Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 19:28   Link #181
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The thing is in game "you're him", you can exactly pull that off with an anime. If he has no personality that people won't get attached to him if they haven't already played Persona 4. Not exactly a recipe for success when it comes to anime.
It's true, it is quite a big risk, trying to convert a silent protagonist to anime.

My feeling from the game is that his personality was to be generally silent, but coming out with a lot of come backs. In anime form he should be the straight man, while Yosuke and Chie should be funny man. Getting the right level of dialogue will be hard, as if he talks too much it won't feel right.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 19:50   Link #182
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
The thing is in game "you're him", you can exactly pull that off with an anime. If he has no personality that people won't get attached to him if they haven't already played Persona 4. Not exactly a recipe for success when it comes to anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
It's true, it is quite a big risk, trying to convert a silent protagonist to anime.

My feeling from the game is that his personality was to be generally silent, but coming out with a lot of come backs. In anime form he should be the straight man, while Yosuke and Chie should be funny man. Getting the right level of dialogue will be hard, as if he talks too much it won't feel right.
It worked well in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, not so in Tsukihime and F/SN (but than those had another shit-load of problems). Also the protagonist is not silent, in the sense that the options presented to him are quite limited in scope, and his personality is clearly portraited. Of course anyone can imagine himself voicing those options, but that would be insignificant to get used to compared to all the native VAs over those horrible choices in the foreign editions

[fanboy mode] Oh! and a Chie scene in the third teaser... my expectation exploded, now I hope they could release another with Yui's voice... also please have at least a character song from her, if not OP/ED [/fanboy mode]

As for Yukiko's princess mode, it made me wish to play through the game for maximizing her Soul Link, since originally I was torn between the two
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:36   Link #183
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
they could do a poll thing on who he gets more intimate with
Old 2011-04-16, 20:40   Link #184
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
The music (especially the section between 0:24 and 0:43) is utterly fantastic, too
+1. i can't imagine any future persona franchise without shoji meguro as the music composer. i can't wait to hear some more original or remix music of his in the anime.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:11   Link #185
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
New sig... man, it's so exciting to get a (?half-)decent adaption for a MegaTen game
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:17   Link #186
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
New sig... man, it's so exciting to get a (?half-)decent adaption for a MegaTen game
Eh, Devil Children turned out all right though, so P4 isn't the only one.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 09:59   Link #187
SidVicious
Anime addict

Counter reached zero again.
No changes from the last trailer.
Old 2011-04-17, 12:01   Link #188
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Counter reached zero again.
No changes from the last trailer.
Makes me wonder the what the point of the countdown was - why didn't they just leave the trailer there in the first place?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 12:59   Link #189
Key Board
Carbon

it only changes when it is raining in Japan
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 13:18   Link #190
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
HAHA, good one !
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 13:45   Link #191
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Makes me wonder the what the point of the countdown was - why didn't they just leave the trailer there in the first place?
Well, the site name is Mayonaka tv (i.e: Midnight Channel if you want English localization). So you get to see it only in around Midnight. In a way, it is kind of fun, actually, since you get to experience the "midnight channel" in RL sans the RL weather condition~

(/me notes: It's a no-brainer that the marketing team would use this gimmick for advertising the anime PV than your usual PV posting The twitter is also snicker-worthy to follow. No, A立 is not the cabbage lover fyi )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 14:05   Link #192
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Well, the site name is Mayonaka tv (i.e: Midnight Channel if you want English localization). So you get to see it only in around Midnight. In a way, it is kind of fun, actually, since you get to experience the "midnight channel" in RL sans the RL weather condition~

(/me notes: It's a no-brainer that the marketing team would use this gimmick for advertising the anime PV than your usual PV posting The twitter is also snicker-worthy to follow. No, A立 is not the cabbage lover fyi )
Makes sense. Looking at from what you've said, it's very clever.

Also, could someone translate the twitter feed? I'm not as well versed in japanese as some of you guys seem to be
Old 2011-04-17, 22:27   Link #193
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Maybe it only changes when it rains in Inaba.
Old 2011-04-18, 03:18   Link #194
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

oh i also realize

Persona as a game: high school, mystery, horror, friendships. Cool themes, and still relatively fresh from a gaming perspective.

Persona as an anime: high school, mystery, horror, friendships. seem not original -_- (not saying is bad thought)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 04:32   Link #195
tsunade666

well it's an adaptation. It wouldn't be an adaptation if it turn original from the game.... and it would ruin for me if the anime is original like the MC going genki genki! and not the suave Silent but Cool type.
Old 2011-04-18, 05:57   Link #196
kniteowl

wow a lot of implied spoilers in this thread, I was terrible at the game and barely managed to finish some of the Social links, looks like I missed all the good ones lol.

Should I replay the game again? wait for P4P on the NGP/PSP2 (most likely) or just watch the anime when it comes out and hopefully it'll have some of the social links?

Ah well I'm currently playing P3P, i should finish that 1st.
Old 2011-04-18, 09:56   Link #197
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Low chance being P4P because my prediction is they already begun to make P5.

unleash is they make HD re-released of it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 10:06   Link #198
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Maybe it only changes when it rains in Inaba.
So that means the Midnight Channel will display something different on the 27th April (or the 28th or 29th - it may be the same thing for all three days).
Old 2011-04-19, 10:03   Link #199
Key Board
Carbon

http://persona4.wikia.com/wiki/April_2011

check the rainy days. So the next real update is on the 27th

and uh.. game spoiler warning.. obviously
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 10:28   Link #200
tsunade666

instead of 27th it will probably 29th or 30th. That two days are important.

Tags
action, fantasy