AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-02-02, 17:29   Link #441
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Twist

What happens if Origin is live action Hollywood movie?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 05:58   Link #442
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
What happens if Origin is live action Hollywood movie?
Not going to happen..
Old 2013-02-03, 07:14   Link #443
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Not going to happen..
What if it happens thought?

The LA Movie probably have it's own AU but I am not surprised if it use Origin as based of story

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:08   Link #444
kaito-kid

A Hollywood version of Gundam will be a lot more like 00 than anything else. It will definitely wil have some 0079 in it, but don't expect anything more than that, it won't work. The Origin project is most definitely not a Hollywood movie.

In my opinion The 08th MS Team would be a great source material for a Gundam movie, but again, unlikely.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-02-03 at 19:43.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 06:29   Link #446
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

At last, a Gunpla-related anime that is more than just an OVA. I hope it's not worse than AGE. Fingers crossed.
Old 2013-07-02, 10:22   Link #447
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Why do I get the feeling this is going to start a all new senseless fanboys/girls' argument of 'Which is the strongest gundam of all the different universes' ...
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:07   Link #448
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Why do I get the feeling this is going to start a all new senseless fanboys/girls' argument of 'Which is the strongest gundam of all the different universes' ...
Feels a little like Angelic Layer with Gundams.

And there shouldn't be any...Turn A Gundam, despite its appearance, is clearly the strongest to date, lol.

An artificial black hole for a reactor (providing far greater power than any sort of nuclear reactors), an I-Field capable of blocking conventional weapons, including nukes, and beam weapons, teleportation for itself and its beam fire, the Moonlight Butterfly capable of covering everything from Earth to Jupiter at full power and able to turn all other tech to sand, its nanomachines able to regenerate itself and even the pilot albeit slowly, and so on.

Basically, a MS made for interstellar warfare on its own (due to the appearance of the Turn X). No other Gundam comes close to such a title.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:32   Link #449
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
An artificial black hole for a reactor (providing far greater power than any sort of nuclear reactors), an I-Field capable of blocking conventional weapons, including nukes, and beam weapons, teleportation for itself and its beam fire, the Moonlight Butterfly capable of covering everything from Earth to Jupiter at full power and able to turn all other tech to sand, its nanomachines able to regenerate itself and even the pilot albeit slowly, and so on.
A kanabo damaged it. Plus it doesn't help Loran is an extremely poor pilot compared to other series pilots. If you want most technologically powerful, Phoenix Gundam wants a word with you.
Quote:
No other Gundam comes close to such a title.
Upper level gundams from the CE and AD timelines stand a solid chance. Hell, I don't think any gundam could really top the Reborns from a combat standpoint.
Quote:
I hope it's not worse than AGE.
Nah, it will be solid, but it'll get a similar reaction to Ultraman Nexus meaning we'll like it but Japan probably won't. The real thing we need to cross our fingers over is this being cancelled early like the original series and X were.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:35   Link #450
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
A kanabo damaged it. Plus it doesn't help Loran is an extremely poor pilot compared to other series pilots. If you want most technologically powerful, Phoenix Gundam wants a word with you.

Upper level gundams from the CE and AD timelines stand a solid chance. Hell, I don't think any gundam could really top the Reborns from a combat standpoint.

Nah, it will be solid, but it'll get a similar reaction to Ultraman Nexus meaning we'll like it but Japan probably won't. The real thing we need to cross our fingers over is this being cancelled early like the original series and X were.
I primarily meant out of canon Gundams, lol. And Loran being not such a great pilot, yet the Turn A doing SO much anyway says something to me. Imagine if you put someone like Amuro as the pilot or whoever piloted it when it covered the Earth, someone who knows how to use the full capabilities.

Though, I really doubt on CE or even AD MS being able to conduct interstellar warfare "on their own". Even they needed the support of a few ships and other MS and such.
Old 2013-07-02, 13:44   Link #451
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I primarily meant out of canon Gundams, lol
Oh. Well, I feel silly.

Going by the PV I can identify: Taurus (black), Zoloat, Gazu L and R, Knight Gundam, Gyan, Eagil, Lumber Gundam, Harry's Sumo (I don't remember it being that fast), Dijeh, what I think is Blue Destiny, Beargguy (D'AW!), Shokew, a red version of Wing Gundam, and Freedom Gundam. I also think that Strike kitbash or whatever it is called is launched from the Argama.

Wow, they left out movie and OVA stuff except for Gunpla Builders.I am also surprised nothing from 00 or Age showed up.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 13:47   Link #452
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Oh. Well, I feel silly.

Going by the PV I can identify: Taurus (black), Zoloat, Gazu L and R, Knight Gundam, Gyan, Eagil, Lumber Gundam, Harry's Sumo (I don't remember it being that fast), Dijeh, what I think is Blue Destiny, Beargguy (D'AW!), Shokew, a red version of Wing Gundam, and Freedom Gundam. I also think that Strike kitbash or whatever it is called is launched from the Argama.

Wow, they left out movie and OVA stuff except for Gunpla Builders.I am also surprised nothing from 00 or Age showed up.
Wait, I was wrong...

Beargguy > all

lol
Old 2013-07-02, 18:45   Link #453
kaito-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At last, a Gunpla-related anime that is more than just an OVA. I hope it's not worse than AGE. Fingers crossed.
Gunpla related animation usually gets measured differently then the main Anime shows. So I don't there is any pressure on those who are working on this anime.

After watching the PV, it doesn't look like there is any real story going on here.. Just a bunch of cool mecha fights, and a few original characters and mecha who I guess string the different stories together.

Not sure what to think of the main mecha.. It's basically Strike + Freedom's wings and shoulders. It looks like a Okawara design as well, and that is even more disappointing. The guy didn't do any big project since Destiny, so I was hopping that when he came back he would return with some interesting ideas and concepts.

One thing I already hate in what I just saw are the graphic designs. At this point I hate hexagons and the color blue/emerald. Since 00 all graphical work is done by the same guy and he is creating the same uninspired sh*t over and over again. If you saw a montage of all the infographic designs from 00, Age and now this, you won't be able to tell the diference.. I think he is even using the same font, it's that bad.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-07-02 at 20:12.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:16   Link #454
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Okay, so me and my brother are gonna watch Gundam. ALL. THE. WAY. FROM. THE. BEGINNING! I have watched 00, Wing, and G. 00 being my favorite by far. G being pretty good. Wing I don't remember hardly anything, BUUUUUUUTTT I'm gonna re-watch them to.

So, my questions:
-Which series are better in dub or sub?
- What are the series I can watch out of order?
- What is the best series in the Gundam franchise? Can I watch it without watching the others?
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:27   Link #455
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Okay, so me and my brother are gonna watch Gundam. ALL. THE. WAY. FROM. THE. BEGINNING! I have watched 00, Wing, and G. 00 being my favorite by far. G being pretty good. Wing I don't remember hardly anything, BUUUUUUUTTT I'm gonna re-watch them to.

So, my questions:
-Which series are better in dub or sub?
- What are the series I can watch out of order?
- What is the best series in the Gundam franchise? Can I watch it without watching the others?
1.) Sub is usually seen as the better one to watch.

2.) Any of the alternate universe Gundam series' can be watched in any order as there's no direct continuity between them.

Obvious exceptions being Gundam Wing Endless Waltz following Wing, Gundam SEED Destiny being the sequel to Gundam SEED and, of course, Season 2 of Gundam 00 being after Season 1, lol.

But if you're watching from the very beginning, in terms of in-universe order...

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (still not complete yet though)
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

...with alternate universe, there's always release order...

Mobile Fighter G Gundam
New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing
New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 1
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

3.) Very, very debatable between groups of people. Some say the first Mobile Suit Gundam, some say Zeta Gundam, some say Unicorn, others say Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00, and so on.
Old 2013-07-21, 22:54   Link #456
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

So basically everyone is divided on the best? Eh, oh well.

Thanks a lot man. You helped a lot.

I begin my Gundam journey this fall.
Old 2013-07-21, 22:56   Link #457
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
So basically everyone is divided on the best? Eh, oh well.

Thanks a lot man. You helped a lot.

I begin my Gundam journey this fall.
Oh yeah, there have been big forum/flame wars over what people believe to be the best.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:04   Link #458
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Alright RX, TO YOU, which is the best Gundam?

I'll try to fit it in if I can watch it without watching another.

Also, sorry in advance if you're answer causes a flame war .
Old 2013-07-21, 23:06   Link #459
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's all subjective anyway. Forget who thinks what is best and choose for yourself.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:08   Link #460
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's all subjective anyway. Forget who thinks what is best and choose for yourself.
I don't plan on getting hyped over what someone says is the best.

It isn't going to stop me from trying the rest of the franchise if it turns out bad :/.

I'll just put it as a higher priority is all.