AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 10:54   Link #81
nanafan
horo fan

that ending doesn't really do much then i am curious to see how things are with nobu and her boyfriend, suzuki kun and his girlfriend can't remember the names..lol
Old 2008-05-10, 01:48   Link #82
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Picked up the latest english release volume today (6) ... ah, weekend reading.
Old 2008-05-11, 08:59   Link #83
cheerio_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
OK... I found scanlations of the so called "Lovely Complex Final"... It was in raw but I could understand some things...

Spoiler:

is there any link to this?
i want to see it too!!!
thanks. =)
Old 2008-05-11, 13:14   Link #84
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerio_888 View Post
is there any link to this?
i want to see it too!!!
thanks. =)
My understanding is that this would be part of the Viz license, so unless there is good proof it isn't, then asking is a good way to get yourself banned. Please do not ask for links for either licensed manga or for raws, read our forum rules.
Old 2008-05-11, 22:27   Link #85
cheerio_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
My understanding is that this would be part of the Viz license, so unless there is good proof it isn't, then asking is a good way to get yourself banned. Please do not ask for links for either licensed manga or for raws, read our forum rules.

oh, sorry about that. i forgot about it. i guess, i was carried a bit about that one.
Old 2008-07-18, 15:29   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lov*Com volume 7 just released:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lov...1517407/?itm=1

Picked it up a few days ago..... its just really nice how the anime managed to follow the manga while necessarily condensing it. Reading the manga I just get more in depth and more transitioning scenes without feeling like I'm getting a track switch.

sidenote: its always amusing watching the wide-eyed looks I get from the Naruto/Bleach subset at the manga rack when I pick things like this up .....
Old 2009-02-26, 22:07   Link #87
typhonsentra

Having finished the show today I'm wondering, how well does the anime cover the events of the manga? 17 volumes covered in 24 episodes, it seems like a lot would be lost.
Old 2009-02-27, 03:06   Link #88
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The anime adaptation had the complete series to work with so it covers the material nicely though it does trim a lot of "in-betweens" out. The anime trims out some sidestories some of Risa's competition gets trimmed down.

But having watched the anime first and read the manga -- I've been quite happy and have gotten even more impressed with the anime's adaptation.

I'd say its was a bit like watching LOTR in the theatre and then getting to watch the extended version at home.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:19   Link #89
KimmyChan

I've been meaning to give this series a go for a while now, and really must very soon
Old 2009-05-02, 01:27   Link #90
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I've been meaning to give this series a go for a while now, and really must very soon
This is one of my favorite mangas. I was so happy when risa finally got what she wanted and the fact that she didn't give up, it paid up for her.
Old 2009-05-05, 04:26   Link #91
KimmyChan

It looks a lot of fun and very enjoyable, with really liKeable characters
Old 2009-05-05, 13:08   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You're also in the nice position of having most of the books available for a running marathon. So far though, not a single volume has really disappointed me. The anime followed the manga well... yet there are many many in-between moments in the manga and differences that make it an enjoyable read.
Old 2009-05-06, 05:34   Link #93
KimmyChan

I'm sure that it should be pretty freely available to buy from my usual online bookstore here in the UK
Old 2009-08-04, 07:34   Link #94
ShootingStars

After watching this wonderful series 2 times, and the movie, I finally got the time to read Vol. 1-15.8... I think its only 1 more chapter to be scanlated until this series ends. I loved how Risa never gave up haha.
Old 2010-02-11, 00:27   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The english release of the manga has wrapped up the main story line in volume 16 but a "last volume" epilog is due out in March (Viz).

Overall, I was impressed with how the anime adaptation tracked the manga... while the manga has many more subplots and sidestories which had to be dropped due to time constraints of the anime.

All-in-all this is one of the few anime/manga combos where I've enjoyed both interpretations (Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ being another).