AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-27, 01:21   Link #25961
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Guys, the gun control thread was closed for a reason...
Old 2013-01-27, 01:26   Link #25962
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Guys, the gun control thread was closed for a reason...
Which is why I only talked about the DUI part
Old 2013-01-27, 01:30   Link #25963
Lightning_Wing

It would be better to drop the topic altogether, lest this be closed and combed by moderators as well.
Old 2013-01-27, 01:33   Link #25964
GundamFan0083

I agree, let's move on to something that is more relevant and quite frankly scary.

Iran official: Attack on Syria is attack on Iran
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-26-14-55-01
Old 2013-01-27, 01:43   Link #25965
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Two things. First, flying....get a clue. Second, the gun control thread was closed because of arguments like this. Stop, please. And don't feed the trolls.

Last edited by Solace; 2013-01-27 at 01:49. Reason: i r gud at werdz
Old 2013-01-27, 02:07   Link #25966
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I agree, let's move on to something that is more relevant and quite frankly scary.

Iran official: Attack on Syria is attack on Iran
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-26-14-55-01
Which side of Syria?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-27, 03:22   Link #25967
GundamFan0083

LOL!
Syria is a mess right now.

Syria Deputy PM: Russia Still Sending Arms to Damascus
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/6...ms-to-damascus

Now, I haven't been keeping up with Russian politics.
Are their treaties from the old USSR still in effect under the Russian Federation?
Or do they have to negotiate new treaties with countries like Syria?
Just curious since the USSR no longer exits.
Old 2013-01-27, 03:34   Link #25968
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Certain treaties get inherited by the governments that come after preexisting governemnts. Especially if the new government it trying to maintain trade ties and the like.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:24   Link #25969
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Oh look, flying is trolling again. Cue surprise from absolutely no one.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:32   Link #25970
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh look, flying is trolling again. Cue surprise from absolutely no one.
Good trolling requires some understanding of the topic. There's no glimmer evident
Old 2013-01-27, 07:47   Link #25971
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Studies outline cost of crime in Latin America
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90N15920130124
Quote:
A series of original studies commissioned by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) quantify the costs of crime and violence in Latin America and the Caribbean using a combination of crime, health and economic statistics to come to fresh conclusions.
In Brazil, one study found people pay an extra $13 billion to gain a sense of security alone, while in Uruguay economic activity suffers a negative impact of more than 3.0 percent of gross domestic product, while long-term generational impacts are found on the health of babies born to mothers who suffer from physical violence.
Old 2013-01-27, 10:54   Link #25972
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Are their treaties from the old USSR still in effect under the Russian Federation?
Russia has their own version of the American banksters. They are called "oil oligarches", and both of them only work for their personal enrichment at the expense of the rest of society.

I suspect that Assad, with less and less control over his land, is bartering whatever oil reserves he has on hand with corporate Russia in exchange for weapons to turn things into a stalemate. Even worse is that these trades are handled probably by some of the finest minds of Russia, many of them may be hardline pro-communist ex-KGB or Spetznaz GRU who seek revenge on America and willingly do work for anyone aligned with their interests. Gazprom probably controls Kremlin instead of the other way round.

Plutocracy seemed to be the in thing amongst governments nowadays. Even the CCP in China are learning the ropes. We are going to live in a funny world in this century : corporate America controls the world's money supply, corporate Russia controls the world's gas supply, and corporate China controls the world's metal supplies.

So who wants to control the world's water supply?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-27, 12:05   Link #25973
Tom Bombadil

What a strange weekend! The US tested an NMD missile, China tested its own missile defense system, India tested its submarine launched missile, and Japan launched a couple of spy satellites with one rocket. All in one weekend.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2013-01-27 at 12:19.
Old 2013-01-27, 13:46   Link #25974
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Russia has their own version of the American banksters. They are called "oil oligarches", and both of them only work for their personal enrichment at the expense of the rest of society.

I suspect that Assad, with less and less control over his land, is bartering whatever oil reserves he has on hand with corporate Russia in exchange for weapons to turn things into a stalemate. Even worse is that these trades are handled probably by some of the finest minds of Russia, many of them may be hardline pro-communist ex-KGB or Spetznaz GRU who seek revenge on America and willingly do work for anyone aligned with their interests. Gazprom probably controls Kremlin instead of the other way round.

Plutocracy seemed to be the in thing amongst governments nowadays. Even the CCP in China are learning the ropes. We are going to live in a funny world in this century : corporate America controls the world's money supply, corporate Russia controls the world's gas supply, and corporate China controls the world's metal supplies.

So who wants to control the world's water supply?
Well that does make sense then.
So Russia has more in common with the US than I thought.
Thank you for that information SaintessHeart, I didn't know any of that.
Poor Russia, to be in the same kind of corporate noose that we here in the US are in makes me weep for the common people of the world.
It's absolutely crazy that so few people control so much whether they are in Russia, China, or the United States.
These Oligarchs need to go.
With the info you have provided Saintess, I think it is safe to guess at the possibility that the Syrian crisis is about far more than just political change for "Democracy."
I'm willing to bet the Military Industrial Complex is pushed for a war with Syria and Iran so that they can make a mint on the conflict.
The international banks would finance such a conflict, so I can see them making "gentlemen's agreements" with our politicians, and if the Russian Oil Barons stand to acquire new assets after the conflict then I would imagine they'd be on board as well.
After all, what's the lives of a few thousand "little people" when big business profits are at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Certain treaties get inherited by the governments that come after preexisting governemnts. Especially if the new government it trying to maintain trade ties and the like.
I suspected, but did not know, that Ithekro.
Thank you for clarifying.
So the Russian-Syrian treaty is probably just a new version of the old Soviet treaty they had.
That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
What a strange weekend! The US tested an NMD missile, China tested its own missile defense system, India tested its submarine launched missile, and Japan launched a couple of spy satellites with one rocket. All in one weekend.
Tell me about it.
Did any of you see this insanity in Brazil!

At least 232 die in Brazilian nightclub fire 'after indoor fireworks display during band performance'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2JCeRnBN1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2013-01-27 at 14:07. Reason: typed on Nexus 7, fixed with laptop
Old 2013-01-27, 13:52   Link #25975
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

In truth, Europe is not free from corporate interests either. They're a bit more subtle though.
Old 2013-01-27, 14:38   Link #25976
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Well that does make sense then.
So Russia has more in common with the US than I thought.
Thank you for that information SaintessHeart, I didn't know any of that.
Poor Russia, to be in the same kind of corporate noose that we here in the US are in makes me weep for the common people of the world.
It's absolutely crazy that so few people control so much whether they are in Russia, China, or the United States.
These Oligarchs need to go.
With the info you have provided Saintess, I think it is safe to guess at the possibility that the Syrian crisis is about far more than just political change for "Democracy."
I'm willing to bet the Military Industrial Complex is pushed for a war with Syria and Iran so that they can make a mint on the conflict.
The international banks would finance such a conflict, so I can see them making "gentlemen's agreements" with our politicians, and if the Russian Oil Barons stand to acquire new assets after the conflict then I would imagine they'd be on board as well.
After all, what's the lives of a few thousand "little people" when big business profits are at stake.
Even US had pulled out of Iraq, the lives of the people had changed little - people still store AK-47s under their carpets and mattresses as a form of insurance, and the people who hole themselves up in the US Embassy go out there only to cut oil deals.

It is a pity Kuwait still hold some form of animosity towards Iraq thanks to the war 2 decades ago; otherwise they would have evened the economic scale through an oil-producing coalition with Iraq against Saudi Arabia.

Iran's conflict is unavoidable. The pessimistic side of me thinks that they will form some sort of coalition with North Korea, subvert Iraq, take over Pakistan and Kuwait then try to conquer Saudi Arabia. Iran probably has the most powerful and advanced military in the Mideast in terms of brute force and strength in numbers, so I don't see why they don't snap and whack when they are pushed into a corner.

And North Korea will probably form some sort of Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with China, overrun SK, and while China stalls the 7th Fleet they make a trip to Japan.

It is only this time round's nuclear war, Iran will be wiped off the face of the Earth alongside Afghanistan and Iraq as world powers become desperate in stopping the conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
In truth, Europe is not free from corporate interests either. They're a bit more subtle though.
With the new season of the EPL starting, a friend of mine joked that Europe only has one corporate interest - and that is Big Football. Even the mobs and mafia wash their money there.

Old 2013-01-27, 15:23   Link #25977
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
With the new season of the EPL starting, a friend of mine joked that Europe only has one corporate interest - and that is Big Football. Even the mobs and mafia wash their money there.
Yes, some pretty shady stuff goes on around football...

In case anyone doesn't know it, Europe contains the headquarters of more megacorps the the USA does (I believe it's about 170, compared 150 in the US).
Old 2013-01-27, 16:06   Link #25978
konart

Quote:
LOL!
Syria is a mess right now.

Syria Deputy PM: Russia Still Sending Arms to Damascus
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/6...ms-to-damascus

We also have a naval facility in Syria.
Quote:
Tartus is the last Russian military facility outside the former Soviet Union, and its only Mediterranean repair and replenishment spot, sparing Russia’s warships the trip back to their Black Sea bases through the Turkish Straits
via wiki
Old 2013-01-27, 16:10   Link #25979
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

It pretty much the reason why Russia is "helping" Syria goverment

Old 2013-01-27, 16:10   Link #25980
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also why there are even Russian warships in the area at all.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international