AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-24, 16:36   Link #20981
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
What I want to know the most in NT is why the big 3 "peace & order" magical organizations aren't lifting a single finger to stop Gremlin.
Do you mean the Anglican, Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox? My guess is they're still regrouping from WW3, but since Gremlin (magic) fights against AC (science), helping either of them would probably not benefit Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox, and since the Anglican Church confirmed that Aleister is the chairman of AC, also unlikely they'd lend a hand against Gremlin.
Old 2012-10-24, 16:40   Link #20982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Do you mean the Anglican, Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox? My guess is they're still regrouping from WW3, but since Gremlin (magic) fights against AC (science), helping either of them would probably not benefit Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox, and since the Anglican Church confirmed that Aleister is the chairman of AC, also unlikely they'd lend a hand against Gremlin.

That doesn't make sense- What do they think would happen if Gremlin won and Othnius gets her full power upgrade? Do they think the Christian Churches would be left alone?
Old 2012-10-24, 16:55   Link #20983
Daft

Considering Kreutune tries to eat LO's brain and now that the latter's with Accelerator again, that possibly means Touma vs. Accelerator for the third time next volume? Touma's going to get stomped; the dude is half-dead and he ain't feeling himself personality-wise to boot. Just about any of the city's intruders could stomp him on a good day for him anyway. Nothing but misfortune ahead for him. Perhaps we shall have a glimpse of how the old Touma acted from other people's perspective with how his luck seems to be getting worse and worse as a rule for New Testament. Personality relapse anyone? One can dream.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:01   Link #20984
Burden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Considering Kreutune tries to eat LO's brain and now that the latter's with Accelerator again, that possibly means Touma vs. Accelerator for the third time next volume? Touma's going to get stomped; the dude is half-dead and he ain't feeling himself personality-wise to boot. Just about any of the city's intruders could stomp him on a good day for him anyway. Nothing but misfortune ahead for him. Perhaps we shall have a glimpse of how the old Touma acted from other people's perspective with how his luck seems to be getting worse and worse as a rule for New Testament. Personality relapse anyone? One can dream.

I don't see your train of thought of LO Brain -> Kreutune -> Touma vs Accelerator.
If anything it'll just lead to Accelerator being beaten by Kreutune.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:06   Link #20985
leukrota

Quote:
What I want to know the most in NT is why the big 3 "peace & order" magical organizations aren't lifting a single finger to stop Gremlin.
Maybe that's what has been keeping Aleister busy outside AC. Maybe he set some distractions for them so that they don't interfere... Maybe he does have a plan to use Othinus' rampage to his advantage.

... that's a lots of maybes... well, anyway, I do believe there is a reason for their absence...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
It's not like Touma would just let the Kreutune eat people's brains. He would be finding a way to save her as well as her would be victims... at least those that would be in his presence, he can do nothing about those that might be already dead...

EDIT: Hmm... another thought about the Kreutune.

If she was to eat/assimilate a good guy's brain, would she become good herself? and if she went for a psycho's one instead (like a Kihara's) would the world be doomed? ...

Wouldn't that make quite an interesting dilemma?
Old 2012-10-24, 17:14   Link #20986
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

There is no way that there is going to be an Accel vs Touma fight in close proximity. I mean, not only Yuriko got himself upgraded to "hero", but also fat chance is that Kakine was specially brought back for the sake of having the n°1 being involved in something nasty.

I mean, unlike the readers; Kakine is not happy with him being a fridge. Also let's remember that the way to the Windowless building might take some time to be closed completely, and probably the only thing that Kakine cares outside revenge is getting the story straight right from Aleister's mouth.

Also, I doubt that Kreutune is going to eat anyone. Between meeting the lolis and being bombarded with Kamijo's preaching, she is probably going to discover "humanity" and a bunch of rose colored stuff. She might even evolve for the sake of protecting someone; that's a recurring theme in the series
Old 2012-10-24, 17:38   Link #20987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Also, I doubt that Kreutune is going to eat anyone. Between meeting the lolis and being bombarded with Kamijo's preaching, she is probably going to discover "humanity" and a bunch of rose colored stuff. She might even evolve for the sake of protecting someone; that's a recurring theme in the series
You know, the thing about these monster-stories... The monster always dies at the end.

Kreutune is not 'misguided' or anything, she simply just doesn't care about anything except for her curiosity. And from the way it sounds, if something captures her attention, she'll do everything to satisfy herself including taking it apart.

Make no mistake, I'm very certain she's not suppose to be the new 'Kazakiri'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
If she was to eat/assimilate a good guy's brain, would she become good herself? and if she went for a psycho's one instead (like a Kihara's) would the world be doomed? ...

Wouldn't that make quite an interesting dilemma?
She wants their data, not their emotions.

If her thoughts are simpler than an insect, it's questionable if she can even comprehend emotions.
Old 2012-10-24, 17:52   Link #20988
Daft

I was just thinking that if Kreutune were to attack LO at first, then Accelerator would protect her seeing as they're together atm. And since Touma is following Kreutune/trying to gain her trust/protect her, there might be a problem there. Of course, that all depends if Accelerator can actually put up a fight against Kreutune long enough for it to lead to anything. I don't actually believe LO is going to be eaten, that might be too gory for this series to begin with. Lol.

The way things are going I think it might not be so clear-cut that Touma's a good guy from now on. The mere fact that he's trying to help Kreutune is probably going to be controversial enough considering what we know about her. It might not sit well with his 'friends' when she starts acting on her newest curiosity. How it ends doesn't really matter. Whether she becomes a 'good-guy' or dies in the end, it's probably going to start off with some crazy stuff next volume, right?
Old 2012-10-24, 17:59   Link #20989
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom_Paperclip View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Doom_Paperclip. I've already introduced myself in the general introduction thread, but I figured I should reintroduce myself here. Due to a personal form of insanity, I am incapable of posting in a thread without having read it in its entirety first, so you can imagine it took me a while to get here. Now that that's out of the way, on to the inane speculation!

After reading the epilogue, I've come to the conclusion that the girl clinging to Touma's back in the prologue is Fräulein Kreutune. After absorbing a massive amount of information from interacting with Fremea and Last Order, she decided to evolve into the form with the highest survival capabilities in the entire universe: a loli.

Trying to achieve a broken power that can beat anything is an exercise in futility that can only end in destroyed illusions and defeat at the hands of an even more powerful opponent. Getting the people with all the broken powers to protect you is the way to go.
While I don't think that's the reason, I putting my bet on your claim that the clinging girl is Fräulein Kreutune.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:21   Link #20990
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If her thoughts are simpler than an insect, it's questionable if she can even comprehend emotions.
It comes down to what it means to "reproduce the brain's structure" and "adquire it's properties". Her simple mind might change a lot after that...

But now that I think about it, I guess she wouldn't be that much of a monster if all it took was eating one brain to become human-like...

Of course, she might end up not eating even one and we won't find out how it works out exactly in practice.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
While I don't think that's the reason, I putting my bet on your claim that the clinging girl is Fräulein Kreutune.
I'm putting my bet on Cendrillion. Although with some reserves, Kamachi has developed an inclination for misdirection.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:38   Link #20991
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its been done before if I remember it right. Though I can't remember what thread but its already been done and established that Touma is Chuck Norris of Tamniverse
Time to think of Kamijou Touma Facts, then. This would solidify his position, lest Acqua gets it back from him.

Here are some:

- The Level Upper is just an audio compilation of Touma's "illusion breaking" speeches.
- Touma gets struck by lightning more than twice, and survives without a single scratch or burn on him.
- Touma can destroy Servants by just touching them.
- If Accelerator and Voldemort have ever fought, Kamijou Touma would win.
- Kamijou Touma doesn't dodge spells. Spells dodge Kamijou Touma.
- Touma only needs to touch a solid concrete Golem to destroy it. But he's so awesome that touching it is not enough, he just had to punch it.
- Harry Potter's got nothing on Kamijou Touma, because he can block Avada Kedavra with his bare hands!

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-10-24 at 18:50.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:50   Link #20992
Acer
Death to the infidels!

General reasons why Touma is awesome:

1) He does the impossible
2) He sees the invisible
3) He destroys the indestructible
4) He touches the untouchable
5) He breaks the unbreakable
6) He blocks the unblockable
7) He punches the unpunchable
8) He beats the unbeatable
9) He wins the unwinnable
10) He predicts the unpredictable
11) He forgets the unforgettable

Specific reasons why Touma is awesome:

1) His harem consists of over 9000 women
2) He breaks your illusions...And your jaw
3) He can punch you so hard it breaks your neck...without killing you
4) He can punch you so hard you switch sides
5) He can pass the aforementioned ability onto you via punching
6) His harem building powers rub off on people he punches
7) When he loses an arm, he becomes even more sure to win
8) His power (the one he uses to beat everyone) is actually a limiter for his real power
9) He has a better evil laugh than the villains
10) He can win a fight with nothing but an Intimidate Check
11) In a single volume, he challenges one of the most overpowered characters in fiction, loses an arm, reveals a power that makes said villain wish he had worn brown pants, suppresses said power, grows a new freaking arm, takes back his limiter, beats the villain while destroying his will to fight, kicks him off the flying fortress they are fighting on, converts him to the side of good, and crashes the flying fortress into a freaking archangel, saving the world.
Old 2012-10-24, 18:56   Link #20993
judasmartel
*Author

- Touma once went to the Virgin Islands. When he left, it became just the Islands.
- Touma doesn't care if you're a guy or a girl, if you're a bad guy, he WILL punch you.
- Touma's punch is the ultimate love charm. If he punches a girl, she becomes part of his harem. If he punches a guy, he can build his own harem.
- The only way to get all the girls is to be punched by Touma.
- In one volume, two people came to back to life simply because Touma appeared. He went on to punch a girl wielding a world-ending sword before she could even draw it.

So, yeah, man is so awesome he really is the Chuck Norris of the Tamniverse.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:00   Link #20994
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
- Touma once went to the Virgin Islands. When he left, it became just the Islands.
- Touma doesn't care if you're a guy or a girl, if you're a bad guy, he WILL punch you.
- Touma's punch is the ultimate love charm. If he punches a girl, she becomes part of his harem. If he punches a guy, he can build his own harem.
- The only way to get all the girls is to be punched by Touma.

So, yeah, man is so awesome he really is the Chuck Norris of the Tamniverse.
The last two points reminded me of the pokemon catchphrase, but in his case it'd be 'Gotta punch them all'?
Old 2012-10-24, 19:03   Link #20995
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Really? Really guys? We're actually going through with this ?
Old 2012-10-24, 19:08   Link #20996
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
...Really? Really guys? We're actually going through with this ?
Better than this:
Quote:
"D-D-Don't get the wrong idea! It's not like I'm worried about him or anything! I-I'm doing this for revenge! Yes, this is all for my revenge only! I don't care about that idiot one bit (>////< )!!!"

Or this:
Quote:
Aleister... sama ?? I didn't think he had that kind of hobby... I bet he programmed it to sound like Horie Yui.... That bastard...
And I thought Norio Wakamoto as a charismatic yet trolling AI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Index series better get first in everything or else any trust in rankings shall die in fire, be maimed, tossed down the drain etc. /joke
I don't have many hopes this time, other series like SAO can be found even in the bathroom, seriously.
Old 2012-10-24, 19:16   Link #20997
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What you have against my epic tsundere translation !?
Old 2012-10-24, 19:19   Link #20998
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
11) In a single volume, he challenges one of the most overpowered characters in fiction, loses an arm, reveals a power that makes said villain wish he had worn brown pants, suppresses said power, grows a new freaking arm, takes back his limiter, beats the villain while destroying his will to fight, kicks him off the flying fortress they are fighting on, converts him to the side of good, and crashes the flying fortress into a freaking archangel, saving the world.
Let's simplify it a bit: He saved the world (or let's just say he saved worlds) by punching.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-10-24, 19:25   Link #20999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Let's simplify it a bit: He saved the world (or let's just say he saved worlds) by punching.
That's what we like to think, but for all we know he could have grabbed Gabriel's chest accidentally on purpose and it would still produce the same results....
Old 2012-10-24, 19:30   Link #21000
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
What you have against my epic tsundere translation !?
Dunno, I just felt disturbed like I never did (something never happened with Kyon or Sumeragi's post so far), seriously ._____.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen