AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 00:02   Link #1
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Thumbs up Breaking Bad - Season 4

Well, with its premiere tonight after about a 13 month hiatus, 'Breaking Bad' once again reaffirms that its the best show on all of television right now. The character of Gus, as malevolent and abrasive his decisions are, is one of the most likeable villains in quite some time. There wasn't a moment in this episode where I didn't feel like I was on the edge of my seat, just tension building throughout the entire duration. How many shows can say they went on a year+ hiatus, only to come back with a season premiere that has a season finale type quality to it? Not many.

This show is on a whole different level right now. No matter how many superlatives I use to praise it, it wouldn't be superfluous or without merit. This is the show that sets the standard. There's no 'True Blood', 'Boardwalk Empire' 'Game of Thrones', 'Dexter', etc, etc. that can compete with this show. There's no Bryan Cranstons or Aaron Pauls on those shows. There isn't a brilliant and dedicated mind like Vince Gilligan overseeing those series'. This show is the best thing since sliced bread.

If you've yet to check out this series, you better hop on board soon, 'cause when the time comes for this series to check out, it will be talked about for years to come, much like 'The Sopranos.'

'Breaking Bad' is the new standard.

Last edited by Tetra Vaal; 2011-07-18 at 00:16.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 22:20   Link #2
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Tonight's episode was the best frame-for-frame episode since 'One Minute' of season 3. If there's anyone on here that watches this show, how gut-wrenching and tense were the last 5 minutes? I seriously thought Jesse was a goner for a sec.
Old 2011-08-08, 11:17   Link #3
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Tonight's episode was the best frame-for-frame episode since 'One Minute' of season 3. If there's anyone on here that watches this show, how gut-wrenching and tense were the last 5 minutes? I seriously thought Jesse was a goner for a sec.
dude same here, I thought Jesse was dead for. I was thinking, damn if they killed off Jesse I'm going to be so pissed. Each cue or camera transition when Walt was in the house left me thinking they were going to reveal a dead Jesse at any moment. Especially when you hear the rattling sound of the phone; at that point I hought Walt was going to look behind the bed and fin his body there.

Jesse's fall this season has been hard to watch, especially that scene from either last episode or the one before where he is just breaking down in front of those booming speakers.

This show just keeps getting mroe and more tense with each episode.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 12:49   Link #4
Tetra Vaal
Banned

It's certainly a show that continues to push the boundaries of its own limits. It's funny, in all the promo photos I saw leading up to this season, including Jesse's new buzzcut, I still wasn't convinced he was making it past last night's episode. Hell, I'm still not convinced he'll make it through next week's episode-- although, I got a feeling Jesse is going to be putting Mike down. I don't why, I just get the feeling. What I do know is, Jesse is out of control and I don't foresee him ever coming to grips with the fact that he
Spoiler for spoiler:
Anyway, the interaction between Walt and Hank was excellent; I was convinced that Hank was finally on to him when he brought up the whole "W.W." thing, but Walter cleverly refuted that by showing him the Walt Whitman poem. Anyway, this is what practically made the episode so damn good:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-08, 12:54   Link #5
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

oh god, that video was just too much when I first saw it.

What is with that text? Seems like something middle eastern or some made up "space" writing from Star Trek, lol.
Old 2011-08-08, 13:09   Link #6
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Off the top of my head it might be Israeli, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
Old 2011-08-08, 14:48   Link #7
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
T'was a good episode. I was wondering how the situation with Jesse would turn out.

PS
To make all of you hate me, my friend's friend's dad plays Mike. ^_^
Old 2011-08-09, 19:01   Link #8
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
To make all of you hate me, my friend's friend's dad plays Mike. ^_^
Mike is awesome, but I have to admit, it's time for an important cast member to go and I hope it's him. I don't say that out of having anything against the actor or character, it's just that he's the most expendable. The way he took out those two cartel members was metal as fuck, though.

Oh, and the subtitles for Gale's video is Thai.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:18   Link #9
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Mike is awesome, but I have to admit, it's time for an important cast member to go and I hope it's him. I don't say that out of having anything against the actor or character, it's just that he's the most expendable. The way he took out those two cartel members was metal as fuck, though.

Oh, and the subtitles for Gale's video is Thai.
I agree that some pivitol cast member has to go this season to keep the suspense high and things interesting. Mike seems like a likely candidate, but who knows how the whole Jesse situation is going to play out. They could totally surprise us with the results, but my gut says Mike is going to get it.
Old 2011-08-10, 11:42   Link #10
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I still think Walt's wife is going to die.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 12:46   Link #11
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Mike is, however, the "problem solver" and the muscle of the show. Though expendable, he does bring a lot (and as we've seen, is the only one left who can contact Gus).
Old 2011-08-11, 11:33   Link #12
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Mike is, however, the "problem solver" and the muscle of the show. Though expendable, he does bring a lot (and as we've seen, is the only one left who can contact Gus).
There's a lot of speculation that him and Jesse will contemplate how to take out Gus in this next episode. I could see it happening, especially what happened with Victor. However, the only problem I have with such a scenario is, why did he beat the everlasting shit out of Walt if he's just going to plan the same thing with Jesse?
Old 2011-08-11, 11:49   Link #13
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
There's a lot of speculation that him and Jesse will contemplate how to take out Gus in this next episode. I could see it happening, especially what happened with Victor. However, the only problem I have with such a scenario is, why did he beat the everlasting shit out of Walt if he's just going to plan the same thing with Jesse?
Maybe Mike has had a while to think things over and has decided on such a plan just recently.
Old 2011-08-11, 13:15   Link #14
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Old 2011-08-11, 13:50   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just perfect.
Old 2011-08-11, 14:23   Link #16
Tetra Vaal
Banned

That was my favorite part of the entire video.
Old 2011-09-06, 12:13   Link #17
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
OMG @ Gus's past!!!

Spoiler:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:00   Link #18
Tetra Vaal
Banned

"Blood for blood, Hector."

Gus is fucking awesome.
Old 2011-09-06, 18:43   Link #19
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Gus has just gone up even further on the bada** tier for me having learned about his past.

Speaking of Gus I couldn't really gauge what he was feeling in that elevator scene. He kind of came across as being a bit worried/nervous or maybe he was just daydreaming a plan (scheming so to speak).
Old 2011-09-18, 22:46   Link #20
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Tonight's episode was very, very solid. The sad thing is, it would have not only been the best episode of this season if it weren't for Skyler and Ted, but it would be the best episode in the entire series. The last 10 minutes or so of tonight's episode was 'Breaking Bad's' 10 best minutes in the entire series. I can't believe how legitimate Jesse's "gangster" status has become. He was brilliant.

Tags
breaking bad