AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 10:50   Link #121
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Interesting guide, but...Garen's not a tank. In the video above, Ryze seems to love spell-spamming him, but Garen's got no taunts and is good for silencing mages and finishing off heroes; he's not an initiator, and he's got his share of cooldowns. Early game, buffing him up is good, because any amount of damage becomes significant easily, but later on he was just pushing turrets and harassing in-between lanes, soaking with capes...anyway, at least he doesn't die much
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 11:03   Link #122
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Interesting guide, but...Garen's not a tank. In the video above, Ryze seems to love spell-spamming him, but Garen's got no taunts and is good for silencing mages and finishing off heroes; he's not an initiator, and he's got his share of cooldowns. Early game, buffing him up is good, because any amount of damage becomes significant easily, but later on he was just pushing turrets and harassing in-between lanes, soaking with capes...anyway, at least he doesn't die much
You build him as a tank, and act as a tank. That doesn't mean he's a tank, it's just that he's way more effective when you build him as a tank than as a DPS. His true dps comes from the Sunfires, really. Heck, he only need a Merc Tread and one Sunfire, and it's time to roll on dead bodies. There is a reason he's constantly banned in ranked games.

Beside, I don't trust the spotlight much. Most of the time it's just fail in higher elo game.

[edit]
I guess you need more clarification. The moment you put any dps item on Garen, his spinning's dps become lower than auto attacking, and that's counterproductive, while if you are stacking Sunfire, it raise your dps tremendously. A tanky Garen is way too annoying to ignore, and a good Garen initiate with his silence skill. Yes, you read that right. You don't need an AoE taunting like Galio (Galio is failed as tank, though), or AoE rooting as Amumu to become a tank. Look at Shen, aside from his taunting, he doesn't contribute much in team fight, then why he's considered a good tank? Garen is considered a tank because if people ignore him, he will be soaking damage so high that it's not funny to watch.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:21   Link #123
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Simply put it, Garen is classified as an Off-tank

It's annoying when an enemy Garen just gets in your face most of the time to interrupt what you're going to do. He might not kill you (if you're lucky) but he just accomplished one thing, driving you out from the battlefield.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:23   Link #124
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:18   Link #125
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Beside, I don't trust the spotlight much. Most of the time it's just fail in higher elo game.
Spotlight is pretty good for a intro to the champ, but their builds are just pretty funny sometimes. The intro to play style is really nice though, informing you the standard combo and such, but at a high elo it probably will fail.

I just played with Ocean, and we lost. It was a good game though. I played Lux and missed 2 of my Master Sparks. One which I got so mad, due to the fact I also had multiple methods that would ensure the kill, it caused me to charge into the turret. :<. I haven't played with others.
Old 2010-11-19, 19:41   Link #126
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It was fun playing with you, Izayoi. I look forward to playing more with you and with the others as well.

Playing with people that you know, even if not by much, is so much more fun than playing with random people all the time, in my opinion.

Edit: Just played with Albafica. Wow, the difference between our skill levels is crazy. I was afraid of dying the entire game, and I still died a lot. Still, fun games.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2010-11-20 at 02:58.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:03   Link #127
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Good job Ocean . And I don't think it's a difference of skill level, you took a tank (and a good one), me a carry AD so...
Old 2010-11-20, 03:05   Link #128
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It was fun playing with you, Izayoi. I look forward to playing more with you and with the others as well.

Playing with people that you know, even if not by much, is so much more fun than playing with random people all the time, in my opinion.

Edit: Just played with Albafica. Wow, the difference between our skill levels is crazy. I was afraid of dying the entire game, and I still died a lot. Still, fun games.
That makes me wanna play with someone on AS now
Old 2010-11-20, 07:21   Link #129
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Well, this is something.
You guys might recognize the highlighted summoner.

Oh and I mostly play around the time of my post.

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2010-11-20 at 07:34.
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 07:34   Link #130
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Ever since the last patch the match maker for normal games has been nothing but trouble on the EU. Heck I think I'm going to stop playing until they actually fix it.

In the last 10 matches or so I've only won 1 or 2, it has been horrible. So far the acount lvl's is sometimes being ignored, 3 matches I was facing people that were around lvl 30 or had lvl 30 people in my team which was not premade and the ratio is completely ignored also (some matches had me go wtf majorly: people just running around hunting other champs and not defending, teams that consisted of nothing but casters with still the confidence of winning against tanks :/ and a Warwick who did nothing but gank critters and try to kill champs but failed, he didn't even go to minions or anything. Last 2 days nothing but bad matches..)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 09:50   Link #131
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ OTOH, it's been going great for me...sure, there's naggers everywhere, but at least I win 2/3 games. Most games include a fair amount of struggle, although I've had some too easy victories as fast as 9 mins before the other team lost the will to fight...
Old 2010-11-20, 10:21   Link #132
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ OTOH, it's been going great for me...sure, there's naggers everywhere, but at least I win 2/3 games. Most games include a fair amount of struggle, although I've had some too easy victories as fast as 9 mins before the other team lost the will to fight...
The only victory I had in the last 2 days was because the other team was raging and one raged quit, simply put they all stood at their hero plateau begging us to just finish the game since it was still under 5 minutes :/

I'm going to avoid playing TF for a while because simply put so far all matches I've been in had people who couldn't tank or just stood around doing nothing or run the other way. With fiddle I once ran over to help Yi who was fighting two and Yi first ran away from me toward the enemy base while I was in the same lane, near death finally figured out that I was close to him and finally ran to me dying leaving me with 2 enemies >.< that is what keeps on happening to me, people not aware of what is happening around them and running a completely other way, ignoring crowd control and simply beign stupid like charging an enemy hero whose low on health while he is standing near a turrent with another full health enemy hero and then they look at me to save them when they run back because their plan didn't work as well as they thought or they die near the turrent because of the other enemy and continue to feed

That or people playing heroes and buyign items they aren't suppoed to, once had a TF who at lvl 9 had blasting wand, Doran's blade, ruby crystal and long sword the guy was the same lvl as I was and did nothing but buy lsoe items and didn't extend/combine anything to buy stronger items >.<
Same with casters buying 2x cloth armour :/ and had a Fiddlestick who thought attack speed was what he had to build

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2010-11-20 at 10:32.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 11:10   Link #133
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Casters get 2x cloth for frozen heart after their glacial shroud, at least some of them....oddly enough, JUST as I typed my previous message, I ended up with 3 smartass players on my team and a fairly good enemy team that got me 2 early deaths. My mates then startseeing the end of the world because I "fed too much" and all kinds of crap, even though I ended up assisting 12 times or so, and we won by surrender. When I told them they should respect their teammates and lower-leveled players, they said "respect learning how to play -__-". Some people can be good players but real douchebags, I'd rather be on a cheerful losing team.
P.S: I'm playing on EU, IGN's Kafxaeus, LV14. Feel free to add me.
Old 2010-11-20, 11:28   Link #134
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Most of the time, it's because people don't trust each other that your helping become your death, or no one saves you even though you can be saved. At least when I played with people I know of their capability, I can feel the trust between us that I will turn around and fight with my sliver of health. So when I'm playing solo, building trust is the first thing I must do . Let them know what you can do, what you will do, and which signal (like if I ping 3 times, it mean I, as Pantheon, will jump there). It's not that bad when people anticipate what you are going to do.

Btw, which timezone are you guy at? I hardly see anyone in LoL (well, I haven't had time to play much these days either ).
Old 2010-11-20, 11:39   Link #135
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mine's inscribed along with my location, although that was by summer time (this post was typed at 18:32 in this timezone).
On to the matter of trust: I've had my moments of awesome synergy, with Kog'maw receiving my (Zilean's) time rune and jumping right into the enemy base to let his ghost kill the champions behind it while allied AAs crushed the turret. Regardless of whether or not Kog got a free ghost with his second chance, the assault was successful and we covered for each other fine, because we knew each other's champions and their respective cooldowns. I hesitate to pick Zilean only because most people don't seem to get that I only got ONE nuke with a 10 sec CD and that my support moves are very mana-intensive. So, I usually go with Nunu, Ashe or any easy-to-read champion, but I really don't care about winning or losing; you can't be the BEST player out there, anyway, so I'm always aiming to have fun.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-20 at 12:02.
Old 2010-11-20, 11:48   Link #136
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Can't say how much I cherish playing with some friends once in a while that are considerably lower elo (since they started to play later than me) for it is a great opportunity to test out champs, item comps without failing too hard if not doing that great, saves a lot of incoming flames and rage.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 12:37   Link #137
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I gonna keep a list of our AS players, so far

Ocean Blue - LifesLemons
Izayoi - Monoe
Duo Maxwell - DSveno
Marcus H. - MarcusH(?)
Albafica - PiscesNoAlbafica(EU) Suikyo(NA)
Kafriel- Kafxaeus(EU)
Moonie - Kravius Zwei

*Fixed

Last edited by Izayoi; 2010-11-20 at 14:15.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 12:55   Link #138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Moonie - Kravius Zwei
Old 2010-11-20, 14:28   Link #139
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah sometimes the matchmaking isn't really logic.
In NA server, I'm level 17 and I'm playing against level 30 (with +700 victory). Well I think that it's because he's playing with someone with a low level. But we won by the way .

In EU, i saw match like: level 30 with 150 victory VS level 30 with 1000 victory.
I think the matchmaking take care of normal elo (with difference of victory/lose).
It's similar to Ranked Game ELO where we can see 1400 ELO with something like 10 games played and 1400 ELO with 200 games played. They can be in the same team or against. They are 1400, that's it.
Old 2010-11-20, 20:24   Link #140
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Yeah sometimes the matchmaking isn't really logic.
In NA server, I'm level 17 and I'm playing against level 30 (with +700 victory). Well I think that it's because he's playing with someone with a low level. But we won by the way .

In EU, i saw match like: level 30 with 150 victory VS level 30 with 1000 victory.
I think the matchmaking take care of normal elo (with difference of victory/lose).
It's similar to Ranked Game ELO where we can see 1400 ELO with something like 10 games played and 1400 ELO with 200 games played. They can be in the same team or against. They are 1400, that's it.
Well, Zileas explained the MM system, so you choose to believe it or not:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...77#post4213277

Basically, I feel the matchmaking of LoL and HoN is the same, only that in LoL there is a factor of "level". They should have let people be able to see their own normal game elo so people can understand the way matchmaking works.

Tags
league of legends, lol