Old 2010-06-30, 22:52   Link #202
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

@wandering-dreamer

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-01, 10:01   Link #203
Ansalem
Speaker

This second season was as enjoyable as the first. Sad it's over already.
Old 2010-07-01, 10:10   Link #204
Jarppa

Yeah it was good season. Too bad that now there will be very long break before next season if there ever will be next one. There's no new manga material yet Or that what i heard. I hope im wrong.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:42   Link #205
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I actually didn't like the second season as much, because so much of it was taken up by game episodes. I think eps like 13 are OoFuri at its best - the feckless camaraderie of the boys and Mihoshi agonizingly trying to come out of his shell. The last ep was the best of the season for me, because it reminded my of the first season. Finishing with the best ep of the series doesn't happen too often, so that's a pretty good thing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 00:50   Link #206
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I actually didn't like the second season as much, because so much of it was taken up by game episodes.
... eh? o_O
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 00:52   Link #207
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
Yeah it was good season. Too bad that now there will be very long break before next season if there ever will be next one. There's no new manga material yet Or that what i heard. I hope im wrong.
I think it's more an issue of ending the season in the right spot. There's plenty of material beyond what they animated so far, but I think if they went to 26 episodes it would end in a somewhat awkward place. Season 1 and season 2 ended at natural breaks in the storyline.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 05:04   Link #208
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarppa View Post
the newest manga should be vol.14 .. i haven't read it yet but in vol 13 nishiura still played with bijou...

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 05:25   Link #209
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I actually didn't like the second season as much, because so much of it was taken up by game episodes. I think eps like 13 are OoFuri at its best - the feckless camaraderie of the boys and Mihoshi agonizingly trying to come out of his shell. The last ep was the best of the season for me, because it reminded my of the first season. Finishing with the best ep of the series doesn't happen too often, so that's a pretty good thing.
you surely weird dude, I think most people (especially the guy) love OoFuri because the games, and not too mention you the one who always talk about mushy-mushy in OoFuri
And since S1 the pattern is always like this, 10 eps for 1 game
Old 2010-07-02, 08:15   Link #210
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I actually didn't like the second season as much, because so much of it was taken up by game episodes.
Well, not sure it's for the same reason, but I too found that I enjoyed the first season more than the second.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:24   Link #211
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Well, not sure it's for the same reason, but I too found that I enjoyed the first season more than the second.
Because its only 13 episode ? me too

Btw, I'm feel less enjoyed too, but more Impressed honestly. Chara development on this season make me smile.
Old 2010-07-02, 09:34   Link #212
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
you surely weird dude, I think most people (especially the guy) love OoFuri because the games, and not too mention you the one who always talk about mushy-mushy in OoFuri
And since S1 the pattern is always like this, 10 eps for 1 game
I like the game episodes too - but what, maybe 10 or 11 of the 13 were almost entirely on the field. By proportion that's an awful lot compared to the first season.

I think the "mushy-mushy" as you describe it is part of what makes this series what it is. It's hilarious at times, but that's part of the charm.
Old 2010-07-02, 10:12   Link #213
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Proportionally a lot? I don't remember the first season having more than 4-6 of the mushy mushy episodes myself...
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 10:45   Link #214
Theowne
耳をすませば

I agree. While it's true that Oofuri does the so-called "mushy" stuff well, I can't say it was more important to me than the exciting, unique, detailed approach to baseball games. And considering my typicxal taste in anime, that says a lot about the games. The match against Tousei was and still is one of my favourite anime arcs altogether.

I do agree that the second season doesn't match up, though the second match was near-Tousei level. And as mentioned, the character development was just great.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 12:34   Link #215
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would say the two sides of the series were equally important to me. It just felt like they were more equally represented in the first series than the second.
Old 2010-07-02, 14:52   Link #216
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I like the mushy-mushy episodes but not too many at once, for me the real draw are the games and all the tension in those.
Gah, can't wait for the SAVE edition of the first season to come out now, all this talk makes me want to re-watch the first season again.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 05:29   Link #217
tsunade666

I didn't even notice much the mushy-mushy part. The way they struggle to win and how the game is played are enough for me. It's just one of the many baseball theme anime but this one doesn't rely on brute speed power of the pitcher making the pitcher shine too much. The game here is played by all and that makes me love this more than the other baseball theme anime that I have watched.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 12:24   Link #218
ditn

I have just finished watching two seasons in a row, and I thought it was pretty good.(It was something different for a change.)
I'm also glad the writer has the guts to make them lose a game and with big score. At least now you will never know if they win or lose.
And it also won't be a miracle game each time.

It was also nice to see the exact opposite of major.

Does anyone have an idea how far the manga is ahead and when/if a next season comes out? And will there be another ova?
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 05:34   Link #219
ditn

no one here?
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 06:22   Link #220
tsunade666

I think the anime manage to cover until vol 14 or something. The manga is monthly plus the latest is only around 70 or around 80. The anime mage to cover up to 50+ chapters.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports