Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 18:59   Link #401
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And it's very liberating of him to stay home to take care of the family so that his wife can further her career. I agree with Madoka that her dad is cool. More husbands should be supportive of their wives like him.
I concur! =D

I wonder if Madoka will even get a love interest... I honestly wouldn't mind it at all if she didn't.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:22   Link #402
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
When did love interest always have to be 'guy'?
Very good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
Madoka said she wants a cool husband so it's unlikely that she's in love with a girl.
She said in the interview that she wants "a cool husband like her mum". That could be understand the way that she wants a female "husband".
So there is a possibility for Yuri
Old 2010-12-26, 23:40   Link #403
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

She said in the interview that she wants "a cool husband like her mum". That could be understand the way that she wants a female "husband".
No, there isn't .

The line was that "she wants a cool husband like her mother did". I don't know where did you read that .

Just be literal until the development of the series proves the opposite.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 23:47   Link #404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Madoka said she want cool husband like her mom. So, it is possible to have a yuri element in this series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Nah, she said she want a cool husband like her mom did. It was a mistake on my part for misleading translation, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, there isn't .

The line was that "she wants a cool husband like her mother did". I don't know where did you read that .

Just be literal until the development of the series proves the opposite.

...Yup, and this is how it begins Talk about deja vu all over again
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 01:35   Link #405
Mef

Well, if I'm not mistaken (which could be the case, considering my nearly non-existent japanese skills) "her" words are:
ママみたいに格好良い旦那さんが見つかったらいいな。。。。 (Mama mitai ni kakkoii dannasan ga mitsukattara ii na...).
Couldn't that also mean "It would be nice if I could find a cool husband who is like my mother" ?

However, "kakkoii dannasan" is clearly describing a man, so I still don't see any reason to speculate about yuri at this time.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 01:52   Link #406
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Lol how this conversation is STILL going on.

As mef and I said (even though it was kinda like joke,), there was not a single 'direct' indication that says either there are going to be any love, straight girl or yuri girl theme; since the story is completely unknown due to our fabulous Urobuchi Gen and Iwakami. Plus, twisting single Japanese sentence sentence never proves anything.

Kakkoii = Cool, however it can still be used to female. You always hear that Saori calling Sasaki 'kakkoii' in Azumanga Daioh.
Dannasan = Husband, but why husband always has to be 'male' anyway? Lesbian couple sometimes have one female doing the stereotypic 'husband' role and another does 'wife' role. Then, we can still call that female to be equivalent of husband in normal marriage.

The synopsis was 'Madoka saw Homura in her dream! AND HER LIFE CHANGED AFTER MEETING HER!!!!' kind of intro, which I thought it creates kind of yuri 'VIBE'. That's about it. The various 'possibility' of Yuri theme is still there, and that's why we can speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Angel Beats did something similar, why not?
I wouldn't consider AB for example since I consider it as complete failure of production and planning team, Aniplex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Also, most of Urobuchi's stuff that I've seen is relatively short; You could adapt Kikokugai into a two-hour film, for instance.

Short is sometimes better. Less filler.
Well, a lot of mahou shoujo had multiple seasons. I guess it will depend on sales of DVD/BD as sort. If this at least get popularity like hidamari sketch, another season will always be possible. (If Urobuchi actually knows how to make a good open ending of mahou shoujo genre instead of killing everyone...*cough)

Last edited by applejuice; 2010-12-27 at 03:05.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 02:12   Link #407
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Well, a lot of mahou shoujo had multiple seasons. I guess it will depend on sales of DVD/BD as sort. If this at least get popularity like hidamari sketch, another season will always be possible. (If Urobuchi actually knows how to make a good open ending of mahou shoujo genre instead of killing everyone...*cough)
I know that he has a knack for causing numerous deaths and misery to his characters, but aren't we now painting him as a cross between Mohiro Kitoh and pre 90's Tomino ? I mean, he's seriously not going to kill everyone, maybe he's actually trying to write something happy like he said.
Old 2010-12-27, 02:33   Link #408
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I know that he has a knack for causing numerous deaths and misery to his characters, but aren't we now painting him as a cross between Mohiro Kitoh and pre 90's Tomino ? I mean, he's seriously not going to kill everyone, maybe he's actually trying to write something happy like he said.
psss can't take a jokeBUT ITS UROBUCHI GEN!
Old 2010-12-27, 02:46   Link #409
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
Well, if I'm not mistaken (which could be the case, considering my nearly non-existent japanese skills) "her" words are:
ママみたいに格好良い旦那さんが見つかったらいいな。。。。 (Mama mitai ni kakkoii dannasan ga mitsukattara ii na...).
Couldn't that also mean "It would be nice if I could find a cool husband who is like my mother" ?

However, "kakkoii dannasan" is clearly describing a man, so I still don't see any reason to speculate about yuri at this time.
Wouldn't "a cool husband who is like my mother" be "mama mitai na kakko ii danna-san"? IIRC the "ni" particle turns the clause into an adverb, so it would be "a cool husband like my mother (did)." I think.

Then again if it's an adverb it could also be modifying "kakko ii" which would make it "a husband who is cool like my mother (is cool)."

... I just realized this is my first post in the thread, though I've been following it for a while. >> Well anyway I'm looking forward to this too.
Old 2010-12-27, 02:59   Link #410
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Kajiura-sensei said about the script that she found it very amusing, so it will surely have many funny and happy parts in it.

The few things we know about the anime leave just too much room for speculation.

One theme that has been featured consistently in the announcements is making one wish come true, examples:
"Madoka is an kind, friendly, but ordinary second-year middle school girl. She wonders aloud what she should do if she can grant whatever you may wish through magic."
"I will grant whatever you girls want, exactly one wish."
"Mami-san, does the wish really have to be about myself?"

These lines could be from a show for kids where everyone gets their wish granted in the end and lives happily ever after.
But of course there could also be conflicting or evil wishes like "I want to be with that guy but he loves this other girl!" or "I want this person to die!".

The popular expectation seems to be that as long as there are two people left in this anime, someone is gonna want someone dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Wouldn't "a cool husband who is like my mother" be "mama mitai na kakko ii danna-san"? IIRC the "ni" particle turns the clause into an adverb, so it would be "a cool husband like my mother (did)." I think.

Then again if it's an adverb it could also be modifying "kakko ii" which would make it "a husband who is cool like my mother (is cool)."
As I said my japanese skills are nearly non-existent so I don't really know about ni and na and whatever.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 03:26   Link #411
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
moar madoka chan~

Old 2010-12-27, 04:36   Link #412
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I just hope SHAFT won't run out of budget while animating this and resort to expensive version of voice drama. I remembered they did that before.
Old 2010-12-27, 05:48   Link #413
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I just hope SHAFT won't run out of budget while animating this and resort to expensive version of voice drama. I remembered they did that before.
Then again, if you remember how well that voice drama sold......

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 07:32   Link #414
tsunade666

what's with the finger gesture of madoka? most of her pictures are like that one. With an animal like gesture. Reminds me of a dog or something the same.
Old 2010-12-27, 07:54   Link #415
sirn
田舎者言うな

To my knowledge, Raiga is correct.

みたいな is an adjective, e.g. describing 旦那さん
ママみたいな旦那さんが見つかる is "found husband like my mother."
俺みたいな格好良いやつが見つかる is "found someone cool like me."
私みたいな大人にならないように is "don't become an adult like me."

みたいに is an adverb, e.g. describing 見つかる
ママみたいに旦那さんが見つかる is "found husband like my mother did."
俺みたいに優しい嫁さんが見つかる is "found a gentle wife like I did."
私みたいに大人にならないように doesn't make any sense.

But again, my knowledge could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Reminds me of a dog or something the same.
A fox?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:05   Link #416
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
moar madoka chan~

I love Madoka's design... I don't know why, usually I find magical girl designs to be uninspiring and generic... but something about Madoka just works for me.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:25   Link #417
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i am curious, what make this series hyped.

aside having a good staff.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:35   Link #418
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
i am curious, what make this series hyped.

aside having a good staff.
It's mostly the staff and the cast, as far as I know. There isn't much to go on since it's an original work.

It's a Shaft original, which is rare, and Shinbo directed the first season of Nanoha.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:42   Link #419
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well because what i see so far seem the story is generic magical girl story.

go to school, find magical item, become magical girl, fight paranormal being, find fellow magical girl, repeat.

obviously its shinbo-shaft you never knew what happens, i expect "good" generic magical girl

my main concern so far that will it be original or another typical moe magical girl that talk about friendship
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:44   Link #420
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
moar madoka chan~

This one resembles more to Hidamari's and Aoki Ume's (which I like a lot) style of art.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-12-27 at 16:34.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen