AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-24, 18:54   Link #7261
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crim View Post
So lets say there is a case of he decomposes his cads at his home, could he recompose them in his hands at some place a mile away or would he just be restoring them at his house?
Yep. The information dimension is a higher dimension and the thing about higher dimensions is that there is no such thing as distance or position. Don't bother trying to imagine it. It's impossible for lower dimensional beings to comprehend higher dimensions. In any case, unlike other regular magicians who require visual information of their target to locate it's information body, Tatsuya can freely see this dimension and comprehend it. Essentially, it's god's sight, but obviously he can't see everything at once. The sheer information would melt his brain. Also, Tatsuya can track anything he has decomposed, wherever it may be. So anything he decomposes, he can restore.
Old 2013-10-24, 18:54   Link #7262
Quol
That Guy

For tatsuya's material burst its shown that he needs visual contact for long range explosions, using a satellite to see, but could he use a very up to date photo to do the same thing? Since a satellite image is in a way a photo but being updated in real time.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:29   Link #7263
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
For tatsuya's material burst its shown that he needs visual contact for long range explosions, using a satellite to see, but could he use a very up to date photo to do the same thing? Since a satellite image is in a way a photo but being updated in real time.
Not exactly. Remember the first time he used Material Burst he just decomposed a bullet, restored it, shot it, and decomposed it when it got close enough to the enemy battleship. Here's a funny idea, he could decompose a gift, wrapped and all, restore it, mail it to the White House, and decompose when it arrives in an approximated time.

As for your idea, I think he'd need a visual image in real time. I'm guessing that the information body of an object changes with the object. By it's definition, an information body describes the object and it's state. But everything changes over time. So a simple photo wouldn't be enough.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-24 at 19:47.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:50   Link #7264
crim

Another thing that has been bouncing around my brain is does cads have some sort of battery, solar powered or not even need any power? (If it was mention in the story it lost somewhere in my brain)
Old 2013-10-24, 19:52   Link #7265
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Another thing that has been bouncing around my brain is does cads have some sort of battery, solar powered or not even need any power? (If it was mention in the story it lost somewhere in my brain)
The CAD's really just a computer processor. It needs electricity like any other electronic device so yes it does have a battery..
Old 2013-10-24, 21:42   Link #7266
CatRules
Shipper

Drey-sama has announced.

Chapter 9 ....... Today.
Old 2013-10-24, 21:45   Link #7267
animeisinteresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
The CAD's really just a computer processor. It needs electricity like any other electronic device so yes it does have a battery..
It doesn't have to have a battery. If it uses Peltier tiles it can convert body heat to electricity.
Old 2013-10-25, 00:05   Link #7268
Waxman

From Vol.1, when Tatsuya ask Mari if he can borrow 2 CAD from the public moral committe before heading to patrol.
"[...]The battery life is a little limited, but its been overclocked to boost processing power.[...]"

The author probably don't mention the CAD battery need for recharge for the same reason the 101 battalion that fly all over Yokohama while fighting the Assian Alliance doesn't need to return to the movile HQ to recharge bullets.
Old 2013-10-25, 00:11   Link #7269
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
So lets say there is a case of he decomposes his cads at his home, could he recompose them in his hands at some place a mile away or would he just be restoring them at his house?
This question really depends on if an object's "position" is a part of its "information." Going by the book's definition, the position of an object should technically be restored to its past state. However, seeing as the objects that Tatsuya has restored before, (humans, things, etc.) ended up where they were while they were being restored, it seems that Tatsuya is able to do a "partial restore" of sorts, restoring an object's physical makeup without changing its position.
Old 2013-10-25, 00:23   Link #7270
Waxman

The last time i "saw" him using restoration was against Lina after she vaporized his arm and CAD, he jumped aside, hide behind some bushes/trees and restore a few meters from where they were destroyed his arm (you could argue that he just restore his information body) and his CAD.
Old 2013-10-25, 08:18   Link #7271
CatRules
Shipper

Alert! Alert! Alert!!

Erika shipper reporting!!

New threat has been detected!!

Spoiler for This may be a threat!!:

Last edited by CatRules; 2013-10-25 at 08:57.
Old 2013-10-25, 08:23   Link #7272
Sylux

Quote:
Alert! Alert! Alert!!

New threat has be detected!!

Kitayama Akane(Shizuku's mom) has announced.

"Shizuku also likes you. Her trust for you is beyond the level of friends"
Where can i find this?
Old 2013-10-25, 08:57   Link #7273
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
Where can i find this?
here

Spoiler for it's chinese though.:
Old 2013-10-25, 09:33   Link #7274
pampz21
ShipCore

Shes not really a threat cuz Shizuku is a yuri-onna~
Shes bound to Honoka after all!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-10-25, 12:11   Link #7275
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Alert! Alert! Alert!!

I actually picked up on how she looks at Tatsuya a while back. I'm not much of a traditional shipper (still a fan of Maya x Tatsuya, have more evidence to speak for that to follow in the post) but I've seen signs of Shizuku really liking Tatsuya when she's in the USNA and is so happy to be relied on. Also, note who she uses as a standard for a man when she thinks of Raymond Clark as immature. The thing is she is well aware that her two best friends are heads over heels in love with him, so she doesn't want to jump in.

Now, back to the Maya x Tatsuya shipping. Remember how some people here point out Mahouka is an homage to Indian epics and Tatsuya is similar to Shiva? Well Shiva hooks up with Mohini, the Maya of Vishnu. I'm telling you guys, that woman is in love with Tatsuya!
Old 2013-10-25, 18:37   Link #7276
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Shes not really a threat cuz Shizuku is a yuri-onna~
Shes bound to Honoka after all!
S-Stop killing my dream ;_;

I wonder, am I the only one who ships Shizuku x Tatsuya above all other shippings here?. My second choice is a tie between Mayumi x Tatsuya and Lina x Tatsuya. Lastly, my third choice is Miyuki x Tatsuya (this is despite the fact I'm usually a sis-con for imoutos).
Old 2013-10-25, 18:47   Link #7277
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Now, back to the Maya x Tatsuya shipping. Remember how some people here point out Mahouka is an homage to Indian epics and Tatsuya is similar to Shiva? Well Shiva hooks up with Mohini, the Maya of Vishnu. I'm telling you guys, that woman is in love with Tatsuya!
Nonsense.
Leave that old woman for the old man.
Maya should ended up with Koichi.
Old 2013-10-25, 19:33   Link #7278
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
I actually picked up on how she looks at Tatsuya a while back. I'm not much of a traditional shipper (still a fan of Maya x Tatsuya, have more evidence to speak for that to follow in the post) but I've seen signs of Shizuku really liking Tatsuya when she's in the USNA and is so happy to be relied on. Also, note who she uses as a standard for a man when she thinks of Raymond Clark as immature. The thing is she is well aware that her two best friends are heads over heels in love with him, so she doesn't want to jump in.

Despite being pretty, she's too old for Tatsuya. She's 45 years old and cant even have children, so it's a nono.

Shipping for Tatsuya x Lina here, but I would not complain if it ends Tasuya x Lina + Miyuki
Old 2013-10-25, 19:42   Link #7279
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Alert! Alert! Alert!!

what's so shocking about this,this has already been hinted long before, and if you look at the Hindu carefully, the are many girl carry characteristics of Parvati and her aspect:
+ Honoka : Sati ( Devotee)
+ Miyuki : Parvati
+ Lina : Kali
+ shizuku : durga ( she can dual wield 2 cad, just like how Shiva gave Durga his trident).
Old 2013-10-25, 19:55   Link #7280
blackwhite67
Banned

Dang. I can never read kuuderes.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings