AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 06:43   Link #261
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ace has a bounty of 550 million and he is ranked between Marco and Jozu on whitebeard's crew
Like ellifeedn pointed out, Ace isn't ranked between Marco and Jozu. Oda mentioned in an SBS that the Division commanders are all equal in terms of authority and that commanders with lower division numbers aren't necessarily stronger than those with higher division numbers. The only reason Ace got promoted to 2nd Division Commander is because the position was vacant at the time and Teach didn't want it.

Ace was shown to be considerably weaker than Marco and Jozu, but this is to be expected since he didn't get to live long enough to reach his full potential.
Old 2012-03-20, 09:40   Link #262
marvelB

Yeah, Ace being the second commander doesn't mean he has lower or higher authority than Marco and Jozu at all (both of whom being his seniors, anyway). I mean, damn..... Aohige had even translated that info in this very thread:

Quote:
Whitebeard pirates commanders are not necessary numbered in the order of their strength!
They are equal to each other, and younger number does not necessary mean they are stronger or have more authority.

BTW, something very interesting to point out: Apparently, Greg had mentioned in his latest podcast that Buggy's bounty was actually canceled out in that bounty exhibit. You all know what this means, right?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 10:23   Link #263
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, Ace being the second commander doesn't mean he has lower or higher authority than Marco and Jozu at all (both of whom being his seniors, anyway). I mean, damn..... Aohige had even translated that info in this very thread:

BTW, something very interesting to point out: Apparently, Greg had mentioned in his latest podcast that Buggy's bounty was actually canceled out in that bounty exhibit. You all know what this means, right?
Maybe not, but it does seem the most prominent members of the WB Pirates are Divisions 1-5...though after that, its anyone's guess as to who is stronger than who...in regards to the others.

I'd like to see Ace's bounty in relation to the rest of his crew or at the very least WB, Marco, Jozu, Thatch (he's dead so it wouldn't kill Oda to at least give him one) & Vista
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 12:59   Link #264
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Well ace is new compare to other commander. So maybe he have lowest bounty as comma.der

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 13:29   Link #265
marvelB

^I dunno.... I'm kinda with MihawkXGP in thinking that Ace's relation to Roger is part of the reason for his high price. I mean for one thing, we don't even know how high his bounty was before he joined Whitebeard.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Thatch (he's dead so it wouldn't kill Oda to at least give him one)

Well, dead longer than Ace, anyway. But yeah, I hope this info means we'll get the prices on Whitebeard and the rest of the commanders soon enough, as well.

BTW, there were also more bounty pictures posted from the exhibit, and interestingly, one of them showed Lucky Roux from Shanks' crew (that fat guy who's always munching on meat). Sadly, his price is blocked as well (pretty sure they're doing that on purpose....), but I really do want to learn what his reward is, since he's pretty much the only guy from Shanks' crew that I'm actually interested in (well, there's also that bald dude with the monkey, buy we didn't get his name (too bad Blue Deep didn't give us that info, either.....)).
Old 2012-03-21, 01:00   Link #266
Undertaker

Same here, I want to get know more about Lucky Roux as well. If I remember correctly didn't one of the SBS or databook said that he is suppose to be pretty damn fast? (too lazy to check the books right now.)

As for Ace, another reason for potential higher bounty might simply be that he was a captain of a crew himself before joining WB. That would give him extra bounties by default assuming that other commanders were with WB before they were notable.
Old 2012-03-22, 06:55   Link #267
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

more wanted poster

Spoiler for pic:

hard to see only info that i can see is Mr 2 is captured not killed

Old 2012-03-22, 09:10   Link #268
marvelB

Wow, I like how we even got some of the more recently revealed bounties like Fisher Tiger, Pekoms, and Law's post-skip price. And hey MihawkXGP, it looks like they met halfway through with your request and showed the bounty posters for Whitebeard and the most prominent commanders (but sadly, we see none of their prices). Also, looking at that picture.... Buggy's poster doesn't seem to show that his bounty was canceled out, either (so I guess that earlier info was wrong?) Oh well then, guess Oda didn't want to spoil TOO much outside of the manga. Still, seeing as we even got a poster for Mr. 3/Gadino, I hope this means he got a huge bounty hike after breaking out of ID with Buggy, as well.....
Old 2012-03-22, 09:28   Link #269
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

lol. Such a tease. It has their wanted posters but clearly no bounty is listed on them anyway...

Maybe he's just waiting to gradually show higher and higher bounties as he progreses into the NW.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:42   Link #270
-Rhythm
けいおん!

The only bounty i'm interested in is Bepo's. =X
Old 2012-03-28, 02:55   Link #271
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm not sure if this was mentioned,
but one of the "notebooks" for settings and etc for Oda scattered on the desk from the images shown, was Wano country, lying near notebooks of Fishman Island, OP character history, and techinques.

I guess we may see Wano Country pretty soon after the current PH arc.
Old 2012-03-28, 03:13   Link #272
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Good to see that Bellamy and Sarkies re still alive. I actually enjoyed them back in Skypiea..... though I AM surprised to see Roshio still alive. Also glad that Bon Clay is still alive~ <3

With Buggy not a Shichibukai though... that DOES raise the question as to what the government wanted with him.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:35   Link #273
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm not sure if this was mentioned,
but one of the "notebooks" for settings and etc for Oda scattered on the desk from the images shown, was Wano country, lying near notebooks of Fishman Island, OP character history, and techinques.

I guess we may see Wano Country pretty soon after the current PH arc.

Well, that's not too surprising considering that a samurai from Wano was even introduced in the current arc. Anyways, thanks for the info.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:23   Link #274
marvelB

And now it's time for the usual SBS leak! So which characters will we see as kids this time:

Spoiler:

Very nice surprise. And guess what..... here's a bonus:

Yes, it's YOUNG KOKORO!! And yikes, it looks like old father time was NOT kind her at all (but hey, more hot milfs! ). Now this makes me wonder if Oda will do younger versions of old ladies like Dr. Kureha or Elder Nyon.....

Of course, I'll be keeping an eye out for additional info!
Old 2012-04-30, 13:36   Link #275
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

interesting. do oda really use "before" & "after"

Old 2012-04-30, 15:37   Link #276
marvelB

BTW, something else really interesting to discuss: You know that "One Piece Ten" exhibit where we learned Ace's bounty? Well, there's a book that was recently released called "Eternal Log" that basically covered all the exhibits from the event. But what's really neat is that it has some behind-the-scenes stuff that shows how the events was set up. What's also cool is that the book contains both Japanese and English text! But now the main point of this post: The book contains an interview with Oda and he talks about his plans for the final stretch of the story near the end of it. Here's a pic of that section of the interview along with an excerpt (credit goes to s7evin from AP forums for the pic):

Spoiler:

Quote:
-Many are looking forward to what happens next in One Piece. Could you give us a message for them ?
Oda: One thing that motivates me to keep drawing One Piece is that I want to draw the last chapter. The last chapter is amazing! I imagine a final chapter that will make the Marineford arc look like nothing.
Nakata: Seriously?!
Oda: The Marineford arc really felt like a side trip to me. I didn’t expect it to be so popular. So I don’t know how readers will take this one. But the thing I think is really interesting will be in that last chapter. Until then, I’d like as many of the fans as possible to stick with me.
Nakata : Believe me, they will. I’m looking forward to finding out what happens next, too!
Oda: Yessir!

Man, so Oda considered Marineford to be a "side trip".... that must mean he has something beyond epic in mind for the last storyline. BTW, even though he says "last chapter" in the interview, I'm pretty sure he meant "last arc". After all, I doubt an entire war could be contained in a single chapter. Heh, I wonder if this means that eyepatch pirate Oda hinted at a few years back will be a major figure in this last arc, as well.....?
Old 2012-04-30, 16:07   Link #277
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Even though we're anticipating the final arc to be significantly more grand than the Marineford war, that's still sweet news to read. Of course, we've got a LONG way to go until then. But Oda can be certain that we definitely intend to still along for the ride .
Old 2012-04-30, 18:55   Link #278
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
And yikes, it looks like old father time was NOT kind her at all (but hey, more hot milfs! )
Alcohol is not good for the body.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:22   Link #279
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Even though we're anticipating the final arc to be significantly more grand than the Marineford war, that's still sweet news to read. Of course, we've got a LONG way to go until then.
Such as those three islands Smoker talked about, the Wano country, Mariejoie, Whole Cake Island, and who knows what other islands there are in the New World. Besides the new recruits for the Strawhat crew (which would add up to 10, 12, or even 16 members total) I'm still waiting on who the new Shichibukai would be, what happened to the other Supernovas (which would technically have to include Caribou and Coribou), the full appearances of Big Mom, Kaidou, and Vegapunk, and especially Blackbeard's plans involving hunting down Devil Fruit users.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 23:23   Link #280
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
^ Don't forget the Fishman Island arc isn't even half done yet.