AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-13, 19:18   Link #701
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
I recall the same reason Rias mentioned. He kinda had to since he moved back with his father. But then seeing that Ange didn't have to come, then maybe not...? (although she is ill and young).
I was mostly talking about that we don't know why he had to come to the island.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but the only reason they were able to tell it's Battler was by the way he talks, right?
Old 2008-11-13, 19:59   Link #702
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I was mostly talking about that we don't know why he had to come to the island.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but the only reason they were able to tell it's Battler was by the way he talks, right?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-13, 20:59   Link #703
Rias

@Peroyasha
The 07151128 thing was refering to how 0715 was Battler's birthday, and 1128 might be suggesting someone else's brithday which lead to a bunch of weird speculations that perhaps Battler was the real culprit, or perhaps Battler was fake. Of course, the Matthew theory is also intresting but isn't the point at the moment

Spoiler for Battler's identity:
Old 2008-11-14, 03:04   Link #704
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Okay, next... does anyone remember exactly what sorts of things Beatrice excludes when she talks about closed rooms?

Doors locked, windows locked, no hidden passages, etc., yes? Does the word used for "passages" imply a hallway like the English word? Does she state in red there is no way in or out at all?

Someone mentioned just now that the painting might flip to reveal something, and I'm wondering if maybe a trick wall is actually not excluded.
Old 2008-11-14, 10:50   Link #705
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Spoiler for :

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-11-14, 10:51   Link #706
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, Beatrice defined her "closed room" definition in Episode 2, stating that a "closed room" doesn't have any way out except the Door and the windows, but both are locked, the former with a key, the second from the inside.
She made it clear that there is no concealed way to get out or in.

@turtleen: that is correct: he was angry at Rudolf because he was jumping on the gun, immediately remarrying with Kyrie. This is stated in episode 1 and the tips.
The reason why he came back was because his grandparents died and there isn't much option as result.

I really think there is absolutely nothing wrong with Battler's background.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:55   Link #707
chronotrig

Actually, Beatrice only completed her closed room definition at the beginning of episode 3. In episode 2, she did define several of the individual parts of a closed room, but she only used the red on a room by room basis, and some of her closed room rules don't apply to all of the supposedly closed rooms.

Spoiler for episode 3 closed rooms:

Oh, and in addition, here is a list of the rooms where secret passages were denied in red.
Jessica's room, the servants room, Natsuhi's room, hey, that's all, actually...
If you read between the lines for the chapel, she only says that the six parents didn't go through a secret passage, not that one doesn't exist.
And in the parlor, she only says that
1. the only key other than the master key is locked in the servants room and
2. therefore, it is impossible to unlock the room without a master key.

Of course, if there was a secret passage, you probably wouldn't need one of the normal keys to unlock it.

Last edited by chronotrig; 2008-11-14 at 12:09.
Old 2008-11-14, 15:30   Link #708
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

Mmm.... i have been told about the statements about nanjo´s murder and ( for me ) it is more important than the first twilight...

Spoiler for Nanjo´s murder:
Old 2008-11-14, 15:32   Link #709
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

She named all humans that were shown in episode 3, named separately and stated all except eva, jessica and battler, were dead.
There is no way to claim any of them didn't die.

However, it doesn't mean they died at the given time they have been shown dead. But they are definitely dead by the time Nanjo got killed.
Old 2008-11-15, 03:12   Link #710
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

The deaths are only confirmed with red text way after Nanjo was killed, not during the murder.
So there are a lot of suspects left besides Jessica, Battler and Eva (and the first 6 ones, of course).
Old 2008-11-15, 10:56   Link #711
chronotrig

Spoiler for last closed room:
Old 2008-11-20, 15:17   Link #712
natyo2

Send a message via MSN to natyo2
I'd like to know what 'knox' means, I didn't play EP3 yet but I saw it was in the OP "No dine, No knox"...; searched through the thread too but had no results.
Thanks
Old 2008-11-20, 15:26   Link #713
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, it isn't a word and the seemly "engrish" text makes sense only starting from episode 2.
In fact, Knox, Dine and Fair are the names of detective mystery authors:
Ronald Knox, and S.S. Van Dine (Willard Huntington Wright) and A.A. Fair (Erle Stanley Gardner)
Old 2008-11-20, 16:36   Link #714
natyo2

Send a message via MSN to natyo2
Ok, thanks.
Old 2008-11-24, 20:25   Link #715
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

まだあたらしいうみねこのなく頃にのニウスがないか
Old 2008-11-24, 20:35   Link #716
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

According to the pattern, are we going to have a new ep on dec?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-11-24, 21:00   Link #717
chronotrig

Episode 4 will come out sometime during the winter Comiket, which starts December 28, I believe.
That's assuming Ryuukishi finishes it on time...It sounds like he's behind schedule, but he says ep4 will be longer and will take a very different approach from any of the other Umineko games.

Edit:
And, just now, Ryuukishi posted in his journal saying that he's got a bad fever...damn

Last edited by chronotrig; 2008-11-25 at 20:26. Reason: Bad news...
Old 2008-12-01, 09:06   Link #718
hchuang

I am sad that the riddle was never solvable by the player to begin with. Though I've never attempted it because I was sure these riddle was going to have some part of the Japanese word play which is not possible without knowledge of Japanese.
Old 2008-12-01, 16:11   Link #719
Larrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Actually, Beatrice only completed her closed room definition at the beginning of episode 3. In episode 2, she did define several of the individual parts of a closed room, but she only used the red on a room by room basis, and some of her closed room rules don't apply to all of the supposedly closed rooms.

Spoiler for episode 3 closed rooms:

Oh, and in addition, here is a list of the rooms where secret passages were denied in red.
Jessica's room, the servants room, Natsuhi's room, hey, that's all, actually...
If you read between the lines for the chapel, she only says that the six parents didn't go through a secret passage, not that one doesn't exist.
And in the parlor, she only says that
1. the only key other than the master key is locked in the servants room and
2. therefore, it is impossible to unlock the room without a master key.

Of course, if there was a secret passage, you probably wouldn't need one of the normal keys to unlock it.
I am sorry if this question appeared already but can you explain the recite in red beatrice did:6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, and Shannon are dead!
Whats the meaning of this?Neither did she list 6 people in summarize nor was it clear since Shannon was titled twice.Explain it to me please=).
However i agree that Beatrice is tricking Battler alot with the red text, which she more likely invented to make him life harder than easier, since she can do any tricky wordorder to make him believe something, which though might literally be correct but from battlers interpretation might poison him in because of a different meaning.
Old 2008-12-01, 16:18   Link #720
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

On the translation she mentioned everyone there (including the missing Kumasawa in the quote) except for Godah. Was this omission also in the original text?
Closed Thread