AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-14, 22:12   Link #61
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Just admit you love his gomu gomu attacks. You would have be a giant liar to say that you didn't find the Gomu Gomu no Ally Robo to be hilarious.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:15   Link #62
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Well I like alot of attacks in One Piece, I also like Luffy sometimes depends when I am in a good mood. I can not lie he is a fun character, but for some odd reason he reminds me of Goku.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-02-14 at 22:26.
Old 2006-02-17, 08:25   Link #63
naruto123

I know why hes rubber thats because the forbidden fruit.
But I think Luffy should have got fire power or something cool like that.
Old 2006-02-17, 11:04   Link #64
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
I know why hes rubber thats because the forbidden fruit.
But I think Luffy should have got fire power or something cool like that.
How about no. I'm sorry but the last thing we need is another main character whose ability is simply that of fire or some energy blast. I find how Luffy uses his devil fruit to be alot cooler and more well thought than some boring power up that has already been overdone.

In short, a main character with a fire ability has been done already when it comes to anime/manga.

Last edited by neodrag38; 2006-02-17 at 12:59.
Old 2006-02-17, 15:57   Link #65
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Luffy will own Ace anyways. He'll just lock Ace inside himself, then Ace'll burst into flames, burn all the oxygen and eventually choke. Nah, they'll probably not fight, my point was just that being a rubberman gives you plenty of possibilites.
Old 2006-02-17, 16:51   Link #66
naruto123

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
How about no. I'm sorry but the last thing we need is another main character whose ability is simply that of fire or some energy blast. I find how Luffy uses his devil fruit to be alot cooler and more well thought than some boring power up that has already been overdone.

In short, a main character with a fire ability has been done already when it comes to anime/manga.
I said like that not exactly fire!!!
Maybe water or something!
Possibly even earth.
Old 2006-02-17, 17:10   Link #67
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Water has been done. Earth has been done to death also. Much less that these things are of a overpowered type of thing. Much less clearly my comment didn't claim criticism for strictly for having a fire ability but that of simply picking an ability only with the word "cool" in mind rather than putting any real thought or originality into usage.

It's just more interesting to have Luffy using an ability that you get to see much of in the spotlight while this ability being one that doesn't have to come off as the strongest within One Piece.
Old 2006-02-17, 17:19   Link #68
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

It'd be no Fun either to give Luffy a super powerrful ability. That is just so predictable.
Old 2006-02-17, 18:00   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto123
I said like that not exactly fire!!!
Maybe water or something!
Possibly even earth.
All of the elements are horribly common choices for super powers... i mean its just so easy to come up with attacks thanks to how much we've seen of those powers

Rubber is just so unique and unpredictable, most of the abilities and things that Luffy does i never would have seen coming... It adds a hell of a lot more flavor to Luffy's fighting style... his fights would probably a bit boring if he had a much more common and overused super power...

if your gonna sugest he have something other then rubber... then pick something more unique
Old 2007-06-28, 03:06   Link #70
joel+strawhat
one piece rules!

I m a little disappointed that he ate the gomu gomu no fruit instead of a logia type but this power fit his character perfectly. hes always 'stretching' out his hand to help others plus the rubber phyiscal attacks suits him cause he always wana kick and punch boss enemy far far away
Old 2007-09-11, 15:31   Link #71
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

Don't question the originality of the attack moves and the style of fighting, rubber works fantasticaly!
Old 2007-09-11, 15:34   Link #72
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

Well, to answer your question The Phenomenol, Eichiro Oda's favourite manga is Dragonball Z and his idol is its creator, Akira Toriyama, so he would have got a lot of inspiration from that, and he is a lot like Goku! And Dragonball Z is awesome!
Old 2007-09-11, 18:51   Link #73
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

it shows how luffy will be a good fighter no matter wat devil fruit he gets unlike other shows where they can control fire or air and win battles easily. well its gives room for creative attacks and such, its original not like other anime shows with ki and stuff. plus it gives him immunity to most physical blows and the ability for quick travel.
Old 2007-09-12, 08:28   Link #74
Fyria

Rubber is very flexible and durable material. I think we haven't seen all what Gomy Gomu fruit is capable.

Gear 2, Multiplying blood-pressure and muscle reactions would be lethal to normal person's insights /muscles but Gomu Gomu fruit allows them to survive pressure

Gear 3, Enlargening and strechin skeletal structure itself and muscles around it giving multiple times greater strenght is quite impressive feat of Gomu Gomu fruit.

Gear 4? High pressure blood with enlarged body? Raw power united with high speed movements can be Luffy's ultimate fighting form giving him awesome destructive power with lightning fast speeds, I think we will see this before end of series but it will probly be shown in major and dramatic battle because this form will stress Luffy's body majorly and could even be lethal even for Rubber body.
Closed Thread