Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-18, 06:58   Link #2361
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
BTW people the real little boy ^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy

You know Japanese audience usualy puts female characters high. Its somewhat frustrating for the rest of us lol.
Like with D gray-man Lenalee scores top5 every time but world wide she has way more people that dislike her (incl. official critics)
My fav Needless character would be hard i usualy like the complicated characters like Aruka & Saten, but for this story id go with Kuchinashi since she doesnt anoy me. And there is humor as well as serious action with the character. Also her relational choices lift eyebrows and its hilarious.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 08:57   Link #2362
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Does anyone else like Setsuna as their favoirte character in Needless? I saw the poll on Imai Kami's website with Eve as the favorite for most people (followed by female Cruz). Like, since we're waiting for Chapter 74, I was wondering who everyone's favorite character was.

It seems like Setsuna isn't that popular (which I understand) but she's been my favorite since Iron Mountain on.
My favourite is Setsuna, followed by Mio. But of course, Aruka nee-san is still above her ;_;
I thought chapter 74 was released a few days ago...but then I remembered that it's still 18th lol.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 10:14   Link #2363
Sekirei07

Setsuna was called a dub character when she first was introduced, who is it that she is dubbing?

Also I never realized the play on words for Uchida's attack and the original atomic bomb that was used on Japan. Guess it would sound silly if one of his attacks was called Fat Man lol
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 11:13   Link #2364
Ca12nag3

Well perhaps someone that can inflate his body mass as a new needless got an attack called Fat Man? :P

Setsuna i like her too for me its kinda between Kuchinashi and Setsuna. But so far Kuchinashi just got more interactions with the other characters, like shes got a girl crush on Riru and also on Cruz, her clipboard mistakes are her funny element, and her attacks are her serious side.
And her interactions with Blade are fun too.

Setsuna realy is more or less the tough girl of the story but not much about her persona is shown. Her crush on Arclight would be cliché since Aruka and Riru both worship Arclight as well. And her attacks are overused by Blade wich pushes her into the shadows as a fighter specialy since her own attacks beat her since Blade has more stamina.

Mio realy is a high scoring character as well her interactions with both Cruz & Yamada show her semi-innocence, and her nii-san thing with Blade is a great thing.
Her funny elements are also in her attacks as this tiny girl has power lol. Shes deff well written.

To put it short both Mio and Kuchinashi have more color in their character, Setsuna would need more development and im positive she will get it, already the St Rose arc showed her dedication to the school so who knows

the Dub character as in dubious? or well im not good with that term didnt hear it before. Shes seen as a fill up? Lot of her character traits do show in other characters in the story thats fact.

Her toughness also eve, her crush on arclight Aruka + Riru, leadership others as well, she doesnt realy stand out, apart from her drawdesign wich is popular btw.
Old 2009-12-18, 11:15   Link #2365
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Setsuna was called a dub character when she first was introduced, who is it that she is dubbing?

Also I never realized the play on words for Uchida's attack and the original atomic bomb that was used on Japan. Guess it would sound silly if one of his attacks was called Fat Man lol
Setsuna is Eve's doppelganger. They both have similar hair and similar eyes and are about the same height and build. However, they've only called her that twice. In the anime, Blade called her "shima-shima" a few times (stripey-stripes) but she's been pretty unique in her development since Third Shelter.

I think Setsuna has had pretty good development as the leader of the Killer Girls trio in Third Shelter as the intelligent once. They would've finished their mission of bringing Blade's body to Arclight if Saten didn't show up. Also during St. Rose, Setsuna decided to turn Cruz into a girl while he was there. I think her development so far has been all serious, but she's made a few jokes so far.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 13:08   Link #2366
Ca12nag3

About Setsuna ^^

-Sub-Leaders usualy make up their own mind
(examples are Starscream & Grimlock TF, or Bak & Cross Marian in DGM, Mustang FMA, Hibari Hitman Reborn)
So i expect some kind of stronger personality from her then i do off the other character.

-Her dual loyalty towards both Simeon and St Rose might have her make a choice & underbuild that choice if there is ever a rift between Black Madam and Simeon.

-Her 2 encounters with Cruz were both interesting and shes actualy the first to count on his smartness. When he solved the bomber mystery. So shes observant as well. Good asset for a commander.

-I dislike the entire crush on Arclight its ridiculous, possibly he had to do that since the other 2 girls already picked theirs as Riru and Blade. Youd expect for someone who leads a team to have a better choice then the big boss... its rather lame. So this has to be dumped at the first opertunity lol.

-about the Eve's doppelganger mwa, then add Kasumi to the list as well also blue hair. Eve isnt smart (debatable tho) Eve rushes while attacking, Setsuna is more calculating then that. Setsuna is also ruthless, Eve seems to care more for others then she does.
So they are not alike apart from eyecolor and haircolor ^^ ...if that was a rule i got a few milion doppelgangers :P Hairstyl aint the same either btw.
Old 2009-12-18, 13:33   Link #2367
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
-about the Eve's doppelganger mwa, then add Kasumi to the list as well also blue hair. Eve isnt smart (debatable tho) Eve rushes while attacking, Setsuna is more calculating then that. Setsuna is also ruthless, Eve seems to care more for others then she does.
So they are not alike apart from eyecolor and haircolor ^^ ...if that was a rule i got a few milion doppelgangers :P Hairstyl aint the same either btw.
I think you got that backwords, Setsuna is definitely the one who "rushes" her attacks lol

I mean when Setsuna and Eve fought, Eve was smart enough to figure Setsuna's weakness in that her attacks only have two vectors while she can create more.

I don't fully get how Kuchinashi is considered missing link when someone like Uchida who is considered the lowest class when he can easily overpower her and render her power useless.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45041/84
Old 2009-12-18, 14:40   Link #2368
Ca12nag3

Well Eve did have something up her sleeve but shes got the doppelganger wich is serious overpower compared with most needless.
Setsuna didnt go all out at her at first + she had a mission there. Also she planned for Mio to infiltrate so she had backupplan ready, and its her that sees thrue when Eve busted that pipe to swap with Cruz when they find out its her imidiatly. So for tactics and cleverness Setsuna outscores most characters. Her powers are simply to weak to matter. Yet they developed a tactic to take on Blade 3 on 1.
Also she imediatly understands that when the backup arives its game over so they use Eve.

Howcome Kuchinashi cant handle Uchida is realy simple her fragrance is a all round tactical tool not a direct attack tool while Uchidas fire is full attack. And oders burn so she would be helpless.
Also slow attackers or slow moving defender typs would be rather useless against Speed simply cause you cant hurt what you cant hit.
So every typ should have a great weakness and a great strength. Only the missing links got minor weaknesses thus making them way stronger.

For instance Satens absorbtion wouldnt work on Mios power...whats there to absorb. Well he could absorb the air and earth heat itself but he could get squashed in 1 hit by Mios tools.
So that would depend on who is faster to hit.
Mio prolly wouldnt give him the time to gather enough energy for a blast.

But put Uchida up against Saten would be childs play for Saten hed just absorb every hit and send it back at him.

Think Aruka is realy strong since she herself doesnt get hurt from her abilities, she can use her power both offencive and defencive as she could heat up the air around her creating a bubble of some sort... so you cant get close....

Also battlereadyness is important. Like how Uten prepared that building as a trap. Without objects hes useless. Same would be for Mio & Seto, even Riru. They just do better in fights with objects.
Think in objectless areas Kuchinashi would be far stronger as well as Aruka. Uchida would do better against object users as well in such fights.
Old 2009-12-18, 15:25   Link #2369
Sekirei07

Quote:
Well Eve did have something up her sleeve but shes got the doppelganger wich is serious overpower compared with most needless.
Setsuna didnt go all out at her at first + she had a mission there. Also she planned for Mio to infiltrate so she had backupplan ready, and its her that sees thrue when Eve busted that pipe to swap with Cruz when they find out its her imidiatly. So for tactics and cleverness Setsuna outscores most characters. Her powers are simply to weak to matter. Yet they developed a tactic to take on Blade 3 on 1.
Also she imediatly understands that when the backup arives its game over so they use Eve.
True but who was it that came up with the plan to trick Setsuna and gang? Eve made the switch, caught them off guard and was able to defeat all three of them in seconds with the use of their own weapons (Mio may have power, but he body is still a little girl and blades hurt just like anything. Kuchinashi's fan was turned into her face for a one shot win. Setsuna got a face full of Mio's own bunny too.) the only reason she lost was due to bad luck.

Quote:
For instance Satens absorbtion wouldnt work on Mios power...whats there to absorb. Well he could absorb the air and earth heat itself but he could get squashed in 1 hit by Mios tools.
So that would depend on who is faster to hit.
Mio prolly wouldnt give him the time to gather enough energy for a blast.
Your forgetting that Saten can slow down (freeze) the molecules of anything, that includes people. Saten almost instantly froze Eve's drill arm when she tried to hit him remember?

Muscles are 90% made of blood which is mostly consisting of water. So Saten could easily freeze Mio's muscles to beat her. She could never get close to him. Even the use of objects would not be great against Saten because even things like metal as they get close to absolute zero they can be shattered easily. Remember how Saten was easily able to shatter Blade's strings by freezing them?

Saten would most likely not be able to win against Solva and Seto since there powers could not be affect by Saten's. (Which is why Saten had Aruka fight with those three I bet)
Old 2009-12-18, 17:10   Link #2370
Homura7

Quote:
SSaten would most likely not be able to win against Solva and Seto since there powers could not be affect by Saten's. (Which is why Saten had Aruka fight with those three I bet)
You're fucking kidding, right?! When there's nothing to absorb, Saten can create whatever element he wants in the less expected moment and way. He has his own phisical strenght too.

And Mio would be easily crushed by him despite her fragment having no elemental affinity.

Some readers seem to forget Saten is not one of the elite four for nothing... Besides, the power scale of the elite itself would be the following:

Ruri > Saten, Aruka & Uten

Saten > Aruka & Uten and < Ruri

Aruka > Uten and < Ruri & Saten

And don't forget Saten let Blade copy his fragment, because otherwise, he would have never had a chance to defeat Aruka. A false victory that was, as proved when Aruka accused Saten. It's proof The Fourth Wave is one of the most versatile fragments.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...5?t=1261174384
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 17:18   Link #2371
Avvesione

I figured it'd go: Arclight > Riru > Saten > Aruka > Uten Glad to see someone else thought that way, too. I wonder if there's still a big gap since we saw Riru stop Saten with her finger back in the first meeting.

and for the other side Blade > Eve > Seto, Solva, Teruyama (maybe we'll find out later who's the best of those). Be interesting to see who's the best fighter of those 3.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 17:23   Link #2372
shadowii

well getting into this conversation late

Setsuna: meh. i dont dislike her, but shes not one of my favorites and is my least favorite of the trio. which goes Mio, Kuchinashi, Setsuna.
I have no problem with her crush on Arclight. But its not exactly a point i'm focused on.

Saten: not much point in discussing his powers when we dont even know the full scope of them
(the fifth wave, how he fights when he's not holding back etc)
I agree that the villain pecking order is probably how avvesione and kurusu stated it

my favorite character is something of a tie between Cruz, Blade, and Mio. Then Aruka, then Solva, then Eve.
Also like Hatfield but as a gimmick rather than a character. The whole evil dandy thing works for me.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-18 at 17:44.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 18:47   Link #2373
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
You're fucking kidding, right?! When there's nothing to absorb, Saten can create whatever element he wants in the less expected moment and way. He has his own phisical strenght too.
Saten can't create whatever element. He has to do things in a certain order. If he doesnt absorb molecular movement than he can't force them to move fast.

Gravity is a force that exists completely outside the realm of heat and cold so Saten can't use his own fragment to alter or stop it in any way.

You have to admit that Saten would be at a fairly bad disadvantage when fighting Seto, who was able to immobilize a power user like Mio.

Saten seems to be able to absorb heat from every part of his body, but his offensive heat attacks appear to be strictly directional with his arms. With those huge heavy arm bands I could see Seto forcing his angle of attack off easily by forcing his arms to point down and if she timed it just right she could force Saten to fire right at his feet lol
Old 2009-12-18, 19:03   Link #2374
Homura7

Quote:
Saten can't create whatever element. He has to do things in a certain order. If he doesnt absorb molecular movement than he can't force them to move fast.

Gravity is a force that exists completely outside the realm of heat and cold so Saten can't use his own fragment to alter or stop it in any way.

You have to admit that Saten would be at a fairly bad disadvantage when fighting Seto, who was able to immobilize a power user like Mio.

Saten seems to be able to absorb heat from every part of his body, but his offensive heat attacks appear to be strictly directional with his arms. With those huge heavy arm bands I could see Seto forcing his angle of attack off easily by forcing his arms to point down and if she timed it just right she could force Saten to fire right at his feet lol
As if he can do only that.

Anyway, both Seto and Solva would have been easily crushed if that happened.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 19:10   Link #2375
Ca12nag3

I disagree with Saten easily beating Mio, so far freezing people ONLY happend in the anime, and then when i say something *might* happen like it did in the anime i get a rant. Be more consistant with what you say peeps. The freezing of Eves weapon is when she got close to him.
Mio tossed her doll towards enemies and it crushed them (im talking about the big one) So how would Saten WHO IS NOT A ZERO in the manga yet stop that from hitting him in the face?
You realy need something to underbuild your statement that Saten would easily pwn Mio. Realy.
Lets face it when Saten uses his absorbtion it takes some time 3/4 seconds to gain some energy at least, and then release it. The only way to beat a fighter like Mio is if you can do it from range or with speed not talking about Setsuna here.
So if Mio hits him first from range Saten would go down. End of story!
Old 2009-12-18, 19:12   Link #2376
shadowii

^
actually Eve and Blade started freezing as soon as he touched them and he did freeze kasumi's body

in general

Saten: not much point in discussing his powers when we dont even know the full scope of them
(the fifth wave, how he fights when he's not holding back etc)

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-18 at 19:44.
Old 2009-12-18, 19:28   Link #2377
Sekirei07

Quote:
I disagree with Saten easily beating Mio, so far freezing people ONLY happend in the anime, and then when i say something *might* happen like it did in the anime i get a rant. Be more consistant with what you say peeps. The freezing of Eves weapon is when she got close to him.
Mio tossed her doll towards enemies and it crushed them (im talking about the big one) So how would Saten WHO IS NOT A ZERO in the manga yet stop that from hitting him in the face?
You realy need something to underbuild your statement that Saten would easily pwn Mio. Realy.
Lets face it when Saten uses his absorbtion it takes some time 3/4 seconds to gain some energy at least, and then release it. The only way to beat a fighter like Mio is if you can do it from range or with speed not talking about Setsuna here.
So if Mio hits him first from range Saten would go down. End of story!
Only happens in the anime eh?

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45040/106

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45040/161

Guess im reading the wrong manga than...
Old 2009-12-18, 19:54   Link #2378
Kefit

You guys are thinking about this way too much. Imai Kami intentionally eschews consistency in fights in favor of making the fights more exciting. Sometimes Needless abilities have devastating effects, and sometimes the same ability doesn't seem to do anything at all. Basically, anyone in Needless can beat anyone else in Needless if Imai Kami wants it to happen.

The only exception is Uchida. He will never win a fight with anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione
Does anyone else like Setsuna as their favoirte character in Needless? I saw the poll on Imai Kami's website with Eve as the favorite for most people (followed by female Cruz). Like, since we're waiting for Chapter 74, I was wondering who everyone's favorite character was.
Setsuna was my favorite character for most of the anime's run, but I've settled pretty solidly on Mio now that I have gone through the post-anime portion of the manga. Setsuna was great during the St Rose arc, but Mio has had an overpowering cuteness and charm since rescuing Cruz after the PF Zero explosion.

The shoujo butai as a whole has always been my favorite part of the series though. I can't get enough of them, and am really glad that they have been in the manga so much since the second half of the series started.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 20:11   Link #2379
Ca12nag3

Quote:
M8 i already mentioned that, Eve got her arm/weap freezed yes but thats up close, now let him catch that oversized stuffed animal and absorb that.... Face it he'd get squashed unless he can move out of the way.
So were does your Freeze/absorb do any good against that? Even Blade couldnt do anything against Power up untill he used Graviton.
Old 2009-12-18, 20:21   Link #2380
shadowii

chapter 74 is here

http://uploading.com/files/7e41m5f9/Needless74.zip/
^
oh my god. i dont know what i was expecting but it was not this.
Spoiler for do not read untill after the chapter is read:

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-19 at 19:14.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen