AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 14:31   Link #61
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Also, have you actually seen a proper super robot show? Good stuff, I assure you.
Since you mention it. Maybe you could recommend one or two super robot shows for me to check out?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 14:33   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
so MGs have odd designs, but what about PG?
Dude...do you realize how few Gundam designs have PGs? There are only six different PG models. Now look at how many Gundam series there are alone...freakazoid design or not, it's not easy for a Gundam mecha design to make the PG model list...
Old 2006-04-24, 14:38   Link #63
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Dude...do you realize how few Gundam designs have PGs? There are only six different PG models. Now look at how many Gundam series there are alone...freakazoid design or not, it's not easy for a Gundam mecha design to make the PG model list...
dude do you realize how much the turn-A design is heralded in the forums as amazing? yeah, thats my point. If its a 'GREAT' design it shouldve been PG. In fact the only thing stopping a ZZ and NU may be its size.

for the record there are 7 PGs, 10 if you count recolors, 11 if you count skygrasper as a PG. Unless you will never accept that the Strike is a Perfect Grade. ahahahahaha
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 14:47   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
dude do you realize how much the turn-A design is heralded in the forums as amazing? yeah, thats my point. If its a 'GREAT' design it shouldve been PG. In fact the only thing stopping a ZZ and NU may be its size.
V2, while not being the ultimate popular design, is also a popular design, yet doesn't even have an MG.

Quote:
for the record there are 7 PGs, 10 if you count recolors, 11 if you count skygrasper as a PG. Unless you will never accept that the Strike is a Perfect Grade. ahahahahaha
Errr....read my post....different PGs...Strike Rouge = Strike, green Zaku II = Char's Zaku II, Mark II Titans = Mark II AEUG. They're the same thing. And Skygrasper was only made PG because Bandai wanted to milk more money from the buyers by making you have to get two different kits to get the PG Aile Striker. And to milk even more money, the Strike Rouge model only comes with a Skygrasper and not without it, forcing you to pay more money if you want Strike and Strike Rouge. And, umm, I love the Strike's design. I'm thrilled it made PG... And unless you're counting the Eva Unit-01 PG (which is a totally different series), there are only six different PGs. (not counting Skygrasper for reason stated above)

1. Gundam RX
2. Zaku II
3. Zeta
4. Mark II
5. Strike
6. Wing Zero C
Old 2006-04-24, 14:51   Link #65
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
V2, while not being the ultimate popular design, is also a popular design, yet doesn't even have an MG.
ermm yeah, because it may be too small to incorporate internals, what does this have to do with Turn-A's chances of getting PG treatment?

Quote:
Errr....read my post....different PGs... It's the same thing. And Skygrasper was only made PG so Bandai could milk more money from the buyers because they wanted a PG Aile Striker.
there are 7 different PGs, not 6.
lemme spell it out for ya...

1. Gundam 2. Zaku 3. Zeta 3. WZC 5. Mk-II 6. GP01/FB 7. Strike

and the recolors

8. Chars Zaku 9. Titans MK-11 10. Strike Rouge

See? 7 original PGs, not 6. give me a cookie now!

(yeah, that skygrasper looked like an oversized EX model if anything though. that I can partially agree)
Old 2006-04-24, 14:57   Link #66
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
ermm yeah, because it may be too small to incorporate internals, what does this have to do with Turn-A's chances of getting PG treatment?
Errr, because it's a mecha that's popular, yet doesn't get an MG, much less a PG. Thus the fact that Turn A doesn't have a PG is not all that relevant to its coolness or lackthereof. And G Gundam isn't too much bigger than V2, yet got an MG long ago.

Quote:
there are 7 different PGs, not 6.
lemme spell it out for ya...

1. Gundam 2. Zaku 3. Zeta 3. WZC 5. Mk-II 6. GP01/FB 7. Strike

and the recolors

8. Chars Zaku 9. Titans MK-11 10. Strike Rouge

See? 7 original PGs, not 6. give me a cookie now!
Hmm, you know that's right...but GP01 isn't on HLJ's list anymore... What the??? I was going off of HLJ's list of PGs, but the GP01 isn't there. I remember they made it now, but I couldn't remember until you brought it up because it's missing from the list. >.>

But anyways: Um yeah, seven. Out of how many series? Now take into consideration how many many many different mecha exist in the Gundam universe, and, well, there are only 7 PGs out of all those. One PG I forgot about out of all those mecha isn't a huge improvement...
Old 2006-04-24, 15:02   Link #67
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Errr, because it's a model that's popular, yet doesn't get an MG, much less a PG. And G Gundam isn't too much bigger than V2, yet got an MG.
the MG internals is of great focus by Bandai as of late, and they are looking to improve the internals of MGs into Nemo/Gyan/MkII2.0 caliber. G-Gundam didnt even have that good of an internal detail, it was more like just a simple frame. Since F91 was hinted, if thats made then a V2 couldnt be too far behind

wow, WHAT A THREADJACK! isorry about this, im gonna go back to the topic...

...Turn-A socks.
Old 2006-04-24, 15:04   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

For the record, it wasn't a threadjack because we were talking about mechas getting MGs or not, which is very likely to be related to its popularity or lackthereof. Thus, not a threadjack.
Old 2006-04-24, 15:17   Link #69
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
But anyways: Um yeah, seven. Out of how many series? Now take into consideration how many many many different mecha exist in the Gundam universe, and, well, there are only 7 PGs out of all those. One PG I forgot about out of all those mecha isn't a huge improvement
which is exactly my point. Great MS design = PG. Some are disqualified since they still have a good 1/60. V-Gundam, G-Gundam, Freedom, etc.

also, there are series that had 3 PGs in it, including recolors: MSG and Zeta Gundam, which, obviously was the top 2 best Gundam series ever.

F91 tanked, so i doubt we'd be seeing a PG version of it, V2 still has a decent 1/60 model of it, Gundam X was cancelled, etc...

my point is. TURN-A is fugly, therefore I dont expect to see it in PG form anytime soon.

and back to my original points... My favorite Gundam series have to have a GOOD LOOKING MS in it. If it had FUGLY LOOKIN MS like turn-A, then it wont be my favorite. bleh,.

which reminds me, there is a ripoff in turn-A that is far worse in SEED... borjamon and kapool... didnt even bother changing it at all
Old 2006-04-24, 15:25   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
which is exactly my point. People here earlier have been saying it is an amazing design. If its sooooo amazing, revolutionary, etc... then why didnt it make the PG roster? WZC got a PG after its debut, and strike had 2 years when it got a PG. In order to make a PG, it must have extremely high demand, both the MS and its show counterpart.

also, there are series that had 3 PGs in it, including recolors: MSG and Zeta Gundam, which, obviously was the top 2 best Gundam series ever.

F91 tanked, so i doubt we'd be seeing a PG version of it, V2 still has a decent 1/60 model of it, Gundam X was cancelled, etc...
Well, my point hasn't really been that Turn A is PG worthy. My point has been that just because Turn A doesn't have a PG or even an MG is not justification that it is a crappy/unpopular design, and most certainly not evidence of the series being bad.

Two PGs for each, SNT. Two. The "multiple colors" thing is and always has been merely a scheme to milk more money from the hardcore collectors. You won't see the average hardcore collector buy two green Zaku IIs, but put Char's Zaku II up there, and... This works even for the less-popular designs that still got an MG like Z'Gok.
Old 2006-04-24, 15:40   Link #71
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Well, I'm not really saying that Turn A is PG worthy, but I am saying that just because it doesn't have a PG or even an MG is not justification that it is a crappy design
ha-ha, turn-A an MG is rather unlikely for the next year or two of releases. Bandai can always surprise me though.

but you missed my previous post:

the MG internals is of great focus by Bandai as of late, and they are looking to improve the internals of MGs into Nemo/Gyan/MkII2.0 caliber. G-Gundam didnt even have that good of an internal detail, it was more like just a simple frame. Since F91 was hinted, if thats made then a V2 couldnt be too far behind

Z'gok was among the most wanted to be MGs at the time I believe, along with the Gogg and Acguy... believe me, these guys are popular.
Old 2006-04-24, 16:20   Link #72
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

I didn't realize there were so many Gundam series ~_~;
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:32   Link #73
monster

My favorite series is Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, followed by Mobile Fighter G Gundam. These two are very enjoyable to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
I didn't realize there were so many Gundam series ~_~;
In case you didn't notice the thread yet, you can click here for a listing of the series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 16:50   Link #74
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
My favorite series is Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, followed by Mobile Fighter G Gundam. These two are very enjoyable to watch. In case you didn't notice the thread yet, you can click here for a listing of the series.

@_@ Dude, thats alot of Gundam series. I never knew there was so MANY of them. I mean..I knew there was alot,but not that much
Old 2006-04-24, 16:53   Link #75
monster

And as long as there's a market for it, the list will probably grow.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:05   Link #76
lordyu

Gundam Wing was the begining so its my favorite!!
lordyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 18:30   Link #77
Rever129

My top 5 are:
1. X
2. Turn A
3. Victory
4. Zeta
5. Seed
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:36   Link #78
SlugZilla
woofles

Speaking of Turn A, check this out: http://www.ggenep.com/pc/index.html
Turn A, Sumo, and Turn X on G Generation for the PSP.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:39   Link #79
Strike Mk.II

Its a tad difficult for me to say what my favorite Gundam show, when you've watched most of the Gundam shows.
I can say that following are along the lines of my favorite:
Zeta, Victory, 08th MS Team, War In A Pocket, Gundam X, ∀ Gundam, and Gundam Seed.
Hounerable mention goes to:
Gundam Seed Destiny (My first glimpse of Gundam, if it wasnt for this I wouldnt have watched all the other Gundam shows, although this sequel didnt turn out as I'd hoped there is still potential for CE universe)
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz (Although I was a dissapointed with the series (it did give me a lot laughs though), this makes up for it.
Gundam F91 (would have been great if they had proceeded with making it a 50 ep series instead of a Movie)
If youre wondering about CCA or MSG, Ive not seen them in a very long time, so I dont remember them well enough for me to give it a view. As for Double Zeta and G Gundam, I havnt seen them yet .

I admit at first even I was put off from watching ∀ Gundam after seeing the title suit. I just saw it for just a few seconds as well . It wasnt untill after watching Victory Gundam that I gave ∀ Gundam a watch. For me the main problem with Turn-A Gundam is its Mustache, aside from that its an elegant looking mobile suit and its design is very appropriate for the universe its set in. After watching the series it doesnt really matter of you like the Mustache or not, becasue it wouldnt be Turn-A without it As for the series itself its very plot driven, and although there arent as many battle scenes as other Gundam shows, when they come they deliver . I did have the same problem with this show as I did with Zeta and Victory, I had to watch these shows twice as there so many things happening it gets hard to follow. I do have problems with keeping attention anyway .

Last edited by Strike Mk.II; 2006-04-24 at 21:13.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 20:22   Link #80
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

I have never heard of Turn A Gundam. I havn't heard of alot of these to be honest. Thanks for the postttt