AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-16, 23:19   Link #101
TheDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i think the girl gai like is the misterious girl that link his and shu past and inori is somewhat a tool to revive that girl since she's probably a clone or something like that
Spoiler for my speculation:
hmm i like this theory, and it has a good chance at being correct. but that would suck to lose someone twice
Old 2011-12-17, 02:11   Link #102
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Deadman wonderland vibes...

so the last 5 minutes almost redeemed this episode from, "Shu, you are a useless piece of crap." almost.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-12-17, 02:32   Link #103
molitar

Shu, is not an asshole.. stop saying he is.. he is severely traumatized. Remember not only did he fail to protect Jun but he personally had to kill Jun with his own hands.. he feels he failed 2 people.. Jun and Jun's brother.

Now the writer was showing you what Shu was seeing he is seeing everyone dying and turning into the monster that Jun did.. Jun, did not die he turned into a monster that would even kill his own brother. I imagine that not only does that severely traumatize him but also brings back flashbacks to when he was a child.. a DOUBLE WHAMMY!

Even a cop the first time they have to kill someone have days off and counseling.. And a cop is either saving himself or someone so feels he is justified to a degree.. Shu, has none of this justification making it even worse.. So you got now a TRIPLE WHAMMY! No wonder Shu is so messed up.. Only Hare at this time could reach him..

The Undertakers all started with using him as a tool and he has not known them long he could not turn to them for any comfort. Hare, with her slap and telling him the obvious has made him realize a bit what is happening to him.. Hare's part was VERY important she was the ONLY ONE that could reach him where his self conscious has buried him as he has known Hare for a while.. Shu's mind has him buried in lies and turmoil and was retreating back to the Normal Shu to protect itself as the mind always does. The mind thought it's better to go back to the normal Shu the one that just lived with no effort or will with no pain or regret.

Gai, realized this and until Shu recovered on his own he was of no use to anyone or himself and told the others not to bother him.. So Gai had some humanity left in him here because if Gai kept pushing him like he did in the beginning Gai realized he would snap and never be sane or normal again.
Old 2011-12-17, 04:19   Link #104
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Shu, is not an asshole.. stop saying he is.. he is severely traumatized. Remember not only did he fail to protect Jun but he personally had to kill Jun with his own hands.. he feels he failed 2 people.. Jun and Jun's brother.

*snip*
Whilst I don't agree with everything you said - e.g. I do think Shu was a bit of a jerk in trying to use Hare - you've definitely made some very good points that I think a lot of people forget about.

Especially in this age where violence on TV has become so prevalent - because heroes etc are expected to be used to killing, and even praised for it, too many people forget what actually killing someone means. Kudos to the writers for remembering and emphasizing that.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-12-18 at 07:09.
Old 2011-12-17, 04:42   Link #105
Soji

Spoiler for space:

Great post,you're made me re-evaluate even the parts that I did not like so much of this episode. But, I admit you made me wondering something.....I wonder if Shu did not have to kill / or try to kill that girl once she was contaminated by the virus?
And I wonder if from now on Shu must not kill the infected to give them peace and start with Gai in the next episode / episodes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Whilst I don't agree with everything you said - e.g. I do think Shu was a bit of a jerk in trying to use Hare - but you've definitely made some very good points that I think a lot of people forget about.

Especially in this age where violence on TV has become so prevalent - because heroes etc are expected to be used to killing, and even praised for it, too many people forget what actually killing someone means. Kudos to the writers for remembering and emphasizing that.
I agree totally. About Hare as I agree with you is not the first time someone does something like this.They think that by replacing the girl / boy they love with another one may diminish or make them forget their suffering or the one they love. But in reality it almost never works, so the only thing I can say is that Shu has made a move like an idiot and Hare knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Wait, so no new episodes for 2 whole week? Man, I sure hope 11 ends on a conclusive note if that's the case, cliffhangers would annoy me.

Also, suppose it's as good as any time to call Gai's death within 2-3 episodes. Hell, I won't be surprised if he die and character development picks up through [insert relevant character name]'s flashbacks of him.
I agree, I really hope that the episode 11 ends on a conclusive note.And I also agree about Gai death .I even think there is the likelihood that Gai will die right in the next episode
Old 2011-12-17, 05:10   Link #106
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Frankly, Gai blaming Shu for not being up to the fight is like a farmer blaming his plants for harvest failure when he was the one not bothering with fertilizers
Old 2011-12-17, 05:13   Link #107
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
hmm i like this theory, and it has a good chance at being correct. but that would suck to lose someone twice
if it's gai who sucks than i'm fine whit it..
Old 2011-12-17, 05:36   Link #108
Soji

Tiresias@Ineed,that's not change that is still the one to blame .(Gai I mean).
Speaking of Gai I remembered something that I did not initially understood but thanks this ep10 I finally do. You remember the episode where Shu used that void to destroy the satellites ? You guys remember when shu hear Gai confession and they have that fight?Gai's face was like he was confused at beginning to hear Shu ask this about Inori .. but he quickly changed face with self-satisfied (from what I remember) and said, Yes.Now I understand the reason for that face, Gai was happy that Shu thought this (probably because of what happened in the past with the other girl).
Old 2011-12-17, 08:51   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Rameeeeeeeeeeee~~~~ (>_<)
And when the heck did you fall for Shu? For what?!
And I thought the girls in Mashiroiro Symphony fell too easily. This is beyond that...

Too bad this comedy has to be 2-cour. 2-cour of Kazamori would have been better...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-12-17, 10:36   Link #110
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, Shu needs to basically go tell FP to go FO -_- First they basically manipulate him into joining and then when he's suffering from some trauma, they threaten to shoot him and basically almost go through with it, all the while, Ayase is like 'SHU, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!". Hey Ayase, friends don't let other people SHOOT THEM for no good reason -_- And considering she was panicking and telling Gai to slow down, I think she really thought he was going to shoot Shu for real. And yet, she did nothing -_-

I vote Shu saves Inori, adopts her as a little sister and go marry Hare.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-17, 10:52   Link #111
Soji

evil|plushie@Speaking of that part, I wonder if Gai did not come if Ayase could get Shu to say the whole story to her(about the vision ecc). But I agree on almost everything else you said.
Quote:
We know that with Hare there will ever be anything is more likely that he will be with Inori ,now that we talk about her. why you say little sister if is because she probably a clone of that girl that was defined in flashback a his big sister. I think there is a misunderstanding here , that girl was probably a big sister like role for Shu, but she was not really his sister (as Maniac already mentioned ) she was probably his first love and for this reason Gai was his rival.(at least for the info from this ep).

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-17 at 12:27.
Old 2011-12-17, 11:34   Link #112
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Man, Shu needs to basically go tell FP to go FO -_- First they basically manipulate him into joining and then when he's suffering from some trauma, they threaten to shoot him and basically almost go through with it, all the while, Ayase is like 'SHU, I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!". Hey Ayase, friends don't let other people SHOOT THEM for no good reason -_- And considering she was panicking and telling Gai to slow down, I think she really thought he was going to shoot Shu for real. And yet, she did nothing -_-

While I agree on almost everything you said, I feel fare would like Shu to choose properly on the woman he will keep by his side in the end.

I mean, he's no Kiritsugu Emiya who can keep Maiya, Iris and Saber by his side. XD
Old 2011-12-17, 12:23   Link #113
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

omg Shu..such a fuckin shoe. You blow off Hare, but then ask if you could stay in touch with Inori. Come on man,

And wtf is this anarchy.
Old 2011-12-17, 12:26   Link #114
hyl
reading #hikaributts

If inori is a clone, how come that she is 16 years old if the lost christmas incident happened 10 years ago?
Old 2011-12-17, 12:28   Link #115
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Maybe she's just unnaturally tall? It would explain why she sometimes speaks like a 10 year old and why she's flat...
Old 2011-12-17, 12:34   Link #116
JediNight
キズランダム

I didn't get the vibe from the scene with Hare that he was hoping to do anything pervy with her. More just the "please just let me lean on your shoulder" type of question.
Old 2011-12-17, 12:42   Link #117
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If inori is a clone, how come that she is 16 years old if the lost christmas incident happened 10 years ago?
If she really is a clone of that girl (which is not certain or at least I'm don't sure about this )Maybe she's like
Spoiler for Blazeblue:
Or ther is the chance that both Inori and the girl who looks like her are clones of someone else.
Old 2011-12-17, 12:44   Link #118
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
yeah thats a head scratcher, I dunno where it was officially stated she was 16 but if true it makes for some confusing situation. The girl from his childhood was older, and then that lost xmas was only 8 years ago. So she either was cloned at a certain age kind of like the Misaka clones from index or they might be different ppl and the girls soul jumped into a new body like Juns did
Old 2011-12-17, 12:48   Link #119
Soji

^Or this...really there are so many possibilities, for now I guess we have to wait and see which one is true.
Old 2011-12-17, 16:07   Link #120
GundamFan

Well things got very messy this episode and to me it seems as if it's mostly Gai and Ayase considering the way he freaked out when he was on that mission with Inori afterwards they should have realized this was something that Shu wasn't going to be able work out on his own or with a you're pathic get it togther speech.
Closed Thread