AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-19, 21:05   Link #201
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerull
Anyone have any idea why Sakura always refers to herself with "boku"? I don't know much about Japanese, but I thought boku was usually only used by guys, or maybe tomboyish girls. Sakura doesn't seem very tomboyish though.
Seems to be a trend with certain styles of cute anime females... From the back of my head, Ayu from Kanon and Mireille from .hack//Twilight also use it for some reason, even though they don't act very tomboy like either (though they do have personalities similar to Sakura's in some ways)
Old 2003-12-19, 23:35   Link #202
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Episode 25??? Dude, I only see up through 21 on the site. Well, of course if they're posted elsewhere I could understand that.
Old 2003-12-19, 23:59   Link #203
KBTKaiser

Raiden, I'm talking about Da Capo's official site at www.hatsunejima.com
They have ep summaries up to ep 25.

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2003-12-20 at 00:41.
Old 2003-12-20, 09:20   Link #204
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ah, ok. I was wondering how you got ahold of that. hehe
Old 2003-12-20, 11:53   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser
And something to keep this topic rolling...
Spoiler:
Here's my number one fear for the ending of this show, given that I have absolutely no clue how it's going to end. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags, because there are references to things that have already happened, but obviously I have no idea what's going to happen. (I've only seen up to 21, also.)

Spoiler:

If something like that happens to end the series, I would be unbelievably upset. Please, just don't do it! At least the ending to Kanon was somewhat happy, so I still have hope...
Old 2003-12-20, 12:02   Link #206
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Aw geez... just checked out the official website and went about deciphering the Episode 25 summary also... and came up with a worse potential ending...

Spoiler:

Aw geez... please don't do it! Man, I am almost dreading the ending now... but at the same time I can't wait to see what happens! Grr...
Old 2003-12-20, 12:07   Link #207
monir
cho~ kakkoii

hmm..if either of those happens, especially the first one, then I would have to say that the animators will be chickening out from all those complication they have created up to these point. They dont know how or they dont dare to do a different kind of ending. It will be sad if Nemu dies in the end. Good theories. I always thought that the easy way to end the story for them would be to show that
Spoiler:

edit: heh..I have just seen your second post with the spoilers..heh..
Old 2003-12-20, 12:24   Link #208
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
hmm..if either of those happens, especially the first one, then I would have to say that the animators will be chickening out from all those complication they have created up to these point. They dont know how or they dont dare to do a different kind of ending. It will be sad if Nemu dies in the end. Good theories. I always thought that the easy way to end the story for them would be to show that
Spoiler:
Yeah, I agree - these endings would be chickening out.

One of the things that surprised me the most about this series is the recurring theme of consequences. Unlike so many anime which just kind of seem to "reset" every so often, the main characters in Da Capo made decisions, and those decisions had wide ranging consequences. Asakura's decision about Nemu, Sakura's decision about the Sakura tree... in most animes of this type (at least the ones I've seen), all these decisions would have happened right at the very very end, with only maybe one episode for denouement. In this series, though, they chose to do it a lot sooner, which really surprised me. That's why I definitely agree that any of these "bad" ending ideas would be chickening out.

Anyways, I guess all we can do now is wait and see what happens. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the next episodes can't come quickly enough!
Old 2003-12-20, 18:43   Link #209
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I hope they don't chicken out. Especially since I want to find out who that d*mn cat guy is!!
Old 2003-12-20, 18:54   Link #210
KBTKaiser

Well, here's my take on the cat guys.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-21, 03:14   Link #211
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Good Lord, I'm sitting here watching Da Capo trying to get caught up on the episodes, and it's one side story after another. The show bounces around about as much as a soap opera almost. Sheesh. Not only that, but all the humor seems to have gone out of it and now we're riding some emotional rollercoaster from hell. Sheesh.......I want more!!

This has really got me curious for the last 5 episodes now. I wanna see how they end this, because it ought to be just something else.
Old 2003-12-22, 17:57   Link #212
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Aw geez... just checked out the official website and went about deciphering the Episode 25 summary also... and came up with a worse potential ending...

Spoiler:

Aw geez... please don't do it! Man, I am almost dreading the ending now... but at the same time I can't wait to see what happens! Grr...
It is "a dream," but not in the way you think of it.

If you had played the game beforehand, you will know:

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-22, 19:54   Link #213
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Awesome explantion Kj1980. I guess only someone who has actually played the game could understand the world of D.C. like you. D.C. is turning out to be an very good meaniful anime which most people gave up on in earlier episodes, man were they mistaken. The plot is so good, that I can't believe it when I first started watching I thought it was going to be another typical boring love/comedy anime.

AKeep/Aone just realesed ep22, which made me a little sad to see Yoriko
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-22, 20:06   Link #214
corp20
Internet God

I really liked the explaination Kj1980 gave. I never played the game. But if it is remotely as good as you summarized it to be I need to play it. They should have spent more time with Moe-chan. If I didn't read that I wouldn't know her full story. Thank you.
Old 2003-12-22, 20:20   Link #215
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
They should have spent more time with Moe-chan. If I didn't read that I wouldn't know her full story. Thank you.
Me too I had no idea
Spoiler:
I have an question maybe KJ or someone who knows can answer this. Does the Sakura tree grant the other townsfolks wishes/dreams also or is it only to a few?
Old 2003-12-23, 00:14   Link #216
EternalBlue
☼~永遠なる青~☼

Hehe awesome. I'm still downloading ep22 but this series has gotten to the top of my list for plot line ^^. I can't wait to se how they decide to finish it, most likely like the game but who knows ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Does the Sakura tree grant the other townsfolks wishes/dreams also or is it only to a few?
I'm pretty sure the Sakura Tree affects the other people in the town too, but then they really go into much detail about the townspeople so one can only guess that it does affect them but we never get to see it.
Old 2003-12-23, 00:24   Link #217
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, off the subject of the ending (of which I'm now totally dying to see. Thanks guys for recommending this excellent anime!! ) but I noticed something. What the heck is that big pink teddy I see running around school and in classes?? It's even in a school uni. Is that part of what kj1980 mentioned about dealing with what's happening and the upcoming ending?
Old 2003-12-23, 00:34   Link #218
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hey, off the subject of the ending (of which I'm now totally dying to see. Thanks guys for recommending this excellent anime!! ) but I noticed something. What the heck is that big pink teddy I see running around school and in classes?? It's even in a school uni. Is that part of what kj1980 mentioned about dealing with what's happening and the upcoming ending?
read page 7 of this thread and you'll find what that pink teddy bear is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I have an question maybe KJ or someone who knows can answer this. Does the Sakura tree grant the other townsfolks wishes/dreams also or is it only to a few?
I would assume the latter there are new characters in the D.C.P.S. that should involve the Sakura tree's impact on those characters one way or the other. But people need to wish hard...not something shallow like "I wish I were rich."
Old 2003-12-23, 03:02   Link #219
relentlessflame

*Administrator

kj1980 - thank you for your summary. I really wish there were more of a market for games like Da Capo in North America, because I know that I (and many others) would love to play them. I really wish I could understand enough Japanese.

The "dream" ending I was dreading most was more along the lines of "and they all woke up from the dream as if nothing had ever happened".

I guess I was not aware, though, that it would be illegal for Nemu and Asakura to be married, given that there is no blood relation. I certainly realized it would be wierd, though, and that many people would *perceive* it as being wrong. (Then again, in some cultures, people would perceive marrying your first cousin as wrong, also.)

But of course this begs the question... (speculative spoilers)
Spoiler:

Oh geez... now I'm getting worked up.

Episode 22 was awesome, by the way - thanks to AonE and HQA for the early Christmas present. And once again, I can't wait for the next one! This series is amazing; I agree with Keitarou20: anyone who gave up early on Da Capo is really missing out.
Old 2003-12-23, 03:24   Link #220
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Finished Epd 22, was one of best epd of them all, but too bad Yoriko have to ... u guys go watch it for yourself if u haven't

And judging from kj's explanation, things are still going to get wavey.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs