AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 00:53   Link #2041
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post

I also expected some of the Phantom Troupe members to actually die, but the number of fakes matched the number that were expected to "die" from Neon's prediction.
those that "died" matches the ones shown in the fliers/posters,meaning the ones WANTED by the mafia earlier. right?
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 18:21   Link #2042
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Doesn't mean they last forever though.
No, it doesn't.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 20:41   Link #2043
Squire James

Aside from some Hisoka-like desire, it's hard to see why the Troupe ever resorts to trickery at all! I also couldn't help but notice that, through all this, Hisoka himself killed... 0 people. You'd think at least one of them would accidentally nudge him and dissolve in a pool of acid or something!
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 21:06   Link #2044
garbage

^ well there are great advantages in remaining anonymous though they are powerful they're not the only powerful beings in their world ( in fact one of their strongest got taken out by a relative newcomer), they were against the mafia this time what would they do if others go against them like legitimate governments, or the Hunter society, or the likes of Gin Freeks? Even powerful people will succumb to constant harassment by weaker opponents in the long run.

about Hisoka yeah he seems rather tame,although he is an accessory to the murder of that Auction guy killed by Matchi. Guess his mind is focused on something else,his target.
Spoiler for 1999 reference:
Old 2012-10-29, 23:32   Link #2045
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ well there are great advantages in remaining anonymous though they are powerful they're not the only powerful beings in their world ( in fact one of their strongest got taken out by a relative newcomer), they were against the mafia this time what would they do if others go against them like legitimate governments, or the Hunter society, or the likes of Gin Freeks? Even powerful people will succumb to constant harassment by weaker opponents in the long run.

about Hisoka yeah he seems rather tame,although he is an accessory to the murder of that Auction guy killed by Matchi. Guess his mind is focused on something else,his target.
Spoiler for 1999 reference:
Kura might be new, but he is a tactical and logical person. He has a lot things under his advantage (hatred, genetics and knowledge). Can't really disown the troupe, when Kura is a walking plot killer.
Old 2012-10-30, 01:52   Link #2046
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Kura might be new, but he is a tactical and logical person. He has a lot things under his advantage (hatred, genetics and knowledge). Can't really disown the troupe, when Kura is a walking plot killer.
true Kurapika's power/situation was built as a counter to Genie Ryoudan. but his very presence underlies the fact that there are ways to counter and defeat the troupe as powerful as a they are (remember a lot of them has already been killed, less than half IIRC are original) . And they are not stupid, they know this too, hence the reason for the way they operate, they rather walk in the shadows, than stupidly proclaim to the world "We're the best! we're the strongest come and get us!" (makes me remember again that "100 things evil warlords need to be successful"list ^^)After all the troupe has done it would be weird if Kurapika is the only one harboring Hatred against them. Genie Ryoudan has survived and has turned into a legend in their world because this is how they think. Power is not enough you have to be wise about it.
Old 2012-10-30, 02:47   Link #2047
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There's always someone stronger, or at the very least, someone who can exploit your weaknesses.

Also, not each and every troupe member is an as good at raw fighting. Coltopi and Pakunoda come to mind. And I'm not even counting Shalnark who usually lets pawns do the fighting.
Old 2012-10-30, 02:50   Link #2048
waterdragon1793

There's one thing I found odd this episode. Kurapika came to the front of the stage to claim the scarlet eyes he bid on, and in that scene, I think I saw Pakunoda standing right there behind the man who gave the eyes to him. THAT IS SO ODD. I don't think she was there in the manga or the old anime, but Pakunoda should've seen Kurapika's chains on his hands right there. And it's just frightening how close Kurapika has actually got to the spiders right there. Imagine, almost all of the Phantom Troupe were just in the backstage, and there he was just standing on the stage! That is just. . . wow. Had he known, he would've gone mad.
waterdragon1793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 02:53   Link #2049
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Pakunoda was there in both the old anime and the manga.
Old 2012-10-30, 02:58   Link #2050
waterdragon1793

No, I mean, yeah, I know she was there as the girl who presented those items on stage in both the manga and the old anime. What I'm saying is when Kurapika actually claimed the Scarlet Eyes. I don't think she's supposed to be there. Had she been there, I don't know, she should've seen those chains on Kurapika's hands, right? But, I don't know.

Last edited by waterdragon1793; 2012-10-30 at 03:06. Reason: "old anime"
waterdragon1793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:25   Link #2051
ShiroiRyu

New pictures for the OP.
So it's really good.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:16   Link #2052
leokiko

It seems HxH manga is coming back.

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. Oh, and supposedly there will be an new ED on December, so I guess it will change by the end of York Shin Arc.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:55   Link #2053
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. .
That's a solid news for the fan of this show. Regardless of my opinion of this new anime version, one thing I really appreciate how the remake has successfully drawn in so much fans. That in itself is a feat. When the 99 version came out, it had fierce competition like Naruto and One Piece which were following the giant footprint left by DB/DBZ. HxH had no chance for various reason, but the main thing probably had to do with how it wasn't a conventional story found in a typical Shounen genre. It took its time (painfully at times ) to develop the story. The limited amount of source material probably also forced the animator to stretch it out because they were looking for another hit series like Yu Yu Hakusho. So as the fan faring dwindled for the anime, the few that stayed with the show, stayed because of episodes like the one where Gon would reflect inside a tree bark after his first defeat against Hisoka. It wasn't about the action that usually typifies conventional shounen series. So I'm really glad to hear that Togashi is coming back. He is one of my favorite author!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:57   Link #2054
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. Oh, and supposedly there will be an new ED on December, so I guess it will change by the end of York Shin Arc.
VOLUMES? Or chapters?

Also is there confirmation of this?
Old 2012-10-30, 13:07   Link #2055
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
VOLUMES? Or chapters?

Also is there confirmation of this?
Yes:

"HxH Manga Vol.31 & Vol.32 will release on 4 Dec, 2012 & 28 Dec, 2012"

There is actually 1 more scan but it's too big and I don't know to make it smaller to post here on AS. The report says that the song "REASON" by Yuzu (ゆず)" will be used as the ED for the TV anime starting in December. Also, it has a comment from Togashi about the movie:

Togashi's comment:
"This manuscript which I wrote 10 years ago, of which I thought that it would end as an undeveloped alternative setting (?) without even being presented at a meeting, will be delivered to everyone in movie format. As the original writer, I am happily surprised. I am also looking forward to seeing the movie completed"

The comment above the photo of the script also says "It appears that Pairo also plays a big role in this script...!?"

Credit for TL/info goes to: http://www.facebook.com/willeke.bloem and http://www.facebook.com/megumihanfans
Old 2012-10-30, 13:14   Link #2056
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh.. Just so we're clear. These "New volumes" will contain all-new never before-read chapters? Or are they actually just volumes of chapters that hadn't been released in pocket format yet?
Old 2012-10-30, 13:14   Link #2057
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I think it's time to wake up the HxH manga thread. I've gone ahead and copied couple of posts from here to the manga thread. Let's move the manga related discussion there.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:05   Link #2058
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So they posted another teaser for the movie:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...easer-streamed

Question:

I know the script is being handled by Togashi himself, but is there any indication that this movie is canon in the sense that it actually takes place in some gap of the manga storyline? Or is it a completely different universe that is unrelated?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:07   Link #2059
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I know the script is being handled by Togashi himself, but is there any indication that this movie is canon in the sense that it actually takes place in some gap of the manga storyline? Or is it a completely different universe that is unrelated?
Based on the comment from Togashi it seems it`s an different universe.
Old 2012-11-02, 18:17   Link #2060
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Based on the comment from Togashi it seems it`s an different universe.
Hmm yeah.

Not sure how to feel about this. Hope it's entertaining anyways.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen