AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 20:23   Link #181
james0246

^Mihawk could have split the giant gold fish by himself....

Giants are too obvious to be truly powerful (they are obviously compensating for something...). Smaller packages with extreme power are far more interesting than giants with great power.
Old 2009-12-30, 20:34   Link #182
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Giants are too obvious to be truly powerful (they are obviously compensating for something...). Smaller packages with extreme power are far more interesting than giants with great power.
Plus the are way to big a target , and with many people having DF it just makes it even worst .
Maybe one of these day we will get a giant with a DF.
Old 2009-12-30, 20:56   Link #183
marvelB

Quote:

Oh, I've no doubt that Mihawk could slash that sea monster in half with relative ease, but I still think it would be neat if there were at least one giant whose strength and skill is actually proportionate to his size (again, Oz doesn't count since he was a zombie). Also, remember that the sea king in question was a creature that literally ate (and crapped out) islands. So if two Elbaf warriors were powerful enough to slash that thing apart, just think of what a single high-tier giant would be capable of. I have no problem with normal-sized characters having great power, but I still think the bigger guys should at least get the opportunity to prove that they're large and in charge for once too, y'know?

And yes, I fully welcome a giant with a DF power appearing in the series at some point, particularly one with some whacked-out Paramecia ability. Again, Elbaf seems to be the best time to introduce such a character.....
Old 2009-12-30, 21:49   Link #184
james0246

^Take your extreme chubby-chasing elsewhere; we only want to talk about normal sized individuals in this forum .

Joking aside, Giants...just don't interest me that much. Maybe it is the fact that they are so large, and consequently look strong to begin with, that makes them unappealing to me. Whatever the case, I would welcome a giant of equal strength to the top dogs (we already have a fishman, so why not a giant?), but if one never appeared I wouldn't exactly protest Oda or anything...
Old 2009-12-30, 21:59   Link #185
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I see the exact opposite. Red-Haired Shanks showing up is very possible, Shanks warned Whitebeard because he had a bad feeling about the situation. Throughout the entire Whitebeard Saga, Oda has stressed Whitebeard's importance in the world. I can see Shanks showing up out of selfish reasons if anything else. In order to preserve the Order of the World Government, Shichibukai, and the Yonkou. If the Whitebeard falls, the power balance is broken and the World Government gains more control. This reason is also the reason why the other Yonkou named Kaidou also tried to stop Whitebeard (in some translations it said Kaidou attacked and others it said tried to stop).

Red-Haired Shanks and Dark King Rayleigh showing up doesn't necessarily haft to mean they are there to save Ace. The war itself is the most important. Ace's life is just being as used as a trigger for a New Era. What is way more important than Ace's life is whether Whitebeard, the strongest man in the world, is going to fall. And will the Power Balance between the Three World Powers be broken.
Kaidou tried to stop WB so he wouldn't mess up the balance? But then Shanks interfered with Kaidou so that WB could go mess things up? So then, why would he help?

Haha, but seriously. That might be a good reason, except WB has already reached the point where he's going to die. There's been so much build up about how bad it is for WB to die and we've been constantly shown that WB seems to be having a bit of difficulty not dying. Even though it's possible, I'd be a little annoyed if WB didn't die after all this. With WB being set up to die, it's pointless for Shanks to come to the rescue since he's already too late to preserve the balance.

Here's something I just thought of. If Shanks were to come, he'd undoubtedly run into Luffy. The fact that it's too early for them to meet is a good reason for Shanks not to show up, even if it's an out of story reason.

I just don't see Old Pirate stepping off that island. Helping a bunch of rookies close to home is one thing, but going to a battleground where a bunch of powerful veterans are fighting is another thing entirely. Old Pirate isn't a pirate anymore, which means he's not going to be interfering with whatever direction the Pirate's Era takes. That's how I see it, anyway.

I think one of the reasons we haven't seen a really strong giant is because they're naturally strong. Unlike regular humans, they don't have to do a lot of, if any, training to be powerhouses, so they don't have a need to seek high levels of power. Or more like, they're not used to training to attain power, so they don't end up that much stronger than they naturally are. I don't think it's a good enough reason for not seeing, or at least hearing about, at least one or two extremely strong giants, but it makes sense.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:28   Link #186
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Well, the admirals, WB and Moria are nearly giant sized.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:00   Link #187
noktown

They are just tall/big,but they are not even near the size of a giant(Moria could easily sit in Oz's Belly/Stomach).

Moria looks like a giant when he absorbs a couple of hundred shadows ;o
Old 2009-12-31, 04:56   Link #188
Warlord90

Hey guys, can someone please explain me some things?
1)How can someone save Ace, as he is wearing those handcuffs (made of Seastone)?
2)If Ace is saved, will the Whitebeard Pirates just leave from Marinford so simply?
3)And if not, will they destroy the Marines so they never show up again (impossible) ?

I'm a little confused, but If anyone wants so give his opinion, please share it with us.

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2009-12-31, 07:38   Link #189
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord90 View Post
1)How can someone save Ace, as he is wearing those handcuffs (made of Seastone)?
Well we are not sure how WB was PLANNING to get off those cuffs... getting him away from the execution site would be a start though since that gets him out of immediate danger... they can either then find a key or pick the lock

however what they were planning is irrelevant as we know that Boa gave Luffy a key for Ace's handcuffs... so that will more then likely be how they get them off

Quote:
2)If Ace is saved, will the Whitebeard Pirates just leave from Marinford so simply?
3)And if not, will they destroy the Marines so they never show up again (impossible) ?
Well it depends on whether asking "what do they intend to do" or "what will likely happen"
I think Whitebeard's intention would be to destory the marine HQ... this is not just about saving Ace, but about revenge and showing everyone what happens when you mess with Whitebeard

However, what i personally think will happen is that after saving Ace, whitebeard will die and the pirates will be forced to retreat
Old 2009-12-31, 20:50   Link #190
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord90 View Post

I'm a little confused, but If anyone wants so give his opinion, please share it with us.
It's quite impossible to say at this point imo, there's still the possibility of interference from Blackbeard & his crew, Dragon & the revolutionaries (what better time to attack the Marines than now?), the other supernova's, the Strawhats & any other rogue pirates like Rayleigh.

If Blackbeard is the "end boss" so to speak, i do feel he has to be the one to deliver the killing blow to Whitebeard...Will also give Luffy more reason to want to defeat him.

I also think Blackbeard will destroy Marineford by the end of this arc, while the survivors are escaping he will destroy everything with his darkness abilitys

Last edited by AceD; 2009-12-31 at 22:34.
Old 2009-12-31, 21:07   Link #191
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
It's quite impossible to say at this point imo, there's still the possibility of interference from Blackbeard & his crew, Dragon & the revolutionaries (what better time to attack then Marines then now?), the other supernova's, the Strawhats & any other rogue pirates like Rayleigh.
Well one reason the revolutionaries might not show up is because they should not associate themselves with pirates... realistically speaking, the revolutionaries must work to gain the favor of the people while still destorying the gov't... if they ally themselves with major pirates they may make themselves look bad and loose favor in the eyes of the people... as an ignorant citizen, i would expect the gov't to work to stop piracy, not ally with them... though that's speaking more realistically

Quote:
If Blackbeard is the "end boss" so to speak, i do feel he has to be the one to deliver the killing blow to Whitebeard...Will also give Luffy more reason to want to defeat him.
Y'know with WB as injured as he is, blackbeard dealing the finishing blow just doesn't feel like it would have all that much impact... i think the biggest impacts were Squardo and Akainu, as those felt like the first two really big hits that lead to WB going down to his eventual fall... and after the barrage he got from the marines, every hit after those don't feel like they will have as much impact

Quote:
I also think Blackbeard will destroy Marineford by the end of this arc, while the survivors are escaping he will destroy everything with his darkness abilitys
Now that i could see happening... he did say he was gonna do something pretty amazing back in impel down
Old 2010-01-01, 00:40   Link #192
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
We still don't know what Kuma told Rayleigh back in SA.

Now, the general assumption is that Kuma told him where SH were send or that he's with Dragon, I was in that boat before as well. However, now I personally think that it makes more sense if the information Kuma told him was that Ace is Roger's son and he is about to get executed. And if this is true, with the insight and situational analysis Rayleigh displayed when he first showed up, we might be seeing the Dark King make his entrance soon as part of the finale.
On this topic. I think that Kuma told him the locations of the strawhats and gave him the option to go and bring them back once they are ready. Then him, cammie, the starfish thing, hattchi, and the old women pirate bar keeper will go and round up the crew.
Old 2010-01-01, 04:56   Link #193
Warlord90

Well I think it would be great if indeed blackbeard appeared. Maybe he won't appear at all, because he is a traitor to the Marines.

Also, I don't think it's time for Luffy and Dragon to meet, so the revolutionary army my not come.

Lastly, the supernovas have no business in Marinford and it's quite impossible for them to enter it because the three Gates of Justice open only to the Marines (except if they use coated ships).

Anyway thanks for your answers everybody, I owe you a lot. This is the reason I like this forum website a lot!!!

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2010-01-01, 10:03   Link #194
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
They are just tall/big,but they are not even near the size of a giant(Moria could easily sit in Oz's Belly/Stomach).

Moria looks like a giant when he absorbs a couple of hundred shadows ;o
Oz is way larger then an average sized giant...
Old 2010-01-01, 10:12   Link #195
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Yup.

Old 2010-01-01, 15:30   Link #196
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well one reason the revolutionaries might not show up is because they should not associate themselves with pirates... realistically speaking, the revolutionaries must work to gain the favor of the people while still destorying the gov't... if they ally themselves with major pirates they may make themselves look bad and loose favor in the eyes of the people... as an ignorant citizen, i would expect the gov't to work to stop piracy, not ally with them... though that's speaking more realistically

Y'know with WB as injured as he is, blackbeard dealing the finishing blow just doesn't feel like it would have all that much impact... i think the biggest impacts were Squardo and Akainu, as those felt like the first two really big hits that lead to WB going down to his eventual fall... and after the barrage he got from the marines, every hit after those don't feel like they will have as much impact

Now that i could see happening... he did say he was gonna do something pretty amazing back in impel down
Yeah before the war started allot of people were saying BB was going to come and take out WB.
But even if he was to come now it won't have the impact as before , even he was to kill WB it won't take much .

To me it would be a bigger impact if was to take out a admiral or sengoku or grap. Maybe he could get rid of the 5 stars elders that would really change things in the OP world and be a big shock.
Old 2010-01-01, 15:33   Link #197
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Maybe he could get rid of the 5 stars elders that would really change things in the OP world and be a big shock.
That wouldn't be a good idea since the 5 elder stars have yet to play a role in the story. There is a lot of mystery behind them, and to get rid of them like that would be a big waste and bad writing.
Old 2010-01-01, 15:34   Link #198
james0246

Quote:
Maybe [Blackbeard] could get rid of the 5 stars elders
Now that would be cool, and totally unexpected, though not very beneficial to Dragon's character definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That wouldn't be a good idea since the 5 elder stars have yet to play a role in the story. There is a lot of mystery behind them, and to get rid of them like that would be a big waste and bad writing.
Bad writting? The main reason the Gorōsei exist is to, eventual, explain the history of the world. Besides that, though, there is no real need to develop them any more than they have been. If Oda can find a way to explore the history without the Gorōsei, then by all means he should, otherwise, yes the Gorōsei are needed.

(The main harm that would come from destroying the Gorōsei so early would be the negative character development to Dragon.)
Old 2010-01-01, 15:50   Link #199
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Bad writting? The main reason the Gorōsei exist is to, eventual, explain the history of the world. Besides that, though, there is no real need to develop them any more than they have been. If Oda can find a way to explore the history without the Gorōsei, then by all means he should, otherwise, yes the Gorōsei are needed.

(The main harm that would come from destroying the Gorōsei so early would be the negative character development to Dragon.)
Of course it would be bad writing. Oda hasn't even scratched the surface yet on why they are trying to conceal the truth from the void century. More importantly, if the Gorosei fall, that is the end of the WG. Having the biggest opposition to piracy destroyed so early would make things a lot less interesting since the pirates would have things their way a lot easier.
Old 2010-01-01, 15:59   Link #200
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Of course it would be bad writing. Oda hasn't even scratched the surface yet on why they are trying to conceal the truth from the void century. More importantly, if the Gorosei fall, that is the end of the WG. Having the biggest opposition to piracy destroyed so early would make things a lot less interesting since the pirates would have things their way a lot easier.
Not really. Again, the main importance of the Gorousei is the knowledge they posses (something Blackbeard could easily acquire if he did go and kill them), and the war Dragon is staging against them and their organization (this is also the main reason I do not see Blackbeard suddenly appearing and killing the 5 elders - that is Dragon's job, not Blackbeard's). Additionally, even if the 5 leaders were to fall, that doesn't necessarily mean that the world would fall into chaos. It's not like the Marines would be gone, nor would the various kings or the Tenryubito, etc. But, even if chaos does come, that could be a very interesting story path.

In other words, there is no point of labeling something as "bad writing" before the events actually unfold.
Closed Thread