AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 16:49   Link #801
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

great ep. showed determination can overcome
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:04   Link #802
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
is it me or was episode 8 moving so fast? They had like 10+ chapters saved up, which means they stopped for 7 weeks?
Old 2011-11-20, 20:38   Link #803
Xagzan

Bakuman in general moves fast, with occasional mini timeskips like that. Though I'm not sure how long it was in this case.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 21:11   Link #804
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
is it me or was episode 8 moving so fast? They had like 10+ chapters saved up, which means they stopped for 7 weeks?
they already added scenes like surgery and stuff.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 17:13   Link #805
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 7: Life-and-Death and Standstill

The tension couldn't be best expressed but through the use of that ominous score played when Mashiro locked eyes with the Editor-in-Chief, concerning the board's decision to put Detective Trap on hiatus until graduation.

But, things that go bad and can take unexpected turns leaving unprecedented marks, as well. I say this because Fukuda, despite his antagonism from when he was first introduced, truly showed that he cares about his rivals as friends.

The boycotting is the response from Fukuda, Niizuma, "Hiramaru", and Aoki to Jack's unreasonable decision to put Trap in hiatus.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:10   Link #806
kitten320

A hiatus till graduation was harsh though over all it was needed. Good thing the chief decided to shorten the time.

I doubt Mashiro will take a break but I belive that one week off would be a great idea in order to let the body stabilize. He can allow it at this point.
Old 2011-11-26, 10:22   Link #807
larethian

orhhh!
Spoiler for 9:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:13   Link #808
ookamigirl

I love the Crow OP, it was pretty awesome, it'd be cool if it were an anime for real!
Those two are in trouble again with all the new detective manga as their competition.
Guys are trying really hard, but...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:44   Link #809
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I always thought Crow had a Dragon Ball-like setting of mostly wilderness. I was surprised to see it happened in a town.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 14:22   Link #810
Xagzan

Awesome that we got to see a Crow OP. Too bad they cut it short though. I wanted to see the whole thing.

Looking back over the past arc, I definitely think they changed or skipped over stuff. Like a scene with Azuki being upset over Mashiro's hospitalization and her mom and sister trying to comfort her. Or toning down Kato having a crush on Mashiro, and I don't think they had her mention she's 8 years older than him either. I found it amusing in the manga, but oh well.

Also Takagi's 1 soul in 2 bodies comment. I thought that was pretty important but they left it out.
Old 2011-11-27, 16:38   Link #811
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, being a mangaka is a brutal life.

Between the editor change, the bungled hiatus and the cannibalization by "Phantom Cheater" I think "Jack" has screwed Ashirogi Muto over pretty good.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:12   Link #812
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it's all pretty ill-timed, but the hiatus was their fault (Mashiro's, at least).

And competition happens, it's normal. (Though from the title, it does sound rather too close to Trap...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:52   Link #813
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Crow's OP was pretty good. Lol Hiramaru got played by Yoshida. Noooooooo, they got terminated! Wonder what their next series will be like. Like how Azuki gave Mashiro a little motivation.
Old 2011-11-27, 18:07   Link #814
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, it's all pretty ill-timed, but the hiatus was their fault (Mashiro's, at least).

And competition happens, it's normal. (Though from the title, it does sound rather too close to Trap...)
Actually, the hiatus isn't their fault - they finished every manuscript on time even while Mashiro was hospitalized. Even forgetting that, it was still bungled - the whole "wait till graduation" part was totally pointless.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:43   Link #815
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

hmmm looks like Trap is going to end. Now would they need to do the same thing in season 1 or can they just make a new manga and get it serialized through their editor.

Takahama's manga of some kid getting 300 million was kinda lame. No idea how that got serialized.
Old 2011-11-28, 00:17   Link #816
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I always thought Crow had a Dragon Ball-like setting of mostly wilderness. I was surprised to see it happened in a town.
Yeah, that was a surprise. I didn't expect that Crow was a more urban series. Still seems like it could have been pretty interesting to watch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Actually, the hiatus isn't their fault - they finished every manuscript on time even while Mashiro was hospitalized. Even forgetting that, it was still bungled - the whole "wait till graduation" part was totally pointless.
Well it's their fault in the if Mashiro doesn't get hospitalized they are fine area. Plus can't decide their status based on 'well maybe they can keep it up'.

Sucks all around though. They come back and the genre they made already had copies taking up space. Even being the 'original' didn't save them. Something new might just have that better appeal and people could forget why they cared that much about TRAP to begin with. Now they've got to start from scratch.

Of course they aren't the only ones that bit the dust though. Hideout Door also went down there. A real question of whether that combination will hold together as well. They could split and that leaves Nakai either going with Aoki or trying to find a new author to team up with. Possible they might be able to make her consider trying again, but hard to say.
Old 2011-11-28, 06:22   Link #817
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh hi there Kita Shuuhei, I see you've managed to break out of your recent record of theme songs for fangirl oriented series with that Crow OP.

Really love how this season of Bakuman has been stellar. The hiatus arc was very exciting and added some flavour to the story and characters. I thoroughly enjoyed everything that transpired and even lessened my dislike towards Saiko and Miho's romance. Ashirogi Muto can only learn and become better from this series of unfortunate events and it'll be nice to see how they make a comeback.

Also, I was just about to laugh at that guy who was Koogy's editor getting chewed out by Cheater's author and pass him off as a poor sap when he suddenly just snapped back. Guess working with Koogy thinned his patience to zero.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 12:45   Link #818
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

The preview says Gag and Serious. I don't think Ashiro Muto's strong point is in gags. Sure gags would help their anime but after adding it in Trap it didn't do so good either. Maybe because of the hiatus but wouldn't it be better for them to stick to something they do best.

they also had 3 copies of Trap, why would they need that many copies of it = =;;
Old 2011-11-28, 16:11   Link #819
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
The preview says Gag and Serious. I don't think Ashiro Muto's strong point is in gags. Sure gags would help their anime but after adding it in Trap it didn't do so good either. Maybe because of the hiatus but wouldn't it be better for them to stick to something they do best.

they also had 3 copies of Trap, why would they need that many copies of it = =;;
I never did find out why they buy multiple copies. But it's not just them. If you remember, Takahama said he was going to buy 10 copies of his debut issue. So it's the other authors as well.

You would think it would be to show their families or friends, but then they just keep them stuffed away in their office.
Old 2011-11-28, 21:51   Link #820
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I never did find out why they buy multiple copies. But it's not just them. If you remember, Takahama said he was going to buy 10 copies of his debut issue. So it's the other authors as well.

You would think it would be to show their families or friends, but then they just keep them stuffed away in their office.
Now that I think about it maybe Mashiro, Takagi and Miyoshi might have bought a copy each and they put it in the studio after they are done reading. If this is correct, Takahama buying 10 copies to fill in the survey (Miyoshi's theory) would be...

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen