AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-21, 16:56   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ga-rei -Zero-

Seems Ga-rei is getting animated...
Don't think there is a thread yet for this... (Or the search function just fails...)

From the New Announced Anime thread:

Spoiler for size:

I remember reading this a long time ago. Started reading it because it looked interesting. Turned out pretty average, so I continued reading it. Stopped reading after the first major arc because it was a bit disappointing (and the characters didn't interest me much either).

Unless the animation style if off somewhere, I'll definitely watch it though.

On a more random note, why does this get to be animated when Mirai Nikki doesn't...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:10   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

I read the first volume after NeoSam posted in that thread, I enjoyed what I saw and I'm looking forward to the anime version. As for Mirai Nikki... that's one manga adpation I don't want to see done until the manga is completed period. Thank god those Bee Train rumors ended up being false.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:17   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The fact that is falls under horror/supernatural piqued my curiousity. I dont follow the manga but hoping Ill enjoy the anime a bit.

btw I agree with Westlo on the Mirai Nikki anime adaptation, wait til the manga is done.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 17:29   Link #4
Kaijin
かいじん

Ah! Cool! I've been wanting to read the manga. I guess this will motivate me to actually start reading it after it's been on my "to read" list for more than a year
Old 2008-04-21, 17:52   Link #5
NeoSam

Hmm... I read a few chapters of the manga quite some time ago >.< (maybe in 2006 >.> I don't remember) anyway, I'm going to pick up the manga again, and see how the story goes in further chapters.

I usually like anime adaptations of "Shounen Ace" manga... so I'll of course be watching this.
Old 2008-04-21, 20:15   Link #6
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
OMG. I was hoping the scanlations would pick up pace in ga-rei. But, I never thought that they would animate this. The first and second arc are pretty good and the aftermath, but volume 5 was a bit of a let down with the fantastic first four volumes. I hope volume 6 will pick up pace.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 22:59   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As for Mirai Nikki... that's one manga adpation I don't want to see done until the manga is completed period. Thank god those Bee Train rumors ended up being false.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
btw I agree with Westlo on the Mirai Nikki anime adaptation, wait til the manga is done.
Yeah, guess so. The only thing I hope is that it won't take a long time (like 2.5 years) to get an anime adaption. Time isn't infinite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
OMG. I was hoping the scanlations would pick up pace in ga-rei. But, I never thought that they would animate this. The first and second arc are pretty good and the aftermath, but volume 5 was a bit of a let down with the fantastic first four volumes. I hope volume 6 will pick up pace.
Don't look forward to it (the scanlations). Ga-rei has been licensed, it seems, so all scanlation groups working on this has halted.

In the meantime, thanks to this anime announcement, I resumed my reading of this up to the end of volume 5.

Really... This thing doesn't feel much different from any typical "battle girl meets boy" story (and there are better ones like Buso Renkin), but I must admit, end of volume 4 to volume 5's beginning to half-way was the best I've seen of the series. Though the end of vol. 5 was seriously .
But this is the anime thread, so I'll stop here.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-24, 11:20   Link #8
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

This actually looks really interesting. I'm going to give it a shot.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 20:59   Link #9
NeoSam

The official site for the anime has opened:
http://www.ga-rei.jp/

Staff info:

Original Work: Segawa Hajime
Director: Aoki Ei
Series Composition: Takayama Katsuhiko
Character Design: Horiuchi Osamu
Executive Producer: Itou Atsushi
Animation Production: Aslead
Animation Production Assistance: AIC Spirits

Source: MoonPhase diary
Old 2008-06-11, 16:03   Link #10
Dingo
The polyphony

Not like I follow this manga, but I've read enough of it, It's pretty average.Aoki Ei eh? Girls Bravo, hmmh.

Well, you never know, he might turn out to be another Akitaro Daichi.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 23:59   Link #11
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

In terms of story and character it was so-so; a very typical shounen manga. Maybe I am just getting tired of seeing this style getting done over and over again.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 14:24   Link #12
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
This series has piqued my interest, maybe I'll pick up the manga and read it. Looks good so far though
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:38   Link #13
Echoes

Absolutely gorgeous cover art for the manga. I know absolutely nothing about the series, but I'm interested based on that art alone.
Old 2008-07-07, 12:59   Link #14
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
The official site is now open with two characters: http://www.ga-rei.jp/index.html
Old 2008-07-07, 17:12   Link #15
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
The official site is now open with two characters: http://www.ga-rei.jp/index.html
Does this mean, theres not gonna be a Kagura and Kensuke??? Because those characters look completely different After having reading the manga, I was really interested, please don't bring my hopes down
Old 2008-07-07, 17:57   Link #16
Irkalla
I asked for this

As far as I have read into the manga, it's like a cheap ripoff from Bleach. Nothing really interesting, but maybe that is just me.
Old 2008-07-07, 19:29   Link #17
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Does this mean, theres not gonna be a Kagura and Kensuke??? Because those characters look completely different After having reading the manga, I was really interested, please don't bring my hopes down
Possibly. There is still nothing on the story section, so it isn't super 100% confirmed, but it looks like it so far.

As for the two characters on the website... Looking here, you can see three others from the same place as well.
Completely anime original characters, by the way.

And the website is pointing and saying that "Zero" in the title has meaning...

Old 2008-07-07, 23:15   Link #18
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Possibly. There is still nothing on the story section, so it isn't super 100% confirmed, but it looks like it so far.

As for the two characters on the website... Looking here, you can see three others from the same place as well.
Completely anime original characters, by the way.

And the website is pointing and saying that "Zero" in the title has meaning...
awwww... i was kinda looking forward to Nimura and Kensuke, plus all the other characters. To me i really liked this series, and I really wanted to see how the animated version would turn out. Oh well, I hope this will be good too!
Old 2008-07-08, 16:20   Link #19
Skids41

maybe its a prequel to the manga storyline about yomi and izuna noriyuki. just a guess no sources behind it.
Skids41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:37   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

RIP, Ga-rei protagonists.

Yep, Ga-rei Zero seems to be an original story. The story section has been open, saying that Tooru/Natsuki/etc. are the protagonists and such, and that the anime focuses on their group's activities.

Also, Masaki and Kudou are added to the characters section.

Tags
action, shounen