AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 16 37.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 37.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-18, 12:57   Link #21
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekwibowo View Post
annoying/headaching/pissing girl
This fits more for Aoyama.
Old 2012-12-18, 13:37   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I say, bring on the love triangles (main reason why I absolutely despise the omnibus format). After all, they do say that conflict drives drama, and it looks like it's only gonna ramp up in the next episode.

As for the episode itself, Rita and Ryuu interactions were hilarious. And Meido-chan too... can't forget about Rita crushing Meido's usual vitriol self. So props for Hocchan and Kawasumi for that amusing scene.

But I dunno, Hayamin voicing the onee-chan was soooo WEIRD for me. It's not bad per se, but I generally associate Hayamin's voice for younger girls rather than older ones.

As for the other characters, it dawned on me this episode that Jin is VERY lucky in that Misaki didn't lose interest in him once he started going out with other girls, especially her very own big sister. Makes me wonder what Jin would've done if Misaki started reaching out for LIs other than him, because then he'd be between a rock and a hard place with him not wanting willing to go out with Misaki because he wants to keep her pure, but he doesn't want others to be with Misaki either.

Fortunately for him, though, Misaki has a one-track mind; still intent on being together with Jin despite numerous girlfriends, and now distance literally would separating the two and yet she remains unfazed. But then again Misaki is already frigging rich. so at least money isn't an issue for her... XD

Quote:
And here i'm wondering why majority of male leads in many romance anime always choose annoying/headaching/pissing girl instead of sweet, helpful, and mature girl whom able to give them much comfort in life.
I wish that was true, because then the childhood friend would have near 100% win rate. But alas, can't have everything in life, so I have to settle for more than half...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-12-18, 13:49   Link #23
HandofFate

Poor Aoyama losing out in attention for Sorata

Don't really care for the 'game' Sorata made lol.

I'm in strong support of Rika x Ryunosuke
Old 2012-12-18, 13:53   Link #24
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I wish that was true, because then the childhood friend would have near 100% win rate. But alas, can't have everything in life, so I have to settle for more than half...
Ekhm, Aoyama and Sorata aren't chilhood friends. Daichi seems being one, cuz he call her by first name (isn't that serious business in Japan?).
Old 2012-12-18, 13:57   Link #25
KLGChaos
The Shermain

@DragoonKain: It's not much of a conflict if the ending has a predictable outcome. For example, Ichigo 100% is a great example of a story that did the harem genre right. It had three major girls that all felt like they had a chance. So many of these manga/anime nowadays just throw the extra girls in as an afterthought, with no intention of them ever having a chance. Their only purpose is a plot device to get the main girl to act jealous and then they get tossed away in the end (or worse, get used by the MC for a while before being dumped). I just wish mangakas really put some thought into it instead of just saying "I already have the main couple, I'll just add the obligatory extra girl with zero chance of winning in here to create some tension that will ultimately result in nothing changing".

I've said it on other sites, but I'd love to see a manga where the main girl actually loses to a second girl that comes along-- not in the boyfriend stealing kind of way, but in the way that the main girl makes a mistakes, hesitates too much, etc and the MC moves on with someone else. It'd be a nice change of pace and would be a good way to extend the work because you'd really have to develop both girls to make the second seem like a good choice.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:05   Link #26
Mubyoshi

Spoilers
Spoiler for Another anime that contains an unexpected romantic end
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:46.
Old 2012-12-18, 16:28   Link #27
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
@DragoonKain: It's not much of a conflict if the ending has a predictable outcome. For example, Ichigo 100% is a great example of a story that did the harem genre right. It had three major girls that all felt like they had a chance. So many of these manga/anime nowadays just throw the extra girls in as an afterthought, with no intention of them ever having a chance. Their only purpose is a plot device to get the main girl to act jealous and then they get tossed away in the end (or worse, get used by the MC for a while before being dumped). I just wish mangakas really put some thought into it instead of just saying "I already have the main couple, I'll just add the obligatory extra girl with zero chance of winning in here to create some tension that will ultimately result in nothing changing".

I've said it on other sites, but I'd love to see a manga where the main girl actually loses to a second girl that comes along-- not in the boyfriend stealing kind of way, but in the way that the main girl makes a mistakes, hesitates too much, etc and the MC moves on with someone else. It'd be a nice change of pace and would be a good way to extend the work because you'd really have to develop both girls to make the second seem like a good choice.
What you propose is possible and I believe I have seen some romance manwha where what you describe do happen. The tough thing is that it will take great skill in writing to achieve in addition to the author having long term plan to start with. With the industry more concerned with quantity compared to quality, and also with authors very likely to start working only with short term expectation, such thoughtful long term planning is almost nonexistent thus the lack of such series.

The best way to create desired tension is to have the second fiddle girl destined to lose be as attractive as possible to the viewers.( Please note that some faults and problems can actually make the girl feel more approachable thus likeable) It is somewhat inevitable that more viewers might prefer the 2nd fiddle more than the main focus.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:12   Link #28
bastek66

Quote:
You are some kind of sadist if you want this to end like this.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Other anime that contain unexpected romantic endings

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:46.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:50   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If it's just a matter of principal, we have series where the main heroine isn't a love interest (Working!! & World God only Knows comes to mind.)

But more importantly, please try to remember that this show is more than just about love- there's no reason why love is the only way for either girls to grow.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:57   Link #30
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The best way to create desired tension is to have the second fiddle girl destined to lose be as attractive as possible to the viewers.( Please note that some faults and problems can actually make the girl feel more approachable thus likeable) It is somewhat inevitable that more viewers might prefer the 2nd fiddle more than the main focus.
and so does this...

Unfortunately, this episode pretty much sums up Sorata's attitude toward Nanami. She is very cute in her maid outfit, but he couldn't even be bothered to look at her. Yet, the mere thought of Shiina in a cat outfit gets him drooling (at least figuratively). Even seeing Nanami naked doesn't even seem to faze him. She is destined to end up on the trash heap of unwanted lovers. Which is too bad since, in my opinion, she's more attractive and has more to offer as a girlfriend.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:47.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:09   Link #31
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

@bastek66
Let them be. It's just the usual butthurt complaining when people are confronted with the bitter reality that their ship was never meant to be.
Spoilers

So to Aoyama. Move on and finde a guy that is interested in you. Maybe Soratas friend that blushed like an Idiot after e saw you in the maid outfitt.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:47.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:10   Link #32
kivredia

Am I the only one who would pick Misaki over both of them without a second thought?

Energetic, crazy, fun to be around, talented, reasonably attractive, straight-forward, bold(don't like shy girls) .... could go on.

The kind of girl you have breakfast in bed in the morning, go skydiving with midday, spent the afternoon at the beach, go to family party stuff in a suit and dress in the evening before you skinny-dip at 2-3 am.

And that's an average weekend day.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:13   Link #33
arekwibowo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
So to Aoyama. Move on and finde a guy that is interested in you. Maybe Soratas friend that blushed like an Idiot after e saw you in the maid outfitt.
Agree. No need to bother yourself with a guy that gives zero hope for you. Heck, there're TONS of nice guys out there.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:21   Link #34
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Quote:
Agree. No need to bother yourself with a guy that gives zero hope for you. Heck, there're TONS of nice guys out there.
She has her own rule 63 in this anime. Daichi suffers for love interest doesn't noticing his feeling same as her situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Am I the only one who would pick Misaki over both of them without a second thought?
She's great. Her seiyuu has amazing range http://youtu.be/S2n5rWg_Si8?t=2m4s That voice change was surprizing.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:38   Link #35
creaothceann

Quote:
Sigh... my poor Nanami going to be left out in the dust. Honestly, I really wish they'd leave the secondary love interests out in these things. So tired of good characters constantly losing to the "main girl" all the time.
Quote:
^Love triangle is bullshit if one side is bound to be heartbroken in the end, and this anime seemingly will take this approach.

Mashiro: "Need threesome ending."
Old 2012-12-18, 19:39   Link #36
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-18, 20:23   Link #37
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
What you propose is possible and I believe I have seen some romance manwha where what you describe do happen. The tough thing is that it will take great skill in writing to achieve in addition to the author having long term plan to start with. With the industry more concerned with quantity compared to quality, and also with authors very likely to start working only with short term expectation, such thoughtful long term planning is almost nonexistent thus the lack of such series.

Well, I once had a story in mind where the main girl and guy were both originally characters who had just broken up with their respective boyfriend/girlfriend. The male was dumped before it started by his girlfriend of three years, where the girl's had a mutual split-up with her boyfriend because he was going to a high school far away and they didn't think a long-distance relationship would work.

The girl and guy get close, but just as they're about to get together, the girl's boyfriend returns and she becomes indecisive-- after all, she never really wanted to break up with the guy. She wants them both to give her some time to make a decision, Meanwhile, the guy's best friend (a girl wearing guy's clothing trope... it is a RomCom after all) gets found out by the lead. Turns out she's been in love with the first girl's ex since they were kids, but he was the really popular, but dense sort and never realized she was a girl. The main character agrees to help girlify her (with the help of his younger sister) to reveal who she really is at a school festival. As they work together, she and the MC become good friends, while the first girl remains indecisive. Eventually, the first girl realizes she does love the MC, but by then he and the second girl have already fallen in love.

It would really take a lot of doing to get people off their shipping horse, but I think it would work if the second girl was given a lot of development. A slow focus shift as opposed to a sudden glaring plot twist.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Responses to posts about other anime that contains an unexpected romantic end

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:49.
Old 2012-12-18, 20:40   Link #38
Insane
Banned

Quote:
And here i'm wondering why majority of male leads in many romance anime always choose annoying/headaching/pissing girl instead of sweet, helpful, and mature girl whom able to give them much comfort in life
We are talking about DUDES here. Just like in real life, normally dudes always love challenge. With bitchy/annoying girl type, you're presented with huge challenge in which you have to work super hard in order to win their affection, and finally their heart. As for nice/sweet girls, they would just drive you bored to death as they present no challenge at all, and there're also some cases where they're the ones that pursuing yourself intead. You're putting your ego and pride at stake to make the girl yours, which ultimately will give you awesome satisfying feeling if you were to succeed in winning their heart.

Quote:
If that were really the case, then there wouldn't be any lonely guys anymore in this planet
Old 2012-12-18, 21:10   Link #39
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post

Energetic, crazy, fun to be around, talented, reasonably attractive, straight-forward, bold(don't like shy girls) .... could go on.

The kind of girl you have breakfast in bed in the morning, go skydiving with midday, spent the afternoon at the beach, go to family party stuff in a suit and dress in the evening before you skinny-dip at 2-3 am.

And that's an average weekend day.
You aren't alone friend. Misaki's energetic personality is ideal and amazing. Although with that being said, Rita, Nanami, and Mashiro are real swell too. The choices make you go mad.

Lol'd at Sorata blocking punishment for bathroom accidents. He's one level higher than all the generic harem protagonists already.
Old 2012-12-18, 21:50   Link #40
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Spoilers

Spoilers
Spoiler for Talking about other anime that contain an unexpected romantic end

And about Sakurasou. Aoyama, Sorata and Mashiro are not in a lovetriangle. Aoyama is not even the secondgirl. Sorata just doesn't see her that way, at least there is just not a hint of that. Ayoama is in the exact the same Sitation like Suguha from SAO.
So Ayoama has 2 option. Play here role and cling to Sorata till he rejects he and that gives us drama, or she can accept that he doesn't see her that way and that there are many other fishes in the see.

Lets say Aoyama and Mashiro change roles and it is Ayoma(now the main girl) who Sorata fals for. I can say withou any doubt that you will be extremely happy about it and i'm sure that you wont complain about the fact that the "second girl"(Mashiro) lost.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-18 at 23:51.
Closed Thread