AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 09:12   Link #1421
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Or Accelerator could blow it away with his wind attack so that's pointless.

But I believe Dark Matter at that time was limited; he couldn't shape it however way he wanted- but was trying to stab him with the wings.
wind vs. bullet...
You think that's a contest? Bullets travel too fast to comprehend their movement let alone react to it, even for accelerator. Especially because he would expect it to just be a regular bullet that he could simply reflect.

Another question about him:
Quote:
Aleister: "The process of downloading the data of the AIM field, onto the vector controlling device (Accelerator) has finally been completed."
Does that mean that his vector control ability is independent of his AIM field and therefore independent of his ESPer power? The quote suggests that the device is XLR8R himself, not his ability.
Quote:
Lol what? By itself the Holy Right would automatically adjust itself to deal out just the right amount power to 'defeat' it's target so power is not an issue.

Number is also not a issue- With one swing he can defeat all of his enemies.

The real issue with Kakine is that the bugger can spawn infinitely; that means unless you have something that can stop his regen or overwhelms it- Kakine would always win by attrition.
Unless, as I mentioned before and what is most likely, Kakine still has a central bran or core that he uses, in which case that could be blown out and he could die.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 09:14   Link #1422
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Power does not equate to crowd control. There is only a single holy right. Kakine can just swarm him with tons of his clones at the same time and fiamma can't do anything about it.

If, however, fiamma recognises the whole of kakine as an enemy. The holy right will adjust its power so that its power encompasses a large area and wipe out every single particle of dark matter in the area resulting in kakine's annihlation.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:22   Link #1423
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
wind vs. bullet...
You think that's a contest? Bullets travel too fast to comprehend their movement let alone react to it, even for accelerator. Especially because he would expect it to just be a regular bullet that he could simply reflect.
Did you read that fight at all? Accelerator's wind was on the level of a tornado tossing large objects left and right, you think a small bullet would stay on course?

Plus both of them were also moving close to super human speed- accuracy would be a huge challenge.

And lastly- even if you could hit him, Accelerator can use his powers to stop the bleeding and close the wound. And with that dark matter inside of him, he can process it much faster than looking at what Kakine does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Power does not equate to crowd control. There is only a single holy right. Kakine can just swarm him with tons of his clones at the same time and fiamma can't do anything about it.
Really? I suggest to read vol 20 again.

With one swing, Holy Right knocked back two different people, there goes your single target theory. How about Vento's barrage coming in from all direction? Not a scratch.

Oh don't bother attacking him from behind like what Touma did because he doesn't need to turn around either.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 09:27   Link #1424
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

It all depends on how he swings it. First, he identify a target. The power adjusts to destroy that target. When he swings it, anything in its way will be similarly destroyed if there is sufficient power. When he swings his arm there is an area of effect albeit not a big one.

Kakine can spawn almost unlimited numbers and the area of effect of the holy right can't cover all of it.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:27   Link #1425
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Hey, hey, stop here. Well, Kakine can not be stronger than many of the strongest magicians. Following this logic, we can say that both Aiwass and Aleister lose him. I don't believe that Kakine, it turns out, almost the strongest in the Toaru world.

We somehow figured out that a fully healthy Accelerator (and even brain damage Accelerator) is much more powerfull than Kakine but they are in balance now.
(Kamachi, fucking Kamachi, what are you doing)
Old 2013-04-21, 09:28   Link #1426
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Did you read that fight at all? Accelerator's wind was on the level of a tornado tossing large objects left and right, you think a small bullet would stay on course?

Plus both of them were also moving close to super human speed- accuracy would be a huge challenge.
I'm suggesting that he do it as the fight began, not in the middle of it.
Quote:
And lastly- even if you could hit him, Accelerator can use his powers to stop the bleeding and close the wound. And with that dark matter inside of him, he can process it much faster than looking at what Kakine does.
A direct hit to the medulla and I doubt he could control his power anymore, a hit to the parietal lobe would pretty effective knock out his mathematic ability too.
Sure they'd need to be lucky shots but guns are fearful things and not to be underestimated in the damge they can do, which is enough that I doubt XLR8R could close it up.
But it is aside from the point... my question was could a darkmatter bullet hit XLR8R at all before the fight began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Hey, hey, stop here. Well, Kakine can not be stronger than many of the strongest magicians. Following this logic, we can say that both Aiwass and Aleister lose him. I don't believe that Kakine, it turns out, almost the strongest in the Toaru world.

We somehow figured out that a fully healthy Accelerator (and even brain damage Accelerator) is much more powerfull than Kakine but they are in balance now.
Aiwass can't lose to him and Aleister wouldn't.
Aleister wouldn't have kept Kakine alive if he didn't have a way to defeat him if it came to that.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 09:30   Link #1427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It all depends on how he swings it. First, he identify a target. The power adjusts to destroy that target. When he swings it, anything in its way will be similarly destroyed if there is sufficient power. When he swings his arm there is an area of effect albeit not a big one.

Kakine can spawn almost unlimited numbers and the area of effect of the holy right can't cover all of it.
What do you mean it's not a big one ?

Quote:
Hundreds of meter-long ice stakes were created in the explosion. The tips of the ice stakes were sharper than a steel spear and thousands upon thousands of them continued to explode outwards in every direction. The ground was gouged out and a large amount of snow and black soil was blown into the air. It was fortunate that the surrounding area was wilderness. With those numbers and that destructive force, even an underground shelter would have been turned to Swiss cheese.

The people in the plaza did not understand what was going on. However, it seemed they were easily susceptible to the hostility and killing intent packed into the mountain of ice blades that had suddenly appeared. Some of them even folded their hands and desperately prayed.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:34   Link #1428
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

He only needs to block it from a single direction. There are hundreds of them, yes but it is spread out over a large area and many of them aren't going in his direction
Old 2013-04-21, 09:35   Link #1429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Accelerator initiated the surprise attack first.

Quote:
A direct hit to the medulla and I doubt he could control his power anymore, a hit to the parietal lobe would pretty effective knock out his mathematic ability too.
Sure they'd need to be lucky shots but guns are fearful things and not to be underestimated in the damge they can do, which is enough that I doubt XLR8R could close it up.

But it is aside from the point... my question was could a darkmatter bullet hit XLR8R at all before the fight began.
In a perfect world sure, everything is just that simple.

Accelerator just has to stand still like a good target.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:38   Link #1430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He only needs to block it from a single direction. There are hundreds of them, yes but it is spread out over a large area and many of them aren't going in his direction
...You don't quite understand how an artillery bombardment works do you?

You don't die from just a direct impact; there's also the shock wave and fragmentation coming in from ALL SIDES.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:44   Link #1431
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

How could there be any fragments or shockwaves when none of the stakes reached fiamma's area in the first place.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:47   Link #1432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How could there be any fragments or shockwaves when none of the stakes reached fiamma's area in the first place.
Hmm I wonder...

Quote:
That attack of ice was the antithesis of the flames that the name Fiamma referred to and it was not merely a cannonball that was fired. It was a transparent anchor. The 2 or 3 meter mass struck Fiamma’s body and knocked him a few kilometers away.

Quote:
“Oh, really? I’d say I’m much more careful with my possession than you give me credit for,” said a voice of unknown origin cutting Vento off.

Immediately afterwards, the loud sound of the distant mountain of ice blades being blown to pieces from within was heard. It went beyond the level of an eruption. The overwhelming force did not even allow the remnants to rain back down to the ground. The shattered pieces were swept away in the wind.

...Maybe it was because he was buried under a mountain of them?
Old 2013-04-21, 10:07   Link #1433
desrtsku
Nympholept

Don't mind me, just doing what any good citizen would do
Quote:
The whole point of the entire fight was that Kakine can't hit him properly with dark matter without prep = he can't do anything to Accel at the beginning.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:07   Link #1434
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

He was buried. but there was nothing that said there wasn't any space underneath that mountain. The stakes are spread from an explosion and it shoots out in every direction. Just deflecting the stakes in front of you will create a safe area around you. The deflected stakes will eventually cascade around you and some will fall on top of you and on top of each other. it eventually forms a hill around you. Imagine a hill with a space at the middle.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:08   Link #1435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He wasn't expecting to fight him yet either.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:11   Link #1436
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he surrounding accelerator and the rest when he first appeared. How could he not be prepared.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:12   Link #1437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he surrounding accelerator and the rest when he first appeared. How could he not be prepared.
Because we're talking about Vol 15?

Quote:
He was buried. but there was nothing that said there wasn't any space underneath that mountain. The stakes are spread from an explosion and it shoots out in every direction. Just deflecting the stakes in front of you will create a safe area around you. The deflected stakes will eventually cascade around you and some will fall on top of you and on top of each other. it eventually forms a hill around you. Imagine a hill with a space at the middle.
Even if that were true you're forgetting, or ignoring, this line that I've also posted-

Quote:
The 2 or 3 meter mass struck Fiamma’s body and knocked him a few kilometers away.
He doesn't need to destroy those stakes- probably didn't even do a thing.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:16   Link #1438
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Does it really matter if the source of the stakes is a few centimeters away from him or a few kilometers? He'll just deflect the ones right in front of him.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:19   Link #1439
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Does it really matter if the source of the stakes is a few centimeters away from him or a few kilometers? He'll just deflect the ones right in front of him.
There's nothing in the text that stated that's what he did.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:20   Link #1440
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

There's nothing in the text that said he deflected all of them either.

Tags
hard science