AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-14, 23:48   Link #121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Ugh, after reading that excerpt of the Accel/LO scene in the bath, my initial liking of this ep dropped a little. I hope that talk does make it's way into the anime somehow. Could have cut out/shortened those useless Sparky/Lesboko shower/shopping scenes for that instead, maybe even the Index scene. Hope for Accelerator awesomeness next week!
That shower scene is prob what Railgun fans wanted to see as well as the shopping trip. I thought that kick was funny.

That talk with LO doesn't have to take place in a bathroom. Really the thought "pedo" was going thru my mind as I saw that scene animated. Maybe that could be a reason why it's not there.
Old 2010-11-14, 23:53   Link #122
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

That talk with LO was cute because it was basically a water war between Accel and LO. Also, pedo? Yomikawa forced him to take a bath with LO, thus why he was yelling "YOMIKAWA! WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THIS BRAT?"
Old 2010-11-15, 00:15   Link #123
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
well about saten cameo.
I managed to screen 2 pics -

first one showing 2 students wearing sakugawa middle school uniform, but their heads werent shown, so only hope remain. (this scene apears 2 times in this episode)

this second picture shows a person very very similar to saten, except that she has a shorter skirt.

again, both scenes apear for a very short time. first one around 6:33-6:35 and repeated 15:44-15:46
second one about 4:21-4:22
Can't say there is enough proof to... uh shatter the hopes into a self-imploding kaboom with complete prejudice, but... can't say there isn't any either.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 00:20   Link #124
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
That talk with LO was cute because it was basically a water war between Accel and LO. Also, pedo? Yomikawa forced him to take a bath with LO, thus why he was yelling "YOMIKAWA! WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THIS BRAT?"
Yeah, pedo. Not normal for a male teen to be cleaning himself in a bathroom with a 10 yo girl. Most female guardians would know better.

Not normal also to have a towel on in a bathtub full of water. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a towel.
Old 2010-11-15, 00:24   Link #125
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

But Accel wasn't anywhere near her and did nothing remotely close to acting like a pedo. Last Order and Accel were also both wearing towels and remember that bathing routines work quite differently in Japan than it does here.
Old 2010-11-15, 00:26   Link #126
orion

Quote:
But Accel wasn't anywhere near her and did nothing remotely close to acting like a pedo. Last Order and Accel were also both wearing towels and remember that bathing routines work quite differently in Japan than it does here.
They're not relatives. Bath etiquette

Last edited by orion; 2010-11-15 at 00:38.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 00:43   Link #127
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
well about saten cameo.
I managed to screen 2 pics -

first one showing 2 students wearing sakugawa middle school uniform, but their heads werent shown, so only hope remain. (this scene apears 2 times in this episode)

this second picture shows a person very very similar to saten, except that she has a shorter skirt.

again, both scenes apear for a very short time. first one around 6:33-6:35 and repeated 15:44-15:46
second one about 4:21-4:22
If she is Saten, who's next to her in the last screencap?

Click This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 01:38   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They're not relatives. Bath etiquette
They're pretty much adopted siblings.

I recall another series Kure-nai had people talking because a teenager in a bathhouse looking out for a young girl.

It's only as dirty as you want to think it to be, for anybody else who had to take care of children...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:40   Link #129
Kamonichan

If only dirty if you want it to be, and since the point of bathing is to get clean, it's not dirty.

And with that bad pun aside, this has been bothering me for a while, but do they ever reveal what Touma said to the Aztec sun-knife guy that makes Misaka blush? She's been bringing it up quite a bit, in ep. 1 and now ep. 6, and it's driving me crazy. Not sure which light novel to look. I'm hoping they'll reveal it later in the anime, and by later, I mean this arc.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:46   Link #130
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
If only dirty if you want it to be, and since the point of bathing is to get clean, it's not dirty.

And with that bad pun aside, this has been bothering me for a while, but do they ever reveal what Touma said to the Aztec sun-knife guy that makes Misaka blush? She's been bringing it up quite a bit, in ep. 1 and now ep. 6, and it's driving me crazy. Not sure which light novel to look. I'm hoping they'll reveal it later in the anime, and by later, I mean this arc.
it migth be revealed in the next episode but if dont wanna wait

Spoiler for Touma said:
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:54   Link #131
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, pedo. Not normal for a male teen to be cleaning himself in a bathroom with a 10 yo girl. Most female guardians would know better.
Or it means that Accelerator can be trusted not to do anything sexual to Last Order in a bathroom, which pretty much means he isn't pedo.

Really, pedophilia only applies in case of a sexual interest in underage children. Simply being around underage children doesn't make you a pedo. Otherwise, every doctor, nurse, caretaker, teacher or anyone else who gets close to a kid he/she isn't related to could be classified as that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 03:54   Link #132
Kamonichan

Thanks for that. Also, apparently, she may not have brought up Touma this past episode. One translator implies that she did, another doesn't. From 19:52~20:01, I wasn't sure if she was saying "That idiot AND my roommate said" or "That idiot, my roommate, said." The former made me think "[Touma] and [Kuroko] said."

Either way, many thanks for again.

Edit: Referring to what zeniselv said.

Last edited by Kamonichan; 2010-11-15 at 03:55. Reason: clarification
Old 2010-11-15, 04:02   Link #133
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well its actually not pedo if they both are underage, and isnt wrong if wathever they do htey do it with love.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:21   Link #134
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
That shower scene is prob what Railgun fans wanted to see as well as the shopping trip. I thought that kick was funny.

That talk with LO doesn't have to take place in a bathroom. Really the thought "pedo" was going thru my mind as I saw that scene animated. Maybe that could be a reason why it's not there.
Well, like I said as long as it makes it in somehow, it would be a nice closure to the LO arc in season 1. It was pretty obvious the scenes I called useless were meant for Railgun fans, but I think there's been enough Lesboko going gaga over Sparky in their own series and it's inevitable sequel for them to be able to make room for new stuff with, well, relevance.

I didn't get any pedo vibes from the bath scene. Then again I didn't get much pedo vibes from the main pair in Kurenai either so maybe that's why.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 04:22   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
it migth be revealed in the next episode but if dont wanna wait

Spoiler for Touma said:
No that's not it.

That was what the fake-Mitsuki asked Touma to promise him, which he did.

As for the exact words Touma said to promise him... That was what the fake-Mitsuki called the "Worst Possible Answer" and that was what made Mikoto blushed like crazy...

It's the major tease that the fans will probably never know, just to keep the magic of the scene
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 06:46   Link #136
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No that's not it.

That was what the fake-Mitsuki asked Touma to promise him, which he did.

As for the exact words Touma said to promise him... That was what the fake-Mitsuki called the "Worst Possible Answer" and that was what made Mikoto blushed like crazy...

It's the major tease that the fans will probably never know, just to keep the magic of the scene
Once again, you've raised my hopes and dashed them quite nicely. Bravo, sir! Guess I'll never know. I'll just assume he gave a 5-minute long speech declaring his undying love for Misaka and that all implications to the contrary are his cleverly planned ruse so that none may know of his secret love for Misaka. That or he sang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLPYxZu3AmE

That probably WOULD be the worst possible response. But screw the magic of the scene, this is a world of SCIENCE! And where magic and science collide, there the story begins, so that scene is obviously the start of the real story of Index, i.e. Touma and Misaka's love. I said it, and I can't unsay it.
Old 2010-11-15, 07:54   Link #137
tsunade666

real story? Touma and Misaka's LOVE? that's just purely a promise between men. Touma realize the real feelings of quatzel. He likes Mikoto but he can't do anything to go against the higher ups or he would end up dead. His the same as Tsuchimikado. His an omyouji originally a member of necesarius and a magician but works for science side and because he wants to protects Maika and it's not like he can do anything against the directors. His tied to both ends of two opposing sides. Trying to bridge both.

They fight for what they believe in and sometimes they also fight for the opposite of what they believe and asking someone to stop them.

but the real point is Touma promise Quatzel he would protect Misaka's and the world she lives in. That's all.
Old 2010-11-15, 09:44   Link #138
Miraluka
Banned

Touma even refers to the aztec magician as "hot blooded guy in love".
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 12:21   Link #139
reaper with no name

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'll agree with you if they don't touch on the bolded part next episode. However, it's unlikely that they'll touch on the rest of that scene, which makes me sad.

Other things they left out were the fact that Awaki's power takes longer to use than Kuroko's, and much longer than it takes for Mikoto to shoot a lightning bolt (isn't it supposed to be 3 seconds? It sure didn't look like 3 seconds here...), as well as the fact that Kuroko is aware of the rumor that someone defeated Accelerator.

But besides those minor quibbles, I'd have to say it was a decent episode. Kuroko is as hilarious as always.
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 16:54   Link #140
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Although many of you think that this was good episode...Yeah Im into magic stuff but even so this episode was boring and maybe wouldn't give it even average :/

MORE INDEX!
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote