AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 21.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 52.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-10, 18:45   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 09 was everything i hoped it would be - and the fact that each character had a say in on the story was really something.
Old 2006-06-10, 20:48   Link #22
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

New story arc starts and my brain is again struggling to process all the new information.
I am now starting to suspect the manager, simply because he is voiced by Seki Toshihiko (yes, I know, he does not always voice the villain ). But can a person with a maid fetish be the real culprit?

Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-11, 01:20   Link #23
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Well, Alex & crew finally managed to get episode 9 out the door, woot. This might need some new temporary glue for a few days as a lot of us can FINALLY discuss this episode intelligently.

Spoiler:

On the whole, very good episode, and a side of Sakoto we've not seen before, even in the anime left a few details out (even without knowing any TIPS, though, it was still hugely informative). Hopefully Alex & crew can get Ep.10 out ASAP so we can get fairly caught up in discussion again.
Old 2006-06-11, 01:28   Link #24
gaidin

Spoiler for Satoko crying?:
Old 2006-06-11, 02:21   Link #25
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidin
Stuff
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-11, 02:48   Link #26
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Either that, or I'm beginning to sense that the production staff intentionally does those scenes to provide clues of when a person is in oyashiro-mode.
Oddly enough, I think the series would benefit more if they didn't give hints to when characters enter oyashiro-mode; it keeps more of the mystery aspect prevalent rather than half-heartedly playing on the horror side of it all. Then again I know nothing of the story and am simply hanging on for the ride.

And what a ride it's been so far. The story is great the animation on the other hand...
Well I guess it's not terrible, but the show does suffer from some weird synching problems. I'm hoping that the quality returns to the level of Onikakushi-hen.

All in all, ep09 was great. A lot of info was revealed and the return of slightly unstable Rena .

Hoping to contribute to the discussion later as it's prett late over here.
Old 2006-06-11, 04:36   Link #27
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I am now starting to suspect the manager, simply because he is voiced by Seki Toshihiko (yes, I know, he does not always voice the villain ).
Lies! If his character lasts until the end of the episode you can safely assume he's evil Poor Seki, he's so typecast.

After this episode Satoko and Rika have both soared in my estimations. It'll be nice to see calm, reliable Mion after she was psycho in the last arc too, Rena already seems to suit both roles. I can't imagine Rika or Satoko going oyashiro now, I don't want them to

Was Tatarigoroshi much longer in the game, or did more happen? Seen as the wiki says this is going to be five episodes and it's apparently *still* skipping loads of stuff.
Old 2006-06-11, 05:09   Link #28
rogueblade

Well that was certainly an interesting episode, and a bloody good one may i add.
Spoiler for for some speculation:

can't wait for the episode 10 sub!
Old 2006-06-11, 05:31   Link #29
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
This might need some new temporary glue for a few days as a lot of us can FINALLY discuss this episode intelligently.
Done. Sticky for Ep 9 & 10 remains until Ep. 11 airs in Kansai on Tuesday.
Old 2006-06-11, 07:45   Link #30
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just watched the subs from fan****.tv--just a question: How come Satoko has such great strength to swing a baseball bat, and hit the ball so clean and well? Is that something to do with the plot.

The scene where K1 came flying in his bike with a golf stick is so cool/funny...
Old 2006-06-11, 15:12   Link #31
Alorin

I must say, it's really interesting to see Rena's reaction to the mention of Satoshi , and his "transferring away."
Spoiler for Wondering about Rena's psychotic breakdown:
Old 2006-06-11, 15:48   Link #32
Beyond the Shave

I came up with a couple of random theories this episode... I sort of like them both.

Spoiler for Guy in the bag:

Spoiler for Satoko's parents' death:

Still three episodes in this arc, but hopefully I'll figure something out.

Last edited by Beyond the Shave; 2006-06-11 at 16:14.
Old 2006-06-11, 16:16   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Shave
Spoiler for Guy in the bag:
Feel free to utilize the TIPS section of this sub-forum for Ep. 9
Old 2006-06-11, 18:12   Link #34
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I was actually really disappointed with this episode's animation. The eyes(Shion and Rena) mostly was what let me down. What happened to the evil eyes of Episode 2-4? Also except for the nails in the hands part they scanned over the beginning death part so fast to where I had to go back and pause it to see if it was a boy or girl that was dead. Rika and Satoko earned it an 8 though.
Old 2006-06-12, 16:11   Link #35
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to bring this up or if it's been done elsewhere but one of the things that has bothered me since Shion was introduced is why is she living in Okinomiya?

Also in this episode we hear that Satoshi was killed because of a desire to leave Hinamizawa but when was the last time Shion lived in Hinamizawa?
Old 2006-06-12, 17:20   Link #36
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to bring this up or if it's been done elsewhere but one of the things that has bothered me since Shion was introduced is why is she living in Okinomiya?

Also in this episode we hear that Satoshi was killed because of a desire to leave Hinamizawa but when was the last time Shion lived in Hinamizawa?
Read the TIPS #44. It will give you insight on why the twins live separately.
Old 2006-06-12, 18:21   Link #37
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Spoiler:

Revised questions for #9. I'll update for 10
Old 2006-06-12, 18:51   Link #38
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
uugh Mion went a little too far this time! Slapping Rena like that is...unforgiveable
*me boils over*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I was actually really disappointed with this episode's animation. The eyes(Shion and Rena) mostly was what let me down. What happened to the evil eyes of Episode 2-4?
Those eyes are reserved for when Rena is in her higurashi killer mode

Though this episode was full of Satoko and Rika cuteness, there was one particular shot I really really reeally liked

Rena MOEEEEEE
OMG Rena's sitting height is the same as satoko's, I never noticed that untill now... >_< kyaaaa *wants to kidnap Rena same way Rena kidnapped Rika*
after seeing watanagashi then this, I feel like they turned the sugoi-moe-protective-onee-chan-like-reliable-person-Rena into moe-moe-loli-little-Rena, and I can't help falling for her like this tooRena:heart:
Old 2006-06-12, 18:55   Link #39
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
another new arc to the story i say again i never thought a series would make me think as much as Higurashi has done but damn does my head hurt
As for the episode.

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2006-06-12, 19:38   Link #40
steelbound
Yuki-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Read the TIPS #44. It will give you insight on why the twins live separately.
Thanks. If the curse targeted Rena because she moved away and had to move back to not get killed from it and Satoshi was killed by the curse because of a desire to leave why hasn't Shion been targeted since she lives in Okinomiya and not Hinamizawa? or am i missing something?