Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 01:03   Link #16921
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I
About Turn 19 the most important thing is, imo, that Lelouch didn't want to die firstly; Before seeing Schneizel, he was still searching a way to escape to this embush; This very fact seems to imply that his whole move was really to save Kallen's life (since she didn't want to let him), and not because he wanted to die; So it was more of an heroic sacrifice than anything else (even if with this situation is was even more crushed he searched a way to escape !) This Lelouch...
not only did he not want to die at that point
but mere moments ago he started screaming at rolo that he hates him and had tried to kill him before
that was an act of someone who wants to die (rolo is not stable, and could have killed him in a heartbeat)

and yet the moment kallen walks in, suddenly he doesnt want to die anymore
but once he does see that there is no way out his actions to protect kallen are almost as a reflex
he doesnt even consider the fact that his actions will lead to his own death (he gives up any chance of explaining himself with his act)
the moment he sees that there is no way out he starts focusing on saving kallen's life without any fear at his own death
its only after that point that he tells rolo that he has no reason left to live anymore
becouse after that point he really did lose everything

kallen as a similer reaction to protect him (she steps infront of him and shields him with her own body)
this is far from the first time she does something like that (her defult mode is as his protector
and when they threaten to kill her with him she never even considers moving away (he has to force her not to die)
this is all within moments of being back at his side (mere hours after being rescued

P.S
@Foxx
could still be canon
that scene could be someone's imagination running wild (three court ladies taken to the next logical step)
the rumers state that PD4 is in the planning stages of the operation to kiddnap tianzi
Old 2008-11-11, 01:26   Link #16922
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
The whole setting is kind of confusing. This looks to be the first non-canon Picture Drama to date. Unless this is something that happened between seasons.
I believe all the picture dramas from the first season were canon.
I'm assuming at this point that it's another look at what C.C. and Kallen were up to between the two seasons. While alot of the R2 drama CDs have been crack, so far, the picture dramas are canon, so I would assume this one is too.
Old 2008-11-11, 02:14   Link #16923
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
If this series has the same number of DVDs that would mean 9 discs. That would remain 6 more Picture Dramas. We already know the 4th Picture Drama has Kallen in it as well. That will make Kallen's appearance in the Picture Dramas a total of three out of the four.
I wonder how long it will take for her to get her own DVD box cover? So far it's been:
Volume 01: Lelouch and C.C.
Volume 02: Rolo and Villetta
Volume 03: Suzaku, Anya, and Gino
Something makes me think she will be in the last DVD box with Nunally...
And the last picture drama might be a little after the end thing... maybe I can hope...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 02:48   Link #16924
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'm assuming at this point that it's another look at what C.C. and Kallen were up to between the two seasons. While alot of the R2 drama CDs have been crack, so far, the picture dramas are canon, so I would assume this one is too.
That very first Sound Drama sounded canon. It was funny, but it did have some canon fact. Talking about why Lelouch and the school are still around. C.C. talks about Charles and his plan. Even his name catches Kallen off guard. Nothing in it completely contradicts the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Something makes me think she will be in the last DVD box with Nunally...
And the last picture drama might be a little after the end thing... maybe I can hope...
I'm doubting Kallen will be on the very last DVD. That seems more like Emperor Lelouch, Suzaku, and maybe Nunnally or C.C.
I wouldn't make sense for Kallen to be on a cover of the DVD in the episodes she's in prison. She will probably get to be in one that's just before the last DVD.
Old 2008-11-11, 05:06   Link #16925
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kallen would probably be on the 7th one which contains eps 17-19
thats when she had her biggest chance to shine
if sherly is on the 5th one then im probably right
Old 2008-11-11, 06:06   Link #16926
reaper_unique

hmm I wonder, and this is not just with the DVD boxes, it's the same with the official art, why is there so little Kallen? I mean it's pretty much (emperor)LelouchxC.C and/or suzaku all the time. we rarely get to see Kallen with lelouch or at least not as much as with C.C .

I know lelouch and C.C are the two most popular characters of CG and she gave hm geass but Kallen is, if I'm not mistaken, not that far behind of C.C. and she is as well pretty important

but now, with the R2 pictures dramas, it's Kallen all the time, with the fourth picture drama into concidaration she will be in 3/4, if I'm not mistaken.

Why? Is it because they prefer KallenxLulu in secret? It also makes me wonder how the director's original R2 would be.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:42   Link #16927
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
hmm I wonder, and this is not just with the DVD boxes, it's the same with the official art, why is there so little Kallen? I mean it's pretty much (emperor)LelouchxC.C and/or suzaku all the time. we rarely get to see Kallen with lelouch or at least not as much as with C.C .

I know lelouch and C.C are the two most popular characters of CG and she gave hm geass but Kallen is, if I'm not mistaken, not that far behind of C.C. and she is as well pretty important

but now, with the R2 pictures dramas, it's Kallen all the time, with the fourth picture drama into concidaration she will be in 3/4, if I'm not mistaken.

Why? Is it because they prefer KallenxLulu in secret? It also makes me wonder how the director's original R2 would be.
They need covers that sell DVD's :3
The inside is another matter altogether. I would love a picture drama episode where they tell what really Lelouch was thinking when Kallen kissed him
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 08:53   Link #16928
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

That's not wrong, I saw this too...just like in R2, with a bunch of Cluclu merchandising as symbol of the serie, but with a CC who was as much present than Ougi (and the most time she was simply hugging Cheese kun or eating pizza...is that a joke ?); while KallenxLelouch didn't get any merchandising tools while having the most interactions/romance moment (and add to this the very fact that hey changed Kallen's devellopment in R2 which would have been about her past, brother, father, to make her evolve only around her relationship and feelings toward Lelouch)
And now, while scans are still about CC and Lelouch, the side material after the serie is still about the Kalulu couple.

So the CluClu duet is used to sell while the Kalulu couple is inside
And they deleted Charles and CC kiss...if they had kissed I guess we would have win our Kalulu ending I don't think writers would have want to put Lelouch and CC together after doing this (and if they planned this we can understand why CC and Lelouch never happened it was simply not the way wished)...

Well don't judge a book by it cover; This quote is just perfect to Code Geass R2

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 09:43   Link #16929
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
So the CluClu duet is used to sell while the Kalulu couple is inside
And they deleted Charles and CC kiss...if they had kissed I guess we would have win our Kalulu ending I don't think writers would have want to put Lelouch and CC together after doing this (and if they planned this we can understand why CC and Lelouch never happened it was simply not the way wished)...
Ya think so?.....and what if they kiss?...... u think kalulu won with that?
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 12:30   Link #16930
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
Ya think so?.....and what if they kiss?...... u think kalulu won with that?
If they planned to give a kiss between Charles and CC, I don't think a CCxLulu couple would have been possible, it would have been kinda weird after the father kiss. And this change about the kiss go along with the others change...
Anyway from what I saw, this didn't change a lot, since at the end the result was the same to CC and Lelouch.

And CluClu doesn't really matters about the relationship between Kallen and Lelouch, I was talking about a CluClu relationship which was certainly the reason why we had this ambiguous ending, this gum line deleted and the rest; My opinion about every pairing is because of what I see about those pairing, not about others.

Old 2008-11-11, 12:40   Link #16931
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i dont think a chuu between C.C and charlie would have changed all that much
i have already stated the theory i heard somewhere that both C.C and Kallen are there to cater to lelouch's two main personallty defining traits
1)C.C - edipus complex
2)Kallen - big brother complex
so having C.C smooch with charlie would only serve to farther that point
this is just a theory
Old 2008-11-11, 14:11   Link #16932
reaper_unique

it depends how you look at a kiss, take the kisses of C.C and lulu.
Yes they kissed but what did it mean?
we all know that during S1 and beginning of R2 she conciderd herself an emotionless witch, with just one purpose, dying.

If you take that into concidaration there kisses meant sh*t and I think we all know that, so what if C.C and charles would have kissed? it would be meaningless. it would be a kiss with a purpose not a meaning.

Kallen and lelouch kiss in episode 22 on the other hand was one with meaning, it was Kallens way of testing lelouch if she really loved him(which was pretty obvious). And well the rest, you all know the rest.

But ofc you all know that
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 14:30   Link #16933
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

About CC kiss it was all about the memories so...business kiss -_-'

Well I'm not really okay about those complex...the only complex Lelouch seems to have is the siscon (just like Kallen is a brocon)
To think that his relationship with Callen and CC are linked with those complex doesn't seems right to me. CC was motherly with him, it's true, but to call this an oedipian complex...

About Kallen, same thing, I don't see the link with the brocon complex; They are very similar with both their stories and motivation, but Lelouch is defeinitely not brocon about Kallen.

CC kiss the father and hook up with the son after this ? It's weird really -_-" But even without this nothing happened so.

Old 2008-11-11, 14:41   Link #16934
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i have a theory about the "life flashing before eyes" thing
i think the freeze frame scenes are about moments of happiness
aside from the kiss with kallen you have his time with rolo (when he was under the geass and treated him like a brother) and his childhood with nunnaly and suzkaku (beffore the war in japan)
just my guess about that
Old 2008-11-11, 14:49   Link #16935
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
it depends how you look at a kiss, take the kisses of C.C and lulu.
Yes they kissed but what did it mean?
we all know that during S1 and beginning of R2 she conciderd herself an emotionless witch, with just one purpose, dying.

If you take that into concidaration there kisses meant sh*t and I think we all know that, so what if C.C and charles would have kissed? it would be meaningless. it would be a kiss with a purpose not a meaning.

Kallen and lelouch kiss in episode 22 on the other hand was one with meaning, it was Kallens way of testing lelouch if she really loved him(which was pretty obvious). And well the rest, you all know the rest.

But ofc you all know that
Quote:
About CC kiss it was all about the memories so...business kiss -_-'

Well I'm not really okay about those complex...the only complex Lelouch seems to have is the siscon (just like Kallen is a brocon)
To think that his relationship with Callen and CC are linked with those complex doesn't seems right to me. CC was motherly with him, it's true, but to call this an oedipian complex...

About Kallen, same thing, I don't see the link with the brocon complex; They are very similar with both their stories and motivation, but Lelouch is defeinitely not brocon about Kallen.

CC kiss the father and hook up with the son after this ? It's weird really -_-" But even without this nothing happened so.
AS for the two of u she didn't want to kiss charles he force it .
Old 2008-11-11, 14:53   Link #16936
Risa chan
Watcher

Actually , the kiss was to kill her.
As For C.C Kiss , we can say it's business, but i still saying that she looks for affections from lelouch .But anyway it's not the right topic to talk about C.C and Lelouch or KAllen and Lelouch
Old 2008-11-11, 15:25   Link #16937
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Even if it was forceful, it's weird.

And it's the right topic to talk about Kallen and lelouch, since it's about Kallen.
Now about CC, we were talking about things in common with Kallen, so nothing wrong there. But yeah, to talk only about CC and the meaning of her kisses isn't the wrong place.
About the flashback, I think the whole flashback thing was to illustrate the life which is running in front of his eyes, and just like you, I see those slight pause about his happiest/most important moment.

The fact they were pause had forcefully a meaning and since those pause were about people he cares for during really definite moment (Friend moment with Shirley, lover moment with Kallen, Brother moment with Rolo, and childhood with Suzaku and Nunnally) it's kinda hard to refute the fact that those moment were important to him.

*And my Kalulu side tells me that even if he knew Kallen as a friend, as a bodyguard, and as a comrade, the very fact he thought about her during their only lover moment (If it had been the whole episode 9 scene I would have say that Lelouch really wished to have more intimate contact with her <_<) has clearly a meaning...especially if we are watching the other pause...*

Edit : Oh, and Knight of Zero, we aren't making fun about the fact that Kalulu would have won if the Charles x CC kiss had occur; We are only implying that this kiss didn't go in the CluClu direction. And to the most of us the near canon couple is already Kalulu, we don't really need anything more, we are only making supposition.

Old 2008-11-11, 15:36   Link #16938
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Kallen appears in that one and only scene in his memories
many other people appear at other times but kallen only in that one
if i had to interpret that as anything i would say that its the one aspect about her that he truly remembers her as
the girl who loved him (and possibly the one he loved as well)
his reactions to her and actions concerning her in the second season could be seen to support that theory (ep 7 and onwards)
what ever else she may have been to him before ep 7
starting from that point on there is a closenes to their relationship that was not there before
and his reaction to her capture i think sums it up very well
just my theory
Old 2008-11-11, 15:45   Link #16939
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

CC isn't perfect as far as I see it u Kalulu believe Kallen is perfect^
Old 2008-11-11, 15:52   Link #16940
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

not perfect
but shes pretty damn awesome (both as a character and as a love interest)
thats why shes my fav character in the show (at least R2)