AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-01, 04:51   Link #21
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

If Anime One is working on the third episode of Macross Zero right now like I hope, then I'm content to wait. I can't wait for the next episode of Galaxy Railways, but Macross Zero only comes out like one episode every 6 months or so.
Old 2003-12-01, 20:02   Link #22
NenMaster

is it me or does this anime go overboard on the music
Old 2003-12-01, 20:29   Link #23
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
I don't know if I'd call it overboard, but listening to the theme sung in that swaggering "heroic" voice kind of makes me think it's going to be a show about a guy fighting foam rubber monsters in a bug-eyed robot suit - Go Go Ultra-Kikaida-7!!
Old 2003-12-01, 21:13   Link #24
Ulayo

Send a message via ICQ to Ulayo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
Actually, I think it's kinda cool.
It also reminds me of the Starzinger intro (I even think it's the same guy singing it).
Besides, it kinda suits this one. Good space operas are supposed to have these kind of into/outros.
Old 2003-12-02, 02:58   Link #25
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Send a message via AIM to Rheinhard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulayo
Actually, I think it's kinda cool.
It also reminds me of the Starzinger intro (I even think it's the same guy singing it).
Besides, it kinda suits this one. Good space operas are supposed to have these kind of into/outros.
Yup! In fact it's documented here on another AnimeSuki Forum thread. It is indeed the master, Isaki Sasao. The man has been a fixture of anime and Tokusatsu film for a generation. Here's his official web page (all japanese unfortunately), which has a pic of the Galaxy Railways cd on the front page. Here's a page listing some of his background in English.
Old 2003-12-02, 11:55   Link #26
NenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulayo
Good space operas are supposed to have these kind of into/outros.
cant disagree with that
Old 2003-12-18, 02:15   Link #27
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
If Anime One is working on the third episode of Macross Zero right now like I hope, then I'm content to wait. I can't wait for the next episode of Galaxy Railways, but Macross Zero only comes out like one episode every 6 months or so.
I take it as testament to my awesome power as the Cosmo-Führer that within about 2 hours of my posting an inquiry on the Live-eviL group forum wondering where the next episode of Galaxy Railways was, that the torrents for episodes 5 and 6 were made available on AnimeSuki.

I promise to only use this power for good.

Legend of Galactic Heroes R1 DVDs! So mote it be!
Old 2003-12-30, 22:24   Link #28
kamij0

any idea how this anime is going to be how long ? seems like there's not much of any development..
Old 2003-12-31, 01:48   Link #29
SpikeSpencer
Friendly Neighborhood Nub

Send a message via AIM to SpikeSpencer
i've been real interested in Galaxy Railways, I havent been an Anime fan for long enough(3 years or so) to have appreciated Leiji Matsumoto's stuff. But from watching this, the style made me watch Galaxy Express 999 and Star Blazers...its sad I never had watched these before, I know, regardless I have to thank this new one to making me finally watch them
Old 2003-12-31, 08:31   Link #30
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
any idea how this anime is going to be how long ? seems like there's not much of any development..
Well the first Galaxy Railways dvd came with a box that holds 5 dvds. So I think it would be safe to assume that it will be 5 dvds long, (dunno how many eps are on a dvd)
Old 2004-01-01, 22:46   Link #31
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
According to my friend in Japan, it is planned to run the usual 26 episodes...
Old 2004-01-02, 00:35   Link #32
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinhard
According to my friend in Japan, it is planned to run the usual 26 episodes...
thanks for the info.
seems the subs come slow, bud i aint complaining much, its a dessert for me, after devouring the main animes. a pretty sweet dessert i would say
Old 2004-01-20, 17:41   Link #33
Jonus
the silent

Has the subbing be dropped by Live eviL?

You can get up to episode 14 as raw version already.
Old 2004-01-21, 02:00   Link #34
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

:sigh: Please try to search before asking questions. There's been a good deal of chatter on the subject of Live-eviL lately. There is even a thread devoted to them. The summary is simple: NO!

Live-eviL is on vacation until the end of January. They posted this information just before Christmas so that noone would wonder if anything had happened to their group because they aticipated questions like yours.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-21, 10:49   Link #35
Jonus
the silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
:sigh: Please try to search before asking questions. There's been a good deal of chatter on the subject of Live-eviL lately. There is even a thread devoted to them. The summary is simple: NO!
The summery to what? And why are you so unfriendly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Live-eviL is on vacation until the end of January. They posted this information just before Christmas so that noone would wonder if anything had happened to their group because they aticipated questions like yours.
I know that Live-evil is making a pause.

Still they seem to have dropped galaxy railways, because afaik there has been episode 7, 8 and more raw before they began their pause. I could be wrong, just wanted another opinion.

I also read that they plan to fansub the whole galaxy express thing. Well ...
Old 2004-02-24, 00:56   Link #36
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Well, since the project revived, I figured may as well revive the thread...

To the people following this show, what do you think of the direction it's gone so far? I'm really excited about ep 9 because it is completely different from the rest of the episodes so far. It's an odd show because every episode is so unique and yet somehow repetitive...

Alas, Leiji is still king ^^; And Yuki is hot :P

-Tofu
Old 2004-02-24, 01:35   Link #37
Rheinhard
Feldmarschall

I'm very, very happy that subbing of this series has continued.

I am rather less happy that the encoding is being done with the default settings on the latest release of Xvid, which causes major problems for any players or decoders using libavcodec (which seems to be most of them). Check this thread for details. I hope the sub encoders will consider switching off the setting that is causing all these problems.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:54   Link #38
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheinhard
I'm very, very happy that subbing of this series has continued.

I am rather less happy that the encoding is being done with the default settings on the latest release of Xvid, which causes major problems for any players or decoders using libavcodec (which seems to be most of them). Check this thread for details. I hope the sub encoders will consider switching off the setting that is causing all these problems.
Oh.

I won't use it any more.. hehe ^^;

I've had no issues playing back on windows or unix personally, but I'll take your word for it.

-Tofu
Old 2004-03-07, 08:38   Link #39
gohmifune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
However, 5, 10 or 20 years from now, we'll still be talking about it the same way we still talk about Harlock, Star Blazers or Galaxy Express 999 while all the unfilling, flashy anime are long forgotten. That's what makes them "classic".

Rather than universes, Matsumoto has characters or archetypes he constanly shuffles around similar themes of sacrifice and heroism. His shorter, literally more "down to earth" characters are your everyman; while his taller and more stylized characters are the heroic, literally "bigger than life" heroes. I find fascinating how he revisits and recreates them, it fits very well his grandiose visions.
When talking about character types, you cannot forget about the tall blonde that is always mysterious and is a companion to the hero. Queen Millenia, the Harlock series, Galaxy Express, DNA sights, they all have the beutiful blonde. Bless that man.

And I think Galaxy railways will be another one of him memorable series. IT is one of those things that kind of defines the otaku in a way I believe. To know harlock shows your appreciate for anime, the CN DBZ crowd wouldn't know Harklock. Matsumoto's stuff ends up making anime in general special.
Old 2004-03-25, 18:51   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I just watched episode 12 of this show and I feel that I have to comment on Galaxy Railways.

At first this show seemed to be a matter of "another episode - another tragedy," but it quickly proved itself greater than that simple formula. Some episodes happened that weren't tragic and other episodes happened that weren't based around missions. Everytime I think that this show is getting stale a new story is told. What this show really seems to be about is illuminating the nature of the human condition. The reason for all the tragedy, is that human nature is frequently tragic.

Now onto something specific. Please don't click on the spoiler tag unless you've already watched episode 12. Reading this spoiler will totally ruin the episode!

Spoiler for Episosode 12 - Twilight:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread