AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-18, 02:42   Link #261
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
This is all interesting but will it make her striker faster?
- Not unless you paint it red!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 16:13   Link #262
maelstormCaT

was playing around with the ending song and i thought, "hey, what it'll sound like if i mix the 2 ED together..."
after a lot of clicking, the mashed up Ending song sounds quite okay in my opinion... think someone can mix the ending since im too lazy to do it? ;p
curse my lazyness... for im too lazy to make a video out of it

thoughts on 2nd eps:
1. Mio is OP & epic
2. liking the aerial combat scenes, a touch up from previous season i say
3. plane sound is very nice, very realistic
4. octopus is squirmy("unyu unyu"), stretchy("peta peta"), and sticky... and its tasty
5. waaay too much panty shot in the ep... too lazy to count... anyone wanna count them?
6. yoshika's shield is gigantic (waste of magic? i thought she learn to control it already)
7. mio's laugh is fixed yay, her laugh is very similar to season 1's again ^_^

giant OP sword weakness is probably smaller agile targets ;p
and knowing the series a super fast neuroi will most probably make an appearance.
though smaller targets means mio can just cut em up without any giant blade... OP much? no way they gonna make a neuroi THAT agile will they?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 16:46   Link #263
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
I dunno but his avoidance of Russian Warbirds seems quite obvious when he actually made two versions of the T-34 as Mecha Musume...
It's hard to avoid T-34 no matter how much you look down on Soviets/Russians! It is the greatest tank of all time!

Quote:
If she survives the war..
well................................... I'll just assume it's a Japanese bias on their former Military hardware... ^^ which is to be expected ..^
Expected yes, but I want the Naval Aviators to write history (especially for a warbird fan show like Strike Witches), not the hide bound battle wagon zealots...

P.S. Here's an update from the last playtest of Magical Strike:
Old 2010-07-19, 22:00   Link #264
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post

You're working on a Strike Witches tabletop game? Awesome, I would love to play such a game. Does it have a website or BGG page yet (they allow pages on BGG for in-playtesting prototypes)?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 03:08   Link #265
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

waaai a card game AWESOME

also AWESOME figs!!im still saving to buy the complete set in one swoop hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 04:49   Link #266
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Speaking of OP, I think..
Mio's repuzzan when used several times in a row should have a penalty or something.. like causing the sword to break..

I'm just thinking, it floods the sword with so much magical energy there has to be a limit on how much energy it can hold.

but oh, numerous blade spells where cast on it during its forging, so yeah~

Also when Gertrude slammed the neuroi with her MG 42's stocks. I think it should have been broken after that.

The MG-42 wasn't reinforced with Magic Spells.
Unless another part of Trude's magical skills is "reinforcing" ordinary objects whilst throwing or slamming it.

Anyways, just some random thoughts on those.. Sorry if it doesn't makes sense. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
How do you play this game? So you need to have the Trading Figures? ^
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 06:03   Link #267
maelstormCaT

when she slam the neuroi with her MG 42 the weapon is also glowing, so we can assume she reinforce the weapon with magic for +durability

the word magic can be used to explain everything afterall...
impossibilities become,"its easy, just use magic"

i find it more whoa when hartman's 'Strum' can be used to barrel roll straight through the neuroi... she left a big hole on the neuroi ;p
Old 2010-07-20, 10:56   Link #268
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
when she slam the neuroi with her MG 42 the weapon is also glowing, so we can assume she reinforce the weapon with magic for +durability

the word magic can be used to explain everything afterall...
impossibilities become,"its easy, just use magic"

i find it more whoa when hartman's 'Strum' can be used to barrel roll straight through the neuroi... she left a big hole on the neuroi ;p
I am more surprised by the fact the gun did not backfire at Gertrude when Gertrude slam her MG 42 on neuroi. Perhaps it work of magic, or she run out of ammo.

Speaking of ammo, is it just me or their gun have seemly infinite ammo? I have never seen them run out of ammo nor carrying any spare ammo. (At least from what I see in Season 1) Don't tell me that they magically create the ammo from nowhere (Unlimited Bullet Work aka U.B.W).

Last edited by sinner0; 2010-07-20 at 11:47.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 11:08   Link #269
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
I am more surprised by the fact the gun did not backfire at Gertrude when Gertrude slam her MG 42 on neuroi. Perhaps it work of magic, or she run out of ammo.
I view it as, Trudy's magic empowers the item she holds, kind of like covering it in a shield of overwhelming strength. In other words, when her power is active, everything she holds is basically like a hammer. My theory anyways

Quote:
Speaking bullet, is it just me or their gun have seemly infinite ammo? I have never seen them run out of ammo nor carrying any spare ammo. (At least from what I see in Season 1) Don't tell me that they magically create the ammo from nowhere (Unlimited Bullet Work aka U.B.W).
Well.... fights don't really last that long enough, Trudy does use a dual-drum configuration. If there's anyone who has quite a hefty supply of ammo, it's Sanya-chan. Seriously, the girl can only carry as much missiles. Speaking of which... this is around the 1940's... I know rockets were being used on the battlefield, but.... missiles? Maybe she has [unguided] rockets after all, but... never mind, this is the same time frame where something like the Warlock exists and magic Strikers and oh my...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 13:08   Link #270
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Seriously, the girl can only carry as much missiles. Speaking of which... this is around the 1940's... I know rockets were being used on the battlefield, but.... missiles? Maybe she has [unguided] rockets after all, but... never mind, this is the same time frame where something like the Warlock exists and magic Strikers and oh my...
I'd go for Rockets... most likely its a sort of homage to the Katyusha Rocket Launcher or some other Multiple Rocket Launcher Artillery used in WWII

Sanya's more than 20 to 30 years TOO early for Guided Missile Technology.. but I theoretically believe the likes of her could guide a missile.. not relying on mechanical radar but rather using the "Radar on her head"

Although by the time Missiles would enter service, Sanya might be a little too old to be a Witch (at least the for the front lines) or already married to Eila xD

When the PAK-FA enters service, she's already an Orussian National Hero and has a grand grave lolZ

So much about Sanya's future ~ lol
Old 2010-07-20, 20:50   Link #271
mangatron

Quote:
I'd go for Rockets... most likely its a sort of homage to the Katyusha Rocket Launcher or some other Multiple Rocket Launcher Artillery used in WWII
Hmm, I would actually equate it more to the Holy Moses HVAR than the Calliope/Katyusha/Panzerwerfer. It's sizable enough for a cute little girl like Sanya-chan

Quote:
Sanya's more than 20 to 30 years TOO early for Guided Missile Technology.. but I theoretically believe the likes of her could guide a missile.. not relying on mechanical radar but rather using the "Radar on her head"
Well that's possible, turning her rocket launcher into a Sparrow platform

Quote:
Although by the time Missiles would enter service, Sanya might be a little too old to be a Witch (at least the for the front lines) or already married to Eila xD
Old 2010-07-20, 22:30   Link #272
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
...or already married to Eila xD

yeah, quietly possible. And then, Lynne will already be married to Yoshika, and.. ok, it's better if I stop it here.

Quote:
So much about Sanya's future ~ lol
ye, although I prefer talking about Sanya's present. just as she is now..

Anyway guys, was wondering... what do you think about this? => Fundoshi Witches. yea, I know I'm late on this, just wanna know your thoughts about it.
Old 2010-07-20, 22:47   Link #273
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Anyway guys, was wondering... what do you think about this? => Fundoshi Witches. yea, I know I'm late on this, just wanna know your thoughts about it.
What have they done to my Minna-chan (goes on rampage)

Oh well, better than what Shirley had to go through

Makes me wonder, how does Lynne-chan stay cool. Meine foos, she's wearing a dress shirt, vest, and uniform. If she was wearing pants I'd be more concerned. Guess it's a good reason to just wear pantsu down there
Old 2010-07-21, 01:39   Link #274
FateAnomaly

Considering that their tiny bullets can cause considerable damage to neuroi while those big guns on those ships barely make a difference, i would say they use magic bullets.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 05:26   Link #275
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

maybe they are hiding their ammo's in the places men wanted to see >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 07:02   Link #276
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

I usually don't focus much on the ecchi/fanservice/yuri aspect of the anime but ya..

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-21, 09:22   Link #277
SanyaChan

i simply died from the quote with bold @ sanya married to eila D: T_T
on another note the upcoming strike witches game coming to the nitendo DS is tempting me to get a ds....;/
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 09:32   Link #278
maelstormCaT

the last strike witches ds game is crap... at least gameplay wise...
story is aplenty though... if only i can understand all that japanese text
Old 2010-07-21, 10:24   Link #279
sinner0

I just rewatched the entire Strike Witch Season 1 and found out that one gun did run out of ammo or overheated. It was in episode 2 where Mio fought the Neuroi with her gun until it run out of ammo/overheated and then switch to her trusty katana.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:30   Link #280
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I had no idea that the cut scene we saw in episode with the 501st completely owning that Neuroi was the prelude to what we saw in episode 2. I kind of liked how everyone knows who the 501st are now. The way the capt called them legendary shows how much respect the regular military has for not only fusuo witches but for the Strike Witches in general. Putting them back together to counter this new threat was only natural.

I must say Mio was bad ass. Screw having a shield if you are agile and have the skills she has all you need in a trusty sword to defect the beams who needs a damn shield not her thats for sure. Even her fellow witches were impressed with her feats. They did say that they have never seen anyone deflect a beam or Neuroi in half before. But from my knowledge there is no other witch that uses a sword in battle to begin with.

Boob grabbing greeting after so long made me

loving the series all over again im hoping to see more new characters added to the mix.

I noticed during the battle scenes that their fighting tactic are much more polished than in the first season. Like supporting each other out of dive or providing support for launching missiles. Even their maneuvers were much more in tune with one another it was like each were as one.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume