AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-02-20, 22:34   Link #321
Ifurita
Demon God

Looks like the next edition of Pullip-RM is going to be out soon. It's Desu's twin!

Ifurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:12   Link #322
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
I hope they don't change a thing on that Sousieseki doll...she looks much better than I'd anticipated!
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 12:48   Link #323
Ifurita
Demon God

Supposedly, these cases cost USD $70 a pop, so 7 dolls, you're looking at USD $490! Or, to look at it in a nicer way, each Pullip "set" (doll+case) will be USD $170. That makes collecting them quite expensive: USD $1190!!! However, I'm suspecting that most people may not purchase the entire set of RM Pullips, nor a case for each doll, so it may not be so bad.

Now, I just need to wait for HLJ or somewhere else to have them up so I can give my Gin a case of her very own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
Just came across this little advert (I soooo need at least one of these!!):
Ifurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 22:10   Link #324
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifurita View Post
That makes collecting them quite expensive: USD $1190!!! However, I'm suspecting that most people may not purchase the entire set of RM Pullips, nor a case for each doll, so it may not be so bad.
Which is still almost the equivalent of just one Volks Shinku....heheh.

I really don't see a need for a case for each doll...where would someone keep them all? I think a case for a collection would suffice, allowing you to display them on or around it (or keep it for a favorite doll...).
Old 2007-02-22, 15:43   Link #325
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Eh... the Hina-ichigo Drama CD is up at alice-game.com... Sorry I was a bit late on this one!
Old 2007-02-24, 01:40   Link #326
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 04:21   Link #327
Alucard24

What is that game about ? is just fixed image with text or a real game ?
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 06:08   Link #328
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
I know there is a Rozen Maiden game, but only released in Japan so far.. Seems decent.. You can also download it on you're PC and play it..

I have it downloaded, just doesn't seem to work for me though

Also I think there is a new one on the way out in Japan.. Correct me if I am wrong..
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 11:14   Link #329
Kittie Rose

I can't find it anywhere. Surprised it's not linked to in a sticky, there are no real legal issues attached since it's a fangame. It's no different from fanart really...
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 13:03   Link #330
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
I know there is a Rozen Maiden game, but only released in Japan so far.. Seems decent.. You can also download it on you're PC and play it..

I have it downloaded, just doesn't seem to work for me though

Also I think there is a new one on the way out in Japan.. Correct me if I am wrong..
Are you talking about AliBat? Yeah...it's a bitch to get running. Try going to http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55038&page=5 for help. I ended up realizing that all I needed was a Japanese language pack (it doesn't have to be running, just present), and have been able to play it ever since I grabbed one from the Microsoft page.
Old 2007-02-24, 18:54   Link #331
Shinku Acolyte
Cool Cat

Gebetgarten is an actual game, not fan-made, and it's a cell-shaded fighting game. It's coming out soon in Japan (unless it's out already).
AliBat is the fan-made game, which is also a fighting game.
klinton, it sounds as though you did not have a Japanese language pack in the first place, in which case you were in the same situation I am now. Can you tell me where I can find one that will allow me to play AliBat?

Last edited by Shinku Acolyte; 2007-02-24 at 19:11. Reason: realization that my dream will come true
Shinku Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 22:50   Link #332
klinton

Yeah, just go to the Microsoft site. They have it there.
Old 2007-02-24, 23:22   Link #333
Kittie Rose

I have a bit of a problem with the Shinku dolls I've see.

Her hair is golden, whereas in the anime it's light blonde. This is an important difference as it helps differentiate her from Hina Ichigo(not that they look similiar, but still). She's also too "sweet" looking, her eyes don't have that slight hint of anger that make her Shinku. The dolls look like they're "dressed up" as Shinku, not that they are Shinku.

Unless there HAS been one made that does look like her. That'd make me very happy indeed.
Old 2007-02-25, 01:16   Link #334
Shinku Acolyte
Cool Cat

^Yeah, I've seen a lot that do resemble her though. Thing is, I can never find out where to get one. I wonder if people get custom dolls to look like Shinku and the rest of the Rozen Maidens. Must be expensive though :'(.
Shinku Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 02:57   Link #335
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
Are you talking about AliBat? Yeah...it's a bitch to get running. Try going to http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55038&page=5 for help. I ended up realizing that all I needed was a Japanese language pack (it doesn't have to be running, just present), and have been able to play it ever since I grabbed one from the Microsoft page.
That linkmakesmego to Adobe Home page or something lol..
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 08:38   Link #336
Lost

Hmm, what do you guys think about this Shinku figure?

Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 10:20   Link #337
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinku Acolyte View Post
^Yeah, I've seen a lot that do resemble her though. Thing is, I can never find out where to get one. I wonder if people get custom dolls to look like Shinku and the rest of the Rozen Maidens. Must be expensive though :'(.
I doubt they're any more expensive than the Pullip those, those ARE expensive. If the custom people were clever they'd charge the same price, meaning they'd still be making a massive profit(as you don't need necessarily need that much raw material to make a doll).

Hopefully with the DVDs coming to the west and another series being made this year, we'll see some decent official dolls/action figures. I'd nearly prefer action figures, I think, especially if they were all cute and 3 inches tall, but I'd love a full size 24 inch doll too; I wouldn't pay for than $100 for it though unless it was exceptionally beautiful.
Old 2007-02-25, 11:04   Link #338
klinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I doubt they're any more expensive than the Pullip those, those ARE expensive. If the custom people were clever they'd charge the same price, meaning they'd still be making a massive profit(as you don't need necessarily need that much raw material to make a doll).

Hopefully with the DVDs coming to the west and another series being made this year, we'll see some decent official dolls/action figures. I'd nearly prefer action figures, I think, especially if they were all cute and 3 inches tall, but I'd love a full size 24 inch doll too; I wouldn't pay for than $100 for it though unless it was exceptionally beautiful.
Wow...you really don't seem to comprehend the pricing on dolls.

$100 is the low end of the scale for collectible dolls. Pullips are more of a mass market thing than anything else (sold in toy shops overseas like Barbie is in America). A high end Barbie doll (just a Barbie with a custom make up and outfit) can run you a few hundred dollars.

For a custom BJD doll (more or less what the Rozen Maidens are in the series) you are looking at hundreds of dollars. The basic body alone is going to run you over $100...not counting things like custom eyes, hair and the cost/time involved in the materials for the outfit. A truly accurate Rozen doll is going to cost you more or less what the Volks Shiku was priced at...

I hope too that they make action figures...but the ones worth owning won't be local. As with any anime property, any American efforts are usually half assed at best (the exception, I think being stuff McFarlane did for Akira and Ghost in the Shell). The only thing the release stateside might accomplish is making those imports more readily available...but I'm not going to hold my breath, as Rozen seems destined to have a small nieche fanbase. I'll be happy to see the DVD's finish thier release cycle, to be honest (but would be extatic if it managed to catch on and achieve a level of popularity!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
That linkmakesmego to Adobe Home page or something lol..
hmmm....try this (sorry):

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Hmm, what do you guys think about this Shinku figure?

I like that one! I can't say I care for the paint wash on her bloomers...but overall, it's a nice figure. It's very elegant...looking sinister from afar but more sensetive and soft when you really look at it (much like Shinku herself).

Quote:
I have a bit of a problem with the Shinku dolls I've see.

Her hair is golden, whereas in the anime it's light blonde. This is an important difference as it helps differentiate her from Hina Ichigo(not that they look similiar, but still). She's also too "sweet" looking, her eyes don't have that slight hint of anger that make her Shinku. The dolls look like they're "dressed up" as Shinku, not that they are Shinku.

Unless there HAS been one made that does look like her. That'd make me very happy indeed.

I know the make-up on the Pullip doll seems a little too 'nice' for Shinku (even more so with Sugintou...heh), but it's all about the angle. Of all the Rozen Maiden merchandise out there, I think the most accurate representation of her is in fact the Pullip (right down to the size of the head....as when you look at the animation, her head is indeed as wide as her shoulders). I'll try and take some pictures this week and show you what I mean...But I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more accurate representation.

Hinaichigo though, is another matter entirely...the sour expression of the Dal stock head is completely out of true for her. This doesn't bother me so much though, as she's really not a favorite character for me...so as long as I have her, I'm not gonna cry that it's not perfect. This might be a point of contention though for someone who loves her....

Last edited by NightWish; 2007-02-25 at 12:27. Reason: Merged 4 posts...
Old 2007-02-25, 12:52   Link #339
Kittie Rose

I love Hina Ichigo >.>

What about Ragdolls/plushies? Those may work better for characters like Hina anyway... and are very cheap to make :/ Surprised there haven't been any. I might learn how to make them myself! Make some cute little thingies...

I'm not a doll collector, no. I collect Robot figures(Transformers, Gundam), random game figures and Marvel figures. I'd feel a bit too girly spending several hundred dollars on a doll when I could, buy, like, TWO Perfect Grade Gundam for that price.

Man, two Perfect Grade Gundam... that sounds pretty sweet.
Old 2007-02-25, 13:00   Link #340
klinton

Quote:
I'm not a doll collector, no. I collect Robot figures(Transformers, Gundam), random game figures and Marvel figures. I'd feel a bit too girly spending several hundred dollars on a doll when I could, buy, like, TWO Perfect Grade Gundam for that price.
Heh. Me either, until I saw the Rozen Pullips. I dunno if I think it's overly 'girly' though...no worse than my action figures and such (I mean seriously, at nearly thirty...collecting any of this stuff is mighty lame to the average observer...heh). I was shocked too when I started looking around for a place to order the Rozen dolls...the pricing on a lot of that stuff is insane. But I guess it's all good to those who are really into it. Dunno.