending. Judging by the way things are going at least. Even the anime spared Priscilla's life.

But really, I'd like to see Priscilla's actual abilities in action a lot more. I want to clearly see her fight at full potential and not some scenes of a bunch of random poking. That no effort feeling just makes her seem unskilled at times.
Old 2012-01-30, 18:29   Link #44
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Spoiler for rough translation.:
So the thing that I thought was nothing turned out to be the spoiler!! Well.. thanks Tom for the translation (because I tried google and didn't understand anything (maybe because English isn't my first language)).

But one thing I found strange: "A variety of one-sided battles" does that mean that there is another one sided battle (Raki's?).
Old 2012-01-30, 18:35   Link #45
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I think that would mean Hysteria quickly battling different characters, and putting them out of fighting condition.
Old 2012-01-30, 18:49   Link #46
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Well of course but Yagi wants to extend the story as much as he can. he wants to delay the Clare v. Priscilla match because that is probably going to be the final battle of Claymore.
Personally i doubt that would be the end (even if it's possible),Yagi could find tons of other ways to continue the story after that if he wants......or he could also find some way to let the fight between Claire and Prissy to end in a draw,with Claire that decides to give up on her duel to save her friends and maybe Prissy reverting back to her "innocent" personality,who knows,anything is possible atm.
Old 2012-01-30, 19:29   Link #47
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Ok, you're taking my example beyond extreme just to disprove it. I said nothing about a weakling gaining tons of power but about 2 warriors even Miata called strong and whom are also partially awakened.

Yes, there is a limit to the growth of a warriors power but when you get down to it Miria was just slightly slower/weaker than Hysteria and Deneve and Helen where just slightly weaker than Miria. So following that logic awakened Deneve, Helen and Miria with awakened legs (in the spoiler we where referring to in the discussion) isn't out of the relm of impossibility of taking on an awakened Hysteria and standing at least a ghost of a chance if not a pretty decent chance of pulling off a win.
*blink blink

Um, Ryus....who said I was disagreeing with you? I agree - I'm trying to give my point of view why ; the way I expressed myself may have seemed sarcastic, because it's a pretty simple topic (and you know me in how many times I've talked about Awakening like this )

As for Miria and the Ghosts chances of winning? Well, Miria is a No.1 in her own right, so it doesn't surprise me that a partially-awakened Miria actually looks like she is standing a chance...Deneve and Helen? Not so much since they are high single-digits at this point and certainly not No.1's....all 3 together though can definitely annoy the hell out of Hysteria and may get in some good hits if she's not careful. Outright defeat of Hysteria though, with all 3, will still undeniably have some luck involved.

Miria however, seems like she won't be participating in the fight like that anyway - even in the second H&D spoiler, it seemed like Miria was no longer fighting....the thing that gets me though about this spoiler we got just now, is that it makes it sound like Miria is still fighting Hysteria one-on-one and considered awakening, which is silly because, one, the other Ghosts are there now and shouldn't just sit around, and two, the idea of Miria going all out after just doing so and it wasn't such a good idea (may work, but too risky -- Jean's not around to sacrifice herself).....plus, Cynthia and Yuma are healing her right now and now she wants to go all out again?

The phrase "out of the frying pan and into the fire" comes to mind

I guess I can understand some sense of Deneve saying to Miria that she should fight as a human (even if I get the strong opinion that it has nothing to do with sense and rationale, and more about pride -__- ), but that just lowers her chances because base Miria vs Awakened Hysteria....Miria's chances of winning are still minimal....unless Deneve's implication of "human" means she can still partially-awaken and not only staying in her base form.

All of them are going to have to partially awaken to have a good sizable chance, but even then, Hysteria can no doubt simply just regenerate....I mean, she's an Awakened, An Abyssal, for crying out loud.....do they think just taking out her head is gonna kill her? Wrong -- they need to either be super-strong enough to actually threaten her in a single go (Priscilla-strong), or wittle her strength down little by little until she is on their level in which case, I doubt they still could win....I mean, the Feeders put Isley on his last legs litterally, and when Helen and Deneve tried to fight him, he was still way out of their league and wasn't even really doing anything but superficial damage.

Admittingly, they didn't try to partial-awaken, but the too many odds are still tipped in Hysteria's favor....it would undeniably have alot of luck on their side for any victory to be pulled off, and that would be the straw that breaks my camels back....no amount of extreme stupid luck that H&D have had up till now can suffice if Hysteria actually dies...

And why are they trying to fight her again, if I may say? Didn't they go just to get Miria back? Miria asked them to save as many people as possible, which is fine, but that just means they need to distract Hysteria as much as possible and not do everything they could to try to pull a miracle and actually kill her......no matter how I see it, this is all just out of their hands.

Let the AO's kill eachother, or maybe they don't.....either way, the AO's aren't even the real-problem in the grand scheme of things - it's the MiB's....get everyone out as much as possible and high-tail it out of there....from there, they can come up with a future plan to take care of the AO's in some way, assuming the MiB's don't just collect their flesh to sic the Eaters on them (which they undoubtedly will, especially considering that flesh from all 3 ZAOs by now have been cut)....really the best thing is to just get everyone they can to escape, and then wait and see what the next move should be --- not to be like Ophelia and mindlessly attack the Awakened like a shark who just saw red, just because they are Claymores and that's their job or whatever.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2012-01-30 at 19:45.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:05   Link #48
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
And why are they trying to fight her again, if I may say? Didn't they go just to get Miria back? Miria asked them to save as many people as possible, which is fine, but that just means they need to distract Hysteria as much as possible and not do everything they could to try to pull a miracle and actually kill her......no matter how I see it, this is all just out of their hands.

Let the AO's kill eachother, or maybe they don't.....either way, the AO's aren't even the real-problem in the grand scheme of things - it's the MiB's....get everyone out as much as possible and high-tail it out of there....from there, they can come up with a future plan to take care of the AO's in some way.
The easiest solution, remind Hysteria that she doesn't need to eat disgusting half-yoma flesh when the Org HQ is full of tasty humans and then while she's busy munching on MiB's they collect the survivors and high tail. Two birds with one stone.

Last edited by Dj0rel; 2012-01-30 at 20:15.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:19   Link #49
MalakTawus

@Ryus
Spoiler for too long:

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2012-01-30 at 21:07.
Old 2012-01-30, 23:46   Link #50
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for @Malak, Final reply... getting to be a dead conversation anyways (tried to keep my replies short though):

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-01-30 at 23:59.
Old 2012-01-30, 23:51   Link #51
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
...but on a less serious not do you think you opposed Gooral on that topic more than me? SagaraSouske? Shieky? etc...
Lord almighty, don't drag me into this Ryus >_<

It's a curse how every discussion somehow becomes a TvP debate ; we can be talking about chocolate pudding and it will become about those guys -_____-.
Old 2012-01-30, 23:53   Link #52
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
The easiest solution, remind Hysteria that she doesn't need to eat disgusting half-yoma flesh when the Org HQ is full of tasty humans and then while she's busy munching on MiB's they collect the survivors and high tail. Two birds with one stone.
But I want Miria to kill them ... or better yet Tabitha then kill herself over the guilt of murdering humans (Priscilla would do to... Dae: OMG the perfect monster! Priscilla: Guts! Dae: Rubel: ... that hurts! eat me faster and be done with it... Priscilla: [lets him slowly die and eats the MiB] [Clare shows up] Rubel: Figures she'd show up... now [dies])

Anyways as much as I'd like this to happen, I fear the warriors are too kind to do this. I'm literally baiting my breath for them to be captured alive and put on trail in the holy city...
Old 2012-01-31, 00:04   Link #53
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Anyways as much as I'd like this to happen, I fear the warriors are too kind to do this. I'm literally baiting my breath for them to be captured alive and put on trail in the holy city...
Then after the trial the question remains burn them at the stake or Impalement. Tough Choice.
Old 2012-01-31, 00:07   Link #54
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Anyways as much as I'd like this to happen, I fear the warriors are too kind to do this.
Don't bother; Priscilla will eat them all and, as Cyclone says, they will be saved from making a "difficult" choice, so they can stay nice, moral and preachy -___-

For crying out loud, one of them looks like Two-Face - I just don't understand how this dilemma even exists.
Old 2012-01-31, 00:09   Link #55
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Lord almighty, don't drag me into this Ryus >_<

It's a curse how every discussion somehow becomes a TvP debate ; we can be talking about chocolate pudding and it will become about those guys -_____-.
Me: Renee stole my chocolate pudding... whom should we send to catch her Teresa or Priscilla?

Nerd A: Teresa, she's stronger
Nerd B: Priscilla, she's stronger
[Nerd A and B get into debate]
Nerd C: Do you want the pudding back or just revenge?

Me: Has she eaten it all yet?

Nerd C: Yes, I mean no. Argh!!! [Falls into the pit of eternal peril... which means listening to another Teresa vs Priscilla debate for all eternity as you fall through the pit]

Me: Well, then I don't know either then... argh!!!! Why did I bring it up in the first place? [Falls into the pit of eternal peril]
Old 2012-01-31, 00:11   Link #56
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Then after the trial the question remains burn them at the stake or Impalement. Tough Choice.
Now where did I leave that coin? Oh, should we ask them to call it in the air just to be cruel?
Old 2012-01-31, 00:15   Link #57
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Now where did I leave that coin? Oh, should we ask them to call it in the air just to be cruel?
Ha the real answer was to take the third option do both at the same time!
Old 2012-01-31, 00:19   Link #58
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Ha the real answer was to take the third option do both at the same time!
Ok, I'll light them on fire while you preform the implantation surgery. Good luck with that.
Old 2012-01-31, 00:26   Link #59
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Lol not real sure how surgical these tools are. A sharpened wooden pole, a pike or a spear. But I digress after all the 4th option was better. Sacrifice the heatens to the almighty amorphous blob outside the town walls.
Old 2012-01-31, 00:26   Link #60
Nixl

Wow, looks like an interesting Miria, Helen, and Deneve chapter...

Just Kidding.

Another Miria, Helen, and Deneve chapter, *puts gun to head,*let's get this chapter over with.
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, dr. deneve, miria