AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 09:13   Link #4221
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

But does that new power have restriction like the other power he have and does it take a very long time to prepare? also when perparing for it, is he vulnerable to attacks?

If it a yes, then he would still need a power boost.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 09:23   Link #4222
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
But does that new power have restriction like the other power he have and does it take a very long time to prepare? also when perparing for it, is he vulnerable to attacks?

If it a yes, then he would still need a power boost.
Spoiler for vol 13:
I recommend that he should get a new authority to back up just in case.To be honest, Godou's weakness at the present is that none of his powers are in particular too reliable.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-28 at 09:40.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 09:55   Link #4223
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

So it one of those hit = win, miss = dead technique.
I think those type are the most useless and unreliable technique one could use.
I meant come on, he need better technique then that, cause while perparing and is the enemy have men of their own, he would loss, if he miss, he would lose and if he use it and another enemy appear, he would lose again.
I too agree he need a authority when he could constantly use even it doesn't inflict the winning blow, he would have something to fall on when he can't use any of the skills.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2012-09-28, 10:10   Link #4224
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
So it one of those hit = win, miss = dead technique.
I think those type are the most useless and unreliable technique one could use.
I meant come on, he need better technique then that, cause while perparing and is the enemy have men of their own, he would loss, if he miss, he would lose and if he use it and another enemy appear, he would lose again.
I too agree he need a authority when he could constantly use even it doesn't inflict the winning blow, he would have something to fall on when he can't use any of the skills.
Since you are that interested, I might as well tell you what the new technique is.
Spoiler for Vol 13:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-28 at 10:22.
Old 2012-09-28, 10:40   Link #4225
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Since you are that interested, I might as well tell you what the new technique is.
Spoiler for Vol 13:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-09-28, 10:45   Link #4226
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder how in the hell can Goudo swing sword if he's not good at swordsmanship. I suppose he swing it like swing baseball bat...

Also, just because you can move at superspeed doesn't mean you can dodge any attack. Most untrained people will overdo it when dodging something be it balls or punches.

I don't think Goudo will be better at swordsmanship and magic than his girls, but he can use his campione body and magical power to compensate with that.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:56   Link #4227
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol 13:
So basically godou new power is a nuke that can not hit the target, it would be GAME OVER if only the goddess knew the condition of Godou was in after using the nuke.

And also that technique was invented by Athena for Godou only or can she use it too?

Old 2012-09-28, 14:59   Link #4228
erdii

from spoiler summaries ı fear that this new technique will turn into another kissing justification in novel. at this rate all future abilities will turn into "kissing needed" type of abilities. techniques are cool but these kissing related skill started to get on my nerves. for sword it is understandable,well not for me anyone would have spent some learning about their enemies, but adding more such skills unnecessary. well not that ı dislike it
Old 2012-09-28, 19:13   Link #4229
GundamFan

Quote:
The camel and the bull are actually good at fighting.The once daily use limits and restrictions is the same as the other authorities.
The camel and bull both are good for handed to handed combat still that leaves Godou quite lacking in that department since they both have rather limited use due to time and requirements. It's not all about power availbility of use is important factor too.

Quote:
Ineffective swordsmanship(anything below the skill of the gods, Erica's swordsmanship included) would be useless even with something the caliber of the Kusanagi sword if it fails to land a hit--which is why learning that sword is useless.This is why he needs an extra easy to use, attack oriented authority. It doesn't have to be too destructive like the horse or the new ability, it only needs to be able to damage a god. He was more or less able to fight well against Salvatore and Lao Hao using the camel--which is an amazing feat considering they were master-level martial artists.
Actaully I kind of agree with you there Godou really does need a couple combat offensive authorities with no restrictions I was hoping Godou was going to get that with Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi authority over wind and storm. I always the saw Godou not having to fight barehanded as more of perk anyways.

Quote:
As for good combat instincts, that doesn't mean he is able to master sword-fighting to the level of Erica or even better. If good combat instinct meant that someone could be proficient in all forms of fighting, then military geniuses would also be brilliant swordsmen. Boxing champions could also be masters of the spear. Skilled archers could also be proficient users of the mace. Not to mention, learning sword fighting takes years, if not at least a decade. If he put some effort into doing so, he'd become swordsmen, there's no doubt about it, but doesn't mean he'd be good at it. All battle instinct does is allow you to predict what your opponent might do. It has nothing to do with learning a skill.
And why shouldn't he put some effort into it until he got that new uber authority he really didn't have anything else to do god slaying training wise. I'm still doubtful that he wouldn't be pretty good at it he seems to do okay swinging the golden sword around.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 19:50   Link #4230
bludvein

The golden sword/warrior grants intuition above and beyond his normal campione perks though, which is why he doesn't get stomped while using it. That doesn't really have much to do with any innate talent he may have for swordsmanship though.

Still seems kinda useless though in a fight against gods. To be any good at it could take a decade or more, and while as a Campione he has all the time he wants to pick up skills, I doubt the story will cover his entire life.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 20:25   Link #4231
Awrya
U mad?

Was it ever stated the exact (or approximate) amount of time Godou can stay in an incarnation? From the LN I get the feeling it varies between 10-20 minutes, but he usually switches incarnations before the time limit.
Old 2012-09-28, 20:52   Link #4232
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
from spoiler summaries ı fear that this new technique will turn into another kissing justification in novel. at this rate all future abilities will turn into "kissing needed" type of abilities. techniques are cool but these kissing related skill started to get on my nerves. for sword it is understandable,well not for me anyone would have spent some learning about their enemies, but adding more such skills unnecessary. well not that ı dislike it
So true, since all the powerful technique would require a kiss before usable. What if another did the same thing as what Anthena done to Godou in vol 3 (kidnap him) but this time he encounter none of his girls? He would again be useless.

Old 2012-09-28, 21:07   Link #4233
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
techniques are cool but these kissing related skill started to get on my nerves.
The more kissing like vol 7 the better. It's every translator's dream to translate a 10 page long passionate kiss scene. Well at least it is for me.
Old 2012-09-28, 21:16   Link #4234
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
The more kissing like vol 7 the better. Its every translator's dream to translate a 10 page long passionate kiss scene. Well at least it is for me.
well said,great mind think alike.
seriously,kusanagi's harem is fate reward for all the "trouble" becoming a campione brough to his life;withouth erica,ena and the other-like the regretted athena or the "elder sister"-godou would be a campione like the other,unworthy to be the hero.
so calm down,i'm also tired to see him figh god withouth gaining any authority,but don't blame it on his harem of knight-lover.
it's the author fault.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 21:33   Link #4235
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps the author have a thing with "kissu" scene, so please bear with it.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 21:34   Link #4236
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
The more kissing like vol 7 the better. It's every translator's dream to translate a 10 page long passionate kiss scene. Well at least it is for me.
LOL, It just annoy that he can't do anything without his girls around.

Old 2012-09-28, 23:15   Link #4237
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
So basically godou new power is a nuke that can not hit the target, it would be GAME OVER if only the goddess knew the condition of Godou was in after using the nuke.

And also that technique was invented by Athena for Godou only or can she use it too?
It is specifically designed for use by
Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2012-09-28, 23:54   Link #4238
whitecloud

so he basically use enuma elish...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 01:09   Link #4239
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
so he basically use enuma elish...
Except it isn't to the level where he could demolish the world, but it's still stronger than the version used in F/SN.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-29 at 01:52.
Old 2012-09-29, 03:33   Link #4240
erdii

everyone comparing new technique with Ea from Fate SN. what would happen the next god in series is gilgamesh or Ea ?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem