AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-29, 23:22   Link #5141
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If they change that battle, and then make a Destiny remaster, I have a feeling they would just change the Destiny battle to match the new SEED battle.
@ monster, I never said "Whole" fight, just parts of it that was copy and pasted in SF vs Legend fight. And then create some original animation for SF vs Legend.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:30   Link #5142
monster

I never said "whole" either.

The point is, I have a feeling they would intentionally make the two battles be similar or even the same in parts.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:34   Link #5143
I Fail at Life

Why would they do that though? I would think they would want to change it up, so there won't be two similar fights.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:36   Link #5144
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the whole "I am Rau Le Crueset" thing in Destiny, I imagine it was *cough* intentional for the two battles to be similar (and thus really, really unimaginative).
Old 2012-10-29, 23:38   Link #5145
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Given the whole "I am Rau Le Crueset" thing in Destiny, I imagine it was *cough* intentional for the two battles to be similar (and thus really, really unimaginative).
But they still could of made the Fight better.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:40   Link #5146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah. And given how cheap SEED tends to be in battle scenes and the like, chances are they'll just cut/paste the revamped Freedom/Providence scenes into the SF/Legend fight.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:40   Link #5147
monster

Too slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Why would they do that though? I would think they would want to change it up, so there won't be two similar fights.
Two possible reasons:

1. It's the usual habit of recycling scenes.

2. It's to somewhat fit the context. I believe Kira sensed something familiar when fighting Rey at the end. What easier way is there to show that visually then to have Kira literally experience the same battle?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:44   Link #5148
I Fail at Life

Just give New Animation to go with the whole "He fights similar to Rau"
Old 2012-10-29, 23:49   Link #5149
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Detined Fate: Let me say this... Everything you wrote I already know about and from experience with the SRW games. Basically what you said I see all the time in the same wording ( that I swear it's copy and pasted around with slightly different wording). I for one don't care for banpresto's fanboyism fan-fic (cause that's all it really is) on assumption on what "they think" and pass off of what Destiny was going to be. Don't care for the current story either, so this does not really appeal to me.
And to add on to it, the SRW games are classified as "alternate canon", as far as Sunrise/Bandai/Fukuda are concerned.
Old 2012-10-30, 00:43   Link #5150
I Fail at Life

Final Stace on this.

Keep the theme of the pilot fighting similar to Rau, just have New Animation outside of that. They tried with Final Plus, but that was just compiled stock footage. The concept is nice, the fight just needs to be more then "He fights similar to Rau". There needs to be something outside of it. Go through "He fights similar to Rau" phase, and then have them have their own little individual battle outside of that. So you keep the theme, but SF vs Legend will also get its own identify.
Old 2012-10-30, 02:51   Link #5151
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
And to add on to it, the SRW games are classified as "alternate canon", as far as Sunrise/Bandai/Fukuda are concerned.
There no such thing as "alternate canon" SRW game...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:44   Link #5152
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
There no such thing as "alternate canon" SRW game...
They're "alternate canon" in the same way as "GSD: The Edge", the manga adaptations of GS/GSD, and the GS/GSD video games.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:49   Link #5153
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

None of those are in any sort of way canon.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:11   Link #5154
Destined_Fate

SRW canon is SRW canon. What's canon in the Anime doesn't have to be canon in the SRW games or vice versa. This allows Banpresto more leeway on making fun and interesting changes. After all SRW is the ultimate mecha fanservice to the fans and they do listen to their fans hence why things like Destiny and CG ended up with huge changes in the Z series if fans decide to unlock the far superior secret paths that basically ask "What if the characters weren't idiots?"(Looking at you Destiny Kira, Destiny Athrun, Shinn, and Ohgi). SRW also tends to save characters like Four and Stella while still maintaining the canon relationships(Kamille x Fa, Shinn x Lunamaria) while in Gundam the other LI is almost always killed off to make room for the real LI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's a great excuse, right? Real shame that the Destiny finale was so bad in the anime. It wasn't even a final fight, it was a short massacre by Kira and Athrun godmodeing everything than a drawn out Durandal scene and Rey calling Talia his mother for some reason despite the fact that they almost never interacted in Destiny nor was she ever seen being motherly with Rey.

Talia had more interactions with Lunamaria of all people of the Zaft Trio.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:00   Link #5155
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
SRW canon is SRW canon. What's canon in the Anime doesn't have to be canon in the SRW games or vice versa.

I think it would be a good idea if we close this thread after the Seed remaster..
Old 2012-10-30, 23:38   Link #5156
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post

I think it would be a good idea if we close this thread after the Seed remaster..
why? it's the best place for giggles in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 04:06   Link #5157
Destined_Fate

Now that I look bad Kira may have been a hypocrite and said stop fighting one too many times during the middle of a battle that had nothing to do with him but he has nothing on the idiocy that is Jess Rabble(Who for some reason is very popular with all his allies). That guy is extremely determined to use the word Stop with his beam saber in every battle possible as well as screaming Stop. He takes the Destiny Kira Yamato path and takes it onto a whole other level of horrible.
Old 2012-10-31, 04:22   Link #5158
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Now that I look bad Kira may have been a hypocrite and said stop fighting one too many times during the middle of a battle that had nothing to do with him but he has nothing on the idiocy that is Jess Rabble(Who for some reason is very popular with all his allies). That guy is extremely determined to use the word Stop with his beam saber in every battle possible as well as screaming Stop. He takes the Destiny Kira Yamato path and takes it onto a whole other level of horrible.
To be honest, I don't think that Kira's intervention in battles wasn't that bad. He actually saved lives. Minerva would have been destroyed if Kira didn't intervene. A ton of people would be dead if he didn't disable them all.

If Athrun didn't come in and stop Kira from disabling Shinn, that Orb fleet wouldn't have all died to Shinn rage.

Besides it has something to do with him in the sense that he is initially trying to stop Orb from interfering in the war and when Cagalli is unheeded, he then tries to stop the fighting altogether.

Then he tries to stop the fighting in general because he wants to end the war. It's same thing as in 00 and yet people don't have such a big deal with them as they do with Kira. Only difference though is that the 00 pilots are usually worse than the enemy aces and can't disable them.

Besides he's not a hypocrite because he's fighting everybody to make them stop. He never said I will never fight, on the contrary he said he's ready to help stop the fighting. Where's the hypocrisy there? Furthermore, he's not killing people but disabling their mobile suits, ending their ability to fight.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:14   Link #5159
Destined_Fate

No he didn't, he cost lives and the battle still continued anyway with everyone being angry at him. He continued to stick his nose in business that had nothing to do with him, Shinn couldn''t have taken him out sooner. At least it shut him up for a few episodes. The ONLY time he was justified in intervening was Berlin when Stella was forced to fighting in Destroy.

The Orb Fleet was attacking the Minerva. They dug their own grave, Shinn was merely protecting his allies and friends from HOSTILE ENEMIES that REFUSED to relent no matter what and only left after Shinn kicked their asses yet again. While Kira, being the self-righteous moron he was in Destiny, decided that the Minerva were aggressors too(Hence is illogical arguments against Athrun and the fact that he was only there because Cagalli was crying) and were just as bad as the Feds and Orb forces despite the fact that the Minerva wasn't trying to get into battles and was only defending themselves for the most part at that point.

It's like if Kira wasn't on the Archangel in SEED and attacked THEM because ZAFT is attacking them while telling everyone to stop fighting.

Don't even compare what 00 did to what Kira did. At least they had a plan other than "Let's randomly cruise around and attacked everyone no matter the battle just because we can with no real en game in mind". Especially when 00 started with them just evening out the sides and mostly just attcked the aggressors unless t he defenders gave chase after the attacking force was dealt with. Kira though was more than content pummeling both forces instead of just taking out the attacking force first and only attacking the defending force if they become the aggressors.

That's just one of the MANY differences as to why 00 handled it far better than Kira. Furthermore Kira was dumbfounded and shocked that no one would listen to an outsider and that they treated him as an unwanted enemy force which he was. At least the 00 cast knew the world would hate them for doing such things but they didn't care nor were they shocked when everyone ganged up on them. They also had a real plan unlike Kira.

And no, he didn't want to fight initially at all, he was only there because he wanted Cagalli to stop crying(Hell he even supported Cagalli despite Athrun being more than justfied in his rage that she almost got married without even telling him). He thought that he had he yelled loud enough and brought Cagalli, whom he stole away illegally, that strangers would listen to him. It's only after that failed that he threw his whole wanting to stop the fighting thing out the window and started attacking EVERYONE and even got those like Heine killed.

Kira, like Athrun, had no idea what he wanted. At least Athrun tried to work with the system while Kira just kept trying whatever he could to work against everyone so that his way was the only way in the end. Not once did Kira even try to understand any of the forces or to see how the Destiny plan would work. As soon as Durandal revealed it and that it was woring on mars Kira immediately reached the conclusion that Durandal must die because he actually had a decent solution to ending all fighting. While the only thing Kira had was "Keep everything the same, we'll just fight anyone that acts up or tries to change things".
Old 2012-10-31, 09:04   Link #5160
Gundamx

Quote:
Do we need to repeat same think again and again and again?

Game is not cannon...
Just because Kira said that a lot in game doesn't mean he do that in anime...
in GSD he only talk to Arthrun.

But oh wait... anime story is not canon it's the game that have canon story...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep