AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-15, 05:42   Link #81
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Zangetsu was his shinigami abilities...
Old 2010-09-15, 05:45   Link #82
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

unless he knows the kidou spell for "nuclear annihilation"

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-15, 05:59   Link #83
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought Zangetsu was his shinigami abilities...
Ichigo was referring to the general nature of a shinigami's powers. A shinigami manifests and controls his zanpakto's spirit in order to harness its power. The concept of the Final Getsuga Tensho goes in the extreme opposite direction, giving one's self completely to his zanpakto's spirit. The added wrinkle being that Zangetsu is also one with a Hollow.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:18   Link #84
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Posted by Muguruma on 2ch.

Spoiler:

Wow... Kubo can still come up with incredibly badass designs when he wants to.
I dunno why... But I loled and got reminded on Sheik when I saw that
Old 2010-09-15, 07:28   Link #85
Frostwake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Ichigo while invoking the Final Getsuga Tensho has no Shinigami abilities because he has no reiatsu, which is because he became Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo. He's not powerless.
Yeah exactly... I dont get why everyone is saying "Ichigo will lose his power"

If Ichigo lost his powers when activating FGT, then how would he beat Aizen? LOL it doesnt even make sense... In fact, why would he even do that?

It is obvious that this zanpakutou form is way superior to just being a "shinigami", so not having shinigami powers is irrelevant, he will still wtfpwn any captain with ease as long as hes transformed

Unless Kubo comes out next chapter and tells us its a one time transformation
Old 2010-09-15, 07:35   Link #86
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Posted by Muguruma on 2ch.

Spoiler:

Wow... Kubo can still come up with incredibly badass designs when he wants to.
kinda reminds me of Raziel
Old 2010-09-15, 07:41   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Credits : SpaceCat / 69Ruma

Quote:
Old 2010-09-15, 07:49   Link #88
Irkalla
I asked for this

So Ichigo turns into Alucard? Sweet.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:50   Link #89
haegar
mangaviking

yeah, pictures, thx

ichi looks pretty badass. though I wonder ... why the hell, in a chapter as climatical as this, has kubo to dedicated a double page to an empty landscape with nothing in it??? 0.o

..or am I not seeing something in there???
Old 2010-09-15, 07:54   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You're seeing pretty much everything. You know how much Kubo loves white.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:59   Link #91
haegar
mangaviking

white? boy he must have had a bad day...cause it seems to be mostly black
Old 2010-09-15, 08:01   Link #92
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
So Ichigo turns into Alucard? Sweet.
Ooh yeah also the bonus is KT isn't ruining Ichigo's character, with usual trash talk . Its good to see Ichigo's actions speaking larger than words .

Fandomwise its really awesome for you . If Ichigo is Alucard , Fumiko does play Victoria : D . Though I still gravitate towards Integra .

EDIT :

Here is a fanart of Mulletchigo & Rukia ^__^

Old 2010-09-15, 08:41   Link #93
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
though I wonder ... why the hell, in a chapter as climatical as this, has kubo to dedicated a double page to an empty landscape with nothing in it??? 0.o

..or am I not seeing something in there???
"MUGETSU" means "Moonless Sky" (in a poetic way), I suppose this is what Mr. Kubo wanted to show us.

On a side note, I like Ichigo's new look
Old 2010-09-15, 09:03   Link #94
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwake View Post
Yeah exactly... I dont get why everyone is saying "Ichigo will lose his power"

If Ichigo lost his powers when activating FGT, then how would he beat Aizen? LOL it doesnt even make sense... In fact, why would he even do that?
The impression I get is that FGT is a one-hit-kill attack (kind of like Soi Fon's bankai?)

The attack has to be that powerful to defeat Aizen and the consequences have to be that high because this is shonen. Ichigo gets one shot to kill Aizen and he will succeed because he's giving all of himself over to the power of his zanpaktou to make it happen.

Apart from Isshin (assumed), he is the only shinigami character to ever do this. The others see themselves as superior to their swords and thus try to harness the power of their zanpaktou and bend it to their will. What Ichigo has discovered is that the opposite is actually the real source of power - giving oneself completely over to the sword and accepting that the sword's power is greater. It's all very Zen. You only achieve true power by becoming one with nature. Well, that's basically what Ichigo is doing.

But yeah, it's going to cost him the power he's worked and killed and died to attain. Such is the price of great power. It has to have limits.
Old 2010-09-15, 09:07   Link #95
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Impressive Kubo, didn't think you could make Ichigo more badass than he already got. Geez, all I asked for was for him to stop being a pansy and you give me a battle God whom even Kenpachi would blush at. "Ichigo will lose his Shinigami powers?" Pffft, yeah right Kubo. Maybe for about 10 chapters and then he'll be back in full-swing no problem.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2010-09-15 at 09:23.
Old 2010-09-15, 09:13   Link #96
nastyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Impressive Kubo, didn't think you could make Ichigo more badass than he already got. Geez, all I asked for was for him to stop being a pansy and you give me a battle God whom even Kenpachi would blush at. "Ichigo will lose his Shinigami powers?" Pffft, yeah right Kubo. Maybe for anout 10 chapters and then he'll be back in full-swing no problem.
just like when ishida lost his powers when bleach was really cool back then
Old 2010-09-15, 09:49   Link #97
Frostwake

Oh, and heres something I forgot

Notice how Aizen said he cant feel Ichigos reiatsu right at the start of the fight, so what does this mean?

While training, Ichigo already attained the full FGT form, and then reverted to his normal self, without his shinigami powers, which explains the non existant reiatsu, and yet, he still proceeded to kick Aizen's ass, even without transformation

So, why would it be any different now? Even if he uses FGT, he will just go back to his normal non-shinigami self and still be overpowered, just not "God mode"

And of course, we all know that ever since Ichigo became a "Vizard", he won every battle from his hollow powers, not his shinigami powers... So I doubt it would make much difference anyway... And there lies the difference between Ichigo and Isshin... I dont think Isshin has any hollow influence, so if he lost his shinigami powers, he really would be just a normal human, which explains him leaving soul society etc

Meh, Kubo has alot of story telling to do
Old 2010-09-15, 10:33   Link #98
BK-201
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

Nope, the who leaking Reatsu thing was retconed out in favor of the MacGuffin

*Delurk*....No it wasn't. Ichigo has twice the power of Captain. Twice the Reiatsu is needed to temporarily break the seal that Urahara placed on the Hougyoku

Ichigo was always leaking reiatsu...it was commented on way too many times

"With the way you leak reiatsu, A monkey can sense you" ~ Ishida

Lemme break it down for you...

Rukia was had hougyoku
Ichigo was leaking twice the reiatsu of a captain
*Bling!* Hougyoku activates...
Gives Chad, Ichigo and Orhime power---

So it wasn't retconned. Kubo just didn't explain it all in one chapter. He never does. Then majority of the fans forget and then bash Kubo--

Aizen is a liar, his sword is liar you can't take everything he says at face value
He tells half-truths and that's why he's the greatest mindfuker in the Mangaverse

So I just had to say that...

I would die if I didn't say---@ Whomever said that Kubo is failing because everyone is discussing holes. Um...ew, no...actually that means something. I just don't know what. The hollow holes are indicative of hollow powers---kubo didn't fail

Ichigo's new look is bad ass---greatest character ever!!!

*Goes back into lurking*
Old 2010-09-15, 10:52   Link #99
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
"MUGETSU" means "Moonless Sky" (in a poetic way), I suppose this is what Mr. Kubo wanted to show us.

On a side note, I like Ichigo's new look
oh, I C ... thx for clearing that up seems I was bashing Kubo for thr wrong reasons... how embarassing, considering how many valid ones there are
Old 2010-09-15, 12:27   Link #100
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This would've been more dramatic had we not seen Ishida pull this stunt 300 chapters ago AND get his powers back through some random method.
Sooo, how long until the chapters where Ichigo runs around, trying to avoid being hit by Isshin's Getsuga Tenshous, eventually being hit and regaining his powers (with his father calling him trash in the middle and forbidding him from going with Quincies ever again)?
Closed Thread